Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


FamilyBy Danu40k                

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.                

 I would like to thank my beta DennSedi for the help with my story 

~ooOoo~                

 “Alright Harry, relax and let your memories do the work for you. You know what you are doing; all we are doing now is training your body to do it.” Peter Woodard had his sword out and was trying to spar with Harry, but it was like he was blocked or something, or at least fighting within himself so he couldn’t work properly.               

 “Let go Harry,” Xander said in a far off voice; “Let the Force guide you.”                

Harry moved his sword down and glared at Xander. “Do you mind?”               

 “Actually no, that is why I’m always in trouble.” Xander returned with a grin.               

Peter lowered his sword and looked at the two of them. “Actually he’s right in a way.” He told a shocked Harry.               

 “You’re too tense.  Instead of sparing I think we should just work on the Katas I taught you.  Start at the beginning and work your way through the Katas then start over again with each pass sinking you into a relaxed state.  Keep going until I tell you to quit.”               

Harry nodded and placed himself into Form 1 Position 1 and took a deep breath to center himself, then began his routine.  Each pass, each stretch, he relaxed more and more until he was deep within himself and the forms flowed from one to another before adding more forms and positions than he had already been taught.               

Peter let this happen for a bit, before telling Harry to stop, but maintain his meditative state and prepare for the two man forms, striking him slowly and then slowly speeding up.               

Xander watched as they sped up to real time fighting and the swords and movements became a blur.                

The fighting lasted a good twenty minutes before Harry beat Peter and Xander called a halt.               

Harry stood back and seemed to become aware of himself again as Xander helped Peter get up.               

 Xander looked at Harry; “Do you remember what you just did?”               

Harry nodded.               

 “I want you to sink down into yourself like you do when you are meditating and work on calling that up each time you pull a sword or other weapon until you can do it without thinking.  Think you can do that?” Xander asked.               

Harry shrugged and sat down with the sword in his lap to meditate.                

Xander and Peter left the room to let Harry meditate in peace.               

Peter looked at him; “If and when he can do that without thinking about it will be when I won’t have anything to teach him anymore as far as sword work. That is when we will get into the other weapons. We will head into axes and knives from there and maybe work with him better on staffs.”               

 Xander nodded his head, “yeah that is what I figured.  When he gets better I’ll get involved so that he can learn to fight multiple people at the same time.”                

Xander left to find Sirius while Peter headed up to his room to shower and change.               

 “Harry is meditating now with his sword, give it a half hour or so before you interrupt and get him to work on his Animagus training.” Xander told him.               

Sirius nodded to show he agreed and went off to monitor Harry. 

~ooOoo~                

Xander was at Hogwarts talking to the Headmistress and what was left of the heads of houses.               

 “I found an excellent head for Slytherin and for the potions position.  Her name is Caroline De Winter. I talked to her with Remus and Mrs. Longbottom and we seem to agree that she would be the best. We have set up an appointment for you to talk to her and check her out.” Xander told McGonagall. She, herself, had decided to stay on as Headmistress so there would be no problem there.                McGonagall pursed her lips together before nodding and writing the date down so she could remember.                

 Xander looked at the heads of houses; “next, I have contacted the Broom Company and they have agreed to gives us the brooms in return for endorsements from the players.  I tried to get the same deal with Nimbus, but they wouldn’t go for it, thinking that there was no way we would go with an American company and one that was little known about to boot.”                

Flitwick and Sprout grinned at the thought of getting on equal footing with the Gryffindors for the next season.                

 “I’ve been in talks with Madam Hooch and she agrees that if the kids get a chance to go to Quidditch Camp and get pointers from the players like Harry and Ron did, then the game would get better here, so I have set up a time schedule for each team to go to camp so no one would interfere and get the other teams plays.  All we need is the parent’s permission since I’ll be paying for it.” Xander told them               

Everyone’s eyes danced with glee over this and McGonagall handed each both Flitwick and Sprout the letters for their students.  She would be sending off the letters to the Slytherin students herself and let each of them decide if they wanted to go or not so they could rebuild their team.                

Once everyone left the room, Xander got into a serious discussion with McGonagall.  “I’ve arranged for the goblins to come in to fix the school so that you have heating in the winter and air-conditioning in the hotter months as well as to fix the areas that about to fall in.  It will take a few years to get it all done, but until then you will have some construction zones you will need to work around.”               

She nodded her head, they had been talking about it in meetings with the board for a few months and she agreed it would be worth the hassle of moving rooms to teach the students and blocking off areas that are being worked on.               

 “Is Mr. Patterson going to continue teaching?” He asked her.               

 “For now, he seemed quite taken with the atmosphere here and decided to continue so we have a contract for at least one more year.  He will also be taking over Gryffindor so we won’t have to worry about that.” She replied.               

Xander grinned, that took a load off him.  He hadn’t been looking forward to the board getting someone else into the position.               

“What about the war?” McGonagall asked him.               

 “We could be better, but at least we aren’t literally being eaten alive like we were in the beginning.  On the down side, we have found out that Kruft is doing medical experiments on the prisoners like the Nazi did to their prisoners.  There are hints that the allies are getting views on the demons we are fighting and are fighting alongside of and that are a very bad thing.  If a government decides to do a Kruft and start to capture demons good or bad, it won’t be long before they discover magic as well and the accords we got after WWII will come to an end.’                

McGonagall sucked in her breath, it was worse than she had thought.  If the accords went then it wouldn’t be long before the Secrecy Statutes would be gone as well and the Muggles would be after them.                

 From there, talk turned to lessons planned and teachers needed.  Law and Politics was such a hit, that they were thinking about making it a regular class as an elective.  Xander also wanted to see if an art class and or a music class could be made available as well, either as a class or as a club.  Dumbledore himself said that it was a magic that they didn’t teach here and Xander wanted to change that.                

Finally it was time to leave and head back home.               

Xander took his leave and headed towards the door, when he was stopped by McGonagall; “do you think we will actually lose the accords?”                Xander stopped and thought, “It’s still in the air and we are using our allies in the demon community sparingly so that there is less of a chance to be seen. So, not yet and we are working on it to be never.”               

 She nodded her head and he smiled at her to relieve the tension, then turned and left.

 End Chapter Twenty-Two