Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 3]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Author's Chapter Notes:

I don't own them, nor did I write the fic that spawned this drabble of madness.

Buffy and company are the property of Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, etc.

Stargate SG1 and Atlantis belong to SCIFi, etc.

 

Slash, non-graphic, John/Xander. Yep cute kid, kind of, warning as well. 

 

Hey Vo, care to take this bit of insanity and run with it? <g>


"Dad," Junior called out, looking up from the homework that he was working on.

"What," Xander called back, still going over the research he was looking into with the damn prophecies.

"You know it's really a shame that your single..."

"No. Do not even go there Junior, it's a dead topic."

"But Dad, I've got all your memories, so I know what you like and don't like..."

"Drop it. Consider it a closed topic son."

"Fine. Even though Aunt Dawn, was thinking about who would be perfect to set you up with..."

"I'll deal with her later on myself. Don't take after your Aunt's with their plotting and scheming. It would be a really, really bad thing for you to do son."

Letting out a sigh, Junior mentally crossed off the first step in his plan. "Still, it would be nice if you had someone Dad."

*****


Staring at the e-mail from his 'son' John Sheppard, swore softly under his breath. This was definitely not something that he felt like dealing with. Reading it over for a second time, he slowly typed out his own reply to what his son had to say and hit send. Granted it wouldn't be as speedy of a response as if he was still back on Earth, but when the Daedalus returned to Earth, all of the various e-mails would be sent on.

Junior did know that it would take time for any responses to get through, so that gave him time to plan his own counter arguements further for when he finally got to take some leave time.

After all, just because he had his and his other dad's memories, didn't mean he was all that right in what was best for them.

*****

Pausing at the door to Dr. Weir's office, Colonel Sheppard, knocked and waited for her to acknowledge him.

"Come in John," Dr. Weir called out, mentally taking note of his expression. "Bad news?"

Closing the door behind him, John just nodded. "You could say that. I'm sure you recall Rodney swearing about the fact that the one Asgard used some of my DNA and another person's to create a son for the two of us."

Laughing ever so slightly Elizabeth nodded. "I do remember that. I also remember you pitching a huge fit about it, and the 'dog' that General O'Neill sent us as well."

"Yeah well, Junior apparently has some plans, that need nipped in the bud. His other father is trying to, but apparently he's not making much headway there."

Elizabeth barely managed to stifle her laughter at that. She'd heard all about what John's son's other 'father' was like. Considering how stubborn both of the men in question were supposed to be, she wasn't very surprised at how 'strong willed' the child was turning out to be.

"I see. So what is the problem with Junior?"

John coughed and blushed at that. "I'd rather not say. It's a tad delicate of a matter. If it's at all possible, I"d like to request some emergency family leave time, to deal with it Elizabeth."

"I think we might be able to swing that, as things are relatively peaceful at the moment, but it wouldn't be for more than two weeks at the most. Subject to early recall if something happens."

"I understand and I wouldn't ask if it wasn't absolutely nessecary."

"Very well then Colonel Sheppard, When the Daedalus is ready to return, I"ll make sure you are sent with her."

*****

Hearing the computer beep, signalling that he had a new e-mail Junior quickly checked it. He'd been figuring it would be sometime soon that he should get a reply from his other father to his original e-mail.

Reading it over, he frowned slightly at the strongly worded response that he clearly wasn't thinking the whole issue through.

Hearing a second beep, he finished reading the message and flagged it to reply to later on.

Refreshing the screen, he read the new e-mail that had arrived right after the previous one. A smile lit his face up as he realized that his other father had decided to deal with this issue in person after all.

Grabbing his cell phone, he shot a quick text message off to Dawn, asking her to call him, if she was free.

*****

"General O'Neill," Colonel Sheppard said, as he arrived back at Cheyenne Mountain.

"At ease Colonel. I've already heard about and approved your request for some family leave. I know Jon's mentioned something about Junior having some crazy plans going on."

"Thank you sir, and yeah he does. I'm going to see if between myself and Xander, we can straighten the issue out. If not, I'm going to be screaming myself hoarse at him."

Jack just laughed at that. "Just remember Colonel, he knows everything up till a relatively recent point that both of you know. So try reasoning with him like he's an adult. It may help a little bit."

"If you say so sir. Although I'd rather not deal with his plan, as I'm ready to get drunk, just from reading the e-mail he sent me."

Jack just smirked at that. "I do understand John. Just keep in mind, 'Don't Ask, Don't "Tell'. I'm not asking, and I don't want you to hear about it."

Blushing at that Sheppard just nodded once. "Understood sir."

*****


Grabbing the phone, Xander answered it distractedly. "Hello," listening to the voice on the other end, he began to swear softly under his breath at what Sheppard had to say.

"Yeah well, I already warned him off on the idea he had, but apparently he didn't listen that well....you're more than welcome to pop in and have the conversation with him yourself. Yeah well, I wish you luck, as apparently as stubborn as either of us are, he's far worse."

Xander let out a snort of laughter at that. "Yeah, pull the other one. If we did that, he'd never drop the idea.... Fine we'll talk when you get here. Need me to pick you up or are you grabbing a rental vehicle on the way in?"

Nodding at that, Xander hung up the phone, and slowly began to count to a hundred, backwards in Latin. Reaching zero after several long minutes he took a few slow breaths to calm himself down further.

"Junior, get your rear down here right now. We need to have a talk," Xander called, his voice cold as ice.

"Coming Dad," a hesitant voice called from upstair.

Reluctantly Junior made his way down stairs, knowing that obviously something that he'd been planning had been found out. Finally coming to a halt in front of Xander, he waited for the inevitable lecture, his eyes downcast.

"As I'm sure you can guess that was John Sheppard on the phone Junior. He did get your e-mail and had a number of things to say about it son."

"Oh," Junior offered in a soft voice.

"Anything else, you have to say before we discuss what your punishment is going to be son?"

Letting out a sigh, Junior shook his head no. "Not like either of you are willing to listen to me anyway."

Xander let out a sigh of his own at that. "Junior...."

"Dad, just hear me out, all right...please."

Heaving a sigh of annoyance Xander reluctantly nodded his agreement.

"First off, can we both agree, I know both you and Dad really well? Especially since I've basically got all of both sets of your memories?"

Rolling his eyes, Xander had to agree to that.

"Can we also agree, that since I do have both sets of your memories, I can look at both of you with a lot more impartiallity than you would look at your own selfs, or at each other with?"

"Not the point son. Even if one, or even more of a stretch both of us were like that, it's not a workable option."

Junior shook his head at that. "Yeah it is a workable option. Remember the demonic travel agency? Do you really think that they, or the original Loki, couldn't get the two of you back and forth at need? Especially if I asked, and used the puppy dog eyes?"

Xander let out a small snort at that. "I'll concede that you might be able to get them to do so. But that's all I'm willing to concede Junior. You may have both of our memories, and all the rest, but that doesn't mean that it could work. You're missing out on two major considerations...or actually three if you want to be technical about it."

"Yay. He's in the Air Force and on what's 'technically' a top secret project. That's two of the points, and I know the 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' crap is an issue. The other point your making of the distance, I already covered Dad. Why can't the two of you just admit, maybe. Just a tiny maybe I could be right?"

"If you have all of our memories, you tell me Junior."

Rolling his eyes, Junior let out a snort at that. "Hey Loki, a little support here please?"

Before the last word had been spoken a loud rumble sounded. With a flash of light and an even louder rumble, Loki appeared.

"Get over it kid, the mini you is right this time. Much, as I hate to admit it, he's got more than a few good points for you two to consider. I'm not going to 'force' the issue, but if you two did get together, it might be the best thing for the both of you."

Shuddering, Xander shook his head slowly.

"Yeah, sorry but it would be a really good idea. Part of why I gave the two of you a kid, indirectly as it is. The more you fight it, the more I'm tempted to make it a Divine Order."

"Please don't, Loki," Junior said gently. "Trust me, if you try and force either of them, they'll rebel against it even harder."

Staring at the young champion that he'd chosen, Loki smirked slightly, as he followed the thoughts in the young mans head. Chuckling softly, he smiled at the one idea.

"Now I'm very sure of why I chose you kid. We'll see about it, all right?"

"Yes Loki," Junior said with a grin of his own. "Maybe I could pop up for a visit after the Dad's get done lecturing me later tonight?"

"I think that could be arranged," Loki offered with a smile of his own. "After all, my chosen champion does need to learn a few special lessons. I'll bring him back in a day or two, so you and Sheppard can talk about things."

*****

Staring at John, Xander raised his beer in salute. "Here's to the madness of not only our son, but of Loki taking his side in this 'discussion'."

John choked on the sip of beer he was swallowing at that. "Oh please tell me, your joking. Loki isn't taking Junior's side in this whole discussion. That would just be too much for me to handle..."

Xander shook his head slowly and sighed. "He's said, for the moment he's not going to make it a 'Divine Order', but that it is one of the things he would like to see happen."

John shivered at that thought. "Any way we could talk sense into the son and/or Loki?"

Xander let out a cackle at that.

"Never mind, I should have realized that won't happen either. So what are we going to do about this whole mess then?"

"Not a damn clue Sheppard. If you have one, feel free to share. At the moment all I can think of is trying to wait it out and show them that it's not going to happen. But if Loki decides to force the issue....well let's just say Gods have near infinite patience, and he's got one hell of a lot of creativity to push the issue."

John shivered at that, setting down his beer he shifted till he was facing Xander more comfortably. "Given, that both the son and Loki are trying to force the issue, and since he has both of our sets of memories, should I even ask?"

Xander just smiled at that. "You can ask whatever you want John, but I can't promise that I'll answer. If you're asking am I that way, the answer is maybe. I've done it a few times, but it's been very casual and more about stress relief than anything serious. So that leaves the ball in your court. Are you?"

Staring at Xander, John considered things for a minute before hesitantly nodding a tiny bit. "Yeah, but I've not really had the chance to act on it. After all, there is that pesky, Don't Ask, Don't Tell rule and all that."

"Well, I promise not to tell..." Xander said letting his words slowly drift off suggestively.

"And that's all good, but I thought neither of us was going to give in on this issue?"

Xander gave a lop sided shrug at that. "I don't like being forced into something. If it does happen, then I'll leave it up to you to make the first move or not. If it does, it's going to be a matter of equal give and take though."

John shivered at that, the thoughts of Xander being on the bottom, and then the two of them flip flopping briefly passing through his mind.

Xander let a tiny smile light his face, as he saw John shiver. "Happy thought there?"

Gulping, John just nodded, not sure what to say.

"Like the thought of me taking you, or were you taking me? Because, I have to say both are workable for me..." Xander said trailing off as he noticed the blush appear on John's cheeks. "Or maybe you like something a bit more exotic...a bit more daring..." Xander offered, dropping his voice down to the point where John had to pay close attention to what was being said.

"Xan...Xander...."

"All up to you John. I won't force the issue, or make the first move. But I can promise to show you everything you can imagine...and then some."

Gulping, John leaned in closer and let his lips just brush against Xander's ready to withdraw immediately if it didn't feel right.

Pulling back slightly, he screwed up his courage and leaned in once again, this time taking his time and letting the kiss slowly develop.

At last, the two of them pulled back, gulping for air.

"I trust that answers the question for both of us," Xander offered finally. "I know it definitely does for me..."

"Oh yeah, if the rest is just as good as that..."

Xander chuckled at that, "Oh trust me the rest is a lot better. Your call if you want to take it further tonight or not..."

*****

Rolling over, John propped himself up on one arm and looked at the young man sleeping beside him. The face so relaxed while he slept, the worries and fears momentarily banished.

Grinning as he watched the eyes suddenly popped open, he shook his head ever so slightly. "Morning sexy, I hope I didn't wake you up because I was watching you."

"Nah, nearly time for me to be up anyway. But I do have to admit this is definitely a nice way to wake up."

"Yeah, that it is Xander. Even if we can't do it all the time, at least we can enjoy it for now."