Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Jack hides a smile as he watches Henry watch him without making it look like he's watching him as they go over the incident reports he needs to fill out. Bending to pull something out of the bottom drawer has him hissing and holding his back.

"Jack?" Henry asks touching him gently on the shoulder as he slowly straightens up.

"Back spasm." Jack gasps out. Henry finds the spasming muscle and gently rubs until he relaxes.

"Your back is just a mass of knots." Henry says, gently moving his hands on Jack's back. "Lie down on one of the bunks, I'll rub them out." Reaching for the emergency medical supplies, which includes things you would not find outside a major hospital, he pulls out a bottle of topical anesthetic/muscle relaxer and leads Jack to one of the cells, lying him face down on the cot after helping him off with his shirt. Jack buries his face in his arms, turning his head slightly so he can see the door of the sheriff office.

"What the hell happened?"

"I was called up to Global Dynamics by Fargo, to go over something or other when there was an explosion at one of the labs." Jack says into his arm as Henry straddles him and begins pouring the liquid onto his back. He tenses automatically when Henry's hands descend on his back, but a few soothing words has him relaxing as Henry begins to work.

"What caused the explosion?"

Jack starts to shrug but thinks better of it. "No idea, when we got there they were picking themselves up off the floor. Some chemicals spilled during the blast though, and it created a six inch pink foam that covered everything."

"Six inch pink foam." Henry says in disbelief.

"Six inch pink foam." Jack repeats. "It covered everything in there."

"Why are you so stiff?" Henry asks, pressing on his back.

"The chemicals used to dry spills didn't do anything and water only made it grow, we finally ended up starting a bucket brigade of people with pails and shovels to scrape it up for disposal. The foam isn't heavy, but after the first twenty pails, you'd swear it weighed fifty pounds. I left when we got most of the lab cleaned out, they were deciding on how to clean everything else."

"Pink foam." Henry says again.

"Six inch pink foam that was hard as a rock." Jack says, moaning as Henry finds yet another knot of tense muscle. I don't know what Stark is going to do with it all."

Henry sighs. "I'm sure Nathan will find something to do with it." he continues rubbing Jack's back until all the muscles stop spasming and covers him with the shirt when he hears a small snore coming from the other man.

"Carter, come in." Jo calls from the radio. Henry grabs it off Jack's shirt before it can wake the other man.

"Deacon here," he says quietly.

"Where's Carter?" Jo asks, standing on the step of her patrol vehicle, mike in hand as she looks out at the scene in front of her. She releases the button and briefly wonders why the hell would Henry be answering Carter's radio. "Over."

"Asleep, he had a muscle spasm bending down to retrieve something from his bottom drawer. I got him lying down, gave him a massage, and he fell asleep after wards." comes the response from the radio.

"Damn it, I'm going to need his help. I think I'm going to need a lot of help." she says, staring at the scene in front of her. Fargo is staring at the building in horror, Larry is gesturing wildly,Stark is staring at him with a 'what the hell did you do this time' look ignoring everything going on around him, and Taggart is staring at Nathan in glee. "Oh yeah," she says as she sees pink foam pressing up against one of the windows of the underground levels. "I definitely am going to need a lot of help. . . and shovels."