Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chapter 10

Harry was curled into Sam’s side, looking like a contented kitten and Dean had to smother a grin at the sight. Sam had an arm around Harry, both of them almost asleep as the movie ended and the credits began to roll. He waited until they were fully asleep and then got up and carefully covered them with a blanket before turning the TV off and going to bed in the guestroom Harry had offered them for the night. He didn’t even bother with the knife under his pillow or salt lines, the whole apartment thrummed with the feel of Harry’s magic and he knew nothing would get in without alerting the wizard.

`````````
Harry watched the Winchester’s drive into the distance and walked slowly back into the building and up to his own apartment. He curled up on the couch, able to still feel Sam and Dean’s presence in the room. He tucked the blanket around himself, able to smell Sam’s scent. They had barely left and already he missed them, felt restless and uneasy in his own apartment. It was crazy, he barely knew them and yet he wanted to be with them, to have Sam holding him, making him feel safe with Dean teasing and watching over them. Dean….he was like the older brother Harry had never had. He stayed on the couch for several hours before making himself get up and get out his latest assignment, he had not gone through all this to drop out or fail now.

````````````
Jim watched Harry pace restlessly. He was worried about his ward and friend; he had never seen the young wizard so unfocussed. It was also odd for him to pop down for just the weekend, then again before he hadn’t known Harry could teleport. Jim had a pretty good idea why Harry was the way he was at the moment and it had to do with a certain young hunter. He didn’t understand what was happening between the two but he wouldn’t interfere unless it seemed harmful. He just hoped John was a lot more accepting of Harry before he found out what the two felt or else the man would not react well. “Harry sit down.” He called softly and Harry blinked before slumping into a chair.

“Sorry.”

“What’s wrong?”

Harry shrugged and ran a hand through his hair. In all the time Jim had known him Harry had never had a haircut which was sort of odd. “Nothing really. Just…..restless I guess.”

“Because Sam left?” He guessed and Harry tensed slightly. “What is going on between you two?” Jim asked gently.

“I don’t know. Whatever it is gets stronger every time I see him. I didn’t want him to go.”

“So go to him Harry, you know where they are right?”

Harry nodded. “But school…..”

“Harry you need to decide what is more important to your happiness, school or Sam or if there’s a way to have both.” Jim told him and Harry nodded again. “Whatever you choose I will support.”

```````
Sam struggled in his bonds, feeling groggy, as he stared at the vampires only to blink as they went flying, slumping to the ground. A figure moved into the doorway and Sam relaxed, feeling safe suddenly. “Harry.” The wizard smiled and flicked his wrist, the ropes holding him to the chair fell away.

“You hurt?” He reached out to gently skim over Sam’s body.

“Headache.” Sam admitted and Harry put his hand to his head, the pain fading. “Thanks. How did you know?”

“Didn’t, just needed to see you.” Harry answered, fingers gently moving through Sam’s hair and Sam smiled. He pulled Harry closer and leant in to kiss him softly.

“Missed you too.” He whispered when they parted.

Harry grinned. “Where’s Dean?”

“At a bar with another hunter we met. Be careful around him, I don’t trust him at all.” Sam told him as they left the house and Harry nodded.

“Want me to burn it down?” Harry asked, it would take care of the vampires inside.

“I…they didn’t hurt me, said they wanted to talk.”

“Oh…oops.”

“You were protecting me Harry, you didn’t know.”

“Not all vampires kill humans, maybe they don’t and wanted to tell you that.” Harry offered.

“They don’t?”

“Nope.”

“Huh. Guess we leave them then.”

TBC…