Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Author's Chapter Notes:
Special thanks to Holdstock for his wonderful series of Lavondyss

Family

By danu40k

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement .is intended

&&&&&

Sirius stumbled a bit coming out of the portkey. Once Xander was sure everyone made it ok, he summoned Winken and had her make up the rooms on the second floor for Sirius and Remus. He then moved everyone to the Den/Study.

After making sure they were all seated, he went to the cabinet and got down the butterbeer, handing each of them a bottle.

Ok, some back story here. My name is Alexander Harris I am related to Harry through my mother Jessica, who is Harry’s aunt. My mother is the oldest of the three children born to Mr. and Mrs. Evans.”

He noticed both Sirius and Remus were nodding their heads; “I remember Lilly mentioning something about an older sister who had moved to America.” Sirius told everyone.

“I didn’t know much about my mom’s family since she didn’t talk much about them.” He told them. “A friend of my girlfriend came to me after Anya and my sister died and told me that I had a cousin who needed my help and that he was in deep trouble.”

“You have to understand that Hallie is a Justice Demon over Lost Childhoods and when she says that a child is in trouble, she means it.”

“When she told me this, I grabbed everything I could and she popped me to Harry’s hospital room where he was in Intensive Care. He looked pretty awful with stitches and bruises everywhere. When the Healer finished unhooking him from the machines the Mundanes had him on, Hallie popped us here to Potter Manor.” He finished.

Sirius looked dumbfounded. “You mean you consort with DEMONS?”

Xander shook his head. “I was born on the Hellmouth and after I found out about what actually lived there, I hunted there as well. I hunted mostly Vamps. But a lot of the time I also hunted other demons.

Hallie was a JUSTICE demon, meaning that she made sure that her charges, in this case children, had justice for their abuses and against their abusers. From what Hallie told me, the Dursley’s are in prison for what they did to Harry and whoever forced him to live there is in a nightmare prison every night. Harry’s cousin, Dudley, is in a military academy where he is treated as the freak to repay him for treating and abusing Harry for being a freak.”

Harry nodded. “I saw Hallie a few times when she made sure I had food and stuff, but when my uncle and cousin started to beat me seriously, she came in and made them stop, then made sure I was ok. When she found out I wasn’t she made sure I went to the hospital and then went and got Xander here to come and get me.”

Remus and Sirius thought about that for a moment before deciding that it was better that Harry was safe now that he was under the care of his cousin then when he was under the care of Petunia and her family. They also thought to themselves that at least now they could also keep an eye on things…and Xander.

&&&&&

Xander got up at his usual time and went in to the bathroom to shower. He then donned his swimsuit and towel and headed down to the pool room. He first headed to the weight room, then the pool for his laps. After that he went to the sauna and then back to the pool to cool down.

After he was through there, he headed up to his room, stumbling past Remus who was coming down the stairs.

“Morning,” he said. Towel wrapped around his neck. “I’m on my way up to shower and change I’ll be right down as soon as I check on Harry.”

Remus nodded sleepily.

Xander quickly went up the stairs to Harry’s bedroom finding him starting to wake up.

“Hey Harry, You want to do your work out today or what?” He asked the sleepy boy.

“Um…give me a minute,” was the reply.

Xander laughed and went in to shake his wet hair on the boy. “Hey! Watch it!” Harry yelled laughing.

“Or what?” Replied Xander still shaking his head.

“Ok…ok…I’m getting up!” Harry said as he tried to get away from Xander. He was *real* glad he didn’t have his glasses on.

Xander backed off. “So do you want to go to the pool and work out or just get your exercise by walking around downstairs like yesterday?”

“Um…Walking around. I’ll get up and do the pool tomorrow when I’m not as tired. I don’t want to be sleeping most of today away.” Harry replied.

“That’s what I thought. That’s why I went ahead and did mine. I’m going to head to the shower. Call Dobby and have him keep watch while you shower and get dressed. Remus is already sort of up. I think he was going to find the kitchen and try to find my coffee.” Xander said with a grin.

Harry waved at him as he left.

&&&&&

Xander planted Harry on the floor after carrying him down the stairs. Then went to find Remus. Finding him in the kitchen drinking coffee. Xander waved at him as he went to the cooling unit and got himself some soda. ‘Huh, going to have to get some more soon.’ He thought to himself.

Harry grabbed the can out of his hand and opened it, taking a drink. “Ah…” he said before Xander swatted him on the head and then reached down and got another one.

Xander turned around to see an amused Remus grinning around his coffee cup. “I figured you and Sirius would find my stash. Only have green tea around the house otherwise. No caffeine there. I’m probably going to go to the store later today. Let you have some time with Harry. Let me know if you want anything.” Xander and Harry went out of the kitchen and headed to the dinning room. Remus followed them in and sat down next to Harry.

“I arranged for the Healer to come by and look at Sirius today.” Xander said between bites. “I figured he would want to sleep in so I made the appointment for three this afternoon…” He finished.

Remus just nodded.

&&&&&

Remus went to get Sirius up for lunch. When they came down, Xander pointed to the chair on the other side of Harry. Knowing that Sirius would need to sit by his Godson. Remus came over to sit next to Xander so that he could watch his friend.

The meal was simple. Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. Xander figured a little comfort food was in order. Plus it was fairly gentle on the stomach.

The conversation was general with Harry being questioned by Sirius about school.

After lunch was over, Sirius, Harry, and Remus headed to the library to help Harry with his homework. While Xander went to the store.

&&&&&

Xander and Harry stayed out of the way when the Healer arrived. Sirius was led up to his room with Remus in tow.

While they were gone, Harry called Dobby to find out why he hadn’t received any mail yet.

Dobby got an apologetic look on his face, with Xander raising his eyebrow.

“Dobby is sorry Master Harry. Dobby took your letters personally to the Harry’s Weezies and to ‘Mione. But Dobby hasn’t been back to see if they have any mail for Harry.” Dobby began to hit his head on the floor. “Bad Dobby! Bad!” Xander and Harry immediately went over to the little Elf and tried to stop him. Harry was finally forced to give him an order to stop that stopped the Elf from doing anymore damage to himself. Xander’s attempt failed when the House-Elf ignored him.

Dobby looked at Harry like his world had ended. “It’s all right Dobby. You can go to them later and get the mail.” Harry said to him.

“Dobby will go now!” And with that Dobby popped out of the room.

“Well that went well.” Xander said sarcastically, Harry just raised his own eyebrow at him.

“I thought Hedwig did the mail?” Harry asked Xander.

Xander shrugged. “I‘ve had her getting the paper so she can get out more. I’ll have her come down to your room later today if you want.” Xander told him. Harry nodded.

&&&&&

An hour later found Harry reading the letters from his friends and those he considered his family when the Healer came downstairs.

“Sirius is fine considering what he went through. I gave Remus his prescriptions and I want you to oversee his exercise. Do it like you do Harry’s, that seems to work well.” He said to Xander.

Xander just nodded and saw the Healer off.

&&&&&

The next morning found the family at the dinning room eating breakfast. Harry and Xander had already had their workout for the morning and Harry had by-passed the hot tub and muscle rub. He didn’t want to be sleepy. Today, they were going to see Darkwood Castle. Harry’s ancestral home.

During WWII the castle had been hit by a stray bomb during the bombings of London. The plane carrying the bomb had been shot down as it entered Scotland. The plane itself and the bomb had been removed, but the damage had been done. The family moved permanently to the Manor house.

Now they were going to see if the castle could be repaired.

 

The House-Elves were putting together a picnic basket of food and drinks as well as the potions both Harry and Sirius were taking.

Winken and Dobby were going along to look after Sirius and Harry respectively.

They arrived by portkey arranged by the Goblins. They had their own man on site and were going to be discussing the matter of rebuilding with Harry and Xander.

&&&&&

While Xander was talking to the goblin about the repairs, Harry, Remus, and Sirius went off on their own.

Soon, though, Remus came running up. “Harry has disappeared into the woods!” He shouted as he came closer.

Xander took off running towards where he saw a distraught Sirius, Winken, and Dobby, running back and forth trying to gain entry into the woods.

Xander pulled him aside and asked him where Harry had gone in. Sirius pointed to a small trail. A trail that disappeared whenever Sirius or Remus got near it.

So Xander decided he should try as well.

He took his first step on the trail, then another. With each step he called out for Harry. By the time he realized he was in the woods he looked back and the trail was gone.

&&&&&

End Chapter Four