Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 2]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Story Notes:
Disclaimers: Buffy and company belong to Joss Whedon and company. CSI: New York is property of CBS and Jerry Bruckheimer, etc. Harry Potter is the property of J. K. Rowlings, etc.

Pausing mid step, as Luna's voice rang out in a very odd tone, Harry turned to stare at her. Her eye's were wide, and staring off into the distance, far more than usual as her voice deepened to a far more solemn tone, like he'd heard Trelawney's do once before.

'Seek the one who See's, For he shall set you truly free. He has broken many a prophecy, Help for you there can be.'

With that Luna, started to slowly shiver and sank down to the floor, like a puppet with it's strings cut.

"Luna," Harry shouted, hurrying to her side, not even noticing a certain blond, who quickly scurried off heading towards the Great Hall.

*****

"Madam Pompfrey," Harry yelled, as he arrived at the infirmary, Luna in his arms. "Help, please...."

"No need to yell young man," Poppy called, as she made her way out of her office. "Oh my, what happened here?"

"I'm not totally sure ma'am. One moment she was fine, than the next her eyes were wide, and she was speaking in a weird voice. Then she suddenly collapsed right after that."

Pulling her wand out, Madam Pompfrey, slowly began casting a series of charms to check out the status of Luna, clucking under her breath as the results slowly unveiled themselves.

"Very well Mr. Potter, you can return to the Great Hall for the Leaving Feast. Miss Lovegood, will be fine in a few hours. She apparently had a sudden burst of gifts and uttered her first prophecy."

"She did?"

Poppy just nodded at that, keeping a close eye on the young lady, as she stirred restlessly. "I'm sure the headmaster will want to speak to you about it later, but for now, head down to the meal Mr. Potter. Nothing you can do for now."

*****

"Professor Snape," Draco called, as he saw his Head of House, and mentor pause at the entrance to his office. "I need to talk to you for a minute sir."

Letting out one of his patented sighs, Snape nodded once. "I assume that this is fairly important and not just a chance to annoy me again Draco?"

Letting a small smirk cross his face Draco just nodded once in return.

Opening the door to his office, Severus motioned his favored student in ahead of him and then closed the door.

"Very well then Draco, what is so important that you are out of the house, after hours?"

"Can you put up some privacy wards first, sir. I'd rather not have anyone or anything overhearing this converation."

Raising a single eyebrow at that, Severus nodded once, drawing his wand and tracing an intricate pattern in the air, as he spoke several very soft words.

"Very well then Draco, this had indeed be of the greatest importance."

Draco just smirked a bit more at that. "Would me having heard the cryptic prophecy Lovegood, gave to Potter count sir?"

Snape drew in a sudden, harsh breath at that. "You overheard it?"

Still smirking, Draco nodded once. "The entire, short thing that it was. Rather cryptic, but I figured you are the best person to help me figure it out sir. After all, you do know a great deal more than my father does. Plus, it could be to both of our advantages, if we handle it right."

"Very well, I trust you know how to draw a memory out and place it in a pensieve?"

"Of course, Professor."

Moving to a cabinet, Severus drew out his own personal pensieve, and set it on the desk, between the two of them.

"Do so, then Draco."

Watching as the young man slowly did as he was told, he smiled as the memory was slowly deposited into the pensieve. Gently he tapped the edge of the pensieve with the tip of his wand, causing the surface to slowly rise up in the appearance of Luna Lovegood, and carefully watched as the words were spoken.

Frowning, Severus muttered softly under his breath. The phrase that Lovegood had used rang a bell, but he couldn't quite place it just yet. It would definitely require time to research it further.

"I take it something about it bothers you Proffessor?"

"It vaguely sounds familliar. For now, I can't place it though. It will take some time to research," Snape offered at last. "I would like to keep the memory, that way nothing and no one else will share it. Since it's now removed from your memory."

Draco shot one eyebrow up at that. "Why?"

Snape just let a smirk of his own cross his face. "Do you really think that your father wouldn't take the opportunity to seize the advantage first?"

Draco sighed, but nodded at that.

"Besides which, I owe your mother a debt, and I promised to make sure you would be safe while you are here at school," Severus said simply. "Leaving you with this knowledge, would increase your risk."