Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 0]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Story Notes:
this fic was spawned by Susie's (AKA Lindsay on the list) comment on Sylum that she didn't have a big mouth. A smart ass mouth yes, big, according to her dentist, no. I remembered a scene from an old Mash episode where a soldier played by George Wendt did something stupid and the scenes from Mythbusters with Adam and the ping pong balls. If you've seen the show, you know what I'm talking about.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: if you recognize the characters, I don't own them

Mac looks down at the body on the morgue slab, wondering yet again what the hell got her to do something that idiotic.

“I'd say about three or four beers,” Sid says, looking up at Mac. “I got the tox screen back, she was just over the line for legally drunk.”

“Okay, that makes sense. I can't see Lindsay being stupid enough to try this when she was sober. And the 911 call we got from the bar sounded like a drunken frathouse.” Mac says, looking at the 911 transcript in the folder.

“And how would you know what a drunken frathouse sounds like, Mac? I believe you went into the Marines just out of high school.” Sid says.

“I did, but the Marines put me through college. I worked security on the weekends to get some extra money and experience, we broke up a lot of frat parties.” Mac says. “Sid, you going to be able to get it out in one piece?”

“Oh yes, I might have to dislocate a jaw to do it,” Sid says, opening her mouth and moving the jaw around. “Help me roll her onto her side so it can come out.” he orders. Mac and Sid roll the body onto one side and a billiard ball falls out of her mouth onto the table.

“That would be your cause of death Mac, she tried getting it out, jamming it in deeper and suffocated.” Sid says, moving the jaw back into position with a click and closing her mouth.

“Sid, how the heck was she able to get the ball in her mouth in the first place? She's got a big mouth, but it's not that big.” Mac says.

“The muscles relaxed when she was drunk and it slipped right in. she couldn't get a good grip on the ball to try to remove it, and since she was drunk, she didn't think of going to a hospital to have it removed.”

“Funny,” Stella says, walking into the room, “I would have thought that she'd have known better.”

“Why, Stella To quote Montana herself, 'We don't have these in Montana'.” Dan says entering the room. 'Hmm, I'd have thought she'd have a bigger mouth as much as she talks.”