Oh Shit! by josette grover
Summary: Eureka has some visitors that are strangely familiar.
Categories: Non Buffy/Angel Crossovers Characters: None
Genres: AU, PWP
Warnings: Cute Kid, Het, Mary Sue/Self Insertion, Slash
Challenges: None
Series: A Sunnydale Kid in Eureka Series
Chapters: 25 Completed: No Word count: 42996 Read: 708441 Published: 2009.07.14 Updated: 2015.06.11
Story Notes:

Greta in a Sunnydale Kid in Eureka, let the chaos begin.

 

 

1. Chapter 1 by josette grover

2. Chapter 2 by josette grover

3. Chapter 3 by josette grover

4. Chapter 4 by josette grover

5. Chapter 5 by josette grover

6. Chapter 6 by josette grover

7. Chapter 7 by josette grover

8. Chapter 8 by josette grover

9. Chapter 9 by josette grover

10. Chapter 10 by josette grover

11. Chapter 11 by josette grover

12. Chapter 12 by josette grover

13. Chapter 13 by josette grover

14. Chapter 14 by josette grover

15. Chapter 15 by josette grover

16. Chapter 16 by josette grover

17. Chapter 17 by josette grover

18. Chapter 18 by josette grover

19. Chapter 19 by josette grover

20. Chapter 20 by josette grover

21. Chapter 21 by josette grover

22. Chapter 22 by josette grover

23. Chapter 23 by josette grover

24. Chapter 24 by josette grover

25. Chapter 25 by josette grover

Chapter 1 by josette grover
Author's Notes:
Ratings may change in later chapters

The door of the Sheriff office slams open, Jo and Carter looking up. They stare, stunned, when they see . . .Jo looking back at them.

 

"No, I'm not a clone, alien, or any of a dozen other things GD has been up to, at least my version." the other Jo says, making a slashing motion in midair. "I have no fucking idea how it happened, but there seems to be a dimensional rip somewhere since I wasn't in Eureka when I went to bed last night, and I woke up in a field outside of town a couple hours ago."

 

"Call Stark?" Carter asks, already reaching for the phone.

 

"Call Stark." Jo agrees, Carter blinking when both of them speak at the same time. "I have some clothes you can wear." the Jo sitting at the desk says, looking at the dirty clothes the other woman is wearing. "Where did you wake up, have somebody run out and see if there's anything out there?"

 

"In my world, it's my family's farm, here it's probably still the old McGuire place?" Jo says. "We did some renovations when the family brought it, that's the first thing that made me think that this isn't my Eureka."

 

Fifteen minutes later both Stark and Allison come into the sheriff's office. The Jo in the chair by the desk, who'd run into the office's bathroom to change her clothes and wash up, blinking at the heavily pregnant woman. "Okay, that's the second thing that tells me I'm not in my Eureka, Dr. Blake was not pregnant when I went to bed last night." She suddenly stops, staring at the Jo from this world. "What's today's date?"

 

"April 30th, 2009."

 

"Okay, it's still the same date." Jo says, patting at her pockets then the bag that she'd brought in with her. Carter and this world's Jo had looked through it when she was in the bathroom, the objects inside seem identical to her own possessions, a PDA, her gun, a laptop, newer than her own, her wallet . . . She pulls out the PDA, flipping to a program that's not on this world's Jo's computer.

 

"Damn, I'm not connecting. . ."

 

"You're not using the Global Dynamics intranet?" Stark asks.

 

"No, I'm trying to contact to my family's servers. Which is the third thing telling me I'm not in Kansas anymore, I'd be able to contact it anywhere in the world back home. The family made damn sure they could find me after I dropped out of sight on them a few years ago."

 

"Global Dynamics." Stark orders. "We've had experience with dimensional vortexes, maybe we can find a way to figure out which alternate reality you're from."

 

The ride to Global Dynamics is quiet, the Jo from this dimension driving while her passenger looks around trying to see differences between this Eureka and her own.

 

"What were you doing before you went to bed? You said you weren't in Eureka." Deputy Jo looks over at Visitor Jo.

 

"Spending some time with my family." Jo looks out the window again as they pull into the parking lot. "GD doesn't look any different."

 

"Yeah, things rapidly got back to normal since Thorne was removed as Head of Global Dynamics and Dr. Stark and Blake took over."

 

"Thorne? Who's Thorne?" Visitor Jo asks.

 

"Global Dynamics didn't send in a corporate Head-Hunter to take over GD because we weren't showing enough of a profit?"

 

"That's the stupidest thing I ever heard, how the hell can you show a profit when most of your projects are classified?" Visitor Jo asks. "No, GD is working on a partnership with my younger sister's company, I think the DoD is going to bring Dayton in to take over eventually, Stark will be happy since he'd be working with my sister again."

 

"You have sisters?"

 

"You don't?"

 

"No, I just have two older brothers."

 

"You're lucky," Visitor Jo drawls, "I have nine brothers and three sisters." Deputy Jo turns off the ignition and stares at the other woman. "Nine brothers???" she asks stunned. "And three sisters?"

 

"Nine, brothers, three sisters." Visitor Jo nods. Carter, Stark, and Allison stare in disbelief at the visitor as they hear her words. "And our three dads of course."

 

"Your world sounds a lot different than ours." Deputy Jo says as they finally get out of the SUV, ID's scanned as they head up to the infirmary.

 

"Well, the more things change, the more they stay the same." Visitor Jo drawls as the elevator door opens to find Chase pressed against the wall next to the doors, House kissing him passionately as Wilson sighs and shakes his head. "Boys, I'm sure you have somewhere else where you can be doing that." Nathan says in mock irritation. "And you're setting a bad example for our son." he takes the car seat and diaper bag from Wilson. Wilson smirks at him and kisses Alex's forehead before grabbing his mates and shoving them into the elevator.

 

"You know Gregory?"

 

"Yeah, we're related. Nice to see he's molesting Chase and Wilson here too. But . . .your son?"

"It's a long story." Stark says. Allison hisses and stops in the middle of the hallway, Carter immediately walking up behind her, absently rubbing her stomach as the baby settles down.

 

"Thank you Carter," she breathes in relief. "The baby's been active today for some . . . " her voice trails off as a gush of water hits the floor. "Ohhh shit!" She grabs Carter's arm as a contraction hits. "Damn it," she hisses.

 

"Deep breath, let it out slowly." Visitor Jo says, quickly grabbing her other arm. "Pant if you have to."

 

Stark shoves the carrier and diaper bag in a nurses' arms and lifts Allison into his arms. A nurse rushes in front of him as he carries her to the delivery room.

 

"Looks like my arrival isn't the only thing that's happening today." Visitor Jo says as she looks over at her counterpart.

 

"Dr. Blake's nearly two weeks early." Deputy Jo says as she taps on an office door. "Carlisle, are you busy?"

 

"Just updating records." the blond man behind the desk says, looking up with a smile. He blinks when he sees the identical brunettes in the doorway. "Fargo?" he finally asks with a sigh.

 

Chapter 2 by josette grover

"No, not this time." the Jo wearing her uniform says, dropping into a seat in front of his desk. She waves the other woman to a seat.

 

"What happened?" Carlisle asks.

 

"Looks we had a dimensional rip somewhere, at least on my end." the second Jo says. "Because I was clear on the other side of the country when I went to bed last night."

 

"Does Nathan know?" Carlisle asks with a sigh.

 

Deputy Jo nods. "We came up here to see if there was a way to find out which dimension she's from, Nathan's a little busy right now though, Allison's water just broke."

 

"Nathan with her?"

 

"Stark and Carter are with her." Deputy Jo says as the door opens and Carter sticks his head around the door. "Oh good, you're in here already. Carlisle, Nathan wants you to run MRIs on Jo, both of them. He thinks that he can pick up an energy signature that might lead to your home dimension." Carter nods at their visitor and quickly heads back to the room where the nurses are getting Allison settled.

 

"Umm, if you don't mind my asking, are Carter and Dr. Blake together?" Visitor Jo asks.

 

Deputy Jo shudders. "Ugh, no, Stark and Carter are together, but Stark had asked Dr. Blake to marry him again, she said yes, but there was an incident and everybody thought Stark had been killed on what was supposed to be their wedding day. When he got back, he and Carter finally admitted they had feelings for each other and got together, but Dr. Blake found out she was pregnant the same day Nathan returned to town and we got rid of that bitch Thorne. So they're together but they're helping Dr. Blake out with the . .."

 

"So horny I could fuck a table leg if I wouldn't get splinters part of her pregnancy?" Visitor Jo says dryly.

 

"Uh yeah, that part. I take it you've been there?"

 

"Oh hell no, but I've seen my parents dealing with that stage with my younger brothers and sisters." Visitor Jo snorts.

 

They get up and follow Carlisle out of the office to the MRI room, each of them taking turns lying on the bed and having a run through the machine. Nathan ducks in momentarily to look over Carlisle's shoulder when Allison kicks him out of the room.

 

Deputy Jo comes out of the room after the MRI and finds Carter leaning against the wall. "Henry wants one of us to come out to the Old McGuire farm, seems there's some strange energy readings."

 

"Probably from the disturbance that brought me here." Visitor Jo says, rubbing her arm lightly where Nathan had ordered blood drawn. "Is Beverly's guesthouse open?" She looks over at Nathan. "Unless you want me to stay here at Global Dynamics?"

 

"No, there's no need for you to stay at Global Dynamics, Carter or Lupo can drop you off. You'll need to turn the electricity on and pull sheets off the furniture though, I'll have somebody drop off a batch of groceries."

 

"Yeah, I'll probably need to eat something after I meditate." Visitor Jo says. It's not often she uses the talents her position as one of Ares High Priestesses grants her, but if her PDA and cell phone can't contact the family, prayer looks to be the only answer.

 

"Meditate?" Stark's head turns so quickly Visitor Jo idly wonders if it could do a 360 spin, "Would this meditation include ritual fasting and/or prayers?"

 

"Yes to both," Visitor Jo says. "I don't do it often, but I need to contact my family."

 

"You're staying here then, so we can put you on an IV if you need it." Nathan says. "Your electrolytes are probably out of balance from whatever brought you to our dimension, I don't want you passing out or anything else without somebody there to watch you." Nathan heads back into the delivery room, coming right back out with Allison's curses blistering his ears.

 

Visitor Jo snorts and walks in, finding Allison lying on the bed. She calmly sits down on the stool next to the bed, reaching over and taking her hand, massaging it as she pants her way through another contraction.

 

"I'd stay out here boys, looks like 'I've' got it well in hand." Jo snorts. "I'll head out to the farm." Neither man look like they're going to budge from their spots outside the delivery room. "Do you need me to check in on Zoe?"

 

"Yeah." Carter says. "I don't think I'm going to be home tonight."

 

Three long hours later, a baby's cry issues from the delivery room. Carter, who had been dozing off, nearly falls out of his seat, pulled back into his seat by Nathan's arm. "Congratulations Dr. Stark, Sheriff Carter, it's a. . ." the nurse who had came to the door heads back into the room at the call from Allison's ob/gyn.

 

Nathan quickly jumps to his feet, Carter a second behind him The nurse turns around and holds up two fingers. Twins?

 

"Congratulations Daddies, it's a girl and a boy. Your son weighed in at five pounds, six ounces, his younger sister weighs in at four pounds, two ounces."

 

Allison is settled in a bed a couple of hours later, waking from a nap to find Nathan and Carter sitting by the bed, each man feeding the baby in his arms. Alex is sleeping in a crib in the corner of the room.

 

"I am never, ever, ever doing that again." Allison scowls at Nathan. He smirks at her. "I hate you." she says, wincing as she tries to sit up. Carlisle helps her sit up, pushing pillows behind her as first Nathan, then Jack lay her children in her arms. Looking down at the babies, she coos and sighs. "At least wait until they're out of diapers?"

 

"Until you get pregnant again or have sex?" Jack asks with a smirk. "Abby didn't want to have sex until Zoe was five, she said when she was giving birth, that lasted until after the doctor cleared her for sex at her two month checkup."

 

"I need to check on Jo." Nathan says, walking over to the sink and washing his hands.

 

"Which one? Our Jo is out at the McGuire home with Fargo and Henry, she called when you were getting Allison settled in here so the news that the babies are here and we have a visitor from another dimension is no doubt making the rounds of Vincent's news network." Carlisle smiles as Esme leans over Allison's shoulder, cooing at the babies. He'd called her when Allison delivered the babies, she'd picked up the bag Allison had packed at her house and when the stores opened no doubt a number of baby gifts would be appearing. "And our visitor? Is currently sitting naked in the middle of a private room in the infirmary chanting. She's asked for herbs for ritual purification, nothing that's dangerous so Fargo will be delivering them as soon as he can get them." A squeaking sound can be heard. "And I think he just walked in on her."

 

A blushing bright red Fargo hurriedly runs down the hall, Nathan rolling his eyes and grabbing him by the shoulder. "Fargo, report!" he orders.

 

Chapter 3 by josette grover

Visitor Jo rolls her eyes when Fargo turns and runs out of the room, it doesn't matter which dimension they're in, he'll never change. Picking up the bag he'd hurriedly placed on the nearest flat surface, she opens it and smiles in thanks, just what she needs for her prayers. One of the nurses had brought her in a electric tea kettle and she plugs it in to boil as she dices the herbs with a ceremonial knife one of the nurses had given her.

 

Jo is beginning to feel like she's stepped through the looking glass, there's a coven in Eureka? She can feel the power rolling off Drs. Blake and Stark. And from the questions Stark had asked, he's well aware of the supernatural. When the water boils, she pours the water over the herbs and sets it to steep as she settles back down on the towel she'd brought out of the bathroom. She opens her eyes when a shadow falls over her, looking up at Dr. Stark as he hands her mug of tea.

 

"Thank you." she says, sipping the now cool enough to drink liquid. "Did Fargo stop running before he hit the parking lot?"

 

"Yes," Nathan sighs. "Okay, I've put up wards around the room, I have some questions."

 

"I figured you did." Jo finishes the tea and hands the mug up to him as she stands up. "Where do you want to start?"

 

"You're Josefina Lupo, but not quite the . . ." his voice trails off as Jo whoops with laughter. "Something the matter?"

 

"Your Jo's name is Josefina?" Jo asks.

 

"Yours isn't?"

 

"No, and I'd rather not tell you what it is, with Fargo's luck he'd be eating or drinking when he found out and choke on his own tongue." Jo leans against the wall across the room from Nathan who's lounging against the hospital bed.

 

"You're a . . ."

 

"High Priestess? Yes, I thought you knew what I was talking about when I mentioned meditation. I don't normally use my gifts, I don't normally have a use for them in my Eureka, but waking up in another dimension? Yeah, I'll make an exception." she snorts.

"What do you need from us?" Nathan asks.

 

"A quiet place to pray? Not to be interrupted? I'll probably be wiped out when I'm finished, if you check in and find me collapsed on the floor I'm done."

 

"How long do you plan on fasting?"

 

"At least 24 hours, probably 48. Ideally 72 hours but I don't think you're going to let me." Jo snorts.

 

Nathan snorts right back at her. "You have that right. Would putting you on an saline or glucose drip interfere with the herbs or your meditation and prayer?"

 

Jo thinks a second, then shakes her head. "I wouldn't chance it." she finally says. "Okay, then let me do a physical before you go back to meditating, so we have a baseline to compare to when you're finished."

 

An hour later and what feels like a million tests later Jo settles back down on the towel and closes her eyes, dropping down into a trance state to gather her strength. She can hear the others moving around outside her room, it seems the news that Dr. Blake had twins spread as fast here as it would have back home and Dr. Stark and Carter are making plans to get the nursery ready for the twins when they're released.

 

Carlisle looks over at visitor Jo's room when she starts chanting a day later. The chanting lasts about twelve hours, the nurses taking turns standing by her door with the bag of saline and glucose that Dr. Stark had ordered for her. She finally stops chanting, looking up at the woman standing by the door, standing up and weaving dangerously. The nurse is immediately in there, wrapping an arm around her and helping her onto the bed. Jo winces, almost asleep already, as the IV line is inserted into her arm.

 

Jo sleeps twelve hours before waking, blinking up at the ceiling. From the dim lighting, she knows it's the middle of the night. She thought she'd touched her father's mind, but she had been so out of it she can't be certain now. She tosses the light sheet and blanket off, not surprised to find she'd been put in a hospital gown once she'd went from vertical to horizontal. Pushing herself up to her feet, she wobbles to the bathroom, turning on the light and looking at herself in the mirror.

 

She looks like the fourth day of a three day pass she thinks, she's got a whole family worth of bags under her eyes, she hasn't had a headache like this since her last drinking match with Bucklin, and she has the nagging suspicion she might have broken out. Looking down at her hand, she concentrates briefly on the exercises her parents made her do and her hand starts glowing. Yup, she's a god she thinks with a sigh cutting the light show on her fingers before turning on the shower. She wants a bath in the worst way.

 

The nurses all look over at their guest's room when the shower comes on, the nearest nurse hurrying to the door. They would have thought that she'd be out for hours with the dose of sedative Dr. Stark had ordered to make sure she slept.

 

Jo spits out a mouthful of water and shampoo as she ducks her head under the water. She wraps a towel around her wet hair as she walks out into the hospital room, finding a nurse waiting 'patiently' for her to get back into bed.

 

"How long was I asleep?" Jo asks when she's finally under the covers.

 

"Barely eight hours." the nurse tells her.

 

"Long enough." Jo snorts, pulling the pillow under her head into a more comfortable position.

 

The nurse changes out the iv bags, leaving the room to make a note on her records. Dr. Stark will be coming in to check on her before he goes to look in on Dr. Blake and the babies, hopefully he'll let her leave in the morning.

 

Jo wakes up a few more hours later to find breakfast being brought into the room and Dr. Stark following it in. Jo grumbles but submits to the exam since Dr. Stark tells her she can leave if her bloodwork comes out okay.

 

An hour later Jo gratefully settles in the passenger seat of Stark's BMW, a babbling baby in the car seat in the back. She'd gotten a good look at Alex who'd been in either Carter's, Gregory's, or Dr. Stark's arms the entire time, he's a good looking boy.

 

"Okay, what are you?" She finally asks as they pass the corner leading to Eureka.

 

"I was wondering when you were going to ask, I'm a vampire." Stark looks over at her as he stops at a sign.

 

"Huh." Jo says calmly. "That's another difference between our worlds."

 

Dr. Stark shakes his head as they pull up in front of Cafe Diem. They walk in and take a seat at a table, Vince coming up and putting coffee in front of them. Everybody looks up as a white light appears in the middle of the room and a figure falls out of it. Stark immediately pulls Vince away from it and Carter, who'd just walked in when he saw Nathan's car, reaches for his gun. The figure starts complaining and Nathan and Jack think he, it's definitely male, sounds familiar when the woman with them starts cursing broadly.

 

Jo looks up at the ceiling and shakes her fist. "I asked for help, not my idiot brother Buck." She yells at the top of her lungs.

 

"Love you too, Jocasta." Buck looks up from his spot on the floor, smirking.

 

 

Chapter 4 by josette grover

A second male voice can be heard. "Damn it Buck, can't you wait five minutes before pissing Jo off? I'd rather not get hit by accident because I'm under you when she decks you for calling her by her full name."

 

"Ryan?" Jo asks while the others look at her. Jocasta? No wonder she had said that Fargo would choke when he heard it, Nathan thinks.

 

A hand waves from under the figure on the floor and Buck pushes his hands under him, trying to get to his feet.

 

"Awww crud, we're stuck." Jo looks over and sees a flash of metal. Walking over she sticks her hands between her brothers bodies, Buck squeaking.

 

"Relax, Buck, I'm not trying to grope you." she grabs the buckles holding them together and slides them apart, allowing Buck to get to his feet. Ryan scrambles to his feet, putting a few inches of room between himself, his brother, and his sister.

 

"Buck, what in blazes are you doing here?" Jo hisses.

 

"We got your call," Buck smirks, "And come running."

 

Ryan snorts, causing everybody to look at him. All the Eureka citizens recognize him immediately as one of Horatio's cold case squad. In the corner of the room Henry is texting information to the others not currently there, adding pictures of the new visitors. Somewhere in Eureka, Ryan squeaks and blinks as he sees himself standing in the middle of the Cafe. He turns a stunned look at Horatio, who calmly takes the PDA from him.

 

"Ryan, what would you say to learning you and Deputy Lupo were brother and sister?" he asks with a faint smile. Ryan, who had been standing, suddenly drops into a seat Greg pushes in his direction.

 

"Okay," Jo says through gritted teeth, "Tell me what's going on." Buck opens his mouth with a grin and she holds up her hand. "Ryan, you tell me what's going on, Buck will cackle and howl and keep pissing me off and I'll never get the whole story."

 

"We still don't know how you ended up here, we didn't even know you were gone until you contacted Dad. Nice reach by the way." Jo holds up a hand, blocked from the view of the others by their bodies and allows her brothers to see her fingers flickering with power before she cuts it off. "Ahh," he says in interest. "That explains it. Anyway, we started investigating when we realized what had happened, Buck grabbed a bag full of gear, shoved another bag at me," the others see both men are dressed in jumpsuits and have packs on their backs, "and jumped through the rift. We ended up here." Ryan looks around. "Where's the others?"

 

Jo moans. "Others? Dad?" she asks hopefully.

 

"Buck grabbed Spence too." Ryan asks.

 

"He might have shown up at the farm, that's where I woke up." Jo says. "So did you jump through the rift to help me or just annoy me?" Jo asks Ryan. "Shut up Buck, you live to annoy me." Buck cackles again.

 

Nathan recognizes her brother Buck then, he's JD's roommate and fellow ATF agent. Idly he wonders if any more of Jo's brothers are people connected to Eureka. The door across the room opens and everybody looks in that direction. Fargo walks into the Cafe, followed by a tall thin man with light brown hair.

 

"There you are," Buck says, wrapping an arm around Spence's shoulders as he throws his other arm up in midair, making a sweeping motion. "You're late." Spence shakes his hand off his shoulder, unzipping and taking off the jumpsuit he'd been wearing, shoving it in his open pack. Ryan does the same as Jo drops into a seat, calmly beginning to pound her head on the table in front of her.

 

The bell over the door chimes and everybody looks over, Jo cussing again when she sees two familiar figures smirking at her. Nathan blinks as Blair and Jack's friend Daniel come into the building.

 

"Dammit, just what I needed. Five of my brothers here." Jo moans.

 

"Hey, how come you arrived outside of the building and we fell from the ceiling?" Ryan asks.

 

"Because Buck didn't grab us and jump into the rift before the landing area was set." Blair says with a smirk.

 

"And how come I didn't know the family had been working with controllable dimensional travel?" Daniel asks his brother.

 

"It was mentioned during our last family get together. Buck was too busy pissing Jo off all weekend and you were too busy hiding from Jo that same weekend because you're the one who told the family where she was." Ryan snorts. "So Buck and I arrived here, Jo arrived . . ."

 

"At the farm." she says muffled.

 

"Same here." Spencer says.

 

"Blair and Daniel arrived outside the cafe."

 

"We were sent to the location with the most people from another dimension, we figured it would be you guys." Blair says.

 

A horn sounding outside the building causes everybody to look in that direction. Everybody but Jo that is, she recognized it.

 

"Peter too?" she moans.

 

"He volunteered to bring some of the bigger things we needed, Dad wants to know how 'did your sister manage to find herself in another dimension'" he says, making quotation marks in mid-air. "You landed in Eureka, despite being halfway across the country and who or what grabbed you in the first place."

 

"I'm familiar with Eureka, even subconsciously I knew I'd be safe here." Jo says as Peter walks through the door. Nathan recognizes him immediately, Peter Venkman, one of the Ghostbusters.

 

"And you have no idea how you got here?" Blair asks.

 

"I went to sleep at the party, woke up outside of the farmhouse here in Eureka." she says grimly. She lifts her head from the table and starts swearing and shaking her fist at the ceiling. "What are my brothers supposed to be doing here besides pissing me off?" she asks.

 

"I am a scientist," Peter says with a smirk. "I don't spend all my time in the lab like Egon and Ray, but I do know some of the hard sciences. And I do have experience traveling between dimensions."

 

"I'm an anthropologist, but I've worked with Sam, so I could help Peter with some of his tests." Daniel says.

 

"And what are a police detective, a profiler with the FBI, a crime scene tech from Miami, and an ATF agent going to do here?"

 

"Keep you from shooting Buck while said ATF agent brother pisses you off." Blair says with a snort.

 

"Hey." Buck yelps.

 

Jo closes her eyes and starts cussing again.

 

"Think we should tell her Josette and Greta should be arriving any second?" Spencer asks his twin brother.

 

"Nahhh, let her get it out of her system." Ryan smirks.

 

 

 

Chapter 5 by josette grover

Meanwhile back at Global Dynamics, House walks into Allison's room, Alex tucked up under one arm.

 

"Be very, very quiet, we have to let Allison sleep," House whispers in his son's ear. "You remember how Auntie Allison couldn't hold you lately and was getting reallllll big." House smirks at the woman glaring at him from the bed. "Well, she couldn't hold you because she was going to have a baby, can you say baby?"

 

"Bay-bee." Alex crows, kicking his feet against his Dad's side. "You're such a big boy, I knew you could say baby. Anyway, a couple of nights ago your Auntie Allison gave birth. You have a baby brother and a baby sister." Gregory leans over the two bassinets, allowing his son to see the babies sleeping inside.

 

Alex squirms in House's arms, silently wanting to be let down. House puts him on his feet, holding him with one hand so he can't run off. Alex had gone from crawling one day to running, It seemed to be a common practice to hear 'Baby loose' alerts over the PA system at Global Dynamics, causing everybody to stop what they were doing and look around. Luckily the most sensitive labs are locked and without a pass he couldn't go far.

 

"Any news on the other thing that happened a couple of days ago?" House asks. He'd been stunned to come in the next morning to find there were two Jo's in town, he admits he'd been a little distracted the night before but how had he missed that? Not even the news that Dr. Blake had had twins had spread through town faster.

 

"Haven't you been paying attention to the news Henry's been sending out over PDA's and vidcells?"

 

House waves a hand at the thought of paying attention to one of the numerous gadgets everybody in Eureka seems to think they can't live without. "I hate those things, that's what I have Chase and Jimmy for, to tell me what's going on."

 

"It seems that Jo's family has started appearing in town, and they're already driving her insane teasing her." Allison checks the live footage from the Cafe.

 

"Her family?"

 

"Six of her nine brothers, most of whom seem to be people who live here in Eureka or we've met."

 

House raises an eyebrow at her. "Ryan Wolfe, JD's roommate Buck, Daniel Jackson, Blair, and Peter Venkman. There's a sixth brother, but I don't remember seeing him before." A beeping sound makes her look at her PDA. "Ahhh, Henry did a search for him, he's a profiler attached to the FB I."

 

House's nose wrinkles as his newest brother loads his diaper in his sleep. Allison chuckles at his look. "I suppose I could get up since Nathan left me here." she says, theatrically throwing the sheet off her legs. "I gave birth three nights ago, that's plenty of time to recover."

 

"Don't be so dramatic." House rolls his eyes. "Here, hold Alex so he doesn't run off." He puts Alex on the bed next to Allison and turns back to the bassinet, unfastening the blanket wrapped around the baby and lifts him onto the changing table.

 

Allison lays back in the mound of pillows, running a hand over Alex's head. "You need a haircut." She says. "Alex, want to help Auntie Allison rest while your Daddy changes a diaper?" Alex nods. "Lay down next to me then, close your eyes, and hold my hand."

 

Alex drifts off a couple of minutes later.

 

"You're good, I didn't think Alex would ever settle down." House says, putting young Nathan Michael into his bassinet. "So how long before you're getting sprung?"

 

"Two more days." Allison sighs.

 

House goes to the door and whistles, Carlisle coming in a minute later. House nods at the bed and he smiles, walking over and picking up Alex, following him to House's office and putting the baby in the playpen.

 

Meanwhile back at the Cafe, Carter jumps when a bus suddenly appears out of nowhere in front of the Cafe. The door opens and two . . . girls step out. Carter rubs his eyes but neither of them look to be any older than his daughter, though the taller one has as mane of pure white hair and the shorter one has a white lock in front. They walk around the front of the bus, the taller girl leaning against the front, her elbows on the hood as she smirks at the scene inside. The shorter girl crawls up onto the hood, her feet on the front fender until they're at the same level. Carter doesn't take his eyes off them, reaching blindly behind him, grabbing somebody.

 

Daniel looks over at the sheriff when he's grabbed, eyes following the other man's gaze. He snickers softly. "Your sisters, I take it?" Carter finally looks away from the window. Stark, hearing him, immediately turns to look that direction, seeing the bus parked outside.

 

"How did I miss hearing that pull up?"

 

"Because it didn't, I was looking this way. One second the street was empty, the next second it was there."

 

"Carter, that's impossible." Carter just gives him the 'oh yeah, we're talking about Eureka remember?' look and he chuckles.

 

"Not for our family it's not." Blair walks over to the door, holding it open for the two girls. Carter looks at them when they enter, he was right, they don't look any older than Zoe. The older girl walks to a table by the others and opens the backpack in her hand, pulling out a laptop that she starts typing on.

 

Meanwhile back in Greta's home universe, her fathers are frantically waiting for one of their children to check in. A beep has them looking as a screen opens and Greta's smiling face appears.

 

"Is Jo okay?" is the first words out of all three mouths.

 

Greta smirks, turning the screen of her laptop around so the camera faces away from her. Her fathers see their sons clustered around a table, seconds later they can hear Jo cussing.

 

Greta sticks her fingers in her mouth and whistles shrilly, making everybody look in her direction. Jo stops cussing and takes a deep breath. "You couldn't have just told me that Greta was on her way?"

 

"No." Daniel says simply.

 

 

Chapter 6 by josette grover

"So which one of your sisters is the one Nathan worked with when your family was in Eureka?" Carter asks Jo. "The one whose company the DoD was thinking of merging with GD in your world?"

 

"That's Greta, the tall one." Jo says. Nathan looks stunned. "And the DoD was thinking of bringing Dayton in to take over, Dayton is multi-national has a lot of government contracts, that way they can bring some of the more mainstream GD work out to the public." Greta looks up and waves at her table as Jo and her brothers cluster around the laptop.

 

"How come you could get through but I couldn't?" Jo asks.

 

"I'm boosting the signal off the bus, I'll show you how to boost your laptop." Greta looks over at her sister, squeals, and jumps out of her chair, hugging her. "Congratulations." she whispers in her ear.

 

"Thanks, I think." she hugs her back, somewhat stiffly. The news that Jo broke out quickly makes it's way to the others. Blair looks over at Daniel and asks him quietly.

 

"You think being a Goddess will make Buck back off on tormenting Jo?"

 

Daniel snorts. "Naaaahhhh, he torments Greta just as much and Greta's been a Goddess a hell of a lot longer than Jo. Now he's just got two sisters who can fry his ass if he gets too annoying."

 

Greta finally shuts down her laptop, sticking it back in her bag.

 

"So," I say, looking up at the ceiling. :"Was there a reason that Jo vanished from her room at the party and appeared here in Eureka or did we just want to freak out the nice people here?"

 

A scroll appears out of nowhere, landing next to her on the counter she's leaning against.

 

"You just had to ask." Greta rolls her eyes.

 

I open the ribbon tying the scroll shut, wrapping it around my wrist. "Awww fuck, it's in Gallifreyan."

 

"Can you read it or do you need Friday?" Greta asks. "And how do you know it's in Gallifreyan?"

"I recognize it from the road trip?" I say innocently.

 

"Uh-huh," Greta crosses her arms over her chest and looks at me. "Drop the other one, it's got bells on."

 

"Okay, my life is even more weird than we thought. I'll explain later." I say. I turn towards the counter. "Can I use your phone?" I ask Vincent. He nods dumbly. "Thanks, and can somebody tell me the Doctor's number?" Nathan walks over and dials a number. "Thanks," I nod and listen to the phone ringing.

 

"Hello?" I hear the familiar voice of the Doctor say in the phone. With an evil grin that rivals Greta, Strife, and Buck, I begin speaking in Gallifreyan. At the other end of the line, the Doctor stands stunned.

 

Switching back to English, I say. "I'm at the Cafe, come meet with me."

 

Jack's been watching his husband, he grabs the car keys. "Where?" he asks.

 

"The Cafe, whoever spoke said that she would be there." Jack gets behind the wheel, thankfully the kids are still in school, and drives there. He stops and stares at the bus that's parked outside the building and wraps an arm around the other man before they walk in.

 

The Doctor looks around, the cafe is unusually crowded for this time of day and most everybody there points at the counter where a young girl is leaning against the counter sipping a glass of ice water.

 

She smirks at him and hands over the scroll. "You might want to read this, it makes sense to me but then I'm a little weird." Most of the men and the other teenage girl snort at that. "No comments from the peanut gallery please. And if you have your handy dandy sonic screwdriver, scan me and do a search for a genetic match." The Doctor fumbles in his pocket for his sonic screwdriver and runs it over the girl, choking silently on the readings."

 

"This . . . This can't be right."

 

"Yeah, I got that same stunned look and variations of it's not possible from ten of you a couple of months ago." I snort.

 

"Doc?"

 

"Congratulations Jack, it's a girl." I say, rolling my eyes.

 

Greta just looks at me. "Long story, one I'd rather not get into here, but a couple months ago I found out I'm the daughter of the Doctor and his old 'friend' the Master."

 

Greta just blinks at me. "Is that where Cream, Sugar, and Spice came from?"

 

"Yup," I nod. "Okay, maybe we should take this somewhere else? Vincent's going to have customers coming in pretty soon."

 

"Beverly's guest house is empty." Jo says.

 

"Okay, everybody on the bus, we'll head over there." Everybody heads outside, most of my family getting on the bus or in Ecto-One. Greta follows Jo's directions to the guest house, Jo unlocking the door and ordering the others into pulling off sheets and opening windows as Jack's car, Nathan's BMW, and Carter's SUV pull in beside the bus.

 

The Doctor and Jack immediately head for the bus, Nathan and Jack Carter following them. I wave them to a seat as I look up at the ceiling. "Any other surprises you have in store for us?" A large basket appears on a chair and a shower of scrolls start dropping into it. I roll my eyes. "You really have to update your methods, it's the 21st century after all. A computer appears on the table, quietly chiming you have mail.

 

I reach for my laptop, sending a couple of messages. "Okay, Greta and I were on a road trip with our family last year, two of the people who were there was the two of you." I look over at Greta. "I told them they could park here on the bus. Anyway, in their dimension, you didn't regenerate after the events of the Satellite." The Doctor looks stunned as TARDIS arrives in a whoosh, whoosh, whoosh sound and the door opens, 9th Doctor Jack leaning against the door. "It's not my fault." I say at his amused look and toss the original scroll in his direction.

 

"Josette," Eureka Jack jumps slightly when he hears that long gone but still familiar voice as the 9th Doctor takes the scroll and starts to read. "It is never your fault, but you still manage to find yourself in the strangest of predicaments."

 

"Then I guess this isn't the best time to tell you I'm your daughter in another dimension?"

 

"I sort of figured that out from what this says." he waves the scroll. "Do you have any idea of who the others might be?"

 

"One of them would have to be one of the ten Doctors who was there when we found out I was the human daughter of you and your greatest enemy, one of them would be the version of you that was partially turned in N-Space, and I believe the last version of you is a version of you that might be Immortal."

 

Both Jack Harknesses look interested. "Ages ago, before TARDISes started being bigger on the inside, there was an ancient TARDIS that was dying, but her partner had a young son. . .you, or at least another version of you. Using experimental technology she split herself into two, creating the TARDIS we all know and love," I pat the TARDIS's outer wall and hear her purr in my mind, "To raise the baby while her other self continued its death flight through the stars. The Doctor was raised by the TARDIS and when he was older, she brought him to Gallifrey. But since he hadn't been raised there, he really didn't fit in."

 

Both Doctors snort in unison. "Anyway, he had pretty much the same adventures you two did, but where you regenerated he didn't. He always figured he had some close calls. Recently, UNIT discovered the planetoid that was the ancient TARDIS approaching Earth and Jack and his Torchwood team went up to investigate the object when they saw a hatch on the outside and realized it was a 'manmade' object." I hold up quotation marks around man-made. "That Jack had lost his Owen and Toshiko too Jack," Eureka Jack looks sad at that, the Doctor and 9th Doctor Jack wrapping their arms around him. "He'd taken in a new Torchwood member, a young yank from the United States named Xander Harris." Nathan's head lifts up immediately at that.

 

"They got up on the planetoid and started exploring when Xander fell through the veil of dust covering a room and started changing. . .that's when Jack realized they were in a TARDIS, he knew about regeneration from his days as a Time Agent, he left Ianto there and started looking for the control room. Xander's changing woke up the parts of the TARDIS that were still alive and she summoned her younger self and the Doctor. The Doctor found out about his early years and talked to the ghost of his long dead father, Ianto as a conduit, and when he said that they couldn't just let the TARDIS burn up in the sun, there was centuries of history that would be lost, his father's TARDIS told him to flip the lever separating the inner and outer hulls and have his TARDIS absorb the rooms."

 

"That would kill her." Both Doctors say in unison. "She was dying anyway," I say. "Anyway, that's when the TARDIS gave the Doctor and Jack a gift, everything that was still alive of her, a baby TARDIS and a human baby. Ianto collapsed and they realized the TARDIS had been absorbing rooms the entire time. They got into the TARDIS and watched the room they were in be the last absorbed as the ancient TARDIS entered the sun's gravity field. But being around the energy from Xander's regenerations affected Ianto, they'd placed him on the couch in the TARDIS and his body disappeared, when Jack examined his clothes he found a newborn."

 

Both Doctors blink. "He must have fallen into a regeneration chamber. Since Ianto wasn't shielded, the excess energy caused him to grow younger."

 

I nod. "So they went back to Earth, Jack closed down Torchwood three, they brought what artifacts they could into the TARDIS along with Myfanwy, and buried the rest under tons of rubble. They're going through the centuries of information contained in the TARDIS, and they found out that rather than recalling the TARDISes back to Gallifrey when the TARDISes we're familiar with now were first introduced, they let them drift. There was a way to track them on the ancient TARDIS so the Doctor and Jack are tracking down ancient TARDISes as they drift through space. Just recently they came across a TARDIS emitting a distress signal, they transported around it and got it into the control room. It opened and Jack walked inside, he didn't want the Doctor to see any bodies if there were any." Both Doctors look at Jack, that's something he'd do.

 

"Anyway, Jack went inside and a message started playing. The Doctor jumped inside immediately and they found out that Romana had sent out all unpartnered TARDISes before the Time War went bad, some contained embryonic TARDISES, some contained looms and genetic material, some contained The Time Academy, one contained the Matrix, the Rassilon artifacts, anything she felt that should be kept safe in case the war went bad. If Gallifrey survived the war, they would recall them. . ."

 

"And they didn't." Eureka Jack says.

 

I nod. "So the Doctor and Jack are tracking down those TARDISES and bringing them to safety."

 

"How old is he?" the Doctors ask. "You said he hasn't regenerated yet."

 

"He's as old as you are, nine hundred years or so old. He looks like you." I nod at the 10th Doctor.

 

"And he might be Immortal?"

 

I shrug. "Only way to find out for sure is for something to happen, either he dies and comes back like Jack does or he regenerates. Regeneration was a mechanical process back when he was born, he doesn't know if he can regenerate like you can."

 

 

Chapter 7 by josette grover

I head for the back of the bus, everybody but the 9th Doctor and his Jack and Greta's eyes growing huge when the aisle morphs into a long hallway just before I would have reached the wall.


“Doc, is this a TARDIS?” Eureka Jack asks.


“No, not yet anyway.” Greta says. “Maybe in a few hundred years. She can travel across dimensions right now, but not time or space.”


“I've got plenty of time.” I call over my shoulder. Eureka Jack and his Doctor look around. The first thing they see is a huge staircase that looks vaguely like the one he had in the TARDIS during his 8th incarnation on the left side of the hallway.


“How many floors do you have?” Eureka Jack asks, the stairway goes up as far as he can see.


“A little over a hundred now. I added a small elevator,” I wave a hand at the gilded cage that looks like it belongs in an old fashioned fancy hotel from the turn of the century. “for the higher floors.”


The hallway splits just past the elevator and staircase, one part continuing straight, the other going to the left. Looking up at the staircase, Eureka Jack can see the hallway continuing back the way they had come and as far forward as he can see as far up as he can see. If there's any hallways branching off the main hall, he can't see them from his spot on the bottom floor.


A sound of whoosh, whoosh, whoosh is heard from the front of the bus. “Greta, go out there and tell them where we are? I told them about you if it's not the fourth or fifth Doctor.”


Greta rolls her eyes but heads for the front of the bus. There's a second TARDIS parked across from the first one and she can swear they're looking out at the scene. She walks in front of the second TARDIS.


Inside the TARDIS, the Doctor and Jack are standing in front of the console. They recognized the inside of Josette's bus when they'd landed but there's another TARDIS across the aisle. A tall girl suddenly appears on the screen. It's obvious she knows where the camera is, she waves right at it. The Doctor turns the sound up as she begins to speak.


“. . .Greta, Josette swears she told you about me.” the girl on the screen rolls her eyes.


“You're Greta?” Jack toggles the switch so he can be heard outside the TARDIS.


“Yes,” She nods. “Josette is “ she jerks her thumb in the direction of the inside of the bus.


“Why did Josette call us?” The Doctor asks as Jack opens the door, ducking back into the TARDIS and returning with a yawning baby in a chest carrier and a toddler hanging on his hand. The Doctor swoops the toddler up into his arms as they head out of the TARDIS, locking the door behind them.


“Josette, toss me that scroll.” Greta's voice calls down the hallway. I roll the scroll up and put both hands on it, making a tearing motion. Nathan gasps when he sees two scrolls in my hands, one that's tossed over my shoulder and floats down the hall towards the front of the bus.


The scroll floats into Greta's hands, she unrolls it and hands it over, the Doctor chuckling softly as he turns it right side up. “Hey, I don't read it,” she says, holding up her hands. “It looks like circles and scribbles to me. There's something you should know though, before we go back.”


The Doctor looks down at the scroll, reading. “There's more than one of me here?”


“Two, one is the one who lives here in Eureka, the second is the one Josette and I first met. Their Jacks are here as well. There's at least two more expected as well.” The Doctor takes a deep breath and Jack touches him gently on the shoulder. “Okay, let's go.” he says, looking like he's walking into an ambush instead of down the aisle of a bus.


Greta leads them back to where I'm standing in the middle of one of the libraries. Nathan stares at the little boy in the Doctor's arms, the two other Doctors looking at the man holding him, trying to feel the 'tang' they get from Jack's immortality. Meanwhile, the Doctor is staring in disbelief at the 9th Doctor, it's one thing for Josette to have told him she knows a version of him that's regenerated, it's another thing entirely to see it for himself.


He looks young, the other two Doctors think, he's as old as they are, or at least that's what Josette had said, but he looks younger. Of course, that might be the toddler in his arms babbling quietly. Carter stares at the boy, the Doctor protecting him automatically. He doesn't know why the Sheriff looks stunned, at least until Nathan pulls out his wallet, showing off a picture of a familiar boy in the Sheriff's lap.


“You too?” he asks. Nathan nods. “He . . .” he looks over


“Doesn't know.” Nathan says quietly. Meanwhile, the other two Jacks are clustered around the newcomer, looking down at the baby on his chest. Eureka Jack pulls out his wallet, showing off pictures of his children and they talk quietly as somebody starts knocking on the door of the bus.


Greta heads that way, finding Henry ready to rap on the door again, “Nathan in here?” he asks the girl that opens the door.


“Nathan, it's for you.” Greta calls.


Nathan comes up and Henry talks to him quietly. Nathan asks something and looks at his phone when Henry answers.


“Jack, we're going to have to leave for a while. We need to go pick up the crib and other baby supplies for Allison's nursery.” he calls over his shoulder. “You're the only one with a big enough vehicle.”


Greta touches his shoulder. “We can use the bus, it's got room in the back for anything we need to get.”


“Thank you Greta, this way we don't have to make more than one trip.”


“Josette, we're going to pick up baby supplies for Dr. Blake's nursery.” Greta calls over her shoulder. “Daniel,” she sticks her head out the door. “Grab Buck, he can help move things and exercise muscles other than his mouth.” Daniel snickers and Buck gets on the bus.


The others brace themselves when the bus begins moving but only the scenery moving past the windshield lets them know they're moving. They pull up in the back of the store, Buck and Nathan manhandling the huge boxes into the back of the bus. Henry is waiting for them when they pull up outside of Dr. Blake's home, the boxes are removed from the bus and taken inside. They'd painted the nursery one weekend, the second crib is put together and placed against the wall, the second changing table and dresser maneuvered into the free space left and the second dresser filled with the baby clothes and other items the townspeople had been dropping off since the news Allison had given birth to a girl as well as a boy had made the rounds.


Nathan looks around the room in satisfaction and shuts the door behind him, the bus pulling away from the curb and heading back to the Guest House. Henry nods in satisfaction, he's taken pictures of everything and sent them on to Allison up at Global Dynamics. He gets behind the wheel of his car, stopping off at the store and running in, returning to his car with a package in his hands.


Up at Global Dynamics, he walks into House's office to find Allison sitting on the couch. “I wondered how long you were going to want to stay in bed.” he says. The bassinets are in the office with her and he kisses her cheek before handing the package wrapped in plain paper to Alex.


“Here you go Alex,” Alex looks at the paper and starts ripping it off immediately, finding a teddy bear inside that he holds. “The new babies are getting presents from everybody in town, I didn't want him to feel left out.”


“Thank you Henry, for thinking of Alex and arranging to have everything taken care of for the nursery.” Allison says.


“Ooohhhh,” Alex says, everybody turns to look at him to see his new Teddy bear hovering in front of him.


“Henry. . . was there anything special about that teddy bear?” Allison asks quietly.


“Nope, just a normal teddy bear I picked up at the store.” Henry stares at the bear that slowly drops onto the playpen floor. Alex yawns and lies down next to the bear, arm wrapped around the bear and his thumb tucked into his mouth.



Chapter 8 by josette grover

Allison picks up the phone she'd dropped when she saw the Teddy Bear floating, dialing a familiar number. “Nathan, was there something you forgot to tell me about Alex?” she asks in a silky smooth voice that makes the hair on the back of Henry's neck stand at attention. The door across the room opens and House makes the mistake of entering his own office. Allison gives him the gimlet eye and he backpedals rapidly.


“Chicken.” Henry chuckles.


“Hell yes.” House says, trying to open the office door behind him. No way he's turning his back on Allison when she's got that look in her eyes. She crooks a finger in his direction. “Oh, I don't know,” She says in her best sarcastic voice. “ Maybe something along the lines of why Alex's new teddy bear was floating in front of him just now?” she asks both the person on the phone and the man in front of her. House immediately drops the scared of Allison act and limps quickly over to the playpen, his hand glowing as it rests on Alex's back.


“Is he okay?” Allison asks.


“He's fine.” he says loud enough to be heard by the man on the other end of the line. Nathan sighs in relief. “For his first bit of magic, that was impressive. Most kids break out a lot later. My son is a genius of course, so he was bound to break out early.” Allison, Henry, and Nathan roll their eyes.


“You couldn't have told me Alex had magic?” She looks at him.


“You mean you didn't notice it until now? Tsk, tsk, tsk, you're getting sloppy Allison, he practically glows of magic.” Allison growls at him, he smirks back at her. This time it's Henry's turn to back away towards the door.


“Gregory, quit pissing Allison off.” Nathan says from his seat in the bus. He looks over at Carter who's looking a little worried. “Alex made a teddy bear float just now.”


“Oh, if that's all.” Carter sighs, leaning back against his seat as the bus pulls back in front of the Guest House. “Don't scare me like that.”


“If that's all?” Nathan stares at the other man.


“Uhh yeah, he's been making things float for a couple of months now. Mostly it's been smaller things, I first noticed it with those small soft blocks Fargo brought him, one fell out of the playpen one morning while you were at work. He started fussing and I was halfway across the room to pick it up when it started wobbling and flew back into the playpen.”


“And you didn't say anything?” Nathan asks his mate. Carter gives him a 'uh, duh' look. “You're the experts at that kind of stuff, I figured you already knew.”


“Allison?”


“I heard.”Allison sighs in House's office. “Alex has been floating things for a while, Jack's seen him do it before but never said anything.”


“You couldn't have just said something?” Nathan asks. “Didn't you think it was a little. . .strange for him to be floating things.”


Carter snorts. “This is Eureka, I see five strange things before breakfast some mornings.”


House cackles at the matter of fact tone of voice Carter uses.


“Shut up, Gregory. I can't believe that we missed this.” Nathan moans.


Carter snorts. “When you have Alex, you're usually busy, same with Gregory. When I have him, I'm usually off and able to give him all my attention.” He gets up and gets off the bus, getting in his SUV and heading to the office. Jo gives him a stare when he finally walks in. “Henry stopped by, he needed help getting the new crib, changing table, and dresser to Allison's.” She nods and turns her attention back to the paperwork in front of her.


Nathan gets behind the wheel of his SUV, heading back to Global Dynamics. Fargo can handle things for the rest of the day, he thinks as he quickly walks to the elevator and swipes his pass. He goes up to the infirmary and straight to Gregory's office, smiling as he sees Allison on the couch nursing their daughter the pink hat on the baby's head. He bends down and kisses first Allison and then Alexis on the forehead before walking over to the playpen where Alex is sleeping.


“Did we happen to get it on video?” he asks.


“Of course,” Gregory snorts. “Thorne had the whole building bugged for her pleasure. I almost wish she was still here, watching me fucking Chase over the desk would have blown her pretty little mind.” House's fingers fly over the computer keyboard and Nathan looks over his shoulder as the footage of the teddy bear floating appears on the screen.


Meanwhile, back in the bus, Greta and Josette look over at the arrival of another TARDIS. The door opens immediately and the Fourth Doctor appears in the doorway, I sigh and hand over the scroll. In the opposite corner of the bus, a fourth TARDIS arrives and the 8th Doctor appears in the doorway. I hand the second scroll over with a sigh and head back to the back of the bus.


“And where do you think you're going?” the 8th Doctor lifts an eyebrow at his daughter's back. “You must be Greta, Josette told me you were tall with long white hair.”


“I vaguely remember reading something like that one section,” I call over my shoulder. “Oh, before I forget, this is the Doctor who lives here in Eureka, this is the vampire version of you I told you about,” the fourth Doctor smiles, “this is the the Doctor I met first,” I wave at the open door of the TARDIS, Jack coming out with a yawning baby in his arms, the 9th Doctor nods, and this is Jack and his Doctor, I met them after I left you guys.”


“What do you think sounded familiar? Remember, I don't read Gallifreyan?” Greta leans against the pole by the front door of the bus, her arms over her chest as she looks at me.


“Hello, ask Friday to translate for you.” I wave a hand behind my head as I head back to the library, the others following me. Sighing, Greta locks the bus down, her brothers know how to get on if they need her, and follows them to the library. She removes her necklace, everybody but the 9th Doctor stunned when it turns out to be another TARDIS. The door opens and a holographic image of a woman walks out.


“Can't the two of you at least try to stay out of trouble?” Friday sighs as she looks around the room.


“Aww come on,” I whine. “Why is it always my fault whenever something happens?”



Chapter 9 by josette grover

The 8th Doctor version of my father, and how damn fucked up is that, just looks at me, I can tell he's remembering everything that happened when he first met me. Greta just rolls her eyes and snorts at me, copying the scroll. Friday reads it over Greta's shoulder, mentally translating it for her.


“How come you can read Gallifreyan but I can't?” Greta asks me as I drop into a comfortable seat closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose as I try to remember where I'd read something similar to the scroll.


“I spent nearly a hundred years with the Doctor, between the time I spent with him,” I jerk my thumb in the direction of the 8th Doctor, “and the time I spent with him.” A thumb jerked in the direction of the Immortal Doctor. “I picked up a few things.”


The 8th Doctor chuckles softly. /Picked up a couple of things indeed./ he thinks dryly, remembering the first time Josette had started swearing in Gallifreyan The effects of the object that had affected her speech had finally begun to wear off, a few recognizable words had starting to pop up her speech. Oh, they'd been meaning to see what schooling she'd had, the Master had been very mum about that, but they'd kept putting it off while she became adjusted to living on the TARDIS. They should have known the TARDIS would take matters out of their hands. The TARDIS had created a small classroom off the library and Josette was sitting at a desk, a holographic image floating in front of her as the TARDIS went through every teaching tool she had with her.


“What?” I ask him.


“Just remembering when we walked in and found the TARDIS teaching you, we'd been putting it off until that ray that scrambled your brain wore off.”


“Scrambled brain?” Greta asks.


“Long story, I got hit by something that scrambled the speech center of the brain. I could understand everything that was said to me, its used to disarm protests on some planets.” I roll my eyes. “It took a couple of months to wear off.”


“We knew Josette could understand us, and she could respond to questions by pointing, drawing something, and she could write a few words after a while.” The 8th Doctor says. “I believe it was two weeks before you could write simple words, a couple weeks after that before we could start understadin some of your words.”


“And knowing Josette, the first word you did understand was a swear word?” Greta asks with a smirk.


“Oh look who's talking, Ms. I speak a hundred languages and can cuss in all of them?”


“Notice you didn't say I was wrong.” Greta says in a sing-song voice.


“You try slogging through mud up to your knees for a few hours, then end up slipping and falling down a hill. I was covered in mud when I got up.” I smirk at Greta. “At least it wasn't marshmallow.” Greta flips me the bird.


“Are they always like this when they're together?” Immortal Doctor asks the other two versions of himself that seem to have spent some time with both girls. They sigh and nod.


“I think the reason Josette was adopted was because she can put up with Greta's moods and give as good as she gets.” 9th Doctor Jack snorts.


I thought it was because 'Dite had a 'whoops I screwed the pooch' accident with that damn youthening potion.” I snort.


“Youthening potion?” the 8th Doctor asks.


“It was supposed to make me act like a teenager,” I snort. “'Dite wanted me to coo over cute clothes, giggle at boys, generally act like a kid. Didn't work out quite the way she expected.”


“What happened?”


“I wasn't too damn interested in clothes, boys, or makeup when I was a teenager the first time around.” I snort.


“The first time around?”


“Ask him, they were there.” I jerk my thumb in the direction of the 9th Doctor and his Jack.


“Josette's . . . older than she looks.” 9th Doctor Jack finally says.


“Does this have anything to do with . . .?”


“Purple?” The 9th Doctor's Jack asks when it looks like the other man can't figure out the right words, and for the Doctor that's saying something. The 8th Doctor sighs and nods, Greta just sighs.


“Josette, what did you do?” she asks, her hands on her hips.


“Just this,” by that time I'm halfway up one of the ladders you see in old movies and gesture for a book just out of my reach. It wobbles and flies off the shelf, landing in her hands.


“Showoff.” Greta says. “Okay, what am I supposed to be looking for?”


“I finally remembered where I read something like that, see if you can find anything about. . .” the door of the bus opens and footsteps can be heard coming down the aisle.


“Yeah?” I raise my voice a little.


“Who's with you?” 9th Doctor Jack asks.


“Buck, Ryan, Spence, Peter, Blair, Daniel, and Jo.” Greta says absently.


“Jo's the brunette who kept hitting the tall guy with the mustache at the family get-together.” Josette says at 9th Doctor Jack's confused look. “Who is Buck. Daniel is the tall guy with glasses who kept hiding from her the entire weekend.” I smirk. “I think she's enjoying making him squirm.”


“Ahh.” 9th Doctor Jack says in understanding.


Daniel comes into the library, his eyes growing huge when he sees all the books.


“I'm not going to get you out of here for a while, am I?” I ask.


Daniel shakes his head like Sugar coming out of water and pulls his attention back to his sister.


“Henry brought us a couple of batches of groceries, we were planning on having a cookout if we can figure out how to cook so much food on the small griddle in the kitchen.”


“There's a huge grill on the top of the bus, we've cooked out on it multiple times when we were on the road trip.” I say, sliding down the rungs and landing on the floor. “You're welcome to use it.”


Daniel looks interested and I go out of the library, snickering silently as Daniel looks longingly at the books one last time before following me out. The elevator is bigger than it looks as I pull the old fashioned lever to take us to the roof.


Daniel looks around as I pull the grating covering the door open and we walk out. There's a number of raised planting beds on the roof, there's a volleyball net in the far end of the roof, by a number of loungers and other lawn furniture, four or five picnic tables and benches, smaller tables with umbrellas, and, he blinks and rubs his eyes Josette had been right, a huge grill with all the trimmings including a cooktop and oven. He lifts the lid and whistles. “Buck is going to be so jealous of this.” he leans over the railing around the roof. “Blair, grab Jo and Buck, Josette's got a grill up here we can use to cook.”


“Is it big enough to cook everybody's food?” Blair calls over his shoulder as he walks across the lawn and opens the kitchen door.


“Hell,” Daniel says quietly, “I think it's big enough to feed the whole town.”

“Daniel, is there a place to prepare the food or do we have to fix it down here and bring it up.” Jo calls out the kitchen window.


“Yeah,” Daniel looks around at the outdoor kitchen complete with huge refrigerators, pantry, spice rack, and sink. He blinks, hell there's even a small bathroom up here. “It may take a couple of trips to bring up the food and everybody.”


“Jo, go around the back of the bus, through the door of the room where we put the baby furniture. On the left is a freight elevator, push the button for the roof, you should be able to get everybody and everything up here in one trip.” I lean over the railing and call down.


“What happens if it rains?” Daniel asks almost absently. I smirk and push a button, there's a number of them scattered around the various parts of the roof. A canopy comes up from the edges of the roof, meeting in the middle with a click. “Comes up automatically at the first drop of rain. The rainwater runs off into holding tanks for irrigating the plants.”



Chapter 10 by josette grover

A hatch opens across the roof and the freight elevator rises up. Jo opens the door, looking around with a nod, heading immediately over to where we're standing by the grill. Buck, loaded down with bags, follows her with Ryan's hand on his arm leading him. He's soon divested of his bags and looks around as I take the canopy down as the others come up in the other elevator.


9th Jack and Immortal Doctor are holding their sons in their arms, baby Ianto napping in his snuggli on Immortal Jack's chest. Eureka Jack is checking his watch, he doesn't want to be late picking the kids up at school.


“You can let them down guys, there's a plastisteel wall around the roof, the railing is the top, they won't fall over.” Greta raps the nearly invisible wall with her knuckles. 9th Jack smiles, letting his son down to crawl around, a baby gate separating the kitchen area so he doesn't get underfoot. He remembers William and Vic crawling around on the roof during one of the cookouts. The Immortal Doctor immediately comes over to the railing, crouching down to touch the wall and pulling on his glasses to investigate it more closely. Xander squirms in his arms and he absently lets him down, telling him not to wander.


He squeals and babbles excitedly when he sees Jackson crawling around, a pair of hands lifting him over the baby gate so he can run over to the baby. The parents on the roof smile, a camera appears out of nowhere and pictures are taken.


Eureka Jack hurries off an hour later to pick up the kids, his Doctor is in the middle of a conversation with the others, he merely waves a hand when Jack says he's going to pick up the kids. Rolling his eyes in amusement, he steps into the elevator and pushes the lever all the way down to go to the bottom floor.


He pulls up in front of the school ten minutes later; Owen, Toshiko, and Ianto walking out the door and getting in the car.


“Have a good day?” he asks idly, pulling into traffic.


“No.” Owen says grumpily. He looks in the rearview mirror and checks on the others as they pull up at their house. Ianto and Toshiko run into the house, pausing to greet Myfanwy and Jack turns to look at Owen, who's still sitting in the front seat.


“Okay,” Jack puts an arm around Owen. “Tell me what's got you so upset?”


“We were teamed up today in class for a special assignment.” Owen looks over at Jack. “They teamed me up with a . . . a . . . a girl!!!!


Jack bites his lip, he absolutely must not laugh.


“Owen, your sister Toshiko is a girl.” he finally says.


Owen gives him a 'duh' look he got plenty of times from the adult Owen. “I know that da,” he says with the barest hint of his original accent. “But Tosh is my sister, this is a girl.”


“And I take it you don't like girls?” Jack asks, his lips twitching.


“Not this one, GAH!” Owen shudders. “Da, do you mind if I turn out to be gay like you and Daddy?”


“I'm bi-sexual Owen, I like both girls and boys.” Jack says. “I'm not quite sure what your Daddy the Doctor is. . .”


“Because he's alien?” Owen asks.


“Because he's the Doctor.” Jack chuckles. “From what I understand, his race didn't really have a sex drive like us 'dumb apes.'”


“Where is Daddy? I thought he'd be outside by now wondering what's keeping us?” Owen and Jack get out, Owen looking around. His Daddy the Doctor is usually waiting for them when they get home, asking how school had been.


“Do you remember hearing about visitors in town a couple of days ago?” Jack asks him as he opens the refrigerator door. He shakes his head at the contents. “Go get your brother and sister, we're going to go eat out, there was some excitement earlier today and I forgot to get groceries.”


“Yan, Tosh, wash your face and hands, Da forgot to get food, we're eating out.” Owen yells as he runs out of the room. Jack shakes his head and laughs, picking up the phone and calling the store to have groceries delivered while they're out. Hanging up, he picks up the phone again, dialing his husband.


“The Doctor.” the Eureka Doctor says absently, answering his phone.


“Me,” Jack says on the other end. “I forgot to get groceries, so I'm taking the kids out to eat. Do you want us to pick you up on the way?”


The Doctor checks his watch, “Good Heavens, I didn't know it was getting that late. Yes, please.”


“Da, can we stop at the library? I'd like something new to read.” Tosh asks, coming down the stairs.



“What about you boys?” Jack asks. His sons nod. “Okay, we'll stop on the way. If you have books to take back, grab them now. We're going to be stopping to pick up your Daddy, so the three of you are going to have to get in the back.”


They crawl in the back of the car, waving and calling out to Horatio and Ryan in their back yard as they pull out. Pulling up in front of Beverly's Guest House, the children looking up at the bus in awe. He beeps the horn, looking up he sees somebody look over the railing and wave, a couple minutes later the bus door opens and the Doctor comes out the door. He kisses Jack and hugs the kids before getting in the car, waving to the figure leaning over the railing as they pull out of the driveway.


“We're stopping at the library before we eat, is that okay Doc?” Jack asks as they park.


“That's perfect Jack, there's a couple of things I need to check, it will spare me a trip tomorrow.”


They separate when they enter the building, the Doctor rolling his eyes when he comes to the counter twenty minutes later to find the kids giggling as Jack flirts with one of the women behind the counter.


“Jack, must you?” he asks with a sigh.



Chapter 11 by josette grover

Back on the bus, Buck plants himself in front of the grill, a pair of tongs in his hand and a 'kiss the cook' apron over his clothes as he turns on the burners. The steaks and chicken are marinating in pans as Ryan tosses a salad and Spence and Daniel put out the rest of the food.


I lean over the railing when a car pulls up, Nathan getting out and looking up as he sees everybody on top of the bus.


“What are you doing?” he asks, shaking his head.


“Cooking out, it's going to be a beautiful night.” I call down. “Did you need something?”


“Yes, can I talk to you a moment? Can you come down, Alex is asleep in the car and I don't want to leave him too long.”


“Bring him up.” I call.


“How do I get up there?” Nathan opens the back door and removes the car seat.


“I'll come down and get you.” Without thinking about it, I teleport from the roof to the bottom floor. The 9th Doctor and his Jack have seen me do this before of course, so they're not surprised but the other three Doctors are stunned.


“I take it she didn't do that when she was with you?” 9th Jack asks.


“No.” the 8th Doctor says, stunned.


The 4th Doctor looks at Greta. “Is that how you always managed to move from one end of the compound to the other without anybody seeing you?”


“Yup.” Greta says.


“Where did Josette go?” the 8th Doctor finally asks.


Greta looks over the railing. “The first floor probably, she didn't 'port outside.”


If Nathan is startled to see me at the door seconds after he saw me on the roof he doesn't show it. I open the door and lead him down the hall to the elevator that comes down at the push of a button. We ride up to the top and Nathan looks around.


“I wouldn't have thought the bus was this big.” he says quietly. Meanwhile Immortal Doctor and Jack are looking at the baby in the carrier in his hand. Alex is snoring softly as he puts the carrier down on the table and takes the seat I wave him towards. Immortal Doctor finally gives in and walks over to look at him.


“He's adorable.”


Now.” Nathan says. “He was pouting most of the day since Gregory wouldn't let him run like he wanted.”


“He's walking then? How old is he?” Immortal Doctor asks.


“Just over eight months old. I had a couple of questions I wanted to ask you.” he reaches over and strokes Alex's cheek as he coos in his sleep. He curls into his daddy's touch, blinking himself awake. He begins snuffling and Nathan lets him out of the carrier, holding him in one arm when he squirms to be let down.


“Questions?” I ask. “Ah let him down, Dr. Stark, we have a baby gate over there to keep them from getting stepped on while we're cooking.


Nathan walks over, smiling as he sees the two other babies curled up in the corner of what is a play area created by nets strung across the spaces between planters, which are covered in soft bumpers as far up as a baby can reach. He sets Alex down and he's off toddling around the area investigating anything.


“How long has been walking?” Immortal Doctor asks. He looks over at Ianto who's sleeping in a soft basket


“A little under a month. He went from crawling to running.” Nathan looks over at Alex babbles something, pointing at a tail stretched over the side of a planter. “Yes Alex, that's a kitty cat, like Ms. Kitty.”


I look over, “That's Cream.” I open the gate and step in, picking up the orange cat with white chest and feet lying on the planter and crouch down. “Would you like to pet him, Alex? Careful, you have to be gentle.” Nathan comes in and guides Alex's hand petting Cream who's sucking up the attention and I put him back down on the planter, he gets up stretches and jumps from planter to planter until he reaches the dish of cat food Greta put down with a smirk.


“Questions?” I ask again when Alex is sitting on his father's lap.


“Oh yes, Ms. Lupo told me that Gregory is a family member. . .”

“House.” Jo says as everybody looks at her.


“What the hell's he doing in Eureka?” Greta asks. “I would have thought he'd still be at PPTH scaring the nurses and annoying Cuddy.”


“There was a few . . . situations at Princeton-Plainsboro, after Alex was delivered to us he took me up on the standing offers from the DoD to come back to Global Dynamics. He brought two doctors he worked with, Robert Chase and James Wilson.”


“How exactly is Gregory related to you?”


“His grandfather is our older brother.” Nathan looks around. “No, he stayed in our world, along with our other two brothers and our oldest sister.” Nathan looks at us and I snicker. “We're a long-lived family.”


“Your other brothers.”


“Two older, one younger.” Jo says. “The order is Stefan, Cupe who's Greg's grandfather, Xe our oldest sister, Bucklin, Daniel, Peter, me, Blair, Ryan and Spence who are twins, Gar and Greta who are twins, and Josette.”


“May I ask why you were away from Eureka on April the 30th?”


“Sure, it was Josette's birthday, we were having a huge blowout party. Since it was on a Thursday the parents were making it a weeklong bash at the beach house in Florida so whoever had some time off could drop in when they're off work and spend some time with the family.”


“I'm sorry your birthday got . . .”


“fucked up by this?” I say. “Don't, it's not the first time, it won't be the last time.” Nathan and all the Doctors wince, somebody that young shouldn't be so jaded about life. Each man is thinking the same thing, maybe he can do something special for her while they're there.


“I'm going to be calling Jack O'Neill tomorrow, maybe I can get him and our Daniel Jackson in Eureka in a couple of hours. Is there anything else I need to know?”


“Is John Sheppard still on Jack's project?” Daniel calls from his spot at a table. Nathan looks over and nods. “ Have him bring him if he can, he's a relative too. He's Cupe's son.”


“Any other relatives I should ask about? Your brother Stefan perhaps?”


“Stefan's Greta's adoptive father, he raised her and Gar.” Jo snorts. “Greta's got two younger sisters, but since they're only three and five, I doubt they're going to be showing up unless Stefan and his husband do as well.”


Nathan finally emerges from the bus fifteen minutes later, Alex squirming in his car seat fussing loudly. “Shhhh Alex, we're on our way home. You'll be able to get up and roam in a few minutes.”


Alex gives his father a 'hmph' look and folds his arms over his chest as his car seat is fastened back into the base. Nathan pulls his new teddy bear out of the bag and puts it in Alex's arms, listening to his son coo as they pull out of the driveway.


Jack looks up as the door opens. Alex is taken from the carrier and toddles across the room to his other daddy, teddy bear dangling from one hand as he lifts his arms to be picked up.


Chapter 12 by josette grover

Carter looks over at Nathan, cocking an eyebrow at him. “Fargo called to let me know you'd left GD.”


“I stopped at Beverly's on the way home, I had a couple of questions for our guests.”


“What were they doing?”


“Having a cookout on the top of the bus.” Miss Kitty appears from nowhere on the back of the couch behind Carter and wrinkles her nose when she sniffs Alex.


“Yes, Miss Kitty, that's another cat you smell on Alex. Josette and I helped him pet her cat Cream.” Miss Kitty jumps onto Carter's shoulder, getting a head rub from him like the homage she's due and begins cleaning Alex's face. Alex giggles and squirms in Carter's arms as S.A.R.A.H puts the food out now that Nathan's home.


Back at the bus Spencer and Daniel start putting food out on the tables. Jackson is in 9th Jack's arms sucking on a bottle, his eyes flickering closed as Jack removes the bottle and burps him on his shoulder. He's settled in a padded basket like baby Ianto's, Jack watching the babies sleep for a long minute until his Doctor rolls his eyes and drags him over to a table to eat.


“We can go see your friends at Torchwood when this is all over.” he promises him.


“Yan and the others are still alive then?” Immortal Jack looks over at them, fork with a bite of food on it forgotten.


“Yes, I stayed with the Doctor after. . . Did you guys deal with the Master and the year that wasn't?”


Immortal Jack and his Doctor nod. “I returned to Torchwood after that, I'd say that the Jack who lives here in Eureka did as well, judging from the fact that he's raising clones of his team.”


“Ahhh, that's where the difference is. . .”


“Besides the fact I didn't regenerate?” 9th Doctor asks sardonically.


“Yes, besides that.” 9th Jack waves a hand over his shoulder in the other man's direction. “I stayed with the Doc after that, helped him with repairs to the TARDIS after we got rid of the Master's Paradox Machine.”


The Immortal Doctor whimpers “He created the paradox machine out of my TARDIS.” Immortal Jack pats his arm.


“He didn't in your universe?”


“No, he cannibalized the remains of his TARDIS for that after he used his Chameleon Arch to return to . . .well, what passes for normal for him. When time reversed, we destroyed the machine and took the dead TARDIS into ours, humanity isn't ready yet for that kind of technology.”


The 4th Doctor snorts around his cup. He really shouldn't have been surprised to find Josette had a supply of synthetic blood laid in for him if he needed it, not when Dr. Stark was a vampire as well. He sips his blood infused tea as he listens to the others, thankfully something like that won't happen in his world.


“Anyway, after we got the TARDIS back to rights, we . . . recovered.”


“Tell the truth Jack, I said some hateful things about you being wrong when we first met up again and you paid the consequences.” The 9th Doctor rubs his back and shoulders with one hand as he looks at the others. “Jack threw himself into dangerous situations, I thought it was just because he knew he couldn't die, then I found out he wasn't eating right and realized that he was depressed and suicidal. We settled down on a planet I know of where we wouldn't be disturbed and talked. . .a lot.” Immortal Doctor reaches and wraps an arm around Jack, pulling him close as the two men look at each other.


“So when did you get back traveling with the Doc?” 9th Jack asks Immortal Jack.


“After Gwen and Owen. . . died, we got a new trainee from the United States named Xander Harris. He was settling in when long range telescopes sighted a mass entering our solar system. UNIT had a three person experimental spaceship we used to travel up when we saw a hatch on the object and realized it might have be m. . . made by intelligent beings.” he says with a grin when his Doctor looks at him. “A few things and I realized I was in a TARDIS. I went looking for the control room, the Doc showed up a few minutes later. . .”


“I was investigating a signal, you can imagine my surprise when there's suddenly a knock on the door and Jack's waving at me.”


9th Doctor snorts as he looks at his lover, 9th Jack just gives him his best innocent look. Neither Doctor believe him for a moment. “Anyway, we found out what had happened and . . .” the Immortal Doctor looks over at the others. “I gave them a quick run through of what happened.” Josette says. “Anyway, after Xander. . .died and Ianto was deaged, there was nothing left to go back to. I closed down Torchwood, we gathered up everything I didn't want destroyed, got Myfanwy into the TARDIS and started traveling.”


“Myfanwy?” the 4th and 8th Doctor ask. Both Jacks look up as a shadow passes overhead, smirking as the pterodactyl passes overhead. “Myfanwy, she fell through the rift. She's tame.” 9th Jack says. “She's currently in Cardiff in my world, still hanging around Torchwood three.”


“We've got a nice little planet, no other intelligent life has evolved yet, we stay there when we're not traveling so the Doc and the TARDIS can do repairs and run tests she can't while we're in the vortex.”


“Yes, I have a planet we've settled on.” the 4th Doctor says. “Sometimes you just have to feel the grass under your feet without the worry the natives are going to kill you.” The other three doctors nod. “Getting shot with a stone arrow tip hurts.” Jack says.


“Having to pull it out of you isn't a day in the park either.” Immortal Doctor snorts.


Immortal Jack looks at him. “Better me than you. . .or worse one of the kids Doc.”


“True.”


“How old are the children?” the 8th Doctor asks.


“We figure Ianto is around a month old. He was deaged to around two or three days old.” The Immortal Doctor says. “We figure Xander is around a year old, give or take a month. The boys aren't growing as rapidly as they would be from how they were . . .changed or it might be from living in the TARDIS.”


9th Doctor shakes his head. “No, Jackson is growing normally.” The Immortal Doctor nods at that news. “Then it might be from the regeneration chamber.”


“Or it might be they're subconsciously latching onto Jack's Immortality?” I say quietly. “Or yours?” The Immortal Doctor looks at me stunned. “Umm 900 years old and you look like your in your mid to late twenties? Especially when their first incarnation looked like an old man at 400? And regenerated from old age?”


“And how do you know what he looked like in his first incarnation?” Immortal Jack asks.


“Umm, well there's the fact that I met all ten of his incarnations,” I jerk my thumb over my shoulder in the direction of the 8th Doctor version of my father. “Crotchety old guy.” all three doctors who've regenerated nod in unison. “And the fact that Doctor Who is a tv show in my original universe.” Three Doctors look in my direction. I point my thumb in the direction of the 9th Doctor this time. “Ask him, he watched them while he was here.”

Chapter 13 by josette grover

We finally clean everything up an hour later, the few leftovers being put in the refrigerator and empty bowls taken down in the freight elevator to Beverly's kitchen. I'm not surprised when the three Doctors who haven't been on the bus before follow me down to the tv and movies library on the bottom floor.


“Doc, Jack, your trackers should be in your old room here, touch them to the computer screen to have them updated.” Jack nods and heads for their old room, not at all surprised to see the TARDIS parked against the wall. He pets her as he passes, hearing her purr in his mind as he picks up their trackers, his a tasteful silver cuff he slips onto his other wrist, the Doctor's a small screen. He taps them against the computer screen on the wall by the door and watches as information quickly scrolls down the screen. He hands the Doctor's to him as he walks past, he slides it in his pocket without pausing in his conversation with the others.


I smirk as Daniel looks at me. “Yes Daniel, you can look in the library. And in the unlikely event that you do go through alllllll the books in there, there's about fifteen more on the bus.” Daniel whimpers. “Don't read all night, there's guest rooms down the left hand hallway, if the door is open, it's free.” I head for the door of the bus. “Hey Buck, Daniel found the library here.” I call at his back.


He turns and waves. “I'll let Jo know not to expect him to come back inside tonight.”


I snort. “Tonight? We're talking Daniel and books.” Buck cackles and heads inside.


“Daniel, not kidding about you not staying up all night reading. Go to bed at a decent hour.” I call over my shoulder, petting the three TARDISES still in the coach section as I shut up the bus for the night. The shield around the bus powers up, Buck smirks as he sees the bus glowing slightly through the kitchen window as he gets a glass of water before heading up to his bedroom and the television he saw earlier.


I head into my room, Cream running in front of me and the door opening thanks to the remote on his collar. Peaches looks up from her spot on my pillow and the dogs lift their heads from their spots on the rug in front of the fireplace. Like the cats, Sugar and Spice have remotes on their collars to open doors, in their case to the garden where they can run and relieve themselves. I give the other critters pets as I walk past them, heading for the bathroom to soak in a hot tub with lots of bubbles. If I'm needed, they'll come and find me.


The 4th and 8th Doctor stare at the dvd sets when they appear, the 9th Doctor and Jack picking them up and leading the other three men to the theater. They find Greta in the back row, a bag of microwave popcorn in front of her. She looks up from tossing kernels in the air and catching them in her mouth as the door opens. “Wondered how long it would take you guys to come in.” She grabs some of the dvds and puts them on the table in front of the screen. “Remember how you operate the player?”


“We're not kicking you out, are we?” the Immortal Doctor asks.


“Nah, there's five or six of these rooms. Plus the bedrooms have tv screens.” Greta lifts a hand and her dvds fly through the air landing in a neat pile on the seat beside her. “I'm just staying close to drag Daniel off to bed in a few hours, when a bookgeek finds a new library they tend to forget things. . .like eating, sleeping, bathing.”


“The others?”


“Josette's probably soaking in her tub,” the others nod in understanding, remembering the hours Josette had spent soaking in a bathtub, hot tub, or the pool when she'd been with them, “Petting whichever critter comes close or reading a book. Everybody else headed to the guest house for the night, I heard Josette tell Buck Daniel would be over here tonight.”


Jack starts the first of the first Doctor dvds going, the 9th Doctor telling the others the back story of the Doctor Who series and that not all of the episodes were saved. Greta starts yawning and blinking after a few episodes, she looks at her watch and sees it's nearly three in the morning. Standing up, she heads towards the door. The Immortal Doctor looks over. “Sorry to interrupt, it's nearly three in the morning, I'm heading to bed.” Immortal Jack looks at his watch and nods, suddenly stifling a huge yawn. “Yeah, maybe I should go lay down for a few hours myself.” He looks over at his Doctor who sighs at the puppy dog eyes look. The 9th Doctor chuckles, his Jack mock glares at him. “You give me that look just as much Jack. We have plenty of time from what I understood of the scroll, we can get back to these. Greta, would it be okay to leave these here?”


“Yeah, it's not like anybody 's going to be coming in and disturbing it like during the road trip. I'll put a note on the door saying you're 'doing research' and to use another room if they need to watch something. The seats in the bus have screens where you can watch movies and like I said, every bedroom has screens.”


“Doc, are you okay?” Immortal Jack asks his Doctor as they exit the theater. Greta moves to the keypad by the door, typing in something and the screen in the middle of the door lights up as 'in use'.


“I don't know Jack, it's . . disturbing to see somebody but me on the screen in adventures I had.”


The 9th Doctor snorts. “I felt the same way when I first saw the adventures I had after the Game Station and you looked back at me from the screen. I was a little unnerved to say the least.” Immortal Doctor looks a little gratified to hear he's not alone.


Greta throws an arm over each man. “Word of warning then, the episode the Five Doctors? The actor that played the first Doctor had died, there's another man playing him.”


“Thank you Greta, we'll keep that in mind when we watch it.” The Immortal Doctor watches her walk off. Greta sticks her head in the library and turns the lights off.


“Hey!” Daniel yells.


“Danny, it is nearly three in the morning. Go to bed.” She orders, turning the lights back on. “NOW! Or I'm picking you up, carrying you to a room and locking the door for at least six hours.”


Daniel waves a hand in midair, Greta walks in and takes the book, putting a mark in it before putting it down. His chair is pulled away from the table and Daniel yelps as he's flung over Greta's shoulder and carried out of the room, out into the hall and down the other until he's put on his feet and pushed into an empty room, the door shutting behind him with a hiss as Greta's fingers fly over the keypad again.


“Greta!” Daniel pounds on the door, “Let me out.”


“No.” Greta says “Take a shower and go to bed. There's pajamas that should fit you in the closet, if not sleep in the nude. This door isn't opening for six hours.”


“I'll tell Dad!”


“Go right ahead, he'll agree with me.” Greta smirks as she heads back down the hall, leaving her brother cursing behind her. The door to the library is shut and her fingers fly over the keypad again. Immortal Jack snickers at the 'Mad Anthropologist at work, don't move his books he bites' notation flashing on the screen.



Chapter 14 by josette grover
9th Doctor Jack ducks into the theater a minute, coming out with Greta's dvds that he hands to her. She kisses him on the cheek and heads to her room, the door opening automatically when she reaches it. The others head towards the front of the bus, Immortal Doctor and the others looking frantically around when they see the other TARDIS missing.

“Relax, we have a room here from earlier, she moved there while we were up on the roof.” 9th Doctor tells them. They sigh and smile as they unlock their TARDISES and walk inside, the Doctor throwing an arm around Jack's shoulders as they head for their room.

Meanwhile in Greta's home universe Strife starts cackling. Joxer sighs. “Oh come on, Greta hasn't even been there a whole day yet.”

Strife sniggers. “Danny-boy saw Josette's library.” Mini-Jack sighs, shaking his head. “Greta told him not to spend all night reading, when he didn't listen she tossed him over her shoulder and locked him in a spare room for six hours. He's gonna whine.”

“Let him.” Ares smirks. “That boy loses all track of time when he finds new books.”

“And rocks.” Mini-Jack snorts.

Strife rolls over and starts cackling again. “Now what did she do?” Ares sighs.

“Not Greta direc'ly, but the fallouts going ta be beautiful. Seems the principal of the school heard that two of the visitors were teenage girls, she's gonna go complain to Nathan about them not being in her school.”

“Greta would destroy the school,” Hades sighs. “All the while cackling about how the explosions were pretty, just like fireworks on the 4th. Josette would be there right with her, the critters dressed up in cheerleading outfits while she shook her pompoms and cheered her on.”

“Nathan's going to talk to Jo about it when he arrives at the guesthouse tomorrah.” Strife cackles. “She'll just look at him and ask if the school needs to be rebuilt that bad, there'd have to be better excuses to demolish it than pissing off Greta. Then she'll give him her 'you're an idiot, I'm leaving before I shoot you' look and walk away.”

“Then Buck will make a crack about giving Greta too much Mountain Dew and/or Chocolate, she could bounce the school to death.”

“Get her in the middle of an insomnia cycle, she'll growl the building to death.” Mini-Jack snorts.

“Get her in the middle of an insomnia cycle and have some medical idiot keep her from drinking coffee.” House cackles from his corner. Everybody in the room shudders. “Are you trying to destroy that poor town?” Hera asks. “Remember, you live there as well.” House looks interested.

“You moved there about six months ago with Chase and Wilson.” Ares says.

“Nice to know I'm with them there too.” he smirks.

“And you're raising an eight month old baby with his other father, Nathan Stark.” Strife says in a smug voice. House chokes on the sip of coffee he'd just drunk. Strife smirks smugly, “Payback for the Greta without coffee in the middle of an insomnia cycle idea.”

“Children.” Hera sighs, rolling her eyes.

“Yes, Mommy, we'll be good.” Strife and House say in sing-song voices. Suddenly House starts bouncing, everybody turns to look at him, almost afraid of what he'll come up with next.

“Get Greta and Josette on their cycles and keep the chocolate away from them.” He cackles.

“James, Robert, will one of you please come and fuck your husband into exhaustion. He's obviously been working too hard, he's going strange.” Hera calls. “Because forget just the school, forget the town, they'd destroy the entire State! And cackle like Strife on a power rush the entire time.”

Wilson leans against the door of the hall. “Going strange? He's been strange.” He looks at his husband. “What are you doing this time?”

“You know Greta, Josette, and the boys are over in that other universe right?” Ares asks. Wilson nods. “Well, it seems that the principal of Eureka's school found out there's a couple of teen girls among the visitors and want them in school, at least while they're there.”

Wilson nods, then moans. “They need a new school that bad or just don't want to pay to demolish it?”

House and Strife cackle, leaning against each other. “We've been figuring out how many ways Greta could destroy it.” Hades rolls his eyes at the children. “So far it's been give Greta chocolate and let her bounce it to death, get her in the middle of a insomnia cycle and let her growl it to pieces, get her in the middle of an insomnia cycle and have somebody medical deny her coffee.” Wilson whimpers. “And Gregory just came up the the idea of Greta and Josette in the middle of their cycles without any chocolate.”

Wilson turns around and heads for the door, shaking his head.

“And where do you think you're going? I told you to go fuck that nonsense out of your husband's mind.” Hera orders.

“I'm only one person, there's no way in Hell I can fuck that much insanity out of Gregory without killing myself.” Wilson snorts. “And I don't want to leave Chase a single parent when you kill Gregory for being annoying.”

The sound of House and Strife cackling follows him out of the building.

Chapter 15 by josette grover

The next morning finds the 8th Doctor opening the door of his TARDIS as the Immortal Doctor steps out of his across the aisle from him. The 8th Doctor blinks as he sees corridors branching off of the control room over the Doctor's shoulder before the door shuts.

 

“Any idea where the girls are?”

 

“I don't know about Greta, but Josette's probably still asleep, she is not a morning person.” the 8th Doctor chuckles, remembering the mornings he or one of the others would finally go to Josette's room to find her still asleep, grumbling about being woke up in the middle of the fucking night when the ray had finally wore off and they could understand her.

 

“During our road trip, we learned not to schedule anything much before 10 am to give Josette time to get up and put her brain in gear.” the 9th Doctor says, coming down the aisle from the interior of the bus. The fourth Doctor nods as he exits his TARDIS, the others who have regenerated catching sight of white walls and the old control room before the door shuts. Immortal Doctor is stunned and the fourth Doctor smiles and opens the door, the other man looking through the door until somebody places a gentle hand on his back and pushes him inside. The younger man, and they all feel like he's their kid brother even though he's their age, or older in the case of the 4th Doctor, looks around the room in interest while the others smile.

 

“Ahh, the old white console room, I haven't seen this one in years.” the 9th Doctor sighs, patting a wall out of habit, hearing the TARDIS purr in his mind. “I miss it some days, but I don't miss the old controls.”

 

“Are they as bad as the controls now, Doc?”

 

“Worse Jack worse, I was never sure where I was going to land with these old controls.”

 

9th Doctor Jack snorts. “That's not saying anything, we're never quite sure where we're going to land now.”

 

9th Doctor and his Jack bicker in the tone of an old married couple, the others can tell that neither man means what they're saying. A knock at the outside door of the bus has 9th Doctor breaking off the argument and walking out of the 4th Doctor's TARDIS. He smiles and operates the lever to open the door when he sees the Doctor and Jack from this universe, Dr. Stark and several men one of whom he recognizes as Greta's brother Daniel waiting outside.

 

Nathan looks over at the sound of the door opening with a hiss and sees the tall man in the leather jacket that seems to be the previous incarnation of the man standing beside him and they enter the bus, the Doctor shutting the door behind him.

 

“Where is Daniel?” Dr. Stark asks when they settle in seats in the front of the bus. Daniel blinks as he sees the three telephone boxes in the back of the bus and the men walking out of one, no way so many people could fit in a space that small.

 

“I can't hear him bitching. . .” a muffled female voice says as the back wall shimmers into a hallway and Greta walks out into the front of the bus, yawning and rubbing her eyes with her fists. “So he's probably either still asleep or sulking.” Eureka Jack O'Neill stares at her, or rather the long white rope following her a couple of inches off the floor. When she sits down, he sees it's a braid, how long is her hair he silently wonders seeing it looping in a plastic laundry basket at her feet.

 

“Why would Danny be sulking?” he asks automatically.

 

“Daniel's my older brother in our world, he found out Josette has a huge library back there,” she waves over her shoulder in the direction she had come. “And immediately sat down and started reading after we finished dinner last night. I told him not to stay up all night reading, not even Daniel can read that many books in one night. Around three this morning, I went to bed and he was still reading, I turned off the light in warning,” Jack O'Neill begins smirking as Daniel scowls, “Then pulled his chair away from the table, threw him over my shoulder and carried him to a room, then locked the door behind him telling him to get a shower and some sleep. It was supposed to open after six hours.”

 

“Greta,” A familiar voice bellows from the hallway.

 

“Ahh, speak of the devil and he will whine.” she mutters softly before raising her voice. “Get some food in you Daniel, and get your ass out here, you, Jack, and Mini-Jack from this universe are out here.”

 

“Ahfercryingoutloud,” Jack and his clone say in unison. “You mean I got cloned in your universe too?”

 

“Yup,” Greta smirks. “The family set you up a new identity once everybody stopped cussing and laughing.”

 

“Laughing?” Eureka's Daniel Jackson asks as . . .he blinks, Daniel Jackson walks from the back of the bus. Oh, he's used to being confronted by duplicates of himself, but they're usually created by the bad guys, evil, or both. While this one does seem to be a little upset, he's definitely not hostile.

 

Greta's Daniel settles into a seat by his sister. He looks at her, silently asking the question.

 

“We were talking about the family's reaction when Jack got cloned. John's Dad laughed.”

 

Greta's Daniel snorts, sipping from his cup of coffee. “Of course he laughed, he gets off on chaos. And a teenage Jack O'Neill means chaos out the wazoo.”

 

“It could have been worse.” I saw with a yawn, coming down the hallway. “How?” Daniel asks.

 

“You could have been cloned instead.” I say. Jack O'Neill, General Jack O'Neill who's faced down Goual'd and laughed in the face of danger . . . whimpers. Greta cackles. “No, no, no, bad bad bad.”

 

“Could be even worse,” I say as I open the door, Sugar and Spice rubbing against me as they head through the open door to relieve themselves before trotting back inside the bus.

 

“How?” Mini-Jack whines. Greta and Daniel smirk, they know from the look on my face it's going to be good.

 

“What if House caught Loki's attention and the same thing happened.” This time everybody shudders. “Even he has to have learned from his mistakes, so when Gregory's clone turned out to be a teenager, he froze them both. You found them on his ship when you searched and it after being gone a week, he shows up at the hospital with his new-found teenage 'son'.”

 

Everybody from Eureka, Greta, and Daniel whimper. I cackle and pump my fist in the air. “Yes.” I shout and do a little happy dance in the steps before shutting the door behind me.

 

Meanwhile on the link back in their universe, Mini-Jack turns to look at Ares who's shaking his head.

 

“I bet he wouldn't have to go back to high school.”

 

He would have the teachers up in arms by the end of the day, demanding hazard pay by the end of a week, and either quitting in droves or in a mental institution by a month.” Joxer snorts. “There, there, we won't let the alien mad scientist  clone Gregory.” he rubs a hand on Ares back as he buries his face in his husband's shirt.

 

Greta snorts at the beep of a new message. “Josette, Dad says torturing your family members is wrong.”

 

“Probably,” I agree with a smirk. “But it is fun.”

 

“Bad Josette, bad Josette.” Greta laughs as she whaps me on the head with the end of her braid.

 

“Speaking of tormenting family. . .” A new message appears on the screen. “Daniel,” Greta reads aloud. “Quit bitching about Greta pulling you out of the library last night, you know better than to get lost in books for 8 hours at a time.” She smirks and sticks her tongue out at Daniel who automatically makes a grabbing motion for it. “So sayeth Dad.” She smirks. “Besides, not even your genius brain can read twenty books at the same time.”

 

“And you'd better put all those books back where they belong.” I call over my shoulder as I walk up the stairs. “Come on slug, time to get dressed.” Greta gets up, the laundry basket with her hair floating ahead of her as she walks down the hallway. “Daniel, food means more than just coffee. I turned on the health parameters last night, or rather this morning, the door isn't going to open until you have some food in you.”

 

Daniel grumbles. “I hate those damn health parameters.” The others look at him. “Josette's diabetic, sometimes when she gets to doing something she forgets to eat or take her pills. The doors have a touchplate that will scan you through touch and tell you if your blood sugar is low.”

 

Greta looks at me as we reach our rooms. “You didn't tell him that the blue pad reshelves everything you put on it.”

 

I smirk. “Hell no. Why make it easy for him? If he knew that he could reshelve everything without doing more than put the books down on it, he'd have every book in the room out.”

 

Greta cackles and nods.

 

Daniel sighs and heads down the hall, the others following him automatically as he reaches the cafeteria. He dials up a meal and sits down, waving the others to do the same. Greta and I come in a few minutes later and do the same. We eat as the Eureka natives ask questions.

 

Daniel suddenly thinks of something and looks at me. “Josette, when you said there's fifteen others on the bus if I managed to go through every book in the library. Books?”

 

“I was wondering when you were going to think of that. Libraries.” I say in a smug voice. The fork falls out of Daniel's hand, clanging on the empty plate in front of him as he stares at me. “And that doesn't include the tv show and movies library or the tv shows and movies tie-in books library.”

 

Both Daniels whimper. “Jack, I'm going to need some hard drives and a scanner.” Eureka Daniel says.

 

Stark sighs. “We'll get you some from Global Dynamics.” he says. Daniel beams. “As long as we get copies of whatever books you scan.”

 

“And I get final say on what you copy.” I say, holding up my hand. “Some of these I don't want getting out, they're in the restricted section to borrow a Harry Potter 'ism.”

 

“Harry Potter?” the Eureka natives ask.

 

“You don't have the books or movies in your world?” Greta asks. “They're primarily kids books but they hit big in our world.”

 

“No,” Stark says, quickly checking his PDA. “Who's the author?”

“J.K. Rowling.” Greta says. He checks again. “Nothing by that author on the internet.”

 

“I'll show you the books.” I say before finishing my food.

 

Eureka Daniel whimpers when he steps into the library, staring up at the ten floors of books while our Daniel goes to the table and the books he'd been reading last night. Walking over to one shelf, I pull out a set of books and hand them to Nathan. “The Harry Potter books. It's a story about a kid who finds out he has magic and goes to a school in Scotland. They start at 11 and graduate at 18, each book covers a year of school.”

 

Nathan whimpers and shakes his head. “Allison isn't leaving the infirmary until tomorrow, Fargo can take care of anything that might happen today.” he says before sitting down and opening the first book.

 

Jack and the others shake their heads, mumbling 'Geeks' before they leave the library, heading to the seats in the front of the bus.

Chapter 16 by josette grover

The Doctors confer briefly in the corner before the 8th Doctor unlocks his TARDIS. The immortal Doctor stares in shock as he looks up at the gothic architecture while Eureka Jack and 9th Jack turn to look at their lovers and chuckle about dramatic settings. The Doctors give them amused indulgent looks as they prowl around the control room, patting walls and murmuring endearments.


“Jack, stop flirting with my ship, he doesn't have a Jack.” 9th Doctor finally says.


“All the more reason to give her something to look forward to when I finally show up.” both Jacks look over their shoulders and smirk at their mates. Immortal Jack looks over at them from where has has his arm wrapped around his mate and smiles at them.


“I apologize for him,” Eureka Doctor rolls his eyes. “I think Jack only thinks of two things: flirting and sex.”


The 4th Doctor chuckles as both Jack's turn and mock pout at them. “Don't upset them, a pouting Jack Harkness is a terrible thing to behold. You find yourself doing anything to get him to stop.”


Everybody turns to look at him. “You know him then?” the 9th and 10th Doctors ask.


“Oh yes, my mates and I met him during World War II.” the other three nod. The three Jack's duck their heads, their respective mates wrapping arms around them in comfort.


“Where's your Jack then?” the Immortal Doctor finally asks.


“Back home at the compound, he's a little . . .indisposed right now.”


I lean in the doorway of the TARDIS, smirking. “You knocked him up again, didn't you?”


The 4th Doctor ducks his head, chuckling.


Again?”


“He's got his own little harem on his planet, including wives of both sexes and children.” I say, rolling my eyes.


The others turn to look at the 4th Doctor and he blushes. “Wives? Of both sexes? Children?”


“Yes, I have three mates and a number of wives, both male and female. I'm not the only one having children though, we brought a number of looms from Gallifrey so all the children aren't related.”


“Yeah, only a good 75% of them are yours now.” I snort.


“Well, they're not all mine, Adric, Turlough, and the other Doctor have sired a few of them.” the 4th Doctor pouts. I wave a hand. “They're all yours, whether you're their biological father or not.” He smiles and nods.


Greta drops onto a seat in the front of the bus, Jack and his clone trying not to stare at the waterfall of hair towering over her head and cascading down her back to pause an inch above the floor.


“Umm, if you don't mind my asking. . .” Ryan Wolfe, the Eureka version asks.


“Over thirty feet last time I bothered measuring it.” The outside door opens and Greta's Ryan enters the bus. “Daniel?” he asks.


“Got his nose buried in a book again.” She sighs.


“Geek.” he says fondly.


“Look who's talking, Mr. Sweater Vest.”


“Excuse me, they turn up the air conditioning damn high in the labs, the vests though ugly, keep me warm. We can't all dress in cutoff jeans and rude t-shirts, some of us aren't lucky enough to be the daughter of the owner of the company or be independently wealthy. Some of us have to work for a living.”


“I work, Hell, counting my three jobs I work more than you do.” Greta snorts.


“I know.” Ryan nods. “But we still have to deal with dress codes.” He chuckles. “Besides, Horatio looks damn good in those suits of his.” He pretends to think and leers. “But then he looks damn good out of those suits as well.” Eureka's Horatio blushes as red as his hair as Eureka Ryan nods.


“Yes, all my brothers are sex maniacs,” Greta sighs. “At least once they figure out who they're attracted to and finally make a move.” She looks out the window to where Buck and Peter are tossing a football back and forth.


“I was Speed's replacement while he was off on medical leave, I couldn't come right out and tell Horatio he belongs to me.” Ryan complains. Eureka Horatio and Ryan are stunned.


“Speed's still alive?” Horatio asks in a quiet voice, Jack and Ryan wrapping their arms around him.


“Speed died in your world? Oh God, I'm so sorry. Yes, I was there and managed to slow the bleeding until he could get to the hospital.”


“Is he okay?” Horatio asks hoarsely.


“He's fine, he was off work for a few months, he returned to work recently. Then the lab got a redo and some of the machines refused to work the way they should. Dayton supplied them and we had to wait a couple of weeks until a service technician with a high enough clearance could get off another job to come down and work on them. You could have knocked me over with a feather when the technician turned out to be my kid sister.”


Greta chuckles evilly, Ryan rolls his eyes. “Who took great enjoyment in tormenting Stetler while she was there.”


“I hate annoying assholes.” Greta smirks.


“So, have you and Horatio had sex yet?” Greta's Ryan asks the younger man, and god he looks so damn young. Eureka Ryan whimpers but shakes his head quickly, Greta's Ryan smirks and starts whispering in his ear, the other man turns as bright red as Horatio.


“Your mother would be so proud at your corrupting the youth of another universe.” Greta smirks at him. Greta's Ryan waves a hand in her direction as Eureka's Horatio glares at him. “Mr Wofe,” he says in warning.


“That tone of voice only makes him worse, Horatio.” Greta says, rolling her eyes. “We aaaaaallllllllllllllll know about the time at the station Ryan, thankfully it was only Speed who walked in on you.”


Ryan smirks, waggling his eyebrows. “Alexx thought it would cool your ardor, she didn't realize that you'd brought Speed and Eric into your harem during the family party when they walked in on you and Horatio.”


Eureka Ryan whimpers while Horatio blinks. “Speed and Eric?” he finally asks.


Ryan smirks. “Speed and Eric.” His eyes grow dark as he remembers that night. Greta rolls her eyes and nudges him with her elbow, bringing him back to the present.

Chapter 17 by josette grover

The Doctors look at each other and head down the hall to the 9th Doctor TARDIS, everybody but Eureka and the Immortal Doctor blink at the new decorating scheme. Finally it's time for the Immortal Doctor's TARDIS, he smiles as he sees the others trying not to stare at the hallway off the console room. This TARDIS seems identical to the 10th Doctor's at first glance, well except for the hallways off the console room of course, but they begin to see subtle differences the longer they're inside.

 

This TARDIS seems older than their own, there are more layers to the mental contact that she keeps up with both her Doctor and Jack. And that's another difference, this TARDIS is as talkative to Jack as she is to her Doctor. Oh their TARDISes care for Jack, he wouldn't be there if she didn't, but she's not as vocal with him as this one.

 

Eureka Doctor nudges the 9th Doctor's shoulder. “Trying to decide if you need to stop telling Jack not to flirt with your TARDIS?”

 

“I gave up on that years ago.” he snorts. Finally he and the others stop pretending they're not interested in the fascinating addition to the TARDIS and head for the hallway. They shudder slightly as they step across the threshold, feeling the difference immediately. They'd thought the Immortal Doctor's TARDIS felt old, this one feels ancient.

 

“How. . .How large?”

 

“The outer shell was a planetoid roughly the size of Pluto that had been hollowed out over the years. And this was one of the smaller TARDISes.” The Immortal Doctor pats the wall absently as he strides down the hall towards the old control room. “This is the old control room, the technology hasn't changed much over the years.”

 

“How was the TARDIS fueled?” Eureka Doctor asks, pulling on his glasses as he looks over the dials and buttons on one wall.

 

“From what I could tell of my father's logs, a form of solar radiation. It was stored and converted to energy by chemical engines. It was slow, yes, but sometimes just because it's old doesn't mean it's obsolete.”

 

“And unlike the modern TARDISes, they didn't need a link to the Eye of Harmony for fueling.” The 9th and Eureka Doctor say in near unison. “I know it wouldn't have been . . .efficient to recall the old TARDISes, but I wonder why the pilots weren't recalled.”

 

The Immortal Doctor's Jack snorts as he leans against a wall, patting it absently. “They were rebels, Doc. . . Docs, they went out and explored the stars, from what my Doctor has told me about his Gallifrey, would they have been welcome back after being on their own for so many years?”

 

“No,” all five doctors say in unison. “They wouldn't have fit in the cookie cutter mold the Council tried to put everybody into.”

 

“Exactly.” Immortal Jack says with a wink.

 

It takes all of them to drag both Daniels and Nathan out of the library for lunch. Everybody had agreed that some fresh air would be good and they weren't that far from the cafe.

 

“Walkies.” I call over my shoulder. “Boys, you decide which one is wearing the harness today. Ladies, you want to join us?”

 

Nathan stares at me until Sugar and Spice, a olde english sheepdog and mastiff respectively appear down the hallway, leashes and a harness hanging from their mouths. I strap them into the harness and clip the lead onto the other one's collar as we walk out of the bus, Nathan blinks as he sees the bus begin to glow slightly as the dogs shadow Josette.

 

“I've never seen service dogs of that breed before.” Nathan looks over at Jo.

 

“They've got all the paperwork so they're legal service dogs, but they've been trained by my family and have a few more commands than normal.”

 

Fifteen minutes later they make it into the cafe, the visitors are either enjoying the looks everybody in town is giving them, ignoring them, talking amongst themselves, or looking around. Vincent had seen them coming and they're soon in the back room, extra chairs brought out from the back and tables pushed together so there's room for everybody.

 

“So you were saying that you spent some time in . . .the other Eureka?” Nathan asks.

 

“Yeah, Danny boy found out where Jo was hiding and let the rest of the family know.” Jo turns and glares at her brother.

 

“What the hell were you doing in Eureka anyway, and pretending to be somebody else?” Jo asks, looking over at her brother.

 

“I was on vacation.” Daniel moans.

 

“Yeah, I always pretend to be somebody else on my vacations.”

 

“Dad.” Daniel says.

 

“ 'Nuff said.” Buck holds up a hand. “It was one of those vacations.” Daniel nods and sighs.

 

“Anyway, Buck had managed to piss off the brass in Denver and was given a 'suggestion' to go on vacation for a few days. He had the brilliant idea to track down little sister and harr. . .errr visit her for a few days.” Ryan smirks. “Spencer, Greta, and I came along to keep Jo from hurting him too bad when he pissed her off.”

 

“Would I do that?” Buck asks, his hand over his heart looking all hurt.

 

“Buck, it wasn't five minutes after we arrived in town that Jo decked you.” Ryan snorts. “I should have realized from that that our visit would be . . ..eventful.

 

“Eventful, that's a nice way of putting it.” Jo snorts.

 

“What happened?” Nathan asks with a sigh.

 

Jo starts picking off items on her fingers.

 

“You had a fit when you found out Greta works for Dayton Industries/Enterprises in our world, you sent Carter out to bring Greta in to talk to her, while he was at the farm some Global Dynamics employees, who didn't know that the farm was inhabited, used it for target practice.”

 

Nathan moans, shaking his head. “Was anybody hurt?”

 

“Only their pride when Buck pulled out the big guns and shot back at them.” Jo smirks. “There were some broken windows though, and the house and Buck's car needed repainting.”

 

Buck moans as he remembers the sight of his car covered in paint ball splotches. “Things started settling down, then we got hit by a snowstorm at the farm. It was August.” she says sourly. “And it was only snowing at the farmhouse.”

 

Nathan moans again. Then he sees Greta has a distant look and quietly taps one of the others on the shoulder. They turn and he points at Greta. “Is something the matter?”

 

“Yes, he's an annoying know it all bastard.” Greta says suddenly. “But that's impossible even for him, you should know, you were a doctor after all.” she picks up her coffee and takes a sip as the shadowy figure who'd been insulting Jack behind his back splutters.

 

“Are you talking to yourself?” Buck asks the question on everybody's mind.

 

“Nope, the late, great, and still annoying Dr. Owen Harper.” Greta snorts. The ghost behind Jack's back freezes. /You can hear me?/

 

“Uhhh duh, you're bitching loud enough to wake the dead, pardon the expression.”

 

 

End Notes:
I read a story where Owen is haunting the hub the other night, the bunny popped up full grown and demanding to be written.
Chapter 18 by josette grover
 

Greta ignores everybody's stunned looks and picks up the huge sandwich Vincent had set down in front of her, biting into it.

 

“I hate it when you pull this shit.” Buck moans. She smiles and gives Vincent a big thumbs up, putting the sandwich down and picking up one of the fries on the platter, dipping it in ketchup with salt before sticking it in her mouth.

 

“W . . .why is he here, can I ask?” Eureka Jack finally manages to say. Greta looks at the ghost behind Jack.

 

/It's my turn to watch the two of them. And Can I tell you, it is a thankless job some days./ Owen grumbles. /I thought the bloody tosser was bad when I was alive. . ./ the fond look he gives Jack's back, like an indulgent parent who has to complain about a child's mischief but is secretly proud belies the annoyance in his words.

 

“He says it's his turn to watch over the two of you.”

 

/You cannot possibly mean to eat all of that./ Owen complains as he sees Greta take another bite of that huge sandwich. /Do you have any idea how many calories are in that sandwich, let alone fat?/

 

“Yep,” Greta says. “And I'll probably order another platter of food before we go.” She picks up the pickle spear and bites it in half. I roll my eyes as I cut my cheeseburger in half, pick it up, and bite into it. Oh gods, I'd forgotten how good a cheeseburger that's not from a fast food place can be, nice and thick and with all the trimmings.

 

Owen looks over at the other teen girl at the 'mmmm' sound she makes. /At least you're having soup to go with that cheeseburger, but I'd hate to see your cholesterol./

 

“ 'm already on cholesterol drugs 'cause I'm diabetic, it's in the normal ranges for a normal person but they want it impossibly lower for diabetics.” I say automatically. Everybody looks at me and I look down to where Greta's leg is brushing against mine. “As long as we're touching I can hear the whining one too.”

 

Eureka Jack snorts at that, a look crossing his face. Greta rolls her eyes and puts her hand over his. He blinks when he hears the familiar voice of his lost teammate complaining.

 

“Owen?” he whimpers, turning around, almost afraid to look.

 

/Well, it's about time you realized we were here Jack./ he says sourly. Jack's glad to see he doesn't seem to be in agony or torment, the old wives tales from his youth running through his head. The other man puts his hands on his hips and glares at him, no different than when he'd been alive.

 

“We?” Eureka Doctor asks, one hand on Jack's shoulder to hear the conversation.

 

/The teaboy's at school keeping an eye on the kiddies, and wasn't that a bloody shock./ Owen grouses. /Toshiko's up at Global Dynamics, she likes watching the various experiments you have going. Reminds her of being back home at the Hub./

 

“Why didn't I see you before now?” the Doctor asks, taking his hand off Jack's shoulder. Now that he knows the other man's spectre is there, he can see and hear him.

 

“You didn't expect to see him you weren't consciously looking for him?” Greta asks. “I have to consciously look for 'others', the only reason I knew he was here I could hear him and started 'looking'.” Greta shrugs and finishes off the sandwich she'd been eating, covering her mouth and belching softly. “Sorry,” she says at everybody's look.

 

Vincent comes up and takes the empty plate, replacing it with another one before she can even ask.

 

“Oh, I nearly forgot.” Stark says, looking over at Greta and Josette. “I got a call from the school, it seems the principal heard that some of our visitors were younger, she'd like you to attend school while you're here.” I blink and moan, dropping my head onto my hands, narrowly missing putting my face in the empty dish. More than one hand lands on my back and shoulders in a comforting gesture though I can hear Greta's smirk.

 

“Excuse me.” I say, quickly getting up and heading for the door. The 8th Doctor puts his napkin on the table and moves to get up to follow me. Buck puts his hand on his arm to keep him at the table as a loud howl of 'oh HELL NO' followed by cussing can be heard throughout town. A few seconds later, I calmly come back into the cafe and sit back down, putting my napkin on my lap as I give Dr. Stark an indulgent look, one normally associated with humoring the idiot child and one everybody in the family recognized. “Uhhh no.”

 

“Awww, don't you want to sit in a classroom and listen to a teacher drone on about something that you could care less about?” Greta smirks at me. “After all, you don't get to go to high school like Jack.”

 

“Because I want to actually learn, not be part of the 'in crowd'” I say mockingly, making quotation marks with my fingers around in crowd. “And that's not likely to happen in normal high schools.”

 

The 8th Doctor pats my shoulder. “At least this time you wouldn't have to board.”

 

“Thank god for small favors.” I mutter under my breath. “I would . . .hurt. . . somebody if I had to be around hormonal teenagers 24/7.”

 

Greta smirks and pats my shoulder, pretending to be sympathetic. “Aww, remember what Grandma Hera says, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger.” I reach up and kick her off her seat. “Don't forget, I'm not the only one who looks young enough to be in high school.” I say with a smirk. Greta looks up at me from the floor, then slaps a hand on the floor and starts cursing when she realizes this means she's going to high school too.

 

“Your sisters don't like high school?” Stark asks Daniel.

 

“Greta's already graduated from high school and has three degrees.” Daniel says calmly as Vincent takes my empty plate. “Josette's being home schooled and is already taking college level courses in some areas. . .”

 

“And you still can't pass algebra.” Greta says with a smirk as she gets up from the floor and heads to the bathroom to wash her hands. I make a gesture that's considered rude on five hundred worlds at her back.

 

Chapter 19 by josette grover

The door across the building opens and Sheriff Carter enters the cafe. He asks Dr. Stark a silent question. Dr. Stark answers the question just as wordlessly, Carter pulls a chair up from another tab le and drops into it beside him, Vincent bringing a plate over for him and pretending not to see the hand Dr. Stark places on Carter's leg after he sits down.


Vincent puts a full plate down in front of me and I begin eating. Greta comes out of the bathroom finally and sits back down, silently warming the food on her plate when she touches it with her spoon. We finally leave the cafe an hour later, after three meals for each of us. We're heading out of the building when Sheriff Carter receives a call on his radio. He heads for the Sheriff's office as the rest of us head back to the guest house and my bus. Sheriff Carter's SUV passes us on the way back to the bus and we look around to see if we'll pass the scene before we reach the bus.


“What time is it?” Buck asks as we reach the guest house. Nope, we didn't see the excitement, damn. Well, this is Eureka, we'll see something before long.


“One fifty-seven and thirty eight seconds.” I say automatically without looking at my watch. The Doctors blink when they realize I'm not even wearing one. This is the first time I've shown any signs of a time sense, one of the hereditary gifts of my Time Lord heritage.


“Thanks Josette,” Buck adjusts the time on his watch as he walks into the guest house. I shut down the shields on my bus and open the door as a bark can be heard in the yard. I look over to where another dog is looking at Sugar and Spice, they turn their heads to look up at me. I take off the harness and leash. “Stay in the yard boys.” I tell them after opening the door, they trot over to LoJack and bark softly. A car pulls up in the driveway and a stiff woman steps out.


“That would be the school principal.” Jo says with a smirk at my shoulder.


“Wonderful.” I say. I walk into the bus, Greta grinning at my back. Grandma Hera would have had an absolute fit about being rude, especially when you're a guest in a strange land . . .or dimension as the case might be but right now I don't give a royal rip about manners.


The Principal gives a little sniff of disdain at our clothes and having to meet inside my bus. It looks like a regular greyhound bus without any of the extras that normally can be found in the coach section, she puts her I can tell the TARDISes have shielded themselves from her view, they're still humming softly in the back of my mind.


“I understand the Dr. Stark has told you that I would like you to attend my school while you are here in town?” she asks.


“Yep,” Greta says, accentuating the P like she's popping a gum bubble. “And we don't wanna, we don't hafta, and we ain't gonna.”


“Ain't isn't a word young lady.”


“Whatever.” Greta says, waving a hand in midair in her best 'valley girl' manner. I hide a smirk, the principal isn't going to know what hit her. “I've already graduated from high school and have three degrees from major universities. Josette's routinely taking college level classes in her schooling, what can your little school offer us?” Greta gives her her best Ares smirk, the one that usually says 'I'm going to kill you for being an annoying little toad if you say another word' and proves to everybody watching that yes, she is his daughter.


“I do not believe that you have graduated already, young lady.”

Greta smirks. “Forgive me for not bringing my diplomas with me, I didn't know I was going to be traveling dimensions and would need them. Our sister Jo is from this town in our world, would her word do?” Opening the window, she bellows towards the house. “Buck, grab Jo and send her out here, would you?”


“Yeah?” Jo asks, leaning against the open door.


“Your sister claims that she has graduated from high school and college already?”


“Yep, she was home schooled her entire life, has a 200 plus iq, and has no less than three degrees.” Jo nods. The principal blinks. “You called me out here for that?” she asks.


“She wouldn't believe me.” Greta says in mock hurt.


“Always knew you were an idiot.” Jo mutters, walking back out the door. Greta smirks and turns her attention back to the Principal, looking at her like a cat eyes a tasty mouse. “Again, what can your little school offer us?”


“Languages are an excellent gift towards your future employment. Employers are looking for employees who know more than one language.”


Greta snorts. “I already have a job, so does Josette. I'm also multi-lingual, most of the family knows at least one other language.”


“Your employer might have problems with your attitude, young lady.”


This time, it's my turn to snort. “Our employers know aaaallllllllll about our attitudes and have no problem with them, since they happen to be our family. In a few years.. .”


“unless I can hide so he can't do it,” Greta grumbles, knowing what I'm going to say. “Greta will be the head of a multi-national corporation when her adoptive father steps down like he's threatened, right now she's working in one of their divisions in the computer troubleshooting section. She also is a published author with no less than fifteen books on the best seller list, and she has a secondary job in the family business.”


The Principal blinks, normally she would take such a story as simply that, a story, but she can tell that both of these young women are telling the absolute truth. She wonders if demanding that the visitors attend her school was really that good of an idea. Geniuses tend to get annoyed when people try talking down to them because of their age.


We finally run her off a couple hours later, I walk towards the back of the coach section, the wall shimmering out of view just before I would have hit it. The TARDISes come into view, they'd been hiding behind the illusion and I pet them automatically as I walk past. A almost sad sound can be heard in the back of my mind, and I mentally pet the two missing TARDISes, hearing them purr in the back of my mind. I'm not even aware of doing it, but the Doctors look at me strangely, hearing the responses of their own TARDISes.


“Did she do that when she was with you?” The 8th Doctor asks the Immortal Doctor.


“Josette was always petting the TARDIS and talking to her, but I don't remember seeing signs of any mental abilities? You?” he responds.


“None, but that might have been an after affect from that ray.” the 8th Doctor says slowly. “It was years before we saw any signs of her telekinesis and just by looking at her now, it's easily a thousand times stronger now that it had been when she was with us.”


“I hesitate to even think this, but could this be . . .The Master's doing?” The Immortal Doctor asks. The others stare at him, aghast. “It's not the first time that he's tried to breed a new super race.”


“No, he promised me that Josette was absolutely normal.” the 8th Doctor hisses.


“Relax Doc. . .Docs,” 9th Doctor Jack Harkness says, walking into the bus, followed immediately by Greta's Daniel who heads immediately for the library. “The empathy and telekinesis? It comes from Greta's side of the family, a gift from when she was adopted. Josette's still young, so it's still developing.”


“And the time sense?” The Immortal Doctor asks, relaxing.


“That might be from your side of the family, I don't remember any of Greta's family knowing things like that. As Daniel has proved, most of her family ignores things like clocks when they're in the middle of doing something, working until they drop.”


“Most of the family?” the 8th Doctor asks.


“Greta can make her own schedule so she generally ignores things like clocks. . .but then she has chronic insomnia and is frequently up three or four days until she finally sleeps.”


“That's not healthy for a human, especially one who is still having growth spurts.” the 4th Doctor says.


“That's why the doctors in her family usually try to knock her out for a few hours after the third day.” Buck smirks. “That and she tends to get short-tempered, snappy. . .cranky. . .and scary.”


Two Jack Harknesses, the one who lives in Eureka not currently there, look at their Doctors in amusement. “I wonder where she gets it from?” The Doctors give them affronted looks as everybody tries not to laugh.


“Greta is an author?” the Immortal Doctor asks, one to change the subject and two remembering something he'd heard. Dr. Stark, who had arrived a few minutes ago after cleaning up whatever or other had happened at Global Dynamics, looks interested. “She said she had fifteen books on the best seller list?”


“Yeah, that's just Greta's non-fiction books.” Jo says absently. “Greta writes in a bunch of different genres.” She heads to the library, grabbing Greta on the way past by. ..the tail?


“Jo, ya mind, I'm kinda attached to that.” Greta grumbles. “Watcha need?”


“The others want to see the books you wrote.”


Greta heads to a bookcase, one that doesn't look out of place in the room except that it's not quite as full as the others. “Here you go, it's all arranged by genre.”


“You wrote all those?” Nathan blinks, there has to be a hundred books there easily.


“Yeah, I write a lot during my insomnia bouts. Then there's the days I duck into Friday and write for about five or six weeks her time and only five or ten minutes has passed outside. She has to remind me to eat and bathe when I hit the hundred page and still going days.”


“Those are the days you lock the doors, shut the windows, line your room with bear traps and threaten the bunnies with land mines and shotguns.” I smirk. “Because the stories you end up writing tend to be. . .strange.”


Greta snorts at me. “You should know.”




Chapter 20 by josette grover

“Hello, why do you think I wrote pinball pirates? I do know.” I snort. “I get bitten by the most rabid bunnies.”


“And you just have to share them with everybody else.” Greta snorts.


“Hey, misery loves company.” I smirk. “Oh speaking of bunnies, what if Pegasus was another name for the Rukbat galaxy and on their way home Atlantis came across Pern?”


Everybody who's read the books stop and stare at me. I grin. “And Rodney impresses a Queen.”


“Well, if they ever get their heads out of their asses and admit they have feelings for each other, John will have to impress a bronze, not that he'd let anybody else have Rodney or his dragon..” Greta says absently. “Did you finally trap the bunny that wanted Eureka to be a weyr? I gotta admit, Fargo as a weyrlingmaster? Those poor dragons and their riders, they'd probably end up flying upside down.”


Dr. Stark is looking at us in horror.


“I fed the brat blue carrots until he looked like he was going to burst, he just burped and fell asleep, then locked him in an escape proof cage, locked that in a second cage locked that in a third cage and then dumped a ton of concrete on top of it. By the time the little bastard gnaws his way out of it he should have settled down. If not, I'll be waiting with a shotgun loaded with bunny be gone pellets. Not that anything less than a ten ton nuke dropped on their pointy little heads would hurt the little bastards, but it might slow him down.”


“Greta, Josette, quit terrorizing the natives who haven't heard the two of you go on and on and on about torturing plot bunnies. . .”


“They torture us Buck, get it right.” Greta snorts. “That's why I usually have ten books going at once?”


“Reading or writing them?” Spencer asks. “All of my writing is connected to my work, unlike the two of you.”


“Writing Spence, while we do usually have more than one book we're reading at a time, the bunnies don't bother us then, they wait until we're sound asleep to pounce and give us the strangest dreams or we're in the middle of a shower.” I snort. “Somebody's really got to invent bunny proof netting to put around our beds so we can sleep without the brats pestering us, I'd make a fortune selling it on the lists.”


“So what are we going to need for your school, Dr. Stark?” I ask, looking over at him. “Besides different clothes?” I smirk over at Greta, who flips me the tail absently as she pulls Friday off her neck and walks into the TARDIS, silently counting off the seconds until one of the Doctors finally gives into their bottomless wells of curiosity, and they complain about cats?, and follows her through the open door.


The Immortal Doctor is stunned, he stops in the doorway but absently moves as the others follow him through the doorway. Instead of the control room that they would expect to see in any other TARDIS, they find a large living room with a sunken area in the middle surrounded by couches on the three sides that don't have steps leading down to the area. There's a bank of screens that are set up to resemble windows scattered around the room, though what there is to see outside is debatable.


Greta just smirks at the Doctors, while the 9th Doctor and Jack already knew that Friday is a TARDIS, they hadn't been inside her. Sighing, then rolling her eyes as a funeral dirge plays in the background, she heads into her room to check out her clothes since she has to go to school.


“Friday.” Greta whines as she sees Friday in her room pulling out clothes.


“At least try to make a good impression?” Friday says, rolling her eyes. Meanwhile, she appears in the living room and is quietly talking to the Doctors. Greta grins as she looks over her shoulder and sees a holographic projection of the TARDIS's interior in front of them.


“So I would assume that you are actually in control of all the functions of the TARDIS?” the 8th Doctor asks quietly. “Is there actually a control room?”

“There is actually, nicely hidden until Greta is older and can learn how to operate the machinery.” Friday smiles. “Don't even think of wearing that t-shirt, young lady.” Both holographic images say in unison. I'm leaning against the doorway and snigger. “And you?”


“What you see is what you get.” I wave a hand at myself. “Friday, we're going to need a couple of notebook computers for school, here's the specifications and a list of what programs we're allowed to have on them.”


A third holographic image appears next to me and plucks the paper from my hand. She vanishes and returns a few minutes later with two notebook computers. She heads for the door and talks quietly with Dr. Stark, putting them on the table in the library.


“More programs will be installed on the computers tomorrow when you go to school for your placement tests.” Friday says as she appears back in the living room. Josette, I placed some clothes on your bed. Please check and see if they fit.”

Greta has the audacity to laugh at my hangdog look.


“I hate dressing up.” I mumble as I head down the hall from Greta's room, immediately across the room from the door. Like Friday had said, clothes are spread on the bed and I mix and match the shirts and pants in front of me, looking at them in the mirror. Then I shake my head in disgust, I'm acting like some fool teenage kid primping for a date.


Out in the other room, Friday rolls her eyes. “Try them on to see if they fit Josette, don't just look at them in the mirror. They should be fine, the replicator used your last fitting to create them.” She looks at the Doctors. “Josette almost always has to have her pants hemmed or wear shoes with a thick sole because she's short, Greta always needs her pants lengthened since she's so tall and her waist taken in, if the pants are long enough on her, the waist is too big.” Friday throws up an image of Greta in midair wearing a set of scrubs, everybody, Dr. Stark had given into his curiosity and came inside, chuckles when they see they end somewhere around her knees and she has two large knots of material on either side of her waist to keep them up. The tail that the others had just noticed is pulling the pants up in the back and she sighs.


“Sometimes I think Greta's tail is the only thing holding her pants up when she wears something like that.”


In the image Greta walks away and her pants fall to the floor, she calmly steps out of them and keeps walking, the scrub shirt long enough to reach nearly to her knees. “This was a few months ago, there was a. . .incident at a lab at Princeton-Plainsboro, the image expands to show what's obviously a ward and Nathan recognizes the others from the time he'd spent at PPTH. “It was an experimental lab that had a few mad scientists who liked playing with nasty germs and didn't keep good records. There was an accident with some broken vials and no idea what they contained so two floors were quarantined. Thankfully most of the rooms were empty, but Greta was in P-P when her airplane was diverted and she had decided to spend some time haras . . .errr visiting Gregory.”


“You were right the first time.” Jo snorts.


“Since they didn't know exactly what had been released, they were in quarantine for the maximum two weeks it would have taken something to pop up. Dr. Cuddy was trying to micromanage the entire situation, Greta decided to have a little fun at her expense.”


“That's a polite way of putting it.” Ryan says, rolling his eyes. “As you already know, Greta's an author in our world so the news that a world famous author might be facing death quickly hit the news. There was news vans camped out in the parking lot with Greta giving interviews over the phone.” Ryan looks at me as I come back down the hall. “Did anything ever come of that book about the situation that her publishers wanted Greta to write. I know they'd started a blog for her so she could tell everybody what was going on.”


“Thankfully not even they're that stupid.” I snort. “Talk about a book quickly died once everybody was out of there.”


Greta snorts. “Trust me, if somebody had died or even got the sniffles, they would have me writing the damn thing. Damn thing would have been an instant hit too, all the media coverage.”


“Aside from having all six of them in one room getting on each others nerves, things weren't that bad.”


Greta snorts. “You weren't locked in there, and having the lights and heat cut out on us because Cuddy was too fucking cheap to put an emergency generator in the building wasn't fun.” A small grin flickers over her face, as if to say 'what I did to her was though'


Greta finally gets the last of the Doctors out of Friday and the TARDIS reappears in its normal spot around her neck. Friday had moved the clothes that she had decided Greta and Josette were going to be wearing to school had been moved to their rooms on the bus and as much as Greta hates the idea, she's going to have to attend a normal school . .. again.


The next morning finds Dr. Stark at the school delivering Josette and Greta there so they can take their placement tests before running up to Global Dynamics to pick up Allison and the babies.


“Young Lady, this is a school, dogs are not allowed.” The principal says when Sugar walks in beside me in full harness.


“Old Lady,” I say icily, Greta hiding a snicker behind her hand as I channel our best Grandma Hera on a rip mood. “Sugar and Spice are licensed Service Animals, they are allowed anywhere the public is. I am diabetic, they are trained to monitor me for signs of blood sugar level disturbances.”


She doesn't like it, I can tell by the tightening around her eyes but like it or not I have her over a barrel when it comes to service animals.


“Fine, I will allow your animals to stay. . .for now.”


“Whatever.” I roll my eyes. “Let's get this over with, I have better things to do.”


“Did you bring the notebook computers with you that Dr. Stark told you you'd be needing?”


“Yeah,” Greta and I hand them over. “Knock yourself out with them.”


“These are not Global Dynamics computers.”


“Dr. Stark didn't say we had to have computers from his company, just gave us the specifications.”


The Principal glares at us, but Greta's right, as long as they meet the specifications needed the actual computers don't have to be supplied by Global Dynamics. I give her a nasty little kitty smile that has the woman behind the counter hiding a smile behind her hand.


“Girls, I'm the computer teacher, let's get your computers loaded with the programs you're going to be using at school while the Principal calls in the other teachers for your tests.”

Chapter 21 by josette grover

“Girls, excuse me Ms. Logan, Ms. Grover, I know you don't wish to be here, which I can understand completely since you've already completed your schooling in your own dimension. But can you please be nice to Principal McDaniels? She means well. . .”


“She needs the stick yanked out of her ass and shoved in the other hole for a while, it might make her feel better.” Greta says in Japanese. I snicker quietly.


“She's new here, while she's a wonderful administrator she's not used to geniuses. She'll learn when she's been here a while longer.” She leads us into a room where two tables have been set up at opposite corners of the room. Each table has a number of boxes on them and she waves us to seats. Greta, as usual, takes the seat in the corner with her back and one side covered.


“On the table in front of you are the computer programs we use at Tesla schools. You have two hours to install them on your computers and answer the quiz that should come up when they're installed correctly. Please let me know if there's any problems with the installation, this is considered part of your test to determine where you will be placed in my classes.”


I take a deep breath and let them out before opening the first box, allowing the computer to boot up as I read the installation instructions. My first thought is . . okay, there's at least fifteen programs here. I start the first one installing as I sort the others into order I want to install them. I should reboot the computer after each installation, but that will take time. I look over at the beep and type in the information needed, when it says reboot now or later clicking on later before turning to the next program.


The teacher nods at the front of the room as she watches her students quickly read the instructions and load the programs. Josette isn't rebooting the computer after each program is installed or taking the tests like most people would, opting instead to install two or three at a time before rebooting the computer. Greta on the other hand is installing, rebooting, and taking the tests before moving on to the next program if her fingers flying over the keyboard. ..both girls pulled plug in full size keyboards and mouses from their computer bags when they'd sat down she sees with a slight smile. Josette's lips are moving silently and she thinks she can make out some of the words, complaints about the size of the computer screen?


Greta turns to pick up the next program and the printer by the teacher's desk springs to life, she takes the paper and begins to read, her lips twitching.


“Ms Logan, you do know that anything you put in your school profile will be on everything you print?”


Greta looks up over her glasses and smirks. “I kinda figured that.” she says in a southern drawl.


The teacher shakes her head in amusement, the notes on the page will make some of her more stuffy colleagues howl. She has the feeling these two girls are going to dump Tesla's faculty on their collective ears.


I sigh and reboot my computer, I'd installed five of the programs and watch as they appear on the desktop. The teacher chuckles as I reach into my pocket and flip a coin to decide whether to take the quizzes now and get the damn things over with or wait until everything is installed.


“Heads.” Greta says automatically as she sees the coin fly up in the air.


“Shaddap,” I say absently.


“You know it would be easier on you if you didn't use your dad's old two headed quarter.” she sniggers.


“Yeah, but since it's the devil you know. . .”


“vs. the devil you don't, either way you're not gonna be happy.”


“ 'xactly.” Sighing, I open one of the programs I installed and the quiz comes up. I look up on the task bar and smirk, selecting something after I type in the information. The teacher sighs as she takes the test. “Ms. Grover, please leave the language set to English?” She looks at the test in German and shakes her head. “And reprint the test you just sent please? In English.”


Chuckling I change the language back and the teacher sighs as the test comes out in English this time. She's happy, at least until Greta's next test appears in the printer. While the test itself is in English, her answers. . . .


Deciding that she's better off not arguing, she watches the two girls finish installing the computer programs. Each girl looks at the last program and then at her. “Ain't a chance in hell.” I say, pushing away the program to install a monitor on the computer.


“Girls, Global Dynamics requires it on their computers. It allows them to locate them in case something happens.”


Greta grins. “Ahh, but Global Dynamics didn't supply our computers. And I don't want spyware on my computer, even if it is disguised as a firewall/antivirus/antispyware, except for what they put on your computer, program. My computer, my decision. I'll use a different program of my own choice.”


“What she said.” I nod.


The teacher leaves the room and returns a few minutes later we can hear quiet talk in the hallway. “We can't order them to install the software, they're right those are their personal computers. The only reason GD gets away with having the tracker on the other students computers is the fact they provided them.”


“But they have to install the trackers.” the Principal insists. “GD demands it on every computer. Tell them if they don't install the programs I won't give them accounts on the school's intranet.”


“Toooooo laaa-aaattttte,” Greta says in a sing-song voice from the classroom. “Dr. Stark already set us up with accounts and passwords on GD main intranet, not just the area Tesla's allowed to use.” I swear I can hear her smirking.


“I'll call Dr. Stark and tell him you're being deliberately difficult.”


“DUH!” I call. “We don't want to be here, you just got wild hair up your ass about us being teenagers and just had to have us in your school. Go ahead, go running to Stark and whine that we're being mean to you. Wimp.” I roll my eyes as I hear her heels rapidly click down the hallway.


The computer teacher smiles at us when she comes back into the room.


“Gather up your programs and computers girls, all except for those tracking programs and come with me. I'm sure she did go call to whine to Dr. Stark, I'm also sure he'll tell her that you don't need those programs.”


“Dr. Stark already told us what firewall and antivirus programs we could have on our computers, he was going to pick us up a couple copies at Global Dynamics today.” Greta says, grabbing my copy of the program and handing it over as I put everything in my computer bag and then clip it to Sugar's harness. Sugar gets to his feet and presses against my legs as we leave the room.


We go down the hall, Greta sniggering as she can plainly hear the Principal's voice whining from the office. The computer teacher sighs as she opens the door to another room.


“Ms. Logan, Ms. Grover, this is our science teacher, she's going to be proctoring the tests. We've scheduled you three hours, finish as many as you can in that time period. Then we'll break for an hour for lunch. Ms. Grover, you said you're diabetic, will that be okay with you?”


I look at my watch and nod. “Yes, that's about the time I generally have lunch anyway.”


“Good then, I'll see you in a few hours with the results of the tests you already took.”


Once again Greta and I are separated, pshaw like we'd really cheat off each other. What do they think we are kids? A mental voice that sounds suspiciously like Ares trying desperately not to laugh reminds me that Greta and I are kids, at least physically. As usual Greta settles herself in the back corner so her back and side are covered as the teacher puts a website up on the screen at the front of the room.


“Please type this website into your computers, this will lead you to standardized tests by year. When you are finished with a test, please send it to the printer. When you get to the math tests, please hold up your hand and I will lend you a calculator.”


“Graphing or regular?” Greta asks absently. “And if you haven't had some of the classes you've got tests for?”


“If you haven't had the classes, ignore the tests. This will give us a general idea where to place you.”


“Should I even bother with the Algebra tests? Just so you're aware, I've already failed Algebra five times.” I say without looking up from the computer. Might as well get the basic classes out of they way first.


The teacher blinks. Five times.


Greta chuckles. “The first time they didn't believe her, the second time they didn't believe her, the third time they sat down with her and tutored her every step of the way. . .and she still failed.”


“The fourth time I thought Darius would take the test himself to make sure I passed if he could.” I snigger.


Chapter 22 by josette grover

Up at Global Dynamics, Allison is pacing the floor waiting for somebody to come pick her and the babies up.

 

Why,” she growls at a smirking House, “can't I just drive myself home?”

 

“Because you gave birth just a couple of days ago, do you really feel like moving, bending, getting everything. . . and everyone,” he waves at the babies sleeping peacefully in their new car seats. “inside your car. . .then having to drive home? Besides your car isn't here anyway, you haven't been able to fit behind the wheel for the last few months.”

 

“Which should have been a clue that I was having more than one baby.” Allison snorts as she finally sits down, wincing slightly.

 

“Nathan Michael and Alexis Anne are the son and daughter of two of the most powerful magic users in Eureka, their auras are off the charts now. And remember the ultrasounds came back inconclusive.”

 

“And I didn't want my pregnancy checked magically, I knew the baby was healthy.” Allison sighs. She looks up as Nathan comes into the room. “Finally.” she mutters.

 

He smirks as kisses her lightly on the cheek. “Sorry, I had to drop Josette and Greta off at school so they could take the tests to be placed at school and already the Principal has called to complain because the girls wouldn't install the tracking software that Tesla uses on their software. The girls supplied their own computers.” He says at Allison's look. “She threatened to to refuse to give them accounts on Tesla's intranet, Greta told her I had already given them accounts to the whole system, not just the small area set aside for Tesla. I had to stop and pick up firewall packages that didn't have the tracking software included for them, the Principal isn't happy but there's not really anything she can do about it. Poor baby,” Nathan smirks evilly. “She's the one who wanted them there, I don't know what they have planned for her, but from the betting pool her brothers and sister have going, it's bound to be . . .interesting.”

 

“That's the polite for it.” A voice snorts from the doorway and Jo walks in. “My sisters are stubborn little shits and if you tell them to do something they don't want to do, it just makes them worse. Josette's adopted, but she still gets it from Dad, just like the rest of us.” She reaches over and picks up one of the baby carriers as Dr. Stark takes the second one, following House and the nurse. . .Allison grumbling in the wheelchair, out to the front of the building where Nathan's car is waiting.

 

A motorcycle is parked by the car and Jo gets on, pulling a helmet off the handlebars. “Oh the Doctors want to see you if you have the time.”

 

“I want to see this bus you've been talking about, Gregory and I haven't met any of the newcomers either.”

 

“Well, you had an excuse, but House was just too busy tormenting the nurses.” Nathan snorts. “I have to drop the computer programs off anyway, I won't stay long because I still need to get you home. Gregory can follow us since he finally is taking a day off.:”

 

House gets on his own motorcycle and the two bikes make an escort for Nathan's car out of the parking lot. Nathan mumbles under his breath about annoying childre as Allison giggles and pats his arm. “You'd miss him if he was gone, and you know it.” she tells him.

 

“Et tu, Allison?” he says.

 

They finally pull up in front of the bus parked by the guest house and Jo gets off the bike, putting up the kick stand and walking it to the back where a ramp extends to the ground.

 

Allison gets out of the car, leaning on Nathan's arm. . .she's still sore from the recent birth even if she doesn't want to admit it, but a good soak in hot water and healing herbs will have her feeling better when she gets home. That's the only problem with the infirmary, there's not tubs where somebody can soak.

 

Jo comes back from putting the bike away and takes the baby carriers and diaper bag from Nathan before leading the way to the bus. Allison squeals when the back of the bus disappears before Jo would have reached it, showing a hallway that seems to go on forever.

 

“Everybody's in the library,” Jo says over her shoulder. Nathan nods and they head that direction. Allison giggles when she sees two Daniels sitting at the table, books scattered the length of the table they're sitting at while Jack and Mini-Jack make mocking faces behind their backs. At least until one of them, Allison isn't sure which one since they're both wearing what Daniel normally wears when he's not on Atlantis, reaches back and swats him on the side.

 

“That hurt.” Jack pouts, whining a little, his lips trembling. But the mischievous look in his eyes tell everybody he's not really hurt. “Want some cheese to go with that whine, Jack?” Jo says as she comes into the room. Jack and his clone turn when she enters the room, all thoughts of bothering Daniel, either of them, leaving their heads instantly.

 

“There's my brother and sister,” they say in unison, bounding over and bumping into each other as they stand over the baby seats Jo puts down on another table. Daniel looks up momentarily at the noise and one of them makes the ultimate sacrifice of putting down his book and actually getting up from the table to come look at the babies.

 

“They're gorgeous Allison,” Daniel kisses Allison on the temple and settles back with his book. “Jack, you said you were going to get me some hard drives and a scanner?” He calls absently.

 

“Yeah yeah, I'll get around to it. Slave Driver.” Jack complains.

 

“Josette has a whip somewhere if you want to borrow it.” 9th Jack Harkness says with a smirk. “She got it on the road trip after Strife had an oops and made some of her plot bunnies mutate.”

 

The 9th Doctor looks at his Jack, sighs, hands Jackson off to the Immortal Doctor, grabs his Jack by the hand, and drags him out of the room.

 

“Turn on the soundproofing if you're going to fuck the insanity out of him.” Buck calls absently. “Not everybody needs to hear it and Josette isn't here to channel the energy into a pwp.”

 

“PWP?” the 9th Doctor asks just inside the library door.

 

“Plot, what plot?” His Jack says. “Basically it's pure sex. Or sometimes it's just a short scene when the bunnies come up with something that won't fit in a story but she just has to share with the others on her lists.”

 

“Pure crack with no redeeming value?” The 9th Doctor asks, having Josette and Greta say that before.

 

“usually what she calls the non sex pwps.” Buck says. “Those are the bunnies that drive Josette insane, she just has to write the scene because it won't leave her alone until she does. Sometimes she might go back and expand it into a real story, mostly it's 'there, the fucking thing is written, happy.'”

 

“You wanted to talk to me?” Nathan asks.

 

“Oh yes, I hate to bother you today,” the 8th Doctor asks. “But do you. . .”

 

Jack tosses over his tracker. “It's got a search feature, Josette might have one somewhere on the bus. If not ask Purlina if she knows if Greta has one.”

 

“Purlina?” the 4th Doctor asks.

 

“Lady Purlina?” 9th Jack asks. The door opens and a half grown black persian kitten walks into the room, stopping halfway into the room to stretch first one back leg and then the other before jumping onto one of the perches scattered around the room. The others had wondered what they were for, now they know. She tilts her head in Jack's direction.

/Yes Jack?/ A voice says out of nowhere. Everybody jumps and starts looking around, everybody but the 9th Doctor and his Jack who just grin.

 

Nathan stares stunned as he finally realizes it's the kitten that's talking. Mentally he slaps himself for not checking Josette or Greta for magical abilities, the kitten is obviously a familiar.

 

“Is Greta busy?”

 

/My idiot child and her sister are merrily plotting the destruction of Tesla school, one teacher at a time./ Purlina sighs. /I apologize for the impending loss of sanity of your teachers, Dr. Stark. There's nothing that can be done when those two are in that mood, other than hope like hell they get over it quickly and they don't decide you're a target too./

 

Dr Stark nods. “Our Principal is one of Thorne's chosen people, she got rid of the woman who had been principal so she'd have one of her cronies in charge of the school. She's not actually bad, she just doesn't have a knack for dealing with the students.”

 

/Put me down for two weeks for how long it takes the idiot twins to drive her to a nervous breakdown./ Purlina jumps off the perch and strolls out of the room.

 

 

Chapter 23 by josette grover

 

A few hours later the teacher calls a break for lunch, telling the girls to finish the test they're working on if they're nearly finished or to leave it until they get back. Josette's legs are starting to shake when she stands up and she's leaning on Sugar as they walk down the hall to the cafeteria. The teachers are looking a little worried as she checks her blood sugar and Greta peels her an orange to eat

 

Josette wipes her mouth and uses the bathroom before going back to the table, Greta pushing a full plate in front of her. "And eat it all."

 

After lunch they finish their tests and walk back to the boarding house, enjoying the fresh air. One of the SUV's pull up and both Jo's are in the front.

 

"Get in, we've got a problem." Visitor Jo says. We get into the back seat, Sugar lying across our feet.

 

"What's the matter?"

 

"Robot of the week running amok through town. Everybody's being urged to get off the street but since we're talking Eureka everybody's being blase about it. Josette, we're dropping you and Sugar off in town to help with the evacuation, Greta you're coming with us to GD since you've got the clearance. One of you reach behind the seat and grab a walkie-talkie so Josette can keep in touch with us. If you see the robot, get your ass to safety and let us know." I duck automatically as Greta throws her arm over my head, snagging a walkie-talkie from the back that she drops into my lap. The SUV pulls up in front of a building and Sugar and I get out, joining Benton Fraser a few steps away.

 

"Miss, you need to get into shelter."

 

"Jo sent me to help you out, I've got a walkie-talkie to keep in contact with her." Benton nods and continues to get people off the street. Since this is Eureka, a rampaging robot doesn't stop many people. Meanwhile in the SUV the three women head to GD, showing their DoD clearance. Going into the a lab, they find Dr. Stark, Sheriff Carter, and Fargo in a lab.

 

"What's the latest?"

 

"We've lost contact with the robot, it's not even showing up on the scanners anymore." Dr. Stark says. He looks over at visitor Jo and cocks an eyebrow. Jo shrugs. "We left Josette and a walkie-talkie with Benton."

 

"Jo, come in."

 

"Yeah, Josette, you see it?"

 

"Yeah, it's . . " I give where I am and the direction it was heading, then look over at Benton from the safety of the rooftop where he'd leaped with me. SUVs come flying down the street a few minutes later and I stick my fingers in my mouth, giving a piercing whistle.

 

"how the hell. . ." Carter looks up at us. He knows that building doesn't have roof access.

 

"Benton, grabbed me and got both of us up here when we saw the robot coming. It went thataway." I point.

 

"Sugar?" Greta yells from the ground.

 

"Inside with Benton's friends." Dr. Stark looks over and sees Ray Kowalski, Diefenbaker, and Sugar through the glass door.

 

Greta heads that way, Dr. Stark and Sheriff Carter moving to protect and follow her. I snigger silently, Greta's protecting them just as much as they're protecting her.

 

"There it is." The robot swivels and starts moving towards them, causing them to turn and run with the robot chasing them.

 

"What kind of a power source does that thing have anyway?" Carter pants.

 

"I don't know but I will be finding out." Dr. Stark says. Greta suddenly grabs their waists and takes to the air, letting the robot smash into a shield she places against the wall that had cut them off.

 

"Relax," Greta says when the two men stiffen in her arms. "I've got you." She chuckles silently seeing the twenty million questions running across Dr. Stark's face and knowing what at least one of them is.

 

"You've got me? Who's got you?" Carter asks. Stark gives him a 'you did not just say that' look as Greta cackles.

 

"Oh come on, like you weren't thinking it." He snorts.

 

"Yes, but I wasn't going to say it." He says as they look around. Greta's looking down at the mess in the alley behind them. "You're going to need a lot of brooms and dustpans to clean that up." The two men in her arms look down and nod as Josette laughs under them on a rooftop as everybody comes outside, staring up at them.

 

Greta comes in for a landing, her hair fluttering behind her like a banner and puts the two men on the ground before flying off again, bringing Josette and Benton down from their rooftop perch. Sugar immediately presses against Josette's legs, giving her a look.

 

"Oh don't look at me in that tone of voice." I say, rolling my eyes as everybody around me sniggers. "I was perfectly safe with Diefenbaker's human." I then turn to Greta, smirking. "Didn't Dad give you the 'property damage is bad' lecture before we left?"

 

"It was in a good cause, that damn thing almost seemed to be targeting people."

 

"Yes, I'd noticed that as well." Dr. Stark says as a cleanup crew arrives from GD along with both Deputy Lupos. Visitor Jo looks over at her sisters to make sure they're okay out of habit before starting to work.

 

Their brothers start arriving, the area around the alley is blocked off so the cleanup team can work but otherwise life going back to normal for Eureka. Josette and Greta shrug, grabbing their bags out of the back of the SUV and walking back to the bus with Sugar.

 

"Well, I needed that little bit of excitement to get my blood pumping." Greta smirks when they walk into the library. I roll my eyes and drop onto a couch. "I'm too fucking old to go back to high school."

 

The others in the room chuckle. "I am, I'm 41 years old damn it."

 

"You realize the Dads already have a betting pool started about how long it takes you two to bring the school down around your ears." Daniel doesn't look up from his book. Oh well, at least we know which one is which now.

 

The following Monday Josette sighs as she walks into Tesla school with Greta and Sugar.

 

/Passive resistance today? We have to be here but that doesn't mean we'll do anything?/

 

/Yeah, do you have your homework done?/

 

/For the rest of the year./

 

Greta sniggers silently. /Hey maybe you'll actually pass Algebra this time./

 

Josette blows her a mental raspberry.

 

"I've got to be here, doesn't mean I need to do anything." I say more than once that day in classes, looking up from the university history textbook I'm reading for fun. "What the fuck was this guy on when he wrote this garbage?"

 

"Long-winded?" A nearby student asks.

 

"No, that I'm used to thanks to our family. He's just disproved his own argument three times. . .Whoops, make that four."

 

"Why are you reading the Gilderoy Lockhart wannabe book?" Greta asks, looking over at me.

 

"Because not even Daniel would read it and I wanted to see how bad it could be. This is supposed to be required reading at a major university?"

 

"Yeah, well we all know there's stupid teachers, classes, or universities out there. Somebody will finally realize they don't know what they're talking about and they'll huff off."

 

The teacher realizes that she's lost control of the class. "How is he disproving his own argument?"

 

"Okay, he's saying that . . ." Josette gives a outline of what the book is about. The teacher nods. "But he's saying. . ."

 

"You're right, that does disprove his own argument." She snorts.

 

"Yeah, and I'm not even twenty pages into this piece of crap. If this was his dissertation, the review board must have been on the same thing he was to approve this."

 

"Not the first time a dissertation you thought was awful was passed." The teacher rolls her eyes. "Schoolwork girls?"

 

"Already did it through the end of the year, sent it to your principal since she's the one who wanted us here." I snort. "She insisted on okaying our homework before giving it to the teachers since she's in charge of the school." The teacher says something scathing under her breath. "She's probably still whimpering since she didn't expect us to do all of it at once."

 

"I think turning it in in German for me and Italian for you might have had something to do with that." Greta snorts as the buzzer sounds. Sugar stands up and I mark my place, putting the book in his vest and taking him outside to mark the trees, cleaning up behind him and putting the bag in the garbage before washing my hands and walking to the lunch room, putting dishes of food and water down for him before I bring out my own food.

 

I snigger as Sugar snores softly in class, Greta giggling in her corner of the room.

 

The next day I'm belching softly as we walk into the building.

 

"Oh my god, what is that?" Somebody screams a couple hours later as a smell begins to be noticed through the school. Greta cackles silently and keeps herself from rubbing her hands in glee, yesterday was my turn to torment the school, today its hers. She silently farts again, causing alarms to go off in various rooms. Josette settles on the grass outside the school when the building is evacuated.

 

"What's . . is that melting?" Sheriff Carter asks when he comes over to where the school administration is gathered as the teachers count noses to make sure all their students are accounted for.

 

"Was it an oops in the chem lab?"

 

"No, we haven't been able to find a source for the . ..

 

"Noxious emissions yet?" Sheriff Carter snickers. The Principal glares at him and he gives her a look, making her back down. She's already on thin ice for being one of Thorne's appointments and making the girls attend school. She can't afford to be all Bertha better than you with the Sheriff.

 

Sheriff Carter walks into the building, Dr. Stark swearing silently as he arrives and grabs protective gear before following his annoying mate into the building.

 

"Carter, even you know better than to be around a possible chemical leak without the proper gear." Stark forces the protective mask on Carter.

 

"Stark, take a whiff. This isn't a chemical leak, this smells more like mexican night at the dorm when I was at college." Carter rolls his eyes.

 

Stark takes a deep breath and takes off his mask. His nose wrinkles and his eyes begin to burn before he puts the mask back on. "You could be right but I still want to run tests." They come out of the building.

 

Meanwhile Visitor Jo is rolling her eyes as she tracks down her sisters. She recognizes that smell from personal experience.

 

"Okay, who ate Buck's chili?" she sits down behind them in the grass.

 

Greta sniggers.

 

"That's mean even for you, they'll be fumigating the building for a week. The students might even have to go back inside."

 

"I can keep eating it." Greta shrugs. "I feel sorry for the students and teachers but that woman? Nope." I belch softly and pull a bottle of pop from Sugar's vest, opening it and taking a drink.

 

"You okay?"

 

"Sour stomach, I woke up in the middle of the night with heartburn. And I didn't even eat Buck's chili." Putting the bottle back in Sugar's bag I settle down with the history book.

 

"How are you coming on that piece of crap?"

 

"Less than a hundred pages and I'm at nearly twenty times he's contradicted himself. And three bald-faced lies, not even fallacies that got disproved since he wrote it, but outright lies. If he does have a doctorate, I'm not attending that school. Or any school that would hire him."

 

"Bold-faced lies?" the history teacher asks. Josette opens it to a sticky note and hands the book over. "Yeah. . .that's so wrong it's not even funny." She flips to the other marked pages and scowls as she reads it. "Is this a book from your dimension?"

 

"Yeah, though I'm sure you have people just as bad here."

 

"Why are you still reading that garbage?" Jo asks with a shudder.

 

"It's like a train wreck, you know you should look away but you have to see what's going to happen next. In the author's notes he complains about having to self-publish his masterpiece, I can see why. No self-respecting publishing house would touch it. . .at least until the publisher that the university is associated with had it published for his class."

 

"He actually does say that, what a whiner." The teacher rolls her eyes and hands back the book. "Seven hundred and eighteen pages? If he presented this piece of shit, I'm Mother Teresa. Anybody with half a brain would have told him to cut five hundred pages out of it at the least, then prune the rest."

 

"But. . .but . . .but it's my paper, who are you to tell me how to write it?" Greta says in a fake whiny, trembling voice.

 

"The poor sod who had to read this crap?" The history teacher walks away shuddering to join the other teachers as students mill around and settle in groups. They look at her. "Josette's got a history book from the other dimension, whoever wrote it was a comple imbecile who never should have been allowed into graduate school if he does have a Ph.D. From reading that shit I'm not so sure."

 

"Differences in dimension?" One of the other teachers asks.

 

"No, damn fool writer." She snorts. "Josette was reading it in class yesterday and she'd already found four times where he contradicts his own case, she's not even a hundred pages into it and she's found nearly twenty now. . .and three out and out lies. Not fallacies disproved since the book was written, stuff that anybody with half a brain could have looked up if they even believed the crap they were spouting. The book's over 700 pages and the author was whining in his notes that he had to self-publish it until he got hired by a major university and their publishing company took over. Then he had to make sure they didn't change anything."

 

"What a loser." The other teachers roll their eyes. "Is it a basic history text used for two or three classes?"

 

"No, it's their dissertation."

 

"Buffalo chips, there's no dissertation that long. Anybody reading it would have told them to start trimming dead wood. With a chain saw if necessary."

 

"I don't think anybody did read that, if the original premise was that broad they'd have been told to narrow it down and if they'd tried passing that horseshit off while they were defending their dissertation they would have been laughed out of the room."

 

"Josette, would it be possible to read that after you're done?"

 

"Give me your e-mail address, we have most of the textbooks on the server. Most of the family prefers to actually sit down and read the books though."

 

"Daniel." Jo sniggers behind them. "Blair's nearly as bad, with Spencer and Peter tied for third since they have trade journals to read as well as texts. I can't complain, I'll sit and read a gun magazine for hours."

 

The announcement that they're being sent home comes a couple hours later and Josette marks her place before putting the book in Sugar's pack before they walk back to the bus. Getting on the server, Josette attaches the e-book and sends off the message before changing her clothes.

 

"You're reading that?" Daniel asks, looking at the book Josette puts down on the table as she empties Sugar's vest and takes it off him. He shakes and settles down on a pillow by the fireplace in one corner of the room as Josette pets the cats as they give her disgusted looks for daring to be home early.

 

"Yeah, it's almost hysterical how he's going to trip up his own argument this time." I snort. "And if somebody bothers me, I can whap them upside the head with the book."

 

"Is it that bad?" his other self from this dimension ask.

 

"I won't read it, that's saying something."

 

"It can't be . . ." Josette goes to a replicator and makes a new copy. She hands it over. "Whoof, that's . . .”

 

"A load of horse shit." Daniel sits down on a couch and begins to read. "But that's. . ." He says a few minutes later.

 

"disproving the basis for the book? Yeah." I say, looking over at him. "I wasn't even twenty pages into that monstrosity and I'd already found four, I'm up to twenty-five now and I'm about a hundred and fifty pages in."

 

"Why are you home early?" Their Daniel looks at his watch. "It is early, isn't it?"

 

"Yeah, the school was evacuated because of a noxious smell." I snigger. "They're running tests and hope to have it reopened by Thursday. Not that Greta and I will be there." Greta snorts and nods as she walks past the couch I'm lying on. "The principal will be heartbroken."

 

"Ahhh, she can go . . ." I trail off as the Doctor gives me a 'Josette, behave' look. "She's an interfering old bat. We already finished the homework for the year, we can take the tests at at any time, I'm not in Algebra so I can't fail that class. . .again. Other than that we're just there to inflict mental distress on the dumb woman."

 

"She means well."

 

"She's a control freak who wants to have everybody under her thumb. And compared to the real control freaks in the family, she's a poser." Greta snorts from where she's halfway up a library ladder reaching for a book.

 

"She reminds me of a Gou'ald queen." Daniel says, looking up from the book. "Not above taking out the system lords to get what she wants. She's on thin footing now and trying to get back the power she enjoyed being one of Thorne's people. She doesn't realize Dr. Stark has a good nose for bullshit and is giving her enough rope to hang herself."

 

"She reminds me of Dumbledore, she's not a fan of teenagers, she's the Principal for the power. . .not because she wants to help children." Jo says coming through. "And I hate you for introducing me to the movies." Her loving family members snigger. "Of course they tried to make Snape and Dumbledore not total monsters."

 

"Well yah," I snort. "They've gotta be the hewoes. Snape was a nasty bastard, you either loved him because he was misunderstood and some tragic hero or loathed him as some sort of ogre and Dumbassdork left a baby on a doorstep and never checked on him. . .for the greater good after all. The caretaker hated children and never should have been hired, not because he's a squib but because he was a jealous, bitter, hateful man and the divinations teacher was a lush."

 

"What about the students?" Jo laughs.

 

"Hermione was an uptight controlling know it all brat. She reminds me a little of Willow from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, she's got to be right no matter what because she's spe-shul. Ginny came off as a squeeing pink fangirl, she spent her entire life on stories about the boy who lived. Hermione read all the books, so's she to a lesser extent. Hell in the first movie Ron said Hermione knew more about him than he did. Ron was a jealous git 'oh woe is me I have five older brothers who are so much better than I am. . . pass the sausage. I have to make do with one brother's hand me down robes, another's hand me down wand, and a third's hand me down familiar. . .pass the chicken. My spells go haywire because my wand is held together with tape but I'm too stupid to get it fixed or buy a new one. . .pass the mashed potatoes. But that really doesn't matter, I'm not that good of a student anyway. And Hermione's constant nagging to revise doesn't help. Is there any more gravy? My best friend is the boy-who-lived, he's got money and fame. Yeah, his parents were killed as a baby, he's got a psycho trying to kill him every year, not counting the teachers. But he's rich and famous, everything I'm not. Hey, don't hog the bacon, I've only had three helpings down here."

 

Greta laughs in midair. "You've been reading too much fanfic."

 

"Probably. His brothers were a lot better than him. . .well except for Percy the prig. But answer me this question, the Weasley cousin that nobody wanted to talk about, was it because he was an accountant or because he was a Squib. For all that they're a light family, and so are the Longbottoms, they're not above booting a kid out of the family when they don't get a letter to Pigfarts. Or even before that if there's a possiblity the kid is a squib. If they didn't marry their second cousins and turn their noses down on the muggleborn students, the purebloods might not be having so many squibs."

 

"And putting them in houses instead of dorms was stupid." Dr. Stark says as he comes into the library with Peter. "You're putting kids in places based on their personality that could change tomorrow, putting a label on them they'll have the rest of their lives. You had the brave kids--Gryffindors, the evil kids--Slytherin, the so-called smart kids, and the happy kids--Hufflepuff."

 

"The classes were with the same people, they ate at their own tables. . .you weren't told not to have friends outside your houses but you weren't encouraged to either."

 

"Your house was your family while you were at school." Greta says in a sing-song voice.

 

"Family like that I could do without." I snort.

 

"You know I'd always thought that Ron ate so much is because he's weak magically. Magic is energy and he uses all the calories from food to replenish his core. That's why he never gains an ounce because he should weigh as much as the Dursley's the way he eats." Daniel says. The others look at him. "Yes, I've read the books, Jack gave them to me in the infirmary and there wasn't anything else to do. They wouldn't give me a computer to work on anything."

 

"The 'on the road to recovery, let me the fuck out of here already. No you need to rest' stage?" Sheriff Carter says. "Yep, I know that one all too well."

 

"Well if you'd quit getting hurt Carter, you wouldn't be stuck in the infirmary as often as you are." Stark says dryly. "Greta, are you actually flying or moving yourself kinetically?" It's a fair question since she's got three books floating next to her.

 

"I'm flying." She chuckles. She comes in for a landing and shoves my legs off the couch so she can sit down, snorting when I put my legs on her lap and shoving them off again. I snigger and finally sit up.

 

"Is that the book that you sent to the teachers?" I nod and make him a copy. Dr. Stark settles down and reads the inside cover. "Whining like a baby isn't the way to make a good first impression." he scowls.

 

"Zoe?" Greta asks, looking over at Sheriff Carter as he looks at the books.

 

"Picking up a few extra hours at Vincent's since school's closed. Jo told me to go away, I can cover this end of town for a few hours, all the excitement should be over for the day. Stark put the fear of him into everybody at GD when we got the call about trouble at the school." He looks at them, the gaze of a father who's got a teenage daughter of his own and he knows what they can do. "Girls, it's only for thirteen weeks with this one."

 

"Ah yes, the principal is still whining about you dumping a whole years worth of homework for all your classes on her." Dr. Stark says dryly, not looking up from the pages he's turning. "Forget good impressions, the man is an imbecile."

 

"She wanted our schoolwork at the office." I smirk. "she could pass it along to the teachers once she made sure we'd done it."

 

"How'd you do it all in one day?"

 

"Went into Friday with the computers and worked on it for about six months." Greta shrugs. "Our tests are caught up with the others, so it's just a matter of sitting on my ass in class."

 

"You're a poet and didn't know it." I snigger. Sheriff Carter rolls his eyes. "Nothing I'm going to say or do is going to get you to let up on her, right?"

 

"Right. If she'd asked us if we wanted to attend, it would have been different. Hell, I keep having dreams where I miss one day of school and have to start the entire four years over again. Or missing one day of class and finding all my classes have changed the day I was gone."

 

"Is this the one where there's stores in the school?"

 

"Yeah."

 

"I get the ones where I'm getting ready to sign up for my college classes for the next semester and suddenly realize I had signed up for a class I never attended." Sheriff Carter chuckles.

 

"I had dreams where I couldn't sign up for my next semester of classes because I could never get to the room." Dr. Stark says.

 

"I had dreams where I lost my financial aid and had to leave school." Daniel says. "I don't think Peter ever dreamed of his career at Columbia ending like it did, not that he cares."

 

"Nope, it might have been the best thing that ever happened to me. And Columbia eating their words and begging us to come back since we got our start after they kicked us out and everybody knows it isn't too bad." He says, coming into the room. "Josette, do you have any paranormal, psychology, or parapsychology?"

 

"Paranormal and parapsychology are up on the fifth floor, three hallways down on your right from the stairs. Fifth room on the right and the left. The real books are in the locked room." He nods. "The psychology and psychiatriatry is on the eighth floor, seventh hallway on your left from the stairs, third room on the right and left." Peter grins and heads for the stairs. "You can't live in the libraries either." I call at his back, he waves a hand showing he heard me.

 

"There's a workroom on the tenth floor too if your gear needs to be cleaned or worked on." I call behind him. "Remind me to bring out more trackers so everybody can find their way on the bus. Because even I find myself opening doors and wondering where the fuck I am sometimes."

 

The ninth doctor chuckles as he walks past, putting the book he'd been reading on the blue pad to be reshelved. "We've all had that happen Josette. Yours doesn't move on you like rooms do in the TARDIS."

 

"Sometimes I'm not too sure they don't." I grumble as I mark my place and stand up. Sugar scrambles to his feet. I pet him. "It's nearly time for lunch, I'm going to wash up and feed the animals." I look around at a dual yelp, sniggering with Dr. Stark and Sheriff Carter as Greta drags both Daniels away from the table by their ears. "You're eating, the books won't vanish in an hour."

 

At the cafeteria Dr. Stark slides a pile of books at Josette. "I'm blaming my lack of recognition on Allison giving birth recently and ignoring pop culture references. We have the Harry Potter books and movies in this dimension, they're written under a pen name."

 

"Walburga Black?" Greta sniggers. "That's Sirius Black's mother in the books. Are they the same?"

 

"From what little I've seen and from what Carter has said, yes."

 

"Rowling wrote a book under a pen name in our dimension, it didn't go very far until somebody 'leaked' the author was really JK Rowling and the book flew off the shelves."

 

"That sounds familiar." Sheriff Carter snorts. "Usually though it's some kind of controversy that causes the books to be popular."

 

"The cynic in me says she just wasn't getting enough money so she had it 'leaked', just like the biggest loser kept bringing back Ruben for the publicity, they brought back contestants yeah, but not three times."

 

When school opens a couple days later Spice is with me as I walk into the classroom, sitting down next to my seat.

 

Zoe Carter looks at me. "They complained that Sugar shedded."

 

"He's a sheepdog, so. . .yeah." Zoe snorts, rolling her eyes. "Did you really give the principal a year's worth of homework?"

 

"Stupid woman demanded to see it first, if she thought it was done right she'd give it to the teachers."

 

"What a putz." Zoe sighs. "The other principal we had was sooo much better, she actually taught a couple classes. But Evil wanted her buddy in the job as so . . . off she went."

 

"No, you cannot force Josette to eat the regular school lunch." Dr. Stark sighs.

 

"But she's being shown favoritism." The principal whines.

 

"She has health problems and your student lunches aren't planned with diabetics in mind. She's not the first student who's had to bring her own lunch in from home due to health concerns."

 

"I will ban everybody from bringing food in from outside."

 

"Try it and watch them walk out."

 

"Fucking moron." He says when he's hung up on the spluttering woman. He dials the sheriff's office. "Carter, keep an eye on the school. The principal's being a twit and trying to ban everybody from bringing in outside food because Josette eating a lunch she brought from home shows favoritism." Sheriff Carter sighs and silently counts to ten. "I expect at least ten students walking out because of food allergies or other lifestyle choices."

 

That news has Josette putting everything back in Spice's vest and getting up.

 

"Ms. Grover?"

 

"I am diabetic and bring my lunch from home because the school lunches aren't part of my meal plan, if I can't eat my own food, I'm not staying." Greta follows her out the door and Josette smirks as students begin walking out of their classes.

 

"How many students bring their lunches?" Greta asks Zoe since she'd called for the two girls to slow down and had run to catch up.

 

"A good half of them, Janice. . ." She points to a girl around their age who'd been the first one out the doors. "Has a food allergy. There's a couple students that eat vegan or have other food problems." Greta looks up at the quiet laughter, seeing a man that Jack's identified as Ianto Jones looking at her. She nods slightly at him and he follows the Harkness children as they walk home.

 

Sheriff Carter sighs. "Hold up." Everybody who'd been walking past the Sheriff's office pauses. "Ianto, Owen, Toshiko, your parents are at Josette's bus. Let me call them and see where they want you." The three younger students nod as Greta and I look at him. "You were expecting this?"

 

"Stark called me when the Principal said she didn't like Josette bringing her own lunch, it showed favoritism. If she ever came out of the hallowed ground that's her office, she'd see a good percentage of her students bring lunches. She eats at Vincent's and wouldn't think to lower herself to eat the school's cooking. Yeah Jack, it's Sheriff Carter. The Principal tried banning the students from bringing in outside food for lunches and a good half the students walked out, including your kids. They're outside the office right now, do you want me to send them home or somewhere else. Yeah, I know you're on Josette's bus, she's here too."

 

"We can bring them back with us. I've got plenty of educational DVDS they can watch until their parents are done."

 

Sheriff Carter listens to the voice on the other end. "Oh yes, I'm sure the principal has learned her lesson and they'll be back in class tomorrow. And the teachers will be putting assignments on the server just like they did earlier."

 

 

Chapter 24 by josette grover

 

"Josette." Peter says in a fake chiding tone when I come onto the bus. He waggles a finger at me and the others laugh.

 

"Not my fault the evil witch is a control freak." I shrug. "Zoe says there's vegans, a few students with food allergies, and some who eat gluten free that bring their lunches so 'oh she's getting special treatment' is bullshit. A good half the students left and the rest either went after them to show support or they wanted another day off school too."

 

"My turn if we go back to school tomorrow." Greta smirks as I take the vest off Spice. She pets Purlina where she's laying on one of the perches scattered around the room, then Peaches and Cream. I pet them too then Sugar before heading to my room to change my clothes. Petting the TARDISes in the front of the bus and the two elsewhere I check the time and head upstairs to a workroom.

 

"Josette? Ahhh, I was wondering if you were keeping up with your studies." The eighth doctor asks when they track me down after lunch.

 

"Yep, both here and at home. There's a difference between having to do something and wanting to do something." I reach out and grab a vial, decanting something from over the bunsen burner and putting it in a rack with the others. "Okay, these need to sit for a few days."

 

"They left school." The principal whines when Dr. Stark comes into her office.

 

"I believe I told you they would. A good half of the students bring their lunch from home, so no. . .Josette isn't getting special treatment because she has to bring her lunch. Neither do the students who have food allergies, eat vegan, or gluten free." Dr. Stark sneers. "Now I've announced that the ban on outside food being brought in was a mistake. No actions will be taken against the students."

 

"But they walked out."

 

"After you endangered their health by your little fit. You've been trying to punish Josette and Greta for not wanting to attend school after you forced them into it, the vendetta ends now. You're not as important as you think you are."

 

"Eva. . ." She hisses.

 

"is not in charge of Global Dynamics, Eureka, and Tesla. Allison and I are and we're telling you to stop your little games. You have until the end of the school year to prove you're capable of running Tesla school. Our students are the best and brightest, they will go far in whatever career they have planned. Even Josette and Greta have had their own accomplishments in their own dimension and will go far from their brothers and sisters careers."

 

"I'll have them all suspended for the rest of the year for walking out."

 

"And the school board would overturn the decision and hand you your ass for your blatant stupidity." Dr. Stark sneers.

 

"Some of the students who eat the school lunch walked out. I can prove they don't bring their lunches!"

 

"How, there's no records of who eats the school lunch or who brings their own."

 

"Of course there is. . .Isn't there?"

 

"No, the cafeteria workers know who eat the school lunch of course but they won't tell you and every student would be bringing lunches from home for the rest of the year just to spite you."

 

"But how do you prove who's paid for their lunches?"

 

"They don't, it's given to them as part of the school benefits."

 

"But that's not fair." She hisses.

 

"To who? The students?"

 

"No the school, we could charge them five dollars a meal easily."

 

"Tesla school is a benefit, GD pays for everything. Just like we subsidize the Cafe Diem."

 

"That's not fair." She's still whining when he walks off.

 

"What a whiny little fool." He sends out the notice to make sure the students all bring their lunches from home tomorrow to take the wind out the principal's sails before heading to the bunker.

 

"Ms. Logan, I do speak spanish." The teacher chuckles as Greta refuses to speak english the next day in class.

 

She just shrugs and switches to another language, the teacher responding likewise.

 

"I speak ten languages." She says with a smile. This isn't the first time a student hasn't spoken english in her classroom. Not even the first time it's been deliberate. Usually though it was girls gossipping and not thinking the teacher understood them until she told them to settle down in their own language.

 

"Greta speaks a hundred and ten." I say. The teacher blinks and Greta smirks.

 

"Oh my." She looks at Josette. "Fluent in about sixty or seventy, passable in another 30 or so, and enough to ask if that's safe to eat, where's the toilet, and swear in the rest."

 

"What's your degrees?"

 

"Electrical engineering, electronics, specializing in computer repairs, and information technology, specializing in programming." Greta says in Mandarin Chinese. The teacher blinks at her and I repeat what Greta had said. "And that's Masters in the electrical engineering and doctorates in the others, that's why Greta's one of the top computer techs for Dayton." I look at her. "Steve's going to bug you to go on for the doctorate in electrical engineering and pick up one in mechanical engineering."

 

"Yah think? And the business degrees for when Gar and I take over Dayton. And you park the bus at the mansion when you're down, he's as much your father as he is mine."

 

"They all brought their lunches." the principal whines when she 'lowers' herself to check the cafeteria and finding everybody eating their own food.

 

"Duhhhhhh." One of the lunch ladies says after she's walked away. "What did she expect to happen after yesterday? They're geniuses, but they're also teenagers."

 

"She wanted us to rat out the kids who eat lunch here so she could punish them since she didn't get her own way yesterday." Another one says, rolling her eyes. "She was incensed to find out that there's no records of who eats the school lunch since GD pays for everything. It wasn't fair to the school, they could easily charge five dollars for a meal."

 

The ladies sigh. Since they'd known all the students would be bringing their lunches today, they'd spent the day doing inventory of their food and other supplies before the order goes out. It's finished by the end of the day and sent to GD, getting a thank you from Fargo back for being early.

 

I take the vest off Spice when we're home, dropping onto the couch and pulling a footstool over as I take my shoes off and rub my feet. Leaning back in the couch I stretch and yawn.

 

"Are you going to live?" Buck smirks as he comes into the library.

 

"I'm not sure yet." I stretch again, this time belching instead of yawning. "Oh hey, did Jo tell you the thick plastic frames at the school were melting from Greta's farting the other day thanks to your chili?"

 

"What can I say? I'm that good." he preens.

 

"And modest too." Blair snorts as he comes into the room. Everybody laughs.

 

"One week down, twelve to go. . .if you finish the entire year." Peter says, leaning behind me on the back of the couch. "Why do you have rooms of fabric, boxes of old clothes, and other stuff?"

 

"From the trip, we had two quilters on the bus and I was learning from them."

 

"So you do use it?"

 

"Of . . .aww shit." Greta looks at me.

 

"Sheriff Carter . .. sheriff Carter."

 

"Nah, he'd have said something . . .wouldn't he?"

 

"Yes, it was me. It just happened last night." A voice says from the door. He comes into the room, ignoring Stark's glare. "I was 'whisked' away for the trip that got Josette adopted." He looks at the shelves and brings out something, showing pictures of him on the bus wearing different clothes. "We were. . .about thirty-six months wasn't it?"

 

"Yeah, it was summer when we left and we celebrated Christmas for the second time a few months before we all headed our separate ways. Anyway, as I was saying I use it all the time. 'Tia's teaching me when I'm home."

 

"Good, I knew you were tetched in the head, didn't want you to become a hoarder." I blow Peter a raspberry as he laughs and walks away.

 

The following Monday I sit down in my seat for our first class.

 

"Ms. Logan, is this a hypoglycemic reaction?" the teacher asks as my eyes close for the third time.

 

"No, this is Josette after a late night reading." Greta sniggers. "Or as she'd tell you if she was compos mentos, I just washed my brain and I can't do a thing with it." The bell sounds and Greta grabs my arm, leading me out of the room. Zoe sniggers. She's seen her Dad in a similar state many a times, 'I'm awake, you want me to actually think?' "She'll start waking up around lunch."

 

"I take it Josette's not a morning person?"

 

"Hell no, as she's said more than once. . .I may rise but I refuse to shine. We know not to schedule anything important before eleven."

 

"Was that Josette or Spice snoring?" Zoe asks in their next class. Josette's given up her attempt to stay awake and has her head down on the table. When the teacher had said something Greta had shrugged. "Suspend us then, she can sleep just as easily back on the bus. She can use one of the cats for a pillow there."

 

"Spice, Josette's louder."

 

"Dad always says staying. . ."

 

"Up is better than getting up? Yep."

 

"If you want bright eyed and bushy tailed, go catch a freaking squirrel." I mumble. Greta sniggers.

 

After lunch I'm feeling more human and after school we walk through town. I stop at a store and grab a few magazines and books, taking them to the work area once we're on the bus. Back in the library I drop onto the couch after removing Spice's vest. I get a lapdog for my trouble and Greta sniggers.

 

"Did you really sleep through your morning classes?" Dr. Stark asks.

 

"Not for a lack of trying." I mumble. Greta sniggers again. "Lemme up Spice, I gotta hit the bathroom and look through the stuff I picked up at the store. And I gotta get online and see if there are any suppliers nearby, I'm running low on some stuff."

 

//Thought it was all in the replicators?// Greta asks on a tight mental link.

 

//Is but I wanna see what new is coming out, and one of these days I'll grab the gang together and head to Haven.//

 

The next day I'm drug off to school by Greta.

 

"I gotta go, you gotta go."

 

"Ahhh hell, are we out of coffee already?" I moan.

 

"Nope, but I've got PMS and I'm cramping like a sonnabitch."

 

I create a bar of chocolate. "Hold onto that until after school, I need all my 'mean' focus for today."

 

"Ahhhh, that time of the month." Zoe chuckles as Greta glares at our locker.

 

"Yep."

 

"Excuse me." Greta says in the middle of our first class. She stands up and screams. "This is a test of my emergency alert system,if it had a real emergency the scream you just heard would have been followed by a lot more just like it. This concludes the test of my emergency alert system." I lay my head on the table and start cackling. The door is pointed at and we cheerfully gather our bags and walk out, nearly making it to the front door before we're pointed at the office.

 

Greta glares at the principal and she finally begins squirming in her chair at the sheer power in Greta's gaze. "I.don't.want.to.be.here. Neither does Josette. We have much better things to do with our time than deal with the petty tantrums of a wannabe tyrant. Get the fuck over it. . .and yourself."

 

"I can suspend you for two weeks. . ."

 

"No you can't. There's no rules against standing up in the middle of class and screaming. I'm sure more than one person has wanted to do the same thing."

 

Greta and I walk off with a smirk, walking into the cafeterial for lunch.

 

"Aren't you in trouble?" Pilar asks, the story had already made the way of all the students almost by osmosis.

 

"No school rule against screaming in class."

 

Zoe sniggers. "I'm sure she'll try to shove one through. . ."

 

"Attention students, it is now against the rules to scream in class."

 

"You can't do that moron, you have to have the school board make the changes, not you." The school secretary says. A few minutes later Dr. Stark says the same thing in a phone call when he calls her ten different kinds of fool without raising his voice.

 

"But it's not fair." She whines.

 

"What are you, two?" the secretary asks after she slams the door of her office.

 

The next morning I smirk as the devices that I'd sent to the school activate and music starts blaring in every room. The teacher blinks and looks over at us but I hadn't moved since I sat down to read comic books on my computer.

 

By the end of the class nobody can even think since the sound switches between soft and loud without warning. The second class starts quieter and everybody relaxes. . .until the sound of NPR talk radio comes into every room.

 

//Not Rush Limbaugh?//

 

//Fuck no, I ain't listening to that wacko. And the teachers might be suspicious if I've got my ears plugged.//

 

By the end of the third class people from GD have been called in and are greeted by the voice of radio Moscow. At lunch students are dancing to disco music. Greta's warbling along to I will survive by Gloria Gaynor. The principal huffs off since Greta's staring at her and smirking.

 

School is cancelled after lunch and I head off to my workroom after we get back to the bus, selecting fabric for a quilt pattern that had caught my eye. It comes with matching pillow shams I'll make later. Peter looks in the room to find me cutting out pieces of fabric for the quilt and looks at the picture on the corkboard.

 

"That's going to look magnficent, but why don't you . . ."

 

"just wave it? Because there's something about 'I did this'. Same reason why Dad spends hours going over his swords and cleaning them by hand. Why Apollo still has scrolls everywhere even though everything's also on the computer, why Hestia makes her chocolate and teas by hand . . ." He grins and heads off to find a psychology book to read.

 

The next morning there's a suspicious power outage that only affects the school. But at least it stopped the music and radio that had continued all through the night. I 'remove' everything as we walk into the school. At least with the big windows there's some light in the building. Though why the hell they still have school during a power outage. . .

 

"Why won't my computer turn on?" The principal whines.

 

"Because we don't have any power but you didn't want to cancel school?" The secretary snorts.

 

"Students. . ." the history teacher sighs as she looks at the room. Only the ones by the windows can see to do anything, across the room is nearly dark. "I was going to have a test today but that's on hold. . ." Cheers from the students, hey they're geniuses but they're still teenagers.

 

"Why aren't you doing anything?" the Principal whines as she comes into a classroom.

 

"Because nobody can see what we're doing? Unless you're right next to the window there's no light. We can't see to take a test."

 

"Aren't the computers backlit?"

 

"They still need electricity."

 

"The power still isn't on?" The teacher just looks at her and flips the switch.

 

"What are you going to do all day?"

 

"I have no idea, school should really have been cancelled."

 

"But we closed early yesterday." she walks off whining. GD will hear about this.

 

"Grow the fuck up and cancel classes while engineers are looking over the school." Dr. Stark says tersely five minutes later. "Even you should have realized that it was impossible for the students to handle classes, that's why schools close early for power outages and other problems." He hangs up on her spluttering, prays to his chosen diety for patience, and dials another number. "Henry, head to Tesla. They don't have any electricity and the fool woman in charge can't understand why the students can't do anything. I told her to release them for the day. FARGO!"

 

"Yes sir, Dr. Stark?" He peers around the door with Larry.

 

"Get together a crew of electical engineers to head to the school, they're without power and from what I could make out from the principal's complaints, only the school is out of power. Nobody realized until they tried to turn on lights and computers. The principal had to be ordered to release the students, she wanted to keep the school open since they closed early yesterday. Then she whined because the students were just sitting there in class."

 

Fargo shakes his head and gets on the computer while sending Larry off for supplies. He huffs up with the packs five minutes after everybody is gathered outside Dr. Stark's office.

 

I head outside with Greta and Zoe, stopping at the cafe since we hadn't had lunch yet. "Shouldn't you all be in school?"

 

"No power. Principal finally had to cancel classes after she realized we couldn't do anything in class."

 

Back at the bus I check google maps and get behind the wheel, the autopilot getting the bus through town and onto the interstate for the trip to Portland.

 

"Think Daniel will even notice the bus has moved?" Greta asks from the spot behind me. I snigger.

 

"Where was the bus going?" Jack O'Neill asks as he knocks on the door of the guesthouse. Peter looks out and grabs a phone. "Where are you?" He asks whoever answers. "And shouldn't you be in school?" he nods and moves the phone away from his mouth. "Greta and Josette are heading into Portland to pick up supplies, electricity is out at the school. Principal finally had to cancel classes when she complained the students were just sitting in the dark classrooms. You got money? Okay, we'll see you later tonight."

 

I park at Powells, leaning in the library door where everybody else is, playing a recording of an air horn until I get everybody's attention.

 

"What are you doing back already?" Daniel looks at the clock.

 

"Power outage at the school, the principal finally had to cancel classes when she found the students just sitting in the dark classrooms. We're currently in Portland. . .outside Powells." They look out the windows. "I didn't even feel the bus move."

 

We head inside, coming out a few hours later with three flatbed carts loaded down with boxes of books that go into the back of the bus. A warehouse store is next and more flatbed carts of supplies come out to the bus.

 

I'm on the internet searching out suppliers and expos on the trip back from Portland. Like I give a rip if I miss school, what's the worst they can do . . .expel me? Greta hears me muttering under my breath and grins, then points out the fact they can't have school until the power is back on.

 

I input the address for the supplier outside New York that night before we eat dinner. The announcement that school was closed until Monday at the earliest had me dancing in the cafeteria.

 

"They've assigned homework." Peter says, looking at us.

 

"Got everything finished through the end of the year and already handed in."

 

"Aren't you two the least bit upset about interfering with the other students schooling?" the 8th doctor chides gently.

 

The Daniel from this dimension snorts. "Not this late in the school year. A normal school yes but this is Tesla."

 

"Don't they have the state mandated hours they need to be open?"

 

"They've already got their hours in, they could close permanently tomorrow and still be ahead of the game." Greta smirks. Peter points a fork at her. "Cool your jets, they still need to take their finals."

Chapter 25 by josette grover
Author's Notes:

End of this chapter is the beginning of my dad is who

 

The next morning the others head off and watch as the bus from outside as the bus seems to shimmer and move off far more rapidly than it should have. The others look at the 9th Doctor.

 

"The bus moved faster than normal while we were traveling, trips across states took only a few hours. I've never seen it from the outside."

 

"Traffic?"

 

"It seems to move around it except one time when we were stuck in a massive traffic jam due to protestors. The freeway was shut down on both sides for hours."

 

A one day pass later I'm in in the suppliers buildings and starting to pick out stuff with an employee behind me having stuff delivered to the back of the bus. Three long hours later I check out and we drive off, stopping at another supplier that afternoon and parking in a rest area for the night.

 

The next day we hit a couple major manufacturers to pick up orders and fill the back of the bus with rolls of fabric and other supplies. Another supplier for other stuff is our last stop on our way back to Eureka.

 

"We'll be moving stuff forever." Greta moans.

 

"Probably but with everything in the replicators unless they come up with something new I won't have to buy anything but books and magazines. And when they get rid of something like we know they will I can replicate it."

 

At the school the engineers finally have their aha moment. "We found it sir, a relay switch was burned out in the board. Once we replaced it the electricity came right back on."

 

"Thank you gentlemen." Dr. Stark says. "Just to satisfy somebody's complaints, was there any signs of vandalism or tampering with the unit?"

 

"No sir, it was just old. We ended up replacing nearly a dozen relays since they were going to fail. If somebody," Dr. Stark smirks as the engineer glares at the principal. "Had allowed us to perform the proper maintenance checks when we wanted, they would have been switched out months ago."

 

"The relay failing was just a matter of time?"

 

"Yes sir. Proper maintenance could have prevented this whole mess." He glares at the principal who ducks her head. She'd denied them access to the school and went whining to Eva who'd cut maintenance schedules left, right, and center because it wasn't cost effective. Who cared if things fell apart, as long as they kept making money until it needed fixing or replacing.

 

"I'm sorry, I'm not taking the test on the grounds that it's against my religion." I don't even bother to look up from the anthropology text I'm reading. A thud from the corner of the room is followed seconds later by Greta cackling like a loon.

 

"Uh-huh." Sheriff Carter says slowly as he listens to the person on the other end of the line then slowly puts the phone down. "Jo? No, the other one." Visitor Jo looks over at him from where she's sitting at the table. She'd complained of being bored at the guest house and had taken to dropping in at the office, currently she was doing some of the routine paperwork. "You need to go to the school to pick up your sisters. Josette told the teacher she refused to take a test, that it was against her religion. . ." Jo sniggers. "Greta fell on the floor laughing and they may have finally broke the principal. She's totally silent and a vein in her forehead is throbbing."

 

"Yeah, I'll go get the wondertwins of trouble." She snorts.

 

"What's her religion?" Deputy Lupo asks despite herself.

 

"The holy order of smart asses? The family's technically greek from way back."

 

"Orthodox?"

 

"No, Dad says if he wants to hear somebody chanting his name it better be during sex." Grabbing the keys to the SUV she drives to the school, walking into the office where the secretary is snickering and points at the Principal's office. Knocking on the door, Jo looks at the Principal then her sisters and points out in the hallway.

 

 

"What did you do this time?" Peter sighs when a smirking Greta and Josette walk onto the bus. The 4th doctor looks over his shoulder and moans. "Girls."

 

Greta cackles. "Josette told the history teacher she refused to take the test because it was against her religion."

 

I snigger. "I think we broke the principal, she was just blinking at me. It's a letdown, it's like you'd be asked to take a first grade test after you've finished your doctorate. There's no damn . . .oh fuck what is the word I'm thinking of. Challenge, there's no challenge to it."

 

Jack had come up behind them and nods. "Like taking a test for a first year class at the academy when you're the head of the agency and wrote the damn book the teacher's using."

 

"Exactly. Zoe Carter is coming over after school, the teacher put us together for a project. I told her we already had the books we'd need. That way she doesn't have to fight with the other students at the school to get them."

 

I head into the loading area and start opening boxes, filling flatbeds I take into my workrooms to put away after I scan them for the replicator. Greta takes the handheld unit and starts on the rolls of fabric to put them in the database.

 

"Josette, do we have anything we can put the fabric on?" Greta asks when I come in for another load."

 

"No, I got an idea of how I want to set it up but I gotta work on it. Maybe Heph can make them when we get back. I'll put everything in an empty room for now."

 

Zoe shakes her head as she walks into the library after school, finding the books laid out on a table. "We've got a chem lab we can use for the work too." They get geared up and start working, Greta typing the paper they put together a couple days later. She gives it to Zoe in case they're not in school by the time the project is due. I snort. More like hope we're not still in school when it's due.

 

It's raining the next day and we take a smart car to the school, not the only student being dropped off I see as we walk inside.

 

"Thought it didn't rain in California?" I smirk.

 

"And God didn't make little green apples." Greta says. The principal's office is dark as we pass and the history teacher gives me a look. I point to my computer and she finds all the tests taken through the final. I bring up a file.

 

"My papers I've written for my history classes, grades, and any notes I had on them...both from the teacher and any I've made on expanding them for future papers. I figure I'll have a Masters by the time I finish my high school classes. I can expand any of them for a thesis and dissertation."

 

Greta snorts. "You'll have two or three masters by the time you're done with your high school classes. If you ever pass algebra that is."

 

"True."

 

"I thought you were going for a lit degree?"

 

"Yeah, I probably should. Or a masters in library science." Both of us snigger as the other students start coming into class.

 

The teacher starts lecturing like nothing has happened and the students look like they're at a wimbledon match looking at the teacher, then to us, and back again. I pull out a history textbook from Oxford, the teacher nods and continues lecturing.

 

"Is that a university textbook?" Zoe asks as the bell rings and I put everything up.

 

"Part of a doctorate in history from Oxford."

 

The political science teacher shakes her head at the three books and thick pile of handouts that Greta brings out for that class. "This is for a doctorate?"

 

"Freshman government from a private high school one of our friends attended. They go year-round. And yes, this is just for the first year of the course. The course expands into different areas in the second year and they get more books." Greta looks over at me. "Do we have the book from that one government class where it says right in the course catalog that 80 percent of the class will fail it the first time they take it? It's two classes and mandatory for every degree."

 

"Yeah, and the books from the poly-sci degree itself. . .which only gets worse from the government class. She was the only one to go for the whole set of degrees in both political science and business administration from that school, they put her picture up on their wall of fame."

 

"Should have given her a medal for getting through those degrees." I mumble. "My head hurt just reading the freshman books." Greta sniggers.

 

After lunch everybody is blinking because the furniture is on the ceiling in the room as they walk in the classroom. Greta sniggers silently as the students look up at everything from the safety of the doorway.

 

"How did a truck get in the classroom?" A voice asks down the hall and everybody heads that way finding a ram truck in the classroom with everything moved to the sides to give it barely enough room to fit in.

 

//Isn't that the principal's truck?// It looks like the brand new vehicle she had to have because it made her so much better than everybody else then bitched, moaned, and whined like a baby when she didn't have her own parking space at the school.

 

//Sure looks like it.// I walk off to the school library with the other students as the teachers stare at their classrooms and the school secretary calls the sheriff's office.

 

Jo is sighing as she comes back from the school. "Somebody put all the furniture on the ceiling in one room and the principal's truck in another."

 

"Typical school pranks." Carter says. "Except most people wouldn't do it until they were in university." Lupo nods and writes up the report for their records. She picks up the phone and sighs when she finds it's the school again. "No need to head out, somebody glued a door shut on another classroom, they didn't find it until the class couldn't get in."

 

"I'm surprised the principal wasn't screaming." Carter says.

 

"She wasn't in today."

 

"She'll probably be screaming when she finds out what's going on." Lupo snorts. "Maybe this will be enough to finally get rid of the woman."

 

"Doubt it. She's one of Thorne's appointees yes, but she hasn't proved herself to be more than a fucking idiot."

 

Back at the bus I take off Sugar's harness, what were they going to do expel me if he sheds, and head to my workroom to try and finish the top for my quilt and start the matching shams.

 

"Greta, gimme a hand." I yell over the intercom a couple hours later. Clapping from various people.

 

"Watcha need?"

 

"Help me measure out the batting for my quilt. Normally I'd pin one edge, come around and pin the other, measure, and cut but since you're here. . ."

 

Greta grabs the other side and we lay it out to the right length, a pair a scissors cutting it. The back is next and she helps me put the layers out before we eat dinner.

 

The next day I've got a knitting bag in class and working on a pair of mittens. The double pointed needles are tiny in my hands and I mutter something rude in Russian as a needle goes flying. Sugar gets it for me and drops it into my lap. I rub his ears as he sits back down.

 

"How many colors are you using?" Zoe asks.

 

"About five, it's fiddling work." I show her the small plastic ties wrapped with different colors of yarn tucked inside the mitten.

 

"Why mittens and not gloves?"

 

"They're supposed to keep your fingers warmer because of the shared body heat. I've already done lined gloves and a matching hat. After I finish these I'll do another hat and scarves for both of them."

 

The screech from the principal doesn't need the intercom to be heard by everybody at the school.

 

"Do you mind?" the chemistry teacher steps out into the hallway and yells. "I'm in the middle of a delicate experiment and your ranting and raving could have caused an accident if somebody was startled into knocking chemicals over or added the wrong thing at the wrong time." Not very silently complaining about idiot women she walks back into the classroom.

 

The principal huffs and threatens to put something in her file but is told to grow the fuck up by another teacher, she was right and screaming like a banshee isn't doing anybody any favors. Clapping from behind them heralds the arrival of Dr. Stark who shakes his head.

 

"They should have had this fixed by now." She bleats.

 

Dr. Stark glares at her until she ducks her head. "The industrial solvent takes at least 24 hours to work. The glue will be tacky and have to be scraped away, then the door and frame will have to be cleaned. It will be at least Monday before the room can be used."

 

"Noooooo!!!!!" She screams.

 

An explosion in the chemistry lab has alarms going off.

 

"Everybody outside." Dr. Stark yells as doors start opening and students file out as the chemistry door opens and coughing, gagging students trail out.

 

The teacher is steaming and she sees the principal, bringing up one fist from the floor and knocking her on her ass.

 

"Damn it woman, when I told you to quit your damn screeching because we were performing a delicate experiment, that means SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!" She stalks out to check on her students. The others are already gathering them into a separate area and asking them questions.

 

Carter sighs as he looks in the chem lab. "They'll be scrubbing for days."

 

Stark looks over his shoulder, not so subtly grabbing his ass. "Oh yes. I'll go find out what they were working on to see if anybody needs medical attention."

 

"No Dr. Stark, everybody seems okay but I told that woman to quit her damn screeching."

 

Peter sighs as the two of us walk onto the bus. "Chemistry accident thanks to the Principal screeching like a banshee when maintenance told her a couple facts of life. The teacher told her the first time to shut up because they were doing something delicate, the stupid woman exploded again when she found out it would be at least Monday before the classroom with the glued door would be open again, it takes at least 24 hours for the solvent to start working, then the glue would be tacky and need to be scraped away, then the door and frame cleaned." Peter looks at her. "Not it, I put the furniture on the ceiling." Greta holds up a hand.

 

"And I put her precious new truck in a classroom." I say as I take off Sugar's harness. He shakes and settles in one of the pet beds scattered around the room.

 

"Thought they didn't like you taking Sugar?" Blair chuckles.

 

"What are they going to do, expel me?" I snort. "Anyway, thanks to the chem lab explosion, school is cancelled through the end of the week to clean the chem lab and see if anything needs replacing. Principal's not happy but Dr. Stark told her to grow the fuck up, her screeching caused the accident."

 

Peter shakes his head but they can hear the distant 'whoomph' of an explosion at GD. Putting food down for the critters I head to the bathroom to piss and check on the gardens.

 

Meanwhile in Eureka Vincent looks at the door then the clock and back at Zoe when she enters the cafe.

 

"The principal screeching like a banshee. . .again. . . even though the chem teacher told her to shut up startled somebody and there was an incident. Need me to work today?"

 

"No Zoe, everything's quiet today."

 

"Okay I'm heading to the library for a couple hours to work on the essay for my university applications then." The woman behind the checkout desk looks at Zoe when she comes into the building. "Chem lab accident thanks to the principal acting like an idiot, school's closed until Monday now."

 

A couple days later I walk into the library after a late breakfast.

 

“So how did you find out that your father was actually the Doctor and his arch-nemesis the Master?”

This story archived at http://imagine.e-fic.com/viewstory.php?sid=244