New World by kirallie
Summary: What if the Veil doesn't always lead to death? What if sometimes it leads to alternate realities. Now what will Harry do?
Categories: Non Buffy/Angel Crossovers > Supernatural, Non Buffy/Angel Crossovers > Harry Potter Characters: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, AU, Romance
Warnings: Slash
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 16646 Read: 254960 Published: 2009.07.31 Updated: 2013.06.14
Chapter 2 by kirallie
“Morning Harry.” The younger man looked up and waved for Jim to join him. He had to admit he was proud of the younger man. In four years he'd managed to get his GED and had enrolled in college. He'd gotten into Rasmussen College in St. Cloud doing a paralegal degree and was only back in Blue Earth for vacation. Harry had admitted that Jim's place was the only home he had and it wasn't like Jim minded the company. Thankfully he had managed to keep Harry away from his Hunting materials and contacts though there had been a close call with the Winchester's six months after his arrival.

He wanted to keep Harry away from anything to do with Hunting partially because of his odd arrival and partially because he knew that even after four years Harry was still keeping secrets about his past. The last thing he wanted was some nosey hunter pushing Harry into running. Jim had never been given a reason to regret taking Harry in and so he had left the boy's past alone. He knew he was human and that was enough.

“How's church life?” Harry asked with a grin and Jim sighed.

“You'd now if you attended services.” It was an ongoing game, Jim would try to get Harry into the church for something other than helping him clean and Harry would come up with reasons not to attend service. He didn't know why Harry was so against religion but he had never pushed, realising it was painful.

“And kill my back on those pews? No thanks.”

“How are your classes?” Jim asked before Harry could come up with one of his more interesting reasons not to attend.

“Not too bad, I should pass everything this semester.” Harry answered with a shrug, digging into his croissant.

“That's good. How do you eat that?” Jim winced at the amount of sugar that had to be in Harry's breakfast and Harry grinned.

“Chocolate cures all.” Was the amused answer.

------------------------
Harry frowned as he entered the Church, something was wrong. He closed his eyes and opened his other senses and then staggered back a step. He'd never felt such evil from a church before.

“Pastor Jim!” He called; worried for his guardian but there was no answer. Harry broke into a run, following the trail of evil down a set of stairs and to a door he'd never seen before.

“I haven't spoken to John Winchester in over a year. You're wasting your time. Even if I did know where they were, I'd never tell you.” Harry paused as he heard Jim speaking to someone, sounding somewhere between scared and worried.
“I know.” A female voice answered coldly as Harry rounded the corner only to see a blond woman raising a knife to the Pastor's throat. Without a thought he summoned the blade from her hand, making the both look at him.

“Harry run!” Jim yelled, not wasting time in questioning how his ward had done that.

“Harry hm. You shouldn't get involved kid.” The woman taunted and Harry smirked, shocking Jim.

“I'm no kid.” With that Harry loosened the leash he kept on his magic and apparated between them, his back to Jim.

“How?” She gasped and then her face went cold.
“No matter, time to die little boy.”

“Better than you have tried bitch.” Harry snarled, raising the knife defensively. Jim was the closest person to a father he'd had since Sirius except Jim wasn't seeing him through memories of a dead friend. For that harry would defend him with his very life. She waved her hand at him and he felt a force slam into his body but as he'd slipped into a battle mind set a shield had automatically sprung up around him and absorbed the blow.

“Impressive.” She had to admit and then she moved, too fast to be human but Harry had trained with a werewolf and had fought against other `creatures'. Besides he'd been able to catch a snitch since he was eleven so fast movement was no problem for him to track. He spun to avoid her blow while delivering one of his own.

Jim backed away and began searching for anything that would help against a demon before his hand came to rest on a bottle of holy water. Wrenching the cap off he hurled it at the two and watched as confusion flickered across Harry's face as his opponent backed off screaming. But he quickly pressed his advantage and shoved her into the wall. Jim could only watch in awe as with a wave of Harry's hand the wall seemed to liquefy as it flowed over her and then solidified into thick bands, pinning her limbs and waist.

“You alright Pastor Jim?” Harry asked tightly, his gaze never wavering from his opponent.

“Thanks to you. Can you hold her?” Jim asked, slowly moving forward.

“No problem. Want her conscious or unconscious?” Harry asked and she screamed in rage.

“You can't do this!”

“Watch me.” Harry's answer was as cold as ice and Jim shivered slightly. Seeing his reaction Harry flinched slightly.

“Regna terrae, cantate Deo, psallite Domino qui fertis super caelum caeli ad Orientem Ecce dabit voci Suae vocem virtutis, tribuite virtutem Deo.
Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica.
Ergo draco maledicte et omnis legio diabolica adjuramus te. cessa decipere humanas creaturas, eisque aeternae Perditionis venenum propinare.
Vade, Satana, inventor et magister omnis fallaciae, hostis humanae salutis. Humiliare sub potenti manu dei, contremisce et effuge, invocato a nobis sancto et terribili nomine, quem inferi tremunt.
Ab insidiis diaboli, libera nos, Domine. Ut Ecclesiam tuam secura tibi facias libertate servire, te rogamus, audi nos. Ut inimicos sanctae Ecclesiae humiliare digneris, te rogamus, audi nos.
Ut inimicos sanctae Ecclesiae te rogamus, audi nos.
Terribilis Deus de sanctuario suo. Deus Israhel ipse truderit virtutem et fortitudinem plebi Suae. Benedictus Deus. Gloria Patri.” Harry watched as Pastor Jim began to chant in Latin, automatically translating it in his head only to frown, an exorcism?

Harry backed up a step as the woman screamed and a cloud of black smoke left her body and went through the floor. She slumped against her restraints as blood began to flow from suddenly appearing wounds.

“Harry let her down.” Jim snapped and Harry undid the spell, Jim catching her limp body.
“Call 911.” Jim told him but Harry ignored him, coming to kneel beside them.

“They won't get here in time.” He argued and then sliced her shirt open with the blade he was still holding.
“Shit.” He swore as he saw the wounds.
“What'd she do, jump off a building?” Harry grumbled as he set to work trying to make sure she'd live long enough to get to professional help. Realising what Harry was doing Jim went to call the ambulance himself.

Harry collapsed into a pew as the ambulance took off with a squeal of tires towards the hospital. Their story had been simple, the young woman had staggered into the church looking for help and Harry had supplied first aide while Jim called for help. Harry had enforced the story with a small burst of magic, not wanting Jim or himself to be questioned too thoroughly. And now that it was over he knew he had a lot of questions to answer.

“Harry?” Jim called and Harry turned to look up at him tiredly.

“Can we do this over tea please?” Jim nodded, unable to deny that pleading look. Harry followed him over to the house and watched at the older man made the tea.
“Guess it's time to come clean.” Harry muttered, taking a sip of the warm liquid.
“I was born Hadrian James Potter to James Potter and Lily Evans on July 31st 1980, fulfilling a prophecy that would be made nearly a year later. My parents were both graduates of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, a school I attended from the time I turned eleven until I came here. When I was fifteen months the first part of the prophecy was fulfilled as the Dark Lord murdered my parents and tried to kill me only for the curse to backfire and leave him as nothing but a shade for the next thirteen years. I was left with my mother's sister and her family who made my childhood a living hell. They hated me for being different, something I had no say in. The when I was eleven I discovered this wonderful world existed and I was a part of it. But each year I faced my parent's murderer and got away pretty much by pure luck as he got stronger at every fight. Then in my fifth year he lured me into the Department of Mysteries and I watched the closest person I had to a father fall through the Veil of Death. Not even a month later I faced him again and fulfilled the prophecy in that same room. But one of his followers had followed us and he attacked me, I dodged back and fell through the same Veil that had claimed my Godfather. But I didn't die, you found me.” Harry had recited his story in monotone, fighting against the pain and anger his past brought up.

“What...what are you?” Jim asked softly and Harry raised his head to make eye contact.

“I was a Wizard, the Chosen One, the Boy-Who-Lived. Now I'm just Harry Potter.” Harry answered sadly. Jim stared at him in shock, going over everything Harry had said, and everything he hadn't.

“Have you used magic since coming here?” Jim asked and Harry shook his head.

“I warded my apartment in St. Cloud but just the very basics out of habit. I would have given up magic if it meant I could live my life in peace and it seemed like here I got that chance.” Harry hesitantly put his now empty cup down and met Jim's eyes again. Jim took a deep breath, he'd seen witches before but Harry was nothing like them. He was one of the kindest people Jim knew though he did have a temper and the fear in his eyes right then, fear that Jim would turn him away...he couldn't do it.

“I need to call the Winchester's and warn them they've got trouble coming. Then what do you say to a home cooked meal? I think we could both use an early night.” Jim offered and Harry relaxed, smiling at him.

“Sounds good.

TBC...
This story archived at http://imagine.e-fic.com/viewstory.php?sid=256