Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Fargo blinks, staring at the two men. Pink hair, they have pink hair. Stark's hair is a darker pink than Carter's, but then his hair was darker to begin with. Fargo takes a quick glance at the other men's crotches, yes the carpet does match the curtains he thinks, trying vainly not to have hysterics.

Stark,seeing Fargo's look downward, grabs the suit Fargo had brought him, shoving Jack's uniform in his direction. "Fargo, quit gawking and find out what is going on." he orders, dressing quickly before walking out leaving Carter staring at his back.

The slamming of the door knocks Carter out of his daze and he quickly dresses, getting his gear and heading out of Global Dynamics. He ignores the stunned looks his appearance gets as he walks out of Global Dynamics, employees stopping in the corridor and staring at his back as he passes them.

Getting in his patrol vehicle, he radios the sheriff office to let Jo know he's heading back to town, nodding to Allison as he passes her in the parking lot.

"Nathan, what's going on? I just passed Jack Carter and . . ." Allison's voice trails off as she enters her ex-husband's office. "Okay, what happened?" she asks, dropping into a seat by the door.

"Allie, I have no idea what you're talking about." Nathan says, not looking up from his computer screen. "What makes you think anything happened? Fargo," he bellows, "Did you get that information I wanted?"

"No Sir, Dr. Stark, not yet." Fargo calls from outside, scurrying off to complete his mission.

"You're in here, normally you'd be somewhere in Global Dynamics making Fargo run to catch up." Allison begins ticking off items on her fingers. "Jack Carter just was leaving the parking lot when I arrived. And oh yes, you both have pink hair." She says dryly. "Now something had to have happened."

Jack stops at the Cafe Diem on his way to the office, walking inside to have all conversation suddenly stop like somebody had flipped the light switch. "Vincent, give me a coffee with sugar to go." he shakes his head as he walks over to the counter. On the way to town he'd decided to follow Nathan's lead, deny everything.

Vincent blinks, eyes never leaving Jack's face as his hands pour a large coffee for him, handing it over without a word.

"Thanks Vincent," Jack sighs as he takes a sip. "I needed this. I probably have a stack of paperwork as tall as I am when I get back to the office and I needed caffeine to deal with it." He walks out of the building, quietly counting off the seconds before everybody inside start talking again. He smirks as he gets behind the wheel, Stark has the right idea sometimes, being evil can be fun.

Jo glares at the door when it finally opens. What the hell has Carter been up to? She opens her mouth to say something scathing and stops abruptly when Jack enters the office, the outside light making his hair almost transparent as he walks into the room, stopping to switch on the coffee maker before walking over to his desk.

"Okay, how many billion pieces of paperwork do I need to fill out for the incident at Global Dynamics?" he asks Jo, finally looking at her.

"Were there any injuries?" She asks, blinking. His hair looks like the cotton candy she used to get at the county fair when she was younger.

"No, maybe a few bruises but nothing major." Carter answers, pulling that form out.

"Property damage?" she asks, still blinking.

"Minimal unless the pink foam stains something." Carter pulls out the paperwork for that too.

"Any untoward physical contact?" Jo asks.

"Not unless you count the bucket brigade we had to form to get rid of that stuff. Water made it grow and the drying chemicals didn't work. We finally ended up shoveling it all up and carrying it out of the room to be disposed of." He grabs that form too because if he didn't fill it out Stark would be snarking he wasn't doing his job properly.

"What caused the . . . pink foam?" Jo waves a hand in his direction as the door opens and Henry comes in. "Jack, why did Vincent just call the garage and demand I come see you?" he asks, dropping into a chair before looking at him. His voice trails off as he exchanges looks with Jo as the phone rings. Jo quickly picks it up and takes down some information.

"Small problem outside of town." she says, grabbing her jacket off the coat rack.

"Do you want me to handle it?" Jack asks, going to stand up.

"NO!" Jo says quickly in a high pitched squeak. She nervously lowers her voice and repeats herself, "No why don't you stay here and get a start on the paperwork, tell Henry what happened and maybe he can help you figure out what paperwork you have to fill out.And I'm going to find out what the hell happened at GD." she says softly. "Did you see Dr. Stark or Dr. Blake while you were there?"

"Yeah, I was in Stark's office when the alarm started blaring, I spent most of the last three hours with him." Jack gets up and refills his coffee cup, silently offering the pot to the others who quickly decline. "And I saw Allison in the parking lot as I left Global Dynamics, she seemed . . . startled for some reason."

"Gee, I wonder why." Jo mutters as she leaves the office.