Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 0]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: if you recognize the characters, I don't own them.

"Hey Sid, got a new body for you," Sid looks through the slightly open door of his office, barely able to see Danny Messer over the stacks of paperwork. "We shouldn't need a full autopsy, manner of death was pretty obvious."

"Have Peyton do it Danny, I need to finish this paperwork today."

"Can't Doc, Peyton is your new arrival." Sid pushes himself away from the desk and runs out the door, stopping to stare at the figure on his table. He walks over and touches her forehead gently, turning to stare at Danny. "What happened?"

"I don't believe it, and I was there." Danny says, shaking his head. "Peyton had just finished an autopsy and was cleaning up, she heard Mac's voice in the doorway and turned to look at him, her foot slipped, she hit the tray and fell on a scalpel. It must have got her right in the heart, she was dead before she hit the floor."

Sid blinks, "help me undress her please, Danny?"

"Sorry Sid, one, I got a pile of paperwork taller than I am to fill out as the witnessing officer, and two, I didn't want to see that part of her when she was alive, I don't think it's changed any since she's dead. Don't know what the hell Mac saw in her, I would have thought he had better taste." He pats him on the shoulder. "Cheer up though, this gets you out of paperwork for a couple of hours."

"Yes, but now I have to find a new medical examiner." Sid pulls his glasses together with an audible click as two of his people start to undress the body.

"Call one of the local medical schools and see if they have any students who need a internship." Danny calls over his shoulder. "The kid gets job experience, it would be cheaper than hiring a new ME, and you got time to interview any applicants so you don't have to hire the first person who comes in because you're so overworked. Still say that's how we got stuck with Peyton." Danny waves behind him as he leaves the morgue, leaving Sid to turn back to the body.

"Well my dear, while it was nice of you to give me an excuse not to deal with paperwork, you didn't have to go to this extreme a measure."