Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Family

By Danu40k

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

&&&&&

Xander returned from his mission to London, he had gone to check out his sources among the peaceful demon community and was disturbed by what he had found out.

Sirius and Remus were there waiting for him and noticed the look on his face; “I take it, it didn’t go well?” asked Sirius.

Xander shook his head; “It went well, I just don’t like what I learned. He, and it is definitely a male, is bringing in more demons to his cause, and the ones I’m familiar with scare me. If I had the ability, I would bring Willow, Buffy, Giles, and the Fang Gang here to help fight this thing.”

At Sirius’ questioning look, Xander began his tale.

“I have been making inroads into the peaceful demon community since I got here, so I went to the pub I usually go to and was shocked when one of the Moray Clan came up to me to talk. They are quiet people and rarely talk to outsiders so I knew that what he/she had to say was important and went to sit with them.

The man who is behind this was a Hitler Youth when he was younger and was in the employ of Grindelwald. From what I can make out, he was Grindelwald’s apprentice and when Grindelwald was taken out by Dumbledore, the boy disappeared, with no one knowing where he went.”

“He showed up about five years ago as a teacher in the Dark Arts at Durmstrang and was there until last year when he left on Sabbatical, saying he wanted to visit his old hunting grounds Next thing anyone knows, he is doing summonings to bring some of his Master’s “Pets” back into the world.” Xander took a drink of his Firewhiskey and looked at the fire in the fireplace.

Taking a deep breath he continued; “He has brought in not only Dementor’s, but also other fear demons and worse.”

He took another drink. “There are some that have only mentions in the Watcher books such as Ferders, Camlots and Frecoms. Ferders are much like Dementors in that they bring about fear, but where Dementors feast on you bad memories, these guys feed on your fears so they do everything in their power to bring about your fears; the worst (worse not worst) the better.”

“Wait a minute;” interrupted Sirius, “Dementors feed on you good memories, not on your bad ones. I should know.”

Xander shook his head. “If that is the case then why does a Patronus work on them? If they truly worked on good memories, then a Patronus would be a feast to them. No, from what I have found out they feast on you bad ones thereby making sure that you can only remember those.”

Sirius sat back in his chair to think about it for now, while Xander emptied his drink and took a bottle of Butterbeer from Tuck.

“Camlots and Frecoms feed on fear as well, only they also feed on the bodies while doing this. They are difficult to get rid of because unlike others, they have to be banished back to the Hell Dimension they come from. They can not be killed. This is why I would like the old gang to be here. We’ve battled a few in the past and Giles, as well as Wesley, know the banishment rituals that would get rid of them.”

Remus leaned forward; “This ties in with what I have been hearing among the Packs. They say a new old enemy is about the lands again. From what I have garnered, he has been making friend with the Vampire and Werewolf packs throughout the rest of Europe and the old Warsaw Pact. He is actively helping Milosevic in his ethnic cleansing right now by allowing his “Servants” to feast on prisoners or go through townships. That is why the UN and the ICW are having such a hard time right now.”

 

Sirius looked thoughtful over this and Xander kept his eyes on the fire in the fireplace, before hauling himself up and floo calling the Minister’s office to make an appointment for the morning with the Minister and the others for a briefing.

&&&&&

 

Xander lay in bed thinking about the past and the future. If Kruft got his way, then there would be a new dictator out there conquering Europe and the rest of the world. They needed to stop him and his servants.

From what he had gathered, the man was well on his way to immortality much like the Mayor had done. He already had fifty years under his belt, and can go as fast or as slow as his servants wanted. With the way the war in Bosnia was going he could keep that up for quite sometime.

The Minister had set up a meeting with the head of the ICW over the information he had and he knew that the Watchers would be called upon like they had been in WWII to help stop this.

He knew that there would be a call to bring in the Watchers since it was their work that had helped Dumbledore get into position to take out Grindelwald and he wasn’t sure how he should take that since he would have to be very careful with Travers; the Second in Command of the Watchers right now.

He was at the forefront of the information gathering right now and that meant that he would be meeting up with Travers, how this would end he had no idea since it would only be a few years from now that Travers would have otherwise found out about him.

He had been very careful about changing things and had pretty much stuck with the Wizarding World or dealing only with local demons instead of things going on in the larger world, otherwise he would be rescuing his younger self as well as Willow and definitely Jesse, and he had already figured out the consequences of that, so he stayed his hand and kept to the UK.

Xander sighed and rolled over to get some sleep before the meetings tomorrow.

&&&&&

Harry dreamed of hunting, not as a human, but as a wolf, his prey ahead injured and waiting for the end.

He came to the Stag and leapt at it with his pack mates.

The stag was injured, but not without its power and reacted to the attack with an attack of his own, injuring more than one of his pack mates until he was finally able to be killed by Harry.

Harry leapt at him and used his weight and jaws to subdue the stag….Harry woke up sweating and with the taste of blood in his mouth.

 

End Chapter 17