Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Dean looked over as Bobby hung up on his mystery caller.

“Well?”

“I don’t like this. Apparently there’s been an increase in demonic activity out in Stanley, Idaho. Unfortunately we’re the closest hunters available.”

“Surely someone’s closer than us? What about one of the LA group? That PI firm or whatever that Xander knows.” Dean asked, unable to believe it and sharing Bobby’s suspicion.

“Busy with their yearly thing. No way is Xander ready for this and I don’t want to leave him here alone.” Bobby suddenly chuckled and Dean shot him a worried look before realising what had him amused. They’d both seen the way Xander and Sam looked at each other when they thought the other wasn’t looking. Bobby had even sat Dean down to make sure that he was okay with it, surprised when Dean had admitted to telling Sam to sit on Xander if necessary.
“But I don’t like the idea of pushing them.”

“If we leave it up to them we’ll be old and grey by the time they get their act together. Well, you’ll be older. You remember what Sam was like after Xander....I just want Sam to be happy Bobby.”

“Alright. We’ll take the hunt and leave Sam to watch over Xander. But that’s all we’re going to do.”

“Agreed.”

-----------------------------------
Xander watched as his uncle and Dean drove away, silently cursing in his head. How could they do this to him? If only Bobby had given the hunt to the brothers or even taken Sam with him; but no, obviously the Powers wanted prolong his torture. He could feel Her purring in delight at what they could spend their time doing and he had to fight himself not to react the way She wanted. Bad Hyena! He’d just have to try and stay away from Sam as much as possible...yeah he was dreaming. He still had issues being alone for too long which was obviously part of the reason Sam had been left behind.

“You okay?” He didn’t jump because he’d smelt and heard Sam coming but he had to struggle not to lean into his touch as a gentle hand landed on his shoulder.

“Yeah. Just feels weird with Uncle Bobby actually leaving. He’s barely let me out of his sight the last few weeks.” Xander lied; Sam nodded, easily accepting the lie.

“Alright. Want some lunch?”

“Sure.”

------------------------------------
Xander stood in the doorway watching Sam sleep and waging an internal battle that he was losing. The hyena wanted to claim their mate and she was tired of him saying no. With a low growl the brief battle was won as the hyena surged into the front of Xander’s mind, his brown eyes once again glowing an eerie green. Xander could only watch as his body moved over to the bed and then straddled Sam.

Sam’s eyes snapped open as he felt a weight settle on his legs. He started to reach for a weapon only to pause as he recognised Xander in the dark.

“Xander?” He asked, wondering if the younger male had had another nightmare.

“Shhh.” Was the whispered reply before Xander’s lips were on his. Sam froze for a second before kissing Xander back and reaching up to pull him closer. He smiled as they separated only to freeze when he saw the green glow.

“No!” Sam bucked up, trying to dislodge the hyena controlled male but all that did was push a certain part of their bodies together. Sam fought not to moan at the sensation and to concentrate on what he was doing. He got his arms between them and ignored the warning growl.
“We are not doing this. You let Xander back in control, now! If Xander wants this then he can make the first move, not you.” Sam glared angrily at the primal and forced himself to hold his ground. He watched as green faded and Xander slumped against him bonelessly.
“Xander?” He lowered his arms and Xander collapsed on top of him.

“Sorry.” Sam hugged Xander as he heard the whispered apology.

“It’s okay Xander.” Sam told him calmly and then decided to show him it was alright. He tugged Xander’s head up and then gently kissed him. Xander’s eyes went wide in shock and Sam let him go.

“Sam?” Xander asked warily, backing away. Sam let him go for now, while he hated the fact that the hyena had pushed Xander, in a way, Sam was glad. He hadn’t planned to kiss Xander first, but Xander looked like had needed it. He’d been too afraid to say anything without some sort of sign from Xander but now he had to do something.

“I’ve liked you since we met Xander and then...then it took Dean to point out it was more than that. I’m in love with you, have been for a while. I just...didn’t want to admit it, even to myself. I was scared. Scared you wouldn’t feel the same way, scared of Dean’s reaction, just plain scared. And then we found you and you were...you were dead and I was too late.” Sam explained quietly, not looking at Xander.

Xander stared at Sam in shock. Sam liked him? Sam loved him? He knew what Sam meant by being too late. He’d felt the same way when Sam had died and yet he’d never said anything when Sam came back. Yet here Sam was, having the courage to say what he hadn’t been able to.

“Xander?” Sam looked up at him and Xander sat back down on the bed.

“I...love you too. Have for ages. After you...I wanted to tell you but I was scared and then it was too late and I’m sorry.” Xander babbled and Sam laughed softly.

“We’re a pair aren’t we?” Sam asked and Xander smiled. Sam reached out and slowly pulled Xander closer. Xander relaxed and let him, shifting around so he was comfortably cradled by Sam’s longer limbs. He ignored the sound of purring in the back of his mind coming from his self-satisfied primal. He snarled half heartedly at her and received a soft laugh for his troubles.
“Let’s get some sleep.” Sam spoke after a while of just sitting in silence. Xander went to get up and go to his room but Sam grabbed his wrist and then blushed.
“You can sleep here, if you want too. Just sleep.” Sam offered and Xander thought about it for a second.

“Okay.” Sam lay down and then Xander slid in beside him. Sam pulled him closer and let Xander lay his head over Sam’s heart. Comforted by the steady beat Xander soon drifted into a deep, peaceful sleep.

TBC...