Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


"No, not this time." the Jo wearing her uniform says, dropping into a seat in front of his desk. She waves the other woman to a seat.

 

"What happened?" Carlisle asks.

 

"Looks we had a dimensional rip somewhere, at least on my end." the second Jo says. "Because I was clear on the other side of the country when I went to bed last night."

 

"Does Nathan know?" Carlisle asks with a sigh.

 

Deputy Jo nods. "We came up here to see if there was a way to find out which dimension she's from, Nathan's a little busy right now though, Allison's water just broke."

 

"Nathan with her?"

 

"Stark and Carter are with her." Deputy Jo says as the door opens and Carter sticks his head around the door. "Oh good, you're in here already. Carlisle, Nathan wants you to run MRIs on Jo, both of them. He thinks that he can pick up an energy signature that might lead to your home dimension." Carter nods at their visitor and quickly heads back to the room where the nurses are getting Allison settled.

 

"Umm, if you don't mind my asking, are Carter and Dr. Blake together?" Visitor Jo asks.

 

Deputy Jo shudders. "Ugh, no, Stark and Carter are together, but Stark had asked Dr. Blake to marry him again, she said yes, but there was an incident and everybody thought Stark had been killed on what was supposed to be their wedding day. When he got back, he and Carter finally admitted they had feelings for each other and got together, but Dr. Blake found out she was pregnant the same day Nathan returned to town and we got rid of that bitch Thorne. So they're together but they're helping Dr. Blake out with the . .."

 

"So horny I could fuck a table leg if I wouldn't get splinters part of her pregnancy?" Visitor Jo says dryly.

 

"Uh yeah, that part. I take it you've been there?"

 

"Oh hell no, but I've seen my parents dealing with that stage with my younger brothers and sisters." Visitor Jo snorts.

 

They get up and follow Carlisle out of the office to the MRI room, each of them taking turns lying on the bed and having a run through the machine. Nathan ducks in momentarily to look over Carlisle's shoulder when Allison kicks him out of the room.

 

Deputy Jo comes out of the room after the MRI and finds Carter leaning against the wall. "Henry wants one of us to come out to the Old McGuire farm, seems there's some strange energy readings."

 

"Probably from the disturbance that brought me here." Visitor Jo says, rubbing her arm lightly where Nathan had ordered blood drawn. "Is Beverly's guesthouse open?" She looks over at Nathan. "Unless you want me to stay here at Global Dynamics?"

 

"No, there's no need for you to stay at Global Dynamics, Carter or Lupo can drop you off. You'll need to turn the electricity on and pull sheets off the furniture though, I'll have somebody drop off a batch of groceries."

 

"Yeah, I'll probably need to eat something after I meditate." Visitor Jo says. It's not often she uses the talents her position as one of Ares High Priestesses grants her, but if her PDA and cell phone can't contact the family, prayer looks to be the only answer.

 

"Meditate?" Stark's head turns so quickly Visitor Jo idly wonders if it could do a 360 spin, "Would this meditation include ritual fasting and/or prayers?"

 

"Yes to both," Visitor Jo says. "I don't do it often, but I need to contact my family."

 

"You're staying here then, so we can put you on an IV if you need it." Nathan says. "Your electrolytes are probably out of balance from whatever brought you to our dimension, I don't want you passing out or anything else without somebody there to watch you." Nathan heads back into the delivery room, coming right back out with Allison's curses blistering his ears.

 

Visitor Jo snorts and walks in, finding Allison lying on the bed. She calmly sits down on the stool next to the bed, reaching over and taking her hand, massaging it as she pants her way through another contraction.

 

"I'd stay out here boys, looks like 'I've' got it well in hand." Jo snorts. "I'll head out to the farm." Neither man look like they're going to budge from their spots outside the delivery room. "Do you need me to check in on Zoe?"

 

"Yeah." Carter says. "I don't think I'm going to be home tonight."

 

Three long hours later, a baby's cry issues from the delivery room. Carter, who had been dozing off, nearly falls out of his seat, pulled back into his seat by Nathan's arm. "Congratulations Dr. Stark, Sheriff Carter, it's a. . ." the nurse who had came to the door heads back into the room at the call from Allison's ob/gyn.

 

Nathan quickly jumps to his feet, Carter a second behind him The nurse turns around and holds up two fingers. Twins?

 

"Congratulations Daddies, it's a girl and a boy. Your son weighed in at five pounds, six ounces, his younger sister weighs in at four pounds, two ounces."

 

Allison is settled in a bed a couple of hours later, waking from a nap to find Nathan and Carter sitting by the bed, each man feeding the baby in his arms. Alex is sleeping in a crib in the corner of the room.

 

"I am never, ever, ever doing that again." Allison scowls at Nathan. He smirks at her. "I hate you." she says, wincing as she tries to sit up. Carlisle helps her sit up, pushing pillows behind her as first Nathan, then Jack lay her children in her arms. Looking down at the babies, she coos and sighs. "At least wait until they're out of diapers?"

 

"Until you get pregnant again or have sex?" Jack asks with a smirk. "Abby didn't want to have sex until Zoe was five, she said when she was giving birth, that lasted until after the doctor cleared her for sex at her two month checkup."

 

"I need to check on Jo." Nathan says, walking over to the sink and washing his hands.

 

"Which one? Our Jo is out at the McGuire home with Fargo and Henry, she called when you were getting Allison settled in here so the news that the babies are here and we have a visitor from another dimension is no doubt making the rounds of Vincent's news network." Carlisle smiles as Esme leans over Allison's shoulder, cooing at the babies. He'd called her when Allison delivered the babies, she'd picked up the bag Allison had packed at her house and when the stores opened no doubt a number of baby gifts would be appearing. "And our visitor? Is currently sitting naked in the middle of a private room in the infirmary chanting. She's asked for herbs for ritual purification, nothing that's dangerous so Fargo will be delivering them as soon as he can get them." A squeaking sound can be heard. "And I think he just walked in on her."

 

A blushing bright red Fargo hurriedly runs down the hall, Nathan rolling his eyes and grabbing him by the shoulder. "Fargo, report!" he orders.