Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup
[Reviews - 0]
Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +


Story Notes:
Rating:  PG, Pre-Slash for now....
Summary: Be careful what you wish for...you just might get it.
Disclaimers: Sinbad and associated characters are property of Atlantis Films and All American Television. Buffy and associated characters belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, etc.

"Well now, it's more than past time to wake up young man, I don't have all day to sit around waiting on you, you know," a gentle voice said, as Xander slowly stirred in his sleep.

Cautiously Xander opened his eyes, staring around the room in shock, as he realized that it most definitely wasn't somewhere he'd ever been before.

"What the hell..."

Tutting, the older, gray bearded man shook his head. "Not hell, but rather somewhere quite different my lad. Still it is time to be up and moving, if you want to get any breakfast. I dare say that today is going to be a fairly busy and interesting day."

Staring at the older man, Xander simply shook his head in disbelief. "Then where is here and how did I get here?"

"As for where here is, this is my home, and I am Master Dim-Dim. As for how you arrived here, that I must admit is a bit of a mystery. I was hoping that you could help me figuring it out. If you can tell me what you last recall?"

"Hmmm I vaguely recall talking with my ex, a few weeks after we had broken up. I had said in passing how I wished that things..." Xander said slowly trailing off as he suddenly realized the impact of what he'd said and who he had said it to.

"Ahhhh, I see that you figured a part of the mystery out then, young man?"

"Yeah...yeah you could definitely say that I've figured it out." Xander frowned as he considered the implications. "If I ever see my ex again, I'm definitely going to 'repay' her for her 'kindness', as she apparently sees it."

Master Dim-Dim chuckled softly at that. "Well, that is the way events go at times. Still, perhaps, in some way she did have your best interests at heart young man. It is clear, you possess great talent, and raw power, but it seems that you are decidedly untrained."

"No....magic always goes wrong around me, I mean...it's not possible that I could..."

Tutting, Master Dim-Dim shook his head. "I believe, it is less a matter of magic going wrong about you, as simply the instinctive abilities you possess, working to safeguard you. Still, it does need trained. And you still have not offered me your name..."

"I'm sorry, Master Dim-Dim, I'm Xander...it's short of Alexander, which I really can't stand."

"Very well then Xander, it will take a fair bit of work, but I believe you can learn how to control your natural ability in time."

The End