Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Families

By danu40k

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

&&&&&

Xander watched the train recede into the horizon before turning back to the others.

They all headed to the wall and Xander pulled out a rope with each grasping a portion they port keyed out and back to the Mansion.

They came in to the smells of lunch coming from the kitchen and eagerly sat at the table.

Each had a taco salad from a recipe that Xander had given the elves as well as a fruit salad and Butterbeer to drink.

Waiting for the meal to be brought out Xander looked at Sirius; “How did things go with the Goblins?”

“Just like we planned. They were excited to help. Or as Goblins get around humans anyway. Especially when I brought Madam Bones into the picture. Things should start happening this week sometime.” Sirius finished as the meal was brought out.

Sirius, as the last surviving Black, had inherited Black Loan and Trust from his grandfather (who had disagreed with his ousting from the family and had refused to disinherit him). His mother had run the company after her father-in-law’s death and, with the help of the Malfoys, had almost run it into the ground with all of the so called loans being made to the Dark Lord and his followers.

The elder Malfoy had continued the practice after her death by proclaiming that since Sirius was imprisoned that made his wife the sole heir to the Black fortune and he had taken over from there.

Most of the family monies were gone and Sirius had plans to get them all back, with interest.

Since he was the heir, he now had control of all of the Black assets including the Loan and Trust.

He and the Goblins had been going over the books and had found that not one Death Eater or sympathizer had even tried to pay back the loans they had taken out, and Sirius felt it was time to call those loans in with fifty percent interest daily.

Starting with the Malfoys.

His meeting with the Goblins and Madam Bones (the square jawed woman who had questioned everyone at the trial) had allowed him to freeze all Death Eater vaults until the debts were paid off. With the idea that later they would liquidate the assets so that the debts could be paid.

After the meal was over they went to the den/study to sit and hold Xander’s lessons in proper comportment of a high powered wizard.

These things included many of the things that Harry and the group would be learning as a group.

Xander had been studying hard with the books on Law and the Wizengamot as well as the Board of Governors. There were changes that needed to be made and he wanted to be at the forefront when everything hit the fan. They expected the Wizengamot to fall when Malfoy did. So they, and their allies, needed to be in place to fill the vacuum that would happen.

&&&&&

Xander,

The trip to Hogwarts was the usual. Lots to eat for lunch thanks to the House Elves. Had most of the team in to talk strategy and tactics. They were surprised to find out that Ron and I went to Quidditch Camp. They were asking all sorts of questions and Ron was the one who told them all about the plays he had come up with based on the older players and the celebrities that had been there. He had talked to each one and shown them his plans. Some thought they were good as is, but a few of the more open ones helped Ron tweak them so that they would work better.

Ron had pulled out the notebook you gave him and showed it to them. Oliver told everyone that Ron is now the Assistant Coach.

Ron is through the roof and floating.

When we told the team about the new brooms, they said that a notice had gone out to each member of the team about that, but they didn’t know much about the broom since it ‘s a small American company.

Ron and I spent a good hour talking about them while Hermione went to talk to Ginny who was talking to the Woodards.

Malfoy never showed up to bother us. I think it was because we had all of the team in our compartment.

Ginny and Hermione said that he didn’t bother them either so I wonder just what he has planned

I saw some weird creatures pulling the carriages; they were black horses with wings only their skin and wings looked like they were made of leather. When I told the others, they just shook their heads since they couldn’t see them.

One girl could though. She is a friend of Ginny’s. From what I’m told she doesn’t live all that far from them. She is kind of spacey and seems to see things that aren’t there. But if they are like the thing I saw then maybe she really does see things that aren’t visible to others.

She said the things were called Thestrals and that only someone who had seen death could see them.

I wonder why I can see them now when I couldn’t before. Is it because I was so close to death before?

The sorting was fun. Colin’s little brother fell into the lake as they came over. When we first saw him he was trying to wear Hagrid’s coat.

The only problem I see right now is that I’ll have two people in the house that will try to follow me everywhere.

When we got back to the Common Room we had everyone asking about the new tutors. So we told them that you had set things up so we could actually learn something

Suddenly there were pleas from everyone else to let them join in for at least Potions.

I told them that I had to check with them first.

Our first day we had History for the first class and all of our year in Gryffindor wanted to come. So we left breakfast early and went to the classroom to ask.

Mr. Woodard told everyone that he had expected they would want to come in and had already set up seats for them.

Boy he made history fun. He made it sound as though you were right there. And after class, since we had a study hall, he said that we could stay in the classroom and he would help with the homework.

I got more out of that class then in the previous years with Binns.

After lunch where we told everyone what a great history teacher Mr. Woodard was, soon everyone in Gryffindor wanted to have him teach them.

He told them that he would have to see since his main duty was to me and my friends.

Dumbledore just got a strange look on his face, but didn’t say anything

The next class we had was DADA and I wasn’t to sure about it, but it turned out to be ok.

He gave us a test to see what we had learned and told us that next class he would have a proper lesson planned based on our answers.

After this we had a class on Law and Politics from Mrs. Woodard. We were surprised to see Susan Bones in there as well. Turns out that her Aunt, Madam Bones, had talked to you and the tutors before school started and had gotten permission to have Susan join us.

After Dinner we headed back to the Common Room where Hermione got us to finish our Law and Politics homework. This was a bit hard since we could not get help from Hermione. We had been divided into two teams. Girls against the boys. We may have the upper hand in numbers but the other side has Hermione! And Susan is no slouch either.

We are to debate each other on the rights of sentient beings. Unfortunately the guys have the Against, while the girls have it easy with the For.

After listening to Mrs. Woodard, I agree that the laws are wrong, and I want to do something about it. But she says that the best way to bring about change is to know both sides so you can make an informed opinion and then be able to debate it to others without sounding like you have no idea what is going on.

Tuesday, we had Double Transfiguration. We had a review for the first hour or so then she had us trying to turn buttons into beetles. Neville, Ron, and I kept blowing ours up no matter how gently we tried to do it. Finally Mrs. McGonagall just told us to have the Woodards help us. Seems Ron and Neville are used to putting a bit of pressure in all of their spells to get them to work when they didn’t have the right wands. So they need to learn to properly scale back. I’m in the same boat I guess with mine having a more powerful wand.

At lunch I went up to Mr. Woodard and explained what was going on and told me that they both would tutor us after Runes.

Took us about three hours but we finally mastered it. We were sweating by then with the amount of power we had given out. It’s going to be harder at first, but I think that after awhile we won’t have any problems.

Wednesday we had double potions and by this time the other Gryffindor’s in our year had already gotten permission from Mrs. Woodard to be in the class.

We did the same thing as in DADA. She gave us a test to see where we were in actually KNOWING what we were doing. After we were done with that she handed out a book that had basic potions and the Periodic Potions Table. She told us the next few weeks were going to about this book so we had better study it. If she figured out we weren’t or that we were goofing off, she would send us back to Snape.

After Lunch we had Herbology. Mrs. Woodard told us to pay attention in this class because most of the ingredients came from here and she expected us to know about our ingredients.

Neville did fantastic and between him and Hermione we got done the quickest and still were the best.

After this we had more tutoring with the Woodards and then dinner.

Unfortunately we had Astronomy at ten that night so instead of trying to take a nap, we stayed up and finished our homework (or at least worked on our Debate and finished everything else) then headed up to the tower.

We had a late day Thursday and only had Arithmacy in the afternoon with more tutoring in the morning after we got up.

Friday we had Double Charms first thing then Etiquette in the afternoon. Again Susan joined us.

Mrs. Woodard told us that she would try and get another female in the class so that we would be even.

That way she could also teach us proper dancing. <ewww>

Today is Saturday and we went to hold Quidditch practice to get the cobwebs off our team as a whole. Ron is being very serious about his position on the team and making sure that all of the equipment is in working order and had not been messed up.

The team was in heaven over the new brooms.

There is no doubt in our minds that we can take on Slytherin and win with these brooms and the new plays Ron was bringing in and lots of practice.

I told Oliver to train Ron to take his place, just incase he got injured. I also told him that I have a tendency to get injured at the end of the year so it would be best if we had a back up seeker as well.

He joked that I just wanted an all Weasley team. But he agreed with me and told Ron and Ginny to prepare to try out for back up positions and that he was going to put up a notice that he was going to hold tryouts for back up positions.

Well that’s all for now. I write again soon

Love Harry

&&&&&

Xander finished reading the letter to the group and he was quite pleased at how they were doing. They had gotten reports from the Woodards as well and it seemed that even Ron was buckling down.

They had gotten a lot of mail sent to their Gringott’s box that all stated the same. Most of the students wanted in on the new teachers. They wanted a chance to learn from a real human and a good potions teacher.

Unfortunately they had to wait for the Board of Governors to get out from under Malfoy’s thumb to do anything

Xander sighed. It wouldn’t be long before that happened but until then the kids needed to hang on.

&&&&&

End Chapter Ten