Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 2]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Author's Chapter Notes:

I do not own any characters, TV shows, or channels mentioned in this story.

The third drabble to go with 'Free Writing'.


Dark and dreary, two words that can be used to describe the kitchen that Ziva David is currently standing in. Of course you would be right, after all the owner of said kitchen meant for it to be this way. Ziva stirs the Chunks that she is making only to have her cell phone go off. Reaching into her pocket she answers the call. “David.” “Tony? Why are you calling?” “It wasn’t his fault? That is an odd thing for him to say.” “The Truman show?” “Channel 12, I’ll see what I can do.”

A woman with two black pigtails comes into the kitchen to see Ziva hang up her phone and stare at it. “What’s going on? Did a case come up?” As Ziva opens her mouth Abby gasps, “Oh my god. Something’s happened hasn’t it? To who? Gibbs? Tony? McGee?”

Ziva try to interrupt her, “Abby.”

“Oh no. What happened? Are they really h…?” Abby continues only to be interrupted by Ziva.

“Abby! If you will let me talk I’ll tell you,” Ziva states watching as Abby huffs and the stares at her. “Tony called. It was odd something about McGee, The Truman Show? , and Channel 12. It didn’t really make sense, not that he usually does.”

“Oh, Okay so what did make sense?” Abby asks smiling again at the news that it wasn’t someone hurt.

Ziva turns off the burner as she answers, “He said McGee called saying that it wasn’t his fault. Then there was The Truman Show part. But at the end he said to watch Channel 12.”

Grabbing two bowls Abby tilts her head, “Huh. Yeah that’s a bit odd.” “Hey want to watch Channel 12 while we eat this dinner you owed me?” Questions Abby almost bouncing enough to tip some of the Chunks out of the bowl’s as Ziva serves it.

“Let’s, this is sounding, how you say, hinky.” Ziva takes her bowl and follows Abby into the Goth’s living room. She sits on the sofa watching Abby turn on the TV, all the while ignoring the very oddly shaped lamp on the end table next to her.

*time passes*

Two bowls sit on a coffee table empty as their owners sit on the couch staring at the TV.

“Wow. Um did you two really…?” Abby asks Ziva eyes wide.

“I plead the fourth,” Is the reply form Ziva.

“Fifth. You plead the fifth,” the Goth corrects her.

“Yes that,” Ziva agrees before turning back to the TV.

*more time*

Ziva blinks then turns to Abby and states with respect, “You are very good with a Stun Gun.”

“He deserved it! He was looking up my skirt,” Abby defends herself.

“I agree. I also agree with your statement of not picking up guys in a graveyard,” Ziva reassures her.

“Humph” Abby settles into the couch to watch the next episode.

*more time*

“Ziva! You gave Gibbs your gun?” gasps Abby.

“It is what your American movies always show,” Ziva explains, “I thought it was the right thing to do.”

Abby stares at her for a moment, “Just remember Gibbs isn’t kidding about what he said.”

“I know,” acknowledges Ziva.

*even more time*

“I can now see why Tony and McGee came back up with their jaws on the ground,” Ziva admits to Abby.

Abby pouts at her, “I thought it was a great costume.”

“It is. They clearly thought you were a vox? No the red canine thing that the English hunted,” Ziva tries to state.

“Fox,” the Goth supplies her.

“Yes a fox. You were a fox,” Ziva completes her statement.

Abby gives a big grin, “Why thank you Ziva.”

Uncertainly Ziva replies, “You’re welcome?”

There’s silence for a moment before Ziva remembers something. “McGee said it was not his fault.”

Abby looks at her, “What?”

Ziva explains, “Tony told me that McGee had said that it was not his fault.”

Abby thinks for a bit, “McGee’s a dead man?”

Nodding Ziva confirms, “Quite so.”

A short silence before Abby says, “I might help.”

“You’re more that welcome to,” Ziva assures her.

No more is said while the two women take their empty bowls into the kitchen, the TV showing the credits to the last episode to an empty room, except for the odd lamp.

Chapter End Notes:
No flames please. But advice and comments are welcome.