Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Family

By danu40k

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

I would like to thank Harry Potter Lexicon for their aid in this chapter

Please note that I need for Harry to have three months off of school instead of two

&&&&&

Xander woke up the next morning and stretched. Getting out of bed, he headed to the dresser to get some underwear and a t-shirt, and then to the closet to get some pants.

From there he headed to the bathroom and decided to try the tub. He picked a smell that he had liked, when Harry was demonstrating yesterday, and set the plug and then turned on the tap.

&&&&&

After the bath, Xander looked at his electric razor and thanked the Goddess that he had enough sense to do some magic on it and his watch, so that they worked no matter what.

Xander discovered that he could do magic right after the whole Primal Hyena thing. And, unlike Willow, he found that he enjoyed the ritual. It gave balance to his chaotic life. He tried to meditate every night and pray to the Goddess for aid in keeping him calm. Especially each time the group had tried to marginalize him.

After Rayne’s spell on Halloween, he found that he was able to do Chaos Magic as well. And after Eygon, he had decided to keep to the rituals, and make sure he didn’t fall into the traps that Giles and Ethan had.

He carefully shaved his face and neck and then combed his hair. Then, after brushing his teeth, he headed to Harry’s room.

There he found Harry already up and eating his breakfast; solid food this time. Empty vials of potions placed on the bedside table.

Xander sat in his chair and ordered Tuck to bring him some breakfast as well.

“I’m going shopping today. I’m going to get you some clothes that fit as well as some pj’s so that you don’t have to continue to wear mine.” Xander told Harry.

Harry blushed. “You don’t have too.”

Xander interrupted, “Yes I do. You need clothes that fit. You also need swim trunks for the hot tub and the pool. Unless, of course, you want to go sky clad.” He finished with a grin.

At Harry’s questioning look, Xander explained; “Sky clad means naked.”

Harry’s eyes got big and he started to shake his head. “No that’s ok. Swim trunks are much better.” He said quickly.

Xander grinned at winning the argument.

&&&&&

After getting his wallet and things, Xander grabbed the key and portkeyed to the Goblin Bank.

He was met by a burly Goblin; “Key please.” He said to Xander.

Xander handed him the key.

The Goblin’s eyes grew big for a moment before his face fell back into a frown. “This way Master Ravenclaw.” He said to Xander.

“Um…It’s Harris now.” Xander corrected.

The Goblin nodded and led Xander to an office door. The name Ragnok on the doorplate.

The Goblin, knocked on the door, and then headed in. Xander behind him. The Goblin inside was older than the one guiding Xander. He was sitting at a large desk which was covered with files and parchment.

The Goblin, Ragnok Xander presumed, looked up menacingly before the guide handed Xander’s key to him.

Ragnok took the key and looked at it…then looked at it harder. Getting up to bow to Xander.

“Master Ravenclaw, it has been many years since one of your line has come to us.”

Xander bowed back. “It’s Harris now.” He told Ragnok.

Ragnok nodded and sat back in his chair motioning Xander to sit in one of the other chairs. “Master Harris it is then. What can Gringotts do for you?”

Xander pulled out his wallet then his ID and Driver’s License. “First off I need a new birth certificate. That way I can get a new license and ID card. Then I need money. Money for both the Magical World and the Mundane…Um I mean the Muggle World.”

Ragnok nodded. “We can not only get you a new birth certificate, but also the ID card and a American Driver‘s License. Would you like them to be as an English citizen or a citizen of both America and England?” He said, getting up and going to a filing cabinet.

“Both please if you can.” Xander told him. Watching as the Goblin pulled out several files.

 

&&&&&

A few hours and several questions later, Xander was the proud citizen of Britain and had his new ID card and American driver‘s license. He would need to study and take a drivers course to get his British license since Britain had different driving laws.

According to his ID and birth certificate, he was born in 1973, in a English hospital, to an English national, making him a British citizen. Since he was taken, after birth, to America, where he received his American citizenship, he was now a citizen of both nations.

&&&&&

Once in Diagon proper, Xander slowly went from one store window to the next looking at things he might need. Just off Diagon, in an alley called Knockturn Alley, he found a trunk shop. Remembering the beat up trunk Harry had, Xander went inside.

Coming out with two shrunken multi level trunks.

His next shop was the apothecary where he found some of the herbs and plants he needed to set up his Alter and Anthame. Unfortunately he was going to have to go find an apothecary or better yet, a Pagan run shop, in the Mundane World. To get the rest.

From there he headed into the Mundane World and looked at the shops nearby. Finally he gave up and flagged down a taxi. He to the driver he wanted to go to the nearest mall.

&&&&&

Once at the mall, Xander headed to the nearest store that sold clothing for young adults (and was not the GAP or any store like that) and headed towards the t-shirt section. He found several with sayings that he thought Harry would like and several that were just plain.

After paying for his purchases he headed to the sports shop where he bought Harry several different colored sweats and then a pair of trainers.

Harry would not be going places much and until his growth spurt happened, Xander wasn’t going to get him any pants that would fit *right now*.

From there he headed to a shop that reminded him of Spencer’s and asked inside if they knew of any Pagan shops.

He was quickly given a few business cards.

In return he bought several candles and a small statue of Pinhead.

&&&&&

After he was done shopping he headed back to the Manor by way of the Key.

&&&&&

Xander arrived home in time for dinner and made arrangements to have dinner with Harry in the dining room. He then went upstairs to get Harry.

He found that Harry was dressed in a set of sweats that he had bought him.

 

Xander carefully picked Harry up and headed downstairs. Answering Harry’s question of where they were going by placing him in his seat at the dining table.

Xander went over to his seat, which was across from Harry, and began to eat. Pointing to the food and getting Harry to eat as well.

“Thank you for the clothes Xander.” Harry said between bites.

“No problem Harry. I had errands I needed to do anyway so it was no big deal. Oh! I got us both a pressie.” He told Harry.

At Harry’s quirked eyebrow, Xander continued. “Not until later. I want to show you around the place after dinner.”

Harry happily finished his meal and took his potions then waited for Xander to finish.

Xander came around the table and picked up Harry to show him around. Leaving the hot tub for last.

“We’ll get you into the pool in the morning to exercise a bit, then the hot tub. Then I’ll rub you down to finish off the muscle aches you’ll have. After that a hearty lunch, and probably a nap. If not we’ll head into the game room and play around.” Xander told him as they headed back up the stairs.

Harry nodded happily. He was finally getting out of bed and reading.

&&&&&

After getting Harry on his bed, Xander reached into his pocket and removed one of the trunks.

Putting his fingers on the two green dots, he pushed them, and then placed the trunk on the floor. Watching as it grew.

Harry was amazed.

Xander happily danced around much to the amusement of Harry.

Xander came back over to the trunk. “It has three levels, with most of them being for the library. We’re going to copy the books in the library and put them in there. That way you don’t have to fight over research materials. I had to in the past and it’s a pain.” He stated, looking hopefully at Harry.

Harry got up and looked at it while Xander came over and showed him how to work it.

&&&&&

Xander woke up the next day and stretched. Going over to the clothes he had laid out for the morning. “Dobby!” He called out.

Dobby popped in. “I want Harry showered and dressed in his swim suit for his exercises this morning. When he is done, have him wait for me to bring him down to the dining room.”

Dobby nodded and popped out and back to Harry’s room.

Xander then headed to the bathroom to shower himself.

&&&&&

After breakfast, Harry happily let Xander carry him into the pool area.

Xander got him stripped of his sweat suit and then after Xander got out of his, Xander let him get into the water by himself.

&&&&&

After exercises and the hot tub, Xander got the boy back up to his bedroom. Getting Dobby to help him strip a tired Harry, Xander grabbed a sheet and some oil he had picked up the previous day and began to rub Harry down. Placing the sheet over Harry, Xander flipped the sheet up from the bottom, uncovering Harry’s legs. Xander kept the sheet from going too far up and making Harry any more self conscious than he was. Xander took the oils and rubbed some in his hands, then began to rub down Harry, starting with his legs and working up.

After he was done, Harry was sound asleep. Xander had Dobby help Harry into some pj’s and in to the bed.

&&&&&

Xander himself, went back to the pool to do some laps, Then he went over to one of the side rooms where he had found several weight sets and began his workout.

After he was done he got into the hot tub and relaxed for a bit.

One of the side rooms was a sauna and the other was a steam room. Xander had told Tuck he wanted them working soon so that he could use them with Harry.

&&&&&

After Xander was through, he went to check on Harry. Finding him still asleep.

So he headed in to take a shower and then set up a room next to his for his Alter, Anthame, and candles for meditation and prayer. Getting the House Elves to clear the room next to his out so that he could use the whole room for the rituals he used. After that was done he sat down next to the alter and began to meditate. Sending a prayer up to aid him in helping Harry.

&&&&&

The next morning, the Healer arrived to check up on Harry. Finding him in better health and told Xander to continue what he had been doing.

He stopped several of the potions saying they were no longer needed, but told Harry to continue the nutrition potions until he started to have his first growth spurt.

On the way out he handed Xander the day’s paper and told him he should start to get a subscription. He might find the next few days illuminating.

The headlines in the paper were about a man named Sirius Black who was finally getting a trial after serving eleven years in Azkaban.

This was happening because Peter Pettigrew had been found alive and well, and it was rumored that he had the Dark Mark on his arm.

The names had struck a bell with Xander and it took several moments to recognize them.

Hallie had supplied the names of the two who would be helping him with Harry. And this was one of them.

Xander figured that this Sirius person was the one she said had gone through ‘Hell on Earth.’ Being placed in Azkaban would certainly fit.

Xander checked the date for the trial; he made plans to show up. He would take Harry.

He handed the paper to Harry. “The man, Sirius Black, is your Godfather according to the information Hallie gave me. We should plan on showing up to show our support.” Xander told him as Harry read the headlines. “We’ll bring him back here to recuperate from the whole mess.” Xander continued, with Harry giving him a nod.

&&&&&

On the morning of the trial, Xander got Harry up early and had him use the tub so that he smelled good. After Harry was through Xander took a bath as well. Today they were going out in public and needed to make a statement. Showing support to family.

Harry got dressed in his best school robes and clothes.

Xander also got dressed in his dress clothes. He had had the Elves wash and press both of their outfits, as well as shine their shoes.

From there, they headed to the Ministry.

Once in the Ministry they had to push their way through both the crowds and the press who suddenly realized that the Boy-Who-Lived was there.

Several Auror came and moved them off after Xander promised that he would have there would be a press conference afterwards. He *didn’t* promise that either Harry or Sirius would be there.

&&&&&

Entering the courtroom, they noticed that it was very plain in many instances. There were no doors except the ones they came through and the one over by the stadium style seating, in which several people were already seating themselves, and no windows.

Xander noticed that there was a chair in the middle of the blank space between the public seating and the stadium style seating. The chair had chains on and around it.

There were two tables. One held a quivering rat faced small man. His eyes were teary and small. His hair lay limp and colorless and he was slowly going bald. He was missing the index finger on his right hand.

At the other table sat a regal man, his long black hair freshly washed and combed. He was gaunt and had shrunken eyes. His face was pasty white and seemed to be stretched across his skull.

‘This must be Black’ Xander thought to himself. Therefore he guided Harry to sit behind the man’s table.

Next to them sat a man. His hair was a light brown with flecks of grey. His clothes were shabby and darned in many places. Though he looked young, he also looked very tired and ill.

The man looked over at his seatmates his eyes got wide. His hand shaking. “Harry?”

Harry looked over at the man while Xander tensed in case he decided to do something.

The man held out his hand for Harry to shake. “My name is Remus Lupin. I was a friend of your parents.”

Harry looked at the man for a moment then; “Moony?”

The man shakily nodded his head. Harry reached over and hugged the man. The prisoner in front of them looked back. “Moony? You came?” He said his eyes filled with hope. “And Harry? Merlin what happened to you?” He asked looking at Harry’s bald head. Thankfully the bruises and stitches were gone.

Xander reached forward so that Sirius could see him. “Harry ran into a bit of a problem with his aunt and uncle. I’m his new guardian. The name’s Xander.”

Sirius was forced to turn away as they started the trial. While Lupin/Moony continued to stare at Harry and Xander.

&&&&&

Cornelius Fudge was the first to be summoned. The man who came to the front was a portly little man. He was wearing a pinstriped suit with painted purple boots. His tie was scarlet. And his robes were black.

He sat down in the chair with the chains. The chains rattled a moment before going silent.

 

He was asked several questions by the woman in front of the panel of judges. Basically stating that; yes, he was the first one the scene, and that yes, he was the one who “captured” Mr. Black.

 

He was sent back to his seat.

The next to be called was Alistair Moody. The man who came forward looked like he had seen many battles…and lost.

His hair was a grizzled dark grey. His eyes…one was normal, the other…was weird. It was a vivid blue and moved independently of the other. It was in constant motion. Sometimes even moving to the inside of the mans eye socket. He was missing his left leg and had a pirate’s leg instead. His face was scarred and his nose was missing several chunks.

When he took the stand, the chains didn’t dare do anything.

 

He too was asked several questions about the capture of Sirius Black. When it came time to talk about Black’s wand, Moody stated that he didn’t get a chance to check for Prior Incantium. Fudge had broken the wand, claiming that this was to keep the prisoner from escaping.

There was a slight gasp from the audience about this and several members of the press were visibly writing on their pads.

Moody was excused and Sirius was called to the stand.

 

The chains rattled before rapping themselves around Sirius.

A gaunt man who was wearing black from head to toes, almost looking like a Burka, came in and gave something to him.

“What is your name?” asked the square jawed woman in front of the panel.

“Sirius Orion Black.” Answered Sirius in a dazed voice. Xander figured that the MIB had given Sirius some sort of drug. Maybe a truth drug. Something all the others hadn’t been given. Of course none of the others had been chained up either.

“Were you the Secret Keeper for the Potters?”

“No.” This simple statement gave the audience another gasp and more quill scribbles.

“Who was the Secret Keeper?”

“Peter Pettigrew.” Again more scribbles.

“Did you cast the spell that caused the death of thirteen Muggles?”

“No.”

“Who did?”

“Peter Pettigrew.”

The questioner signaled to the man in black to come forward. The man gave another liquid to Sirius and the chains released him allowing him to return to his seat.

Pettigrew was finally summoned forth.

Again the chains wrapped around him.

Again the MIB came forth a gave him some type of liquid. Pettigrew’s eyes seemed to go funny like Sirius’ had and the questioner came forward again.

“What is your name?”

“Peter Pettigrew.”

“Were you the Secret Keeper for the Potters?”

“Yes.”

“Did you betray them to the Dark Lord?”

“Yes.”

“Were you there when they were killed?”

“Yes.” The scribbles were going furiously now.

“Did you help kill them?”

“No.”

“Who did?”

“He-Who-Should-Not-Be-Named.” Another gasp was heard throughout the public area as the quills were going madly on their parchment.

“Did you cast the spell that killed thirteen Muggles?”
“Yes.”

“Why?”

“To get away from Sirius.”

“How did you escape?”

“I changed into a rat and went down the sewer.”

“Are you an illegal Animagus?”

“Yes.”

“Where have you been since you escaped?”

“Living with the Weasleys as a pet rat.

 

The woman signaled the MIB to come and give Pettigrew another liquid. The chains were removed and Pettigrew was *escorted* to his seat. Aurors stood around him.

The questioner called Kingsley Shacklebolt to the stand.

The man who came forward was a tall black man who wore a hoop earring in his left ear. The man was wearing a black pinstriped suit with a black tie and black robes.

He was asked several questions about his capture of Peter Pettigrew. The facts came down to Arthur Weasley discovering the man in human form and catching him just after he transformed into a rat. The same rat that was his son, Ron’s, pet.

Mr. Weasley had then called him and they took him in to be questioned.

“The only funny thing about the whole deal was the fact that Pettigrew kept claiming the lady did it. When asked what lady, he replied; ‘the lady who made me change shape and get caught.’”

Shacklebolt was excused and Arthur Weasley was called to the stand.

 

The man who came to the stand was a thin man going bald. His hair was red and he wore glasses.

He was wearing an ill fitting suit with travel worn green robes.

He was questioned and added little more information except to say he never saw a lady before or after he captured Pettigrew.

After dismissing Mr. Weasley, the woman claimed that there were no more witnesses and the panel sitting in the stadium seating stood up and left the room through the other door.

After the last person left, Sirius turned around in his chair and stared at Xander. “I want to know more about who you are.” He stated.

Moony joined him in staring at Xander and Harry.

Harry started to squirm in his seat at the attention

Xander turned to Harry, “are you ok? Getting tired or anything?” He asked worriedly. Bringing more attention from the other two and the press.

“I’m ok. The Healer gave me a Pepper-Up potion to take if I get to tired.” He told them.

Xander nodded. Then turned to Sirius. “Can we explain everything when the press isn’t around?” He asked them.

They looked around and noticed the press was watching them very closely.

Both nodded their acceptance though Xander believed that once they were at the Manor all gloves would be off as far as questions went.

&&&&&

It wasn’t long before the judges returned to the court with their decision.

“Will the prisoners rise?”

Sirius rose shakily, while the Aurors “helped” Pettigrew stand.

“Sirius Orion Black, in regards to the charges with Aiding and Abetting the Dark Lord in his attack on Mr. and Mrs. James Potter and in the killing Peter Pettigrew and thirteen Muggles. We, the Wizengamot, find you not guilty and charge that the ministry pays you one hundred and ten thousand galleons. Ten thousand galleons for each year you were incarcerated. We also find Cornelius Fudge guilty with obstruction of justice and fine him ten thousand galleons. This money is to be paid to the Ministry.”

“Peter Pettigrew, in regards to the charges of: being a Death Eater, Aiding and Abetting the Dark Lord in his attack on Mr. and Mrs. James Potter, in the killing of thirteen Muggles, and the framing of Sirius Orion Black. We, the Wizengamot, find you guilty of all charges. And order that you be Kissed. This action is to be done tomorrow morning at nine o’clock.”

“Arthur Weasley, charges have been made by parties that you should be charged with Aiding and Abetting in the escape of Mr. Pettigrew. We, the Wizengamot, find you not guilty and charge that you be given one thousand galleons as a reward for the capture of Peter Pettigrew. In bringing about the notice about this misuse of power from the administration of Under-Minister Crouch and the insistence - even to the threat of losing your livelihood - of giving Sirius Orion Black his fair trial; we award you the Order of Merlin Third Class. Congratulation.”

“Case closed.” With that the head of the judges banged a gavel down and people began to circulate, the press leaping forward some towards the Mr. Weasley, some towards Minister Fudge, and some towards them. Quickly pulling out his key he told the others to grab onto him and they port keyed out of the building and to Potter Manor.

Chapter Three End