Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Bella stopped her scolding as she saw the expression on Jacob’s face change from embarrassment to something she couldn’t quite name. She looked him over and then blushed as she realised he was naked. Jacob followed her gaze and blushed as well, his hands moving to cover himself.

“Here.” Harry called, tossing Jacob a pair of shorts that had suddenly appeared. Jacob nodded and quickly yanked them on. The four of them stood in silence for a bit before Harry sighed.
“We should head back; I think we all have a lot to talk about.” He commented and Jasper nodded. Jacob stared at the two males nervously and Harry smiled at him.
“Relax wolfboy; no one’s going to hurt anyone else.” Harry teased and Jacob nodded nervously. They all headed back to Jasper’s, Jacob the most hesitant.

Soon they were all sitting on the couches in the Cullen lounge room. Jacob had made sure Harry and Bella were between him and Jasper much to Harry’s amusement, after all he was the one that had inured the wolf, not Jasper.

“So who first?” Bella asked and Harry shrugged.

“Oldest to youngest?” He suggested shooting Jasper a mischievous look and Jasper nodded.

“I am a vampire but I feed off animals and not humans. I’m also an empath, I can read and even influences others emotions. I was turned during the civil war and only joined the Cullen coven a bit over fifty years with....with my wife Alice.” Jasper said and then stopped, unable to continue. He was shocked when Harry gently squeezed his hand.

“My name is Harry James Potter-Black and I’m a wizard. My people have been at war on and off since before I was born and it finally ended recently. I couldn’t stay after everything....so I started travelling and ended up here.” Harry stated, grinning at the looks of shock.

“Um, normal human here.” Bella said and Harry reached over to hug her.

“Nothing to be ashamed of Bella.” He whispered and she smiled.

“Um, werewolf.” Jacob admitted and Harry shook his head.

“Nope, I’ve met my share of werewolves and you’re not one. I’d say more like a shape shifter or something. A werewolf is a lot like the myths unlike vampires.” Harry explained much to all of their surprise.

“You’ve met werewolves?” Bella asked and Harry nodded.

“One of them was my unofficial godfather. He never bit anyone, there’s this potion that allows a werewolf to keep its mind when transformed and he always locked himself just to be extra safe.”

“Wow, you come from a weird place.” Bella muttered and Harry laughed.

“England’s not that weird, just the magical sections.” He told her.
“So why did you attack us Jacob?” the youngest of their group blushed a bit at the question.

“He’s a Cold One and he was too close to Bella.” He mumbled, earning a slap from Bella and Harry chuckled.

“Jake, Jasper wouldn’t hurt me or anyone else. He’s a vegetarian.” Bella told him and Jacob shrugged.

“It’s not his fault Bella, our species are natural enemies.” Jasper told her and Jacob looked at him in surprise.

“It’s not just that....it’s that redheaded bitch. We’ve been patrolling like crazy and she keeps getting away.” Jacob told him and both Jasper and Bella froze.

“Victoria.” Bella whispered fearfully and Harry put a comforting hand on her shoulder.

“You know her?” Jacob asked, hesitantly reaching out to touch Bella, needing to comfort her.

“She was one of three nomads that came through the area last year. We killed her mate, James, and Laurant was allowed to leave in peace. I warned the others Victoria would seek revenge before I left them.” Jasper explained, not looking at any of them.

“Why did you leave?” Jacob asked warily and Jasper swallowed, nearly jumping when Bella took his hand.

“Victoria killed Alice, Jasper’s wife.” Bella whispered and Jacob looked down.

“I’m sorry.” He mumbled and Jasper nodded. Harry leant over and squeezed Jasper’s shoulder and Jasper was surprised that the wizard felt no pity, just sorrow.

“So why is she here?” Harry asked and Jasper frowned.

“Revenge obviously but she would have noticed the family’s scents have faded which means....” he looked at Bella and she swallowed.

“Okay so I’m warding Bella’s place against anyone intending harm.” Harry stated firmly.
“Till then sleepover at my place since it’s already warded.”

“These...’wards’, they’ll keep Victoria out?” Jasper asked and Harry nodded.

“She’ll be safe on the Res too.” Jacob said, looking at Bella again.

“Do I get any say in this?” She asked and all three males shook their heads.
“Men.” She grumbled and they all laughed at her.

TBC...