Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


“We’re really just going to leave them?” Harry demanded as they got back in Caleb’s truck. Caleb looked at him, then Jim and then sighed.

“Fine but if John asks it was the kids’ idea.” He grumbled, pulling out of the lot and onto the street but he didn’t go far. They found a spot to hide the truck and then split up on foot to watch the Winchester’s room. Harry grinned as he stretched out on his chosen rooftop; he was more stubborn than John. Something about Sam was drawing him to the older male and there was no way he would let them get hurt, even if he had to reveal his powers.

----------------------------
Harry flipped his cell open as it vibrated in his pocket.

“Are you seeing what I am!” Caleb’s frantic voice came through and Harry levered himself up enough to look around the surrounding streets. Emerald eyes widened in shocked horror though in another time and place he might find it amusing.

“If you’re seeing a wrecking ball heading for their room then yes.” He hissed back and then rolled to the edge of the roof and dropped off, landing lightly on his feet three stories down.
“I’ll try to stop it you warn them!” He yelled and hung up on Caleb’s spluttering.

Harry tore down the street, magic aiding his speed, towards the wrecking ball. He gathered his magic and flung it at the machine. Well known fact, magic and technology do not mix. With a scream of protesting metal the machine shut down but then the driver got out and grinned at him, eyes black. Harry snarled in anger and sent out a bludgeoning hex. The demon went flying back but was quickly up again.

“My Master wants to meet you boy.” The demon called out.

“Sorry but not into tea with demons.” Harry shot back as he summoned some snakes and sent them to surround the man. They may not stop him but they would slow him down. He swore under his breath as he caught sight of the others coming around the corner. So much for keeping his magic a secret. This demon wasn’t as powerful feeling as Meg’s had been but it was a better fighter and it had been a long time since Harry had been in such a prolonged fight, he was tiring.
“Someone mind doing that Latin thing please!” Harry yelled and dodged a wave of power that would have sent him flying. The thrown rebar connected painfully and he hissed as warm blood trickled down his side. Finally someone started chanting in Latin and he let out one last burst of magic to keep the demon relatively still.

“Harry!” Jim yelled as the demon left. Harry turned towards his guardian only for everything to go black.

Jim ran to Harry’s side and fell to his knees, searching desperately for any injuries. He winced as he found the bleeding wound in his right side but then ripped Harry’s shirt up as a makeshift bandage. He ignored the feeling of John’s glare on his back as he tended to the young wizard. The cocking of a gun made him stiffen.

“Get away from him Jim.” John demanded but Jim stayed where he was.

“Caleb give me a hand, we need to get him to a bed so I can stitch this.” Jim called, making eye contact with the younger hunter and pleading with his eyes. Caleb stared and then nodded, moving over to help.

“Damn it Jim, get away from it!” John growled and Jim finally turned to face the angry hunter.

“Don’t you dare call him an it! Harry just saved your lives by risking his own. A little gratitude would be nice.” Jim spat back, fighting his temper.

“How did he do that Pastor Jim?” He turned to Sam and relaxed when he saw the youngest Winchester was only curious.

“That’s a long story and it’s not mine to tell. But I will tell you he isn’t evil. He spent three years living with me and helping out in the church.” Jim told them. Sam looked from John to Jim and then moved over to help. His greater height made lifting Harry a lot easier for him.

“Sam get back here!” John roared and Dean shifted hesitantly.

“No Dad. Harry was hurt helping us so I’m going to help him. Besides I get visions and I’m not evil so I won’t accuse him.” Jim blinked in surprise, visions? He saw Dean looking lost as to what to do and smiled gently at the boy, letting him know it was okay to stay with his Dad. Caleb came running back from wherever he’d taken off to when Sam had joined them.

“Got the room next to Johns and put the truck there. Medical supplies are ready.” He told them and Sam stood with Harry cradled in his arms, striding quickly back towards the motel.

----------------------------
Harry groaned as he felt the light against his eyes. His whole body hurt!

“Take it easy Harry.” Sam? Where was he?
“You’ve got a few stitches in you and you hit your head on the concrete pretty hard.” Sam told him and it all rushed back. He was surprised Sam was with him, John Winchester didn’t seem the type to accept people with abilities. Harry finally managed to open his eyes and found Sam smiling down at him.
“How do you feel?”

“Sore. Thirsty.” He managed to croak and Sam lifted a straw to his mouth. He greedily sucked down a few mouthfuls of water.
“How long was I out?”

“Eight hours. Pastor Jim went to get some dinner and Caleb’s in the shower. Dad and Dean are next door.” Harry nodded in acknowledgment and then flinched as his head let him know that was a bad idea.
“Thanks, for saving us.” Harry smiled at Sam.

“No problem.” He stared at Sam, wondering how he was accepting it so easily.

“I...I get visions. Of things connected to the demon. It killed my mom and it killed my girlfriend. Pastor Jim says you’re not evil and...it sounds crazy. But it’s like there’s some sort of connection between us.” Sam finished in a rush, leaving Harry stunned. He felt it too?

“Doesn’t sound crazy.” Harry assured him.

“You mean?” Sam stared at him and Harry nodded.

“I can feel it. Don’t know exactly what it is.”

“You’re only twenty so you’re too young to be one of the kids like me.” Sam mumbled.
“And I never felt connected to any of them.”

“Couldn’t be anyway. I’m...not exactly from around here.” Harry admitted and Sam frowned.

“Well obviously you’re British.” Harry shifted uncomfortably but shook his head.

“But not the Britain you know. Jim figures it’s an alternate dimension...or maybe reality. I get confused with those things.” Sam stared in shock at Harry’s explanation. How was that possible? Was it possible? But staring at harry he just knew he was telling the truth.

“So can everyone there do what you do?”

“No. Just a small percentage of the population.”

“This is....”

“Crazy?” Harry supplied and Sam shrugged.

“Maybe, but I believe you.” Sam told him and Harry smiled, shifting on the bed and then wincing as the stitches pulled.

“Thanks.”

-------------------------------
“Dad calm down.”

“Calm down! What were you thinking letting Sam carry it!” John demanded and Dean flinched back a little.

“You tested him when they arrived, he’s not a demon. Whatever he did he saved our lives! Sam knows how to take care of himself. Maybe you should start trusting him.” Dean answered. Usually he was Dad’s obedient little soldier but seeing his Dad pulling a gun on Jim’s ward, the way he tried to push away their help and nearly getting them killed in the process...maybe Sam was right to question him, at least sometimes.

“Trust him! He left Dean, turned his back on hunting for four years! And you say trust him to look after himself!” John roared and Dean finally had enough, he turned and left the room without looking back. He was surprised to see Pastor Jim about to open the door next to his.

“Hey Pastor Jim.” He mumbled.

“Hello Dean, everything alright?”

“You heard that didn’t you?” Dean asked and Jim nodded, opening the door.

“Come in Dean.” Dean followed him inside slowly. Sam looked up and then smiled at him and Dean couldn’t help grinning back slightly. His brother was sitting on the side of one of the beds and its occupant looked up to smile slightly at him. Dean waved at harry slightly.

“Um, thanks. For back there.” He stumbled out and Harry shrugged slightly.

“Good to see you awake Harry. Feel up to eating?”

“Chocolate?” Harry sat up straighter and Jim chuckled.

“If I didn’t know chocolate seems to be a cure all for you...” He trailed off but threw the younger man a chocolate bar.

“I don’t know why but whenever I was sick or injured I was always given chocolate and it works.”

“Wonder if it’s the sugar or maybe the cocoa...” Jim mumbled to himself.

“No clue.” Harry answered as he chewed happily on the chocolate.

“So you’re okay?” Dean asked, looking at Harry.

“Bit sore and I hate stitches! But I’m okay.”

“Good, that’s good.”

“Dean? What’s wrong?” Sam frowned at his brother.

“Nothing Sammy.” He grinned but he knew Sam wasn’t fooled.

“Sam tell Caleb to hurry up please or else the food will get cold.” Sam nodded and got up to knock on the bathroom door.

Soon they were all sitting around the room eating, Sam helping Harry by holding things for him. Explanations and angry fathers could wait.

TBC...