Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


“Dean?” Sam whispered pleadingly and Dean gave in.

“Hey Harry, you can ride with us if you want.” Dean called out and Harry hesitated, glancing at Jim who nodded and gave him a playful shove in the direction of the Impala. Harry shouldered his bag and joined the brother’s, slipping into the backseat and then the small convey took off for South Dakota.
“Thanks.” Dean said after a time and saw Harry look at him through the rear view mirror.

“For what?”

“Saving Jim, hanging round despite Dad and saving us.” Dean answered and Harry shrugged.

“It was the right thing to do.” Harry answered absently and Dean exchanged a look with Sam.
“So....you guys know my life story, what about you? Been hunting long?” Harry asked and Sam looked at Dean who eventually nodded.

“All our lives.” Sam told him.
“The demon we’re after killed our Mom when I was six months old. Dad went looking for answers, trained us as hunters as we got old enough. I um...left for college when I was eighteen, spent four years away from the hunt, the demon killed my girlfriend.” Sam fell silent, not sure how much to tell and Harry nodded.

“I’d like to know what’s going on with you two.” Dean commented and they both looked at him.
“You know what I’m talking about!”

“I don’t know what’s going on...it’s like...this feeling when I’m around Sam. When I was in the tree, I opened up my senses, trying to see if I could feel the demon coming, I did but...I felt Sam first. It’s weird but there’s some sort of connection.”

“I can feel it too, it’s like I’m safe and warm around Harry.” Sam admitted and Harry blushed slightly.

“Piece of advice? Don’t let Dad know.” Dean said and they both nodded.
“I don’t care if you two...you know but Dad? As long as Sam’s safe and happy.” Dean turned the radio on and Sam hid a grin, poor Dean but he was glad his brother didn’t care if he liked guys, Harry in particular.

“So who is it we’re going to see?” Harry asked when Dean’s tape finished.

“Bobby Singer, another hunter. He’s the one to go to if you need information on anything supernatural, especially demons. He’s a good guy, little paranoid but it’s kept him alive.” Dean answered and Harry nodded, curling up around his bag and slowly drifting off to sleep.

“You really like him, huh Sam?” Dean whispered so as not to wake the wizard and Sam glanced back at the sleeping male, smiling softly.

“Yeah Dean, I do. I know it’s sudden and crazy but...I can’t help it.” Sam admitted and Dean grinned.

“Just take it slow Sammy. There’s still a lot he doesn’t know about us and he probably didn’t tell us everything either. I just don’t want you to get hurt.” Dean admitted grudgingly and Sam nodded.

“Thanks....for understanding and for looking out for me. I’m scared Dean. Everything that’s happening, these visions, the other kids...” Sam trailed off and Dean reached out to lay a hand on his shoulder.

“Nothing bad is going to happen to you while I’m around Sammy and from the way Harry reacted to that demon attacking us...I think they’ll have to get through him too.” Dean told him and Sam smiled.

-----------------------------
Bobby opened the door, shotgun in hand as two trucks and a familiar Impala pulled into the yard. He watched as John, Jim and Caleb got out of the trucks, Sam, Dean and a stranger getting out of the Impala. The new kid looked around Sam’s age, maybe a little younger and was shorter than both the brothers with messy dark hair, slender build and incredible green eyes he could pick up on even across the distance. Sam seemed unusually close to the other male as they crossed the yard with Dean seeming to be standing guard over both of them, something highly unusual for the older Winchester.

“Hey Bobby!” Caleb called out in greeting and he nodded in return, tossing a flask of Holy Water to him. Caleb took a mouthful and passed it on. Bobby relaxed a bit when they’d all drunk some with no ill effect.

“What’s going on? And who’s the kid?” Bobby asked once they were all seated inside. The kid rolled his eyes.

“I’m twenty not two.” He grumbled and Bobby smothered a smirk.

“Bobby this is my ward, Harry Potter.” Jim introduced them and Bobby studied the kid closely, for Jim to take the boy in he had to be something special. He choked back a laugh at the way Sam moved closer to the younger male, as if protecting him from Bobby’s stare.

“Tell him the truth. About what he is.” John demanded and Sam turned to glare at his father. The big surprise was the matching glare Dean sent his father, something odd was going on. Bobby stared at the slender young man, trying to figure out what John meant. There were things that didn’t react to holy water but the kid had passed through every ward he had without flinching.

“Leave Harry alone Dad! He saved our lives and you still...” Sam trailed off, too mad to risk continuing and then he looked at Harry who had placed a hand on his arm. He smiled softly at Harry who shook his head.

“Don’t fight with him, please. Not over me.” Harry whispered and Sam hugged him, much to Bobby’s surprise. What was even more surprising was Dean’s protective hovering over the new kid and not just Sam.

“Would someone like to tell me what the hell is going on?” Bobby demanded and to his surprise emerald eyes locked on him as Harry pulled back from Sam.

“I’m a wizard from another dimension.” Harry answered and Bobby found himself staring in disbelief. Of all the things he was expecting...that was not one of them.

TBC...