Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Family

By Danu40k

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

I would like to thank my new Beta DennSedi for the help with my story

&&&&&

The meeting with Travers went about as smoothly as Xander expected, meaning rough roads ahead.

Travers and his boss kept going on and on about how the Magical World was at fault for this just like WWII and that they would have to go in to clean up their mess.

Needless to say, it didn’t go well with everyone else in the room.

 

They wouldn’t even acknowledge Xander’s POV about Kruft trying for ascension, claiming that he had no idea what he was talking about. And Xander had no way to prove it without letting it out that he was from the future.

Xander threw his tie away, where Tuck banished it to be hung back up, and headed off to get a drink.

Sirius had already beaten him to the Firewhiskey and he wanted his one glass before heading off to the gym to work out his frustrations

About the only good thing they had gotten from the whole mess was that due to the intervention of the new Ministry, the Werewolves were staying out of it.

Or at least the UK were’s were.

They liked the fact that they could get jobs now and had access to Wolfsbane potions when needed.

Animals such as Fenrir Greyback had already headed off to answer to their new Master though and that was going to be rough.

The Vampires were keeping neutral this go around. They had been used as cannon fodder in the last war and had no doubt that it would be the same now.

With the Ministry allowing them to open Blood Bars in Knockturn, they were planning on staying right where they were. And as long as they kept to the new treaty about not killing or harming humans and other sentient beings, they could happily get their donated blood.

Kosovo was another matter entirely though. The were’s and the vampires were running rampant and the Watchers were going to be bringing in hunting teams and a Slayer to deal with it.

Xander himself was planning on heading out to hunt as well, only he would be doing it with Sirius and having Remus stay behind as the ambassador to the packs in the UK.

It was March now and if they did it according to plan they would be back in time for the Equinox and Harry.

&&&&&

Harry;

I heard that things have now calmed down with the suspension of the two trouble makers: Boot and Cornfoot, and that Earl has discontinued the open classes as well.

Good, that means you are not distracted in his classes at least.

I am also happy to see that Hufflepuff beat Ravenclaw soundly. Thankfully Diggery is as good as you made him out to be and between that and the fact that their Keeper bottomed out, kept it at a good score to boot.

As far as I know, we are still on for the Spring Equinox and I will be picking you up.

Sirius and I have to go out of town for a bit and I will try my hardest to be there for you.

If I can’t be there, then at least Remus will be there to help you with the wards.

I have talked to Mrs. Woodard and she told me that she had been helping you work on your meditation and I feel that it will help you and your nightmares a lot so keep it up as much as you can.

I have talked to Sirius and Earl about them as well and Sirius thinks that you may try not only meditation but to become the wolf. He thinks that you could be an Animagus which would be cool.

I think I know the type of wolf and if I am right, you will be happy to know that their job is to keep the balance so that should help you as well.

I have sent along the books that you wanted for you library and am glad that you are using the library we put together for you.

Got to go;

Xander

&&&&&

 

Xander and Sirius were teamed up with hunters from the US who were helping the ICW and the UN try to keep things from getting worse.

They had already taken out some of the demons Kruft had brought about and were working with other demons to take out more.

Kruft hadn’t taken into account that the demons already here wouldn’t like the fact he was bringing in higher level demons since, if they won, the locals would be slaves, so Xander was getting their aid as well.

Most of the time Xander spent in Bosnia was as go between with the humans on one side and the local demons on the other.

The Watchers scoffed about getting aid from demons and had called him a traitor to the human race for attempting to do so.

Xander didn’t care though, he just wanted Kruft to fall and until then wanted to keep the deaths to a minimum.

The demons were already taking out the rouge Were’s and the Vampires so that was helping there, and they were starting on the medium level demons soon to get their levels down.

They knew that Kruft knew about the take outs, but so far had done nothing but torture a few he had caught.

Xander was just happy to see that Kruft hadn’t brought in more of the higher levels than he had.

He had heard through the grapevine that Kruft had only been able to bring in so many and that the rest would negotiate when he had control of a country, so now Xander was coming up with plans to take them out as well.

Right now, they were looking down on a camp; Xander could feel the pain and suffering from here, especially since the Dementors were hyping it.

The guards looked to be demons as well, though of a lower cast.

Xander was waiting on the Watchers to get into place to take out the guards while they took out the Dementors and the officers, afterwards the Watchers were to take out the Frecoms. So it was a matter of holding the line while they did so.

This was not the only base being hit today, they wanted to take out as many and as much as possible as fast as possible without having him plan for them ahead and waiting for them.

Xander noticed a shadow that was moving just as the word went out to attack so instead of taking out the guard he was supposed to he worked his way over to take out the shadow demon that was going to start hunting the hunters.

Sirius noticed Xander moving after something and followed, catching site of Xander fighting with…something, he wasn’t sure what.

Others soon joined in with the first as though Xander were summoning them to attack him; next thing Sirius knew, there was a scream loud enough for the others to hear and then…nothing, the shadows were gone and Xander was injured.

Sirius carefully headed over to Xander and lifted him up to portkey out of there and to safety.

&&&&&

 

Xander was in pain, the shadow demons had taken a good chunk out of his side and it was all the healers could do to save him, It finally took a Mora Demon’s blood willingly given to close the wounds he had and soon others from the various strike teams started to arrive and the Healers and the Mora were busy saving others.

&&&&&

 

When Xander woke up, he found himself to be in the infirmary in German and the raids over with.

He saw Sirius sitting next to his bed; <Croak>, ‘well that sounded good’ he thought to himself and tried again. “How did we do?” He managed to get out.

Sirius brought over a glass of water and slowly let him drink.

“We did good, Kruft was NOT prepared for us. He and Milosevic hadn’t thought about us attacking their precious camps and were completely unprepared. We were able to take out the Frecoms and the Camlots altogether, but he is going to be able to bring in more Dementors, the area is ripe for it.” Sirius told him.

“By the way, we all want to know what you were fighting, seems a few others in the various camps came across them as well and whatever they are took a big bite out of our forces. We lost about a quarter of our people just from them. When we described them to the Watchers, they all said that we were making it up and that it had to have been something else.”

Sirius helped Xander sit up and a Healer came over to check on him before going back to her desk.

When the Guard noticed Xander was awake, he summoned his boss and soon others were in the room with them, all asking the same question; “What were they?”

“They are what I basically call the Shadow Demons, they are the great granddaddy’s of the imps. Unlike their descendants, Shadow Demons can and WILL hurt you. Their like a few of the others Kruft has brought in to serve him; Fear Demons that like to eat their prey as they feast on them. They are easy to kill if they are alone, but together, they have a pack identity and will overtake their prey.

I’ve run into them before and had a feeling that he would pull them in so I came prepared to take them out. I tried to tell the others, but they all listened to the Watchers and laughed that they would be there.

The Watchers know that there are few of them left and don’t feel that they would endanger themselves by coming here.”

The leader of the strike force looked at him and said; “From now on you tell ME what you think, I think I’d rather hear from you about something that might eat my people, then to watch it happen again and have those Watchers just laugh at me and my men over it.”

The others nodded and patted him on the shoulder before they left.

Sirius brought over some soup for him to drink and then headed off to get some sleep now that Xander was awake.

End Chapter Ninteen