Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Author's Chapter Notes:
NOTE: I use Auschwitz - Birkenau here because I needed something with a very dark past.

I couldn’t use Sunnydale because the person or persons involved would not like to be competing with the beings there and they also did not want to take the chance of someone more powerful eating them

Auschwitz was the only place that I could think of that would have that kind of darkness built into it from the past and so I apologize to anyone who would take offence to my using it.


 

Family

By danu40k

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

NOTE: I use Auschwitz - Birkenau here because I needed something with a very dark past.

I couldn’t use Sunnydale because the person or persons involved would not like to be competing with the beings there and they also did not want to take the chance of someone more powerful eating them

Auschwitz was the only place that I could think of that would have that kind of darkness built into it from the past and so I apologize to anyone who would take offence to my using it.

&&&&&

Albus Dumbledore (1881-1993)

It is this journalist’s job to report the death of an era. Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore was found dead of an apparent heart attack last evening.

Much is unknown about the circumstances surrounding his death. We do know that a person or persons unknown used a previously unseen ritual to call forth rogue Dementors. It is assumed that our beloved Headmaster gave his life to protect us all from this unknown threat. Unfortunately an unknown number of Dementors were released. Officials in Poland have released this statement. ‘We will work tirelessly until this situation is resolved and we have every last Dementor back where it belongs.’

 

Albus was Head Boy, Prefect, Winner of the Barnabus Finkley Prize for Exceptional Spell-Casting, British Youth Representative to the Wizengamot, Gold Medal-Winner for Ground-Breaking Contribution to the International Alchemical Conference in Cairo, and the man who defeated Grindelwald thus ending World War Two (See page 2).

His work with Nicolas Flamel (See page 32) in the uses of Dragon Blood are well known (See page 4)

By c.
1938 he was Hogwarts Transfiguration professor (See page 5) and Hogwarts School Headmaster c.1955 (See page 10) until his death.

Dumbledore is survived by his brother Aberforth

For more information on our dear beloved Headmaster and leader see pages 2 - 35

z88;

&&&&&

Xander read the paper in shock. All he could think about was ‘What about Harry?’

He summoned Thane and wrote out a quick message for him to take to the Weasleys, then ones to everyone else. He wanted to write one to Amelia Bones, but figured that she would be swamped right now.

A half hour later and everyone was there. It was time to discuss what they were going to be doing during this crisis.

&&&&&

Xander made sure that Harry and the other kids (including Neville, much to his grandmothers disagreement) were at the meeting as well, arguing that they were just as affected. They would need to get the pulse of the student body and how this was going to affect their education, with the meeting being held at the Leaky Cauldron.

After getting everyone comfortable, Xander opened the meeting. “I know everyone knows why we are here, so let’s get started.”

“First,” he continued, “we need someone at Auschwitz to check over the scene. I don’t think the Minister would try to pull an ‘Eyes Only’ trick considering our political power, but I still want to be there to get my own look at the scene.” He shrugged.

“The problem now becomes what do we do now that Dumbledore is dead? Someone has to take his place at the school. That should be our main priority right now, besides trying to figure out how he died and who is responsible. The Wizengamot will have more time to figure out who will take his place there later so that’s not a rush. But the real question everyone is going to be asking is ‘What do we do now?’ They are going to be looking at us hoping that we will have the answers, so we need to be able to at least have some of them soon.” He finished.

Mrs. Longbottom spoke next. “I think we all should go to this Auschwitz place to see what is going on, not just you young man.” Xander nodded his head at her. “However you are correct, we need to find a replacement for the Headmaster first. It has always been assumed that Minerva would take his place when he retired. So it will be assumed that she will take his place now. If so, then the question arises, who will take her place.’ She finished.

“Should we invite her over to discuss this?” Xander asked her.

Thinking for a moment, Mrs. Longbottom nodded her head.

Xander summoned Thane, and, after writing out a note for her, had Thane deliver the message to Mrs. McGonagall.

“Should we also get the rest of the Board of Governors as well?” Xander asked the rest of the room.

“If we are going to be deciding this now, we will need them. So yes I believe we should.” Arthur answered.

Soon messages went out to the other members of the Board of Governors.

&&&&&

Soon everyone was there and seated, Xander called the meeting to order.

“We all know why we are here. The question now is what do we do?” Xander started. “Right now the Wizengamot will be in a panic, but with the right handling we should be able to get it under control. But that is for later. School will be starting soon and we need to make sure things run as smoothly as possible. This will help calm the students, which in turn may help to calm the parents. So the first order of business is to decide who will replace him as headmaster. Now I am told that you, Professor McGonagall, are the next in line. Are you ready to take the position or should we find someone else?” Xander finished looking at McGonagall.

She thought for a moment and then nodded her head. “For the rest of the year, yes, I will take it on. However, if I find I can not do the job as well as needed I will step down and allow the Board to find someone else.”

Everyone nodded at that and shoulders started to relax.

Xander looked at the kids. “Do you think the students would follow her as the schools Headmistress?”

They all nodded with Hermione telling them; “I think that the students will like knowing that someone is in charge and that everything is ok as far as school goes anyway. If you can get the government up and going soon that would help as well. It will probably get the people to relax too.” She sat down again.

The other kids made agreeing noises with several of the adults agreeing as well.

“Good. Now the next item of business is who do we get to replace you in Transfiguration?” Xander asked McGonagall.

“James Paterson is one of the best in the field.” She said after a moments pause. “I know he has been working on a project for some time. However most of his funds are gone and he is looking to get more. I know he is hoping to get a grant or something, but if we approach him he may be amiable to coming to work at the school for at least the rest of this year. That will give us time to recruit someone else if necessary.”

“Who do you think should approach him with the offer? I don’t know the man so I’m out. Anyone?” Xander asked.

“I think that as the new Headmistress and the one who knows him, Minerva should approach him.” Mrs. Longbottom told the room.

Most agreed with her, while McGonagall’s lips were pursed before finally nodding her head.

“Next item,” Xander continued now that that was out of the way. “Do we wait and give the kids some time with their families and to get the new teacher in place or should we get the kids back to a normal schedule and put them in study hall for now?”

This one was a hard one since both had pros and cons.

 

&&&&&

It was decided to wait a week. This would allow the new headmistress to get a hold of Mr. Paterson and see if he would teach for the rest of the year. If he declined then it was decided that they would approach the Minister about it.

Soon everyone departed to take care of business elsewhere and to let the public know of their decisions. Letters to the various families went out that same day.

&&&&&

End Chapter Fourteen

z88;