Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Author's Chapter Notes:
NOTE: I use Auschwitz - Birkenau here because I needed something with a very dark past.

I couldn’t use Sunnydale because the person or persons involved would not like to be competing with the beings there and they also did not want to take the chance of someone more powerful eating them

Auschwitz was the only place that I could think of that would have that kind of darkness built into it from the past and so I apologize to anyone who would take offence to my using it.


Family

By Danu40k

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

NOTE: I use Auschwitz - Birkenau here because I needed something with a very dark past.

I couldn’t use Sunnydale because the person or persons involved would not like to be competing with the beings there and they also did not want to take the chance of someone more powerful eating them

Auschwitz was the only place that I could think of that would have that kind of darkness built into it from the past and so I apologize to anyone who would take offence to my using it.

z88;

&&&&&

 

The adults had decided that they would wait until the children were back in school before heading to Poland and from there Auschwitz - Birkenau.

.

The scene before them was as though from a nightmare.

They could feel the death and destruction of lives all around them, and if it hadn’t been for Xander and his staff, many of them would have been overwhelmed by it all.

 

On the way over, Xander had told them about the dark history of the place including that this was where Grindelwald had placed those who fought against him, and had told them that it was bad enough without the whole Dumbledore thing adding this to the mix.

 

Xander was dressed in a wool tunic and pants with a woolen cloak fastened with a cloak pin bearing the family crest.

He had his staff in hand and both glowed from the power he needed to keep everyone, especially himself, from falling from the shear evil power they could feel.

Even the Hellmouth at its worse never felt this way

They could tell exactly where Dumbledore had fallen and the Rogue Dementors had been just by the feel of the area and it wasn’t long before everyone had had enough and had to leave.

Xander had them taken back to the hotel they had come from and from there, he made sure everyone was packed up and ported them (using his staff) to the ministry where he had the elves bring out several alcoholic drinks to give everyone when they were through with the bathrooms.

&&&&&

 

Once everyone was settled, Xander started the meeting off. “I took a tour of Azkaban after Sirius was found innocent and the feeling I got from the death camp was different. Oh there was the taint of Dementors all right; a strong taint. But it was stronger than Azkaban where they have been dwelling for quite some time. This leads me to conclude that the Dementors in Poland were much stronger than here in the UK, which is a disturbing thought.”

Everyone nodded over this. Many were still pale from the effects of the place, with everyone keeping an eye on Mrs. Longbottom to make sure she was going to be ok.

“I can tell you now that the feeling I got from the place was that Dumbledore didn’t just have a heart attack and died there, I got the feeling he was killed there. I could sense the feelings of the battle which overrode the sick feeling of everything else. What ever he was fighting was big and strong.”

One brave soul raised his hand to get everyone’s attention; “Do you think he was fighting the Dementors?”

Xander shrugged. “It’s possible and very probable even, but I think there is a darker thing that happened there. I can almost see it, but the magic is just to evil for me to get past the stench.”

Everyone nodded vigorously over that. They knew that if it hadn’t been for Xander and his staff they would not have been able to get within kilometers of the place, let as well actually inside it.

“So what do we tell the public?” Someone else asked the group.

“We tell them the truth, or at least part of it. We tell them that Dumbledore fell battling the rogues. Dieing so that others would be safe. We have no idea about the rogues and will be working hand in hand with our counterparts in Poland to find out just what went on there, and that is *all* we tell them, which after all is the truth.” The Minister replied.

Everyone nodded happy that someone was taking control of things.

Xander led everyone to a dinning room where the large table had been pulled out and had everyone seated, and then told them; “We need to have food so that we don’t get drunk on the alcohol we’ve been drinking, we need to be clearheaded if we are going to work this out.”

Everyone watched as the elves brought out a simple meal that would not further upset their stomachs and quietly ate as they thought about what they had learned.

After the meal was finished, Mrs. Longbottom started off the new conversation; “we need people to meet with the people from Poland so that we can all be informed of what is going on.” She told everyone.

The Minister stood up and nominated Xander; “since he could handle the place and seemed to know more than anyone else they had talked to.” He told them.

Everyone was in agreement there and whether or not Xander was ready for it he knew he would be the one leading the investigation now.

“And the Head of the Wizengamot?” Arthur asked.

“Xander is right, we can wait until things cool down before nominating for the post, this will give everyone a chance to catch their breath and not make a decision that we would later regret.” Said the Minister. “However, those who want the post should make their cases over the next few weeks so that we can all see who would be the best person for the job.” he finished.

Everyone agreed with that with comments of “here, here,” to be heard around the room.

“As stated in the law, until we find someone, I will be taking over as the Head, and will swear now, that once someone is elected, I will step down.” The Minister added.

There were murmurs about that with everyone remembering Fudge, however, with his oath to turn things over to the head when they were chosen helped and everyone ratified it.

&&&&&

 

The next morning, the Minister held a press conference to let the press and everyone else know what had been decided.

Xander was with him and everyone was surprised to see him glowing with power and holding a staff.

Everyone had thought that since he was never seen with a wand he didn’t either have one, or he wasn’t any good with one.

They found out that the first was the right answer.

Everyone took solace over the fact that the government had things well in hand and it didn’t take long for the sheeple to calm down and let the government take control again.

Xander wondered again if he had ever been like them, and like the last time he had thought about it, decided that yes he had, otherwise he would have figured out about the mayor before they had graduation.

z88;End Chapter 15