Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Families

By danu40k

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

&&&&&

Finally the day arrived. Madam Bones had told them that she and several trusted Aurors as well as Mr. Weasely were going on a raid at the Malfoy home.

During the week Malfoy had been angry at the Goblins for sealing up his accounts, yelling at anyone who would listen.

&&&&&

Mr. Weasley came over after dinner to claim success. The Dark Items were right where Harry had told them they would be. (Harry had overheard the Malfoys talking about it when he had misflooed the year before.) Both Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy had been arrested and were even now undergoing questioning under Veritaserum.

The group as a whole decided that it was now time to become public. Both Sirius and Xander would take their places on the Wizengamot and the Board of Governors. And with the clean up of the Death Eaters, they would quickly fill in the vacuum left by the departing members.

The first thing on their agenda was an interview with the WWN. Get their thoughts out there for the public.

Then they would take their place on the Wizengamot and “aid” in quieting it down.

Xander let Sirius make the appointment with the WWN.

&&&&&

Malfoy sang like a canary under the effects of the Veritaserum, and the Madam Bones had the Aurors picking up people left and right for questioning, starting with those in the Ministry.

&&&&&

The interview with the WWN went very well, to let the public to get to know Xander and Sirius. There was some surprise over Xander’s hometown, but the interviewer calmed them down by telling them that Xander was sitting in sunlight and had a pulse. That when presented with holy items he did not flinch so the public jotted it down as strange and left it at that.

&&&&&

The next day, they all headed to the Ministry to have Xander and Sirius sworn in and seated.

Sirius held the Black seat while Xander had three; Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Potter. At least until Harry came of age.

They soon came to the fore with legislation to force all prisoners to undergo questioning with Veritaserum. To insure that there were no more mistakes made and that no one would be imprisoned without being guilty or not being imprisoned and being guilty.

In view of what was going on around them and not wanting to look as though they were siding with those who had been arrested, the motion passed into law quickly.

The days that followed were much the same. With their alliances showing through as they were the most solid grouping.

It didn’t take long for them to get most of the things they wanted done and to have basically taken over control of the Wizengamot in Malfoy’s place.

One of the things they did do though was to put Mr. Weasely in place as one of the new Under-Ministers putting him control of Muggle affairs.

They also got him a seat on the Wizengamot to insure the Muggles were represented as well.

Xander told him that once things calmed back down he was going to pay for him to take some classes at a community college to up his understanding of Muggles. Until then he had arranged for him to be tutored by a Muggle Born that Xander had placed on his team as his second in command.

&&&&&

Their first taste of school was the first meeting of the Board of Governors. This met in an emergency meeting in late September.

There again, was a large hole due to the many people who had been arrested and were going to trial.

Here again Xander and Sirius held sway and were able to get a large amount of updating work the school desperately needed. The only problem they had was from Mrs. Longbottom since she was very conservative.

They were able to find some middle ground after meetings with her in private and soon changes became evident.

Students were able to use paper instead of parchment if they chose, at least for note taking. They were able to use fountain pens for school work and ball point or pencils when taking notes.

Binns was to be replaced by Mr. Woodard for now and a new teacher would be found during the summer.

Snape would be finding himself with a new person in his class going over each and every year he was now teaching as well as the classes he had taught in the past. They would also be interviewing students much to his horror.

That is until the Ministry arrested Snape against the wishes of Dumbledore.

Snape was quickly replaced by Mrs. Woodard, until a new teacher could be found, probably in the summer.

Sirius was quick in bring in Earl Montgomery to take their places in teaching the kids the other subjects that the Woodard’s had taught.

With a little change in the schedule, they were able to bring in Ginny to the Etiquette class as well, allowing the six of them to learn how to dance.

There was a new intensity to the lessons because they knew that they would be going to the Minister’s Ball in December.

Like with her husband, Mrs. Weasley was asked to take a seat on the Board since she was “light” and had several children in school at the moment.

While the alliances stood, she tended to follow Mrs. Longbottoms lead more than anything since she was a conservative as well.

&&&&&

Xander,

Hi again. Things were a little chaotic for awhile. But I’m sure you know that since you helped bring them about.

The Muggle Borns are all happy to be using pen and pencils again. Even if we have to still use parchment and quill or fountain pen for our homework.

The snobbish Pure Bloods are all grouchy about the changes. That is what is left of them.

Slytherin has been gutted. Those that had to leave were either students who had both parents arrested and found guilty or had one parent found guilty and the other pulled them out to move. From what I hear most of those students are going to go to Durmstrung.

Malfoy has left as well. His grandmother on his father’s side is sending him to Durmstrung.

She is using her money to do so since the family money is gone.

Seems the Malfoys and several of their friends made large loans and the loan company decided to call the loans in.

Must make it easier to get them to go on trial if there is no money for them to try and bribe themselves out of it. Of course from what the others tell me, they would have had a hard time doing that anyway with this new Minister.

The Prophet is filled daily of some new law either being enacted or dismissed and overturned daily so I know you and Sirius are busy.

I’m glad you managed to get the Anti-Werewolf laws changed. Now at least they can get Wolfsbane, like Moony, and not take the chance of hurting anyone.

Everyone seems to like the new Professors; all you hear about is how wonderful potions and history is.

Dumbledore looks sad though. I think it’s because Snape got arrested and put on trial for being a Death Eater. To find out a person you trusted, was loyal to Voldemort, must be hard for him.

As for Quidditch, Ron and Ginny made the try-outs with no problem. We also got two new Chasers just in case.

The game between Slytherin and Gryffindor has been canceled. In fact there will be no game against Slytherin this year. They have no team left. Most of the house is the younger years.

Hermione has made it her mission to reach out to them and help them any way she can and People in the other houses are starting to do the same.

It seems that suddenly, being in Slytherin is not so bad now that the bad ones have gone.

Classes are good. Ron, Neville, and I have finally got our magic under control and are finally doing well in class. It’s now a competition to see who gets it first. Though Hermione still wins more often than not. So the game is to try and be second.

See you in Hogsmead in a few weeks.

Love Harry

&&&&&

End Chapter Eleven