Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


FamilyBy Danu40k                

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.                

 I would like to thank my beta DennSedai for the help with my story

 ~ooOoo~                

Kruft leaned back in his chair as he watched the Dementor finish off Voldemort.  It had been a simple matter to find where he was hidden and capture him; they only had to follow Crouch to do so.               

Crouch was sent to the medical area and was already under their loving care while the other so called Dark Lords and Ladies of Europe were already bending their wills to him.               

 Yes, soon he would take care of Milosevic as well and turn him into the puppet that Hitler had been to his Master.               

This would prove him to the higher courts and get him the help he needed to finish off the ICW and their helpers.               

 Of course if he had the help now it would be easier and by the time he got the help he wouldn’t need it. Lovely Catch 22, he thought to himself.                The demons he had been able to bring forth were lower and middle level and already the ICW and the Watchers were taking them out.               

He was now having problems getting more help since none of them wanted to go against the shock troops the Watchers had brought in.  It was only the fact that the demons had a ready food source in the camps that allowed him to have the help he had.               

He had recruited several of his students when they graduated and his spies were working on the lower years so he had his own troops when the time came.               

 His biggest worry now was America and Russia, he was waiting for the other shoe to drop when they joined the fight to bring him down.                America already had troops helping the UN Peacekeepers and there was talk of them bringing in their own magical troops, and he was paying close attention to the behemoth that was the Russian magical troops.  The Communists may had fallen and taken their government with them, but their troops were nothing to sneeze at and he had learned his lesson on the effects of having a multi front war going on and had vowed to not make that mistake.                

The spectacle over with, Kruft left the room and headed back to his office to take care of the paperwork.

 ~ooOoo~               

Xander looked over the papers he had; Kruft was getting more and more aligned with the middle level demons and it was looking bad.                They had already been in talks with America and had word that they would be sending troops to help.               

No one wanted to see the accords go and thankfully the American president wasn’t a right wing religious fanatic.  He had been told what was going on and after some proof had gotten involved with getting the troops needed to fight Kruft.               

 Russia was making moaning noises about Kruft, but so far had their own problems and had stayed out of it.  How long that would last, he had no idea.               

England’s Prime Minister had been told the truth when he had won the election and was now in talks with Minister Seeley about protection for the regular troops when they were in areas where Kruft had his forces. The same with the other European Ministers.               

Xander didn’t know if this was a good idea or not since it would mean more people finding out about magic. Everyone was in agreement about keeping the Accords intact and were trying to work out how to do that and yet fight at the same time.                 The D&D books that Xander had given the twins were now in high demand from the higher ups so that they can figure out whether or not a particular demon was on their side or the other.                 Even the Watchers were asking for a copy.                

Silver was going up in price because the governments were asking for bullets and knives with at least a covering of silver.                

Xander had given over his designs for wooden bullets and other weapons he had put together when he was in Sunnydale and they were mass producing them left and right.                

The magical forces and the Watchers were surreptitiously going around and blessing weapons and bullets to help the forces fight the demons.                

 Thankfully the Croat part of the war was over with and they now had a union of Croatia and Bosnians to fight against Milosevic and Kruft.                 Xander looked at the clock and decided that he had better finish his reports and then head out to see what Sirius and the kids were up to; it was too quiet so he knew they were up to something. 

~ooOoo~                

 “HARRY JAMES POTTER COME BACK HERE!” was the first thing Xander heard as he came in the door from the ICW meeting.               

 Xander watched as a large wolf ran past him with an irate Sirius chasing after him his mouth and bald head foaming pretty colors.               

 Xander snickered as he watched Sirius change into Padfoot so that he could run better, which made it even funnier since, as Padfoot, he had purple stripes and bald lines all over his body.                Xander couldn’t hold it in any longer and leaned against the wall laughing.  Xander shook his head and headed in to get his soda and then to change clothes, before realizing that Harry had changed forms.               

He whooped and started to go after them so that he could congratulate Harry on a job well done.               

 Xander found them in the gym area and watched as Sirius was dunked into the pool by Harry. Xander watched as the pool changed colors to match Sirius’ hair which made it even funnier.               

Xander waved to Harry and watched as he changed back into human form to come and tried to hide behind him.               

Sirius came over and tried to get around Xander to get Harry, but Xander looked at him and said; “I think this repays you for the prank you pulled yesterday.               

Sirius could see he wouldn’t have any help there so he mumbled something and turned to go out the door and back up to his room.               

 “You missed it in all that running and such, but Harry here changed forms showing he is now an Animagus.” Xander told him before he could get out.               

Sirius stopped, then thought for a moment, then whooped and went to grab Harry who was still hiding behind Xander.               

 “This calls for a party, don’t you think?” Xander told both of them. Harry nodded his head grinning while Sirius laughed and headed back to his room to get ready. 

~ooOoo~                

Xander had rented a large room at the Leaky Cauldron for the party and had Tom and his staff cater it.               

He had several of Harry’s class mates (and not just Gryffindor either, but Hufflepuff and a few Slytherin he had made friends with as well as Lisa Turpin from Ravenclaw since she was friendly with the group)                

None of which knew the real reason for the party was the fact that Harry was now an Animagus. They thought that the party was just a way to get friends over for fun.               

 Xander called out to everyone in the room; “Listen up! I have been in talks with the board and McGonagall and it has been decided that each team will be going to Quidditch Camp so that they can be a better team and make the game more exciting, so you better work hard when you go to camp the first week of July for Hufflepuff, the second week for Slytherin, the third week for Gryffindor, and the final week for Ravenclaw.”               

Yells and grins could be seen and heard throughout the room.               

Xander held up his hands for quiet. “Now for those of you, who are lamenting that you can’t go because of funds, never fear Xander is here.  I have paid for each team to go and for the Slytherins who want to go so that they can try out for their team this coming year as well.”                More cheers rang out and confetti was thrown around the room.               

 ~ooOoo~                

Xander led Harry over to Madam Bones where she had a book in hand.               

“This is the registry and I need you to sign this paperwork to make everything legal. Your guardian has already supplied the pictures and descriptions so you don’t have to worry about that, I just need you to fill out you name and age when you first changed, and then your signature.               

Harry happily signed and handed the book back to her.               

 “Congratulations Harry on being the first of your generation to change.”  She smiled at him and headed out to the other room where the other adults were holding court.               

 Upon hearing this, the twins sneaked up to Harry and wrapped their arms around him.                “You know Harry…”               

“You will have to tell us…”               

“How you did this so that…”               

 “So we can do it…”               

 “As well.” The twins finished together.                “You’ll have to talk to Padfoot about that since he is the one who trained me.”  He told them.                The twins looked feral for a moment, and then they turned and headed to Sirius. 

~ooOoo~                

Molly wasn’t sure she could handle the twins and Ron being away. It was quiet…too quiet. She knew she was being ridiculous, the boys were off at Potter Manor and Ginny was off to a friend’s house so she should be relaxed right?               

She sighed and got up to fix some tea, thinking about what was bothering her, when it came to her; “The twins were with the Marauders! Oh nothing good could come from this.” She lamented.  ~ooOoo~                

Xander had on his goggles and was looking around, hoping to catch the enemy before he was caught himself.               

He sniffed the air…There…He pointed his gun at the boulder and watched while trying to get a good shot on the person on the other side of the boulder before  ducking and jumping then rolling to come up facing the enemy he had almost let get behind him.               

He fired then restocked and fired again before getting them and the stalking horse behind the boulder.               

 “@#$%! You win again!” Shouted Sirius.                Xander grinned as he took off his goggles and holstered his paintball gun.               

The twins were on the ground hamming up their death scenes and Harry was wiping the paint from his head.               

Sirius cleaned the mess that was Harry’s hair, “accidentally” getting rid of the hair while doing it.               

Harry just shrugged and told him it would regrow.                

Xander slapped him on the back and they got the twins up from their moment of death and headed back to the manor to clean up for supper.               

 Xander had been training Harry and the others in the art of tracking and teamwork when hunting and, while they still needed work, they *were* doing better at it. It was a sneaky way to teach them but it was working. They had almost caught him today, as such it was time to change partnerships and take Harry onto his team and work on him using both his human form and his Animagus form in tracking and capturing his foe. He would work on the alternative later when he was older. 

End Chapter Twenty-Three