Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Families

By danu40k

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

&&&&&

August thirteenth. Finally time to meet with Dumbledore. Xander had all of the information for the meeting and felt secure that he could get what he wanted. Especially since Dumbledore needed Harry more than Harry needed him.

The meeting was to be held at the Leaky Cauldron at eleven o’clock, but Xander had arrived early to settle in and prepare.

Dumbledore had wanted the meeting to be held at Hogwarts, but Xander wasn’t about to let the old man have that kind of upper hand. Likewise, having it at Potter Manor, he wasn’t about to let that man into the sanctuary that they had set up for Harry.

At eleven o’clock a tired looking Dumbledore was shown into the room by Tom. His walk was slow as though he was in pain. Xander had made sure that his chair was against a wall facing the door. The table they were at was in front of him and he motioned Dumbledore to the chair across from him.

“Good morning Mr. Harris. Or would that be Xander?” Dumbledore asked.

“Mr. Harris is fine Mr. Dumbledore.” Xander replied.

“Would you care for some tea?” Xander asked after Dumbledore sat.

“Please.” Dumbledore replied.

Xander poured the tea into Dumbledore’s cup after which he poured one for himself, adding several spoons of sugar.

Xander, after taking a sip of tea, opened the negotiations. “There are going to be some changes made in order for Harry to attend Hogwarts this year and the years following.”

Dumbledore raised his eyebrow at that. “Indeed? Such as..?”

“The main one is that you keep your pet Death Eater on a leash with a muzzle. No more taking points off for breathing or answering questions. No more unnecessary detentions. Etc… In other words, it is time for Mr. Snape to grow up and quit treating Harry like he was his father.” Xander started.

“*Professor* Snape has my trust, though I will talk to him.” Dumbledore took a sip of his drink.

Xander looked at the man in front of him, feeling the tendrils of mind magic. “I see. Since you are so rude as to try and use mind magic’s on me, I call this meeting closed. I will be seeing to Harry’s education at home with tutors. I also have permission to have the Weasley children and Mr. Longbottom tutored as well.” Xander stood up and, after putting the papers on the desk into his briefcase, made to leave the room.

“I apologize. I wished to see to it that you were treating Harry well. You came out of nowhere to take Harry from his relatives where he was protected.”

Xander looked at the man for a moment, making sure to keep his face neutral. “I took him from the hospital where his oh so loving relatives placed him.” Xander refused to sit down. “If Harry and his friends are going to go to your school, there will have to be accommodations as well as changes.”

Dumbledore nodded.

“Also, you will make an Unbreakable Vow to not play your mind magic on myself or on any of them. This includes Ms. Granger. And you will get your pet Death Eater to Vow the same, the same with any of your other teachers that may have the ability. And you will tell me if they do. That will be part of your Vow.” Xander was firm on that and it showed in his voice.

Xander sat down again. “One, as I said, Mr. Snape is too placed on a tight leash with a very good muzzle. I hear one real complaint and I am pulling them out. And I will do so very publicly.”

Dumbledore nodded again.
“Two, to encourage this, the group will have a tutor teaching them Potions instead; Neville especially. He wishes to become an Herbalist and perhaps a Healer. Things he can’t do if he doesn’t have a good Potions grade in his NEWTS. Personally I wonder how many dreams that man has crushed because of his temper and unwillingness to actually teach his subject to anyone not a Slytherin.” Xander looked at Dumbledore as he placed his drink away from him. Not trusting Dumbledore to not have placed something in there while his back was turned.

“I promise that I shall keep Professor Snape on a leash as you call it. As such, I see no need to bring in people from the outside.” Dumbledore countered.

I do. And these things are non- negotiable. You will either accept this or I will home school.” Xander told him firmly.

“Three, they will have a tutor for History as well, unless, of course, you want to finally replace Binns. Harry and the others will need to know more than the Goblin Wars in the future.”

“I see. Any other concerns you would like to bring up?” Dumbledore asked.

“Harry and the others will also be taking lessons in Law and Politics. Harry and Neville both will have seats on the Wizengamot and right now are not being taught what to do there. They will also be taught etiquette. I have already picked out the tutors that will be coming with them to school. Their names are Mr. Peter Woodard, and his wife Patricia. Peter will be teaching History, and if needed Defense as well. Harry wants to wait and see about that, but doesn’t have high hopes about your Defense teacher this year. The past two didn’t teach him anything. Peter will also be teaching them martial arts and meditation. While Patricia will be teaching them Potions, Law and Politics, and Etiquette, and they will both help tutor Neville in his other classes. Until now, he has been working with his father’s wand and now that he has his own, he needs to learn to curb his power a bit. He overwhelms the object he is working on at the moment because he is so used to having to force his magic to do anything.” Xander finished; looking at the man in front of him, seeing the war between accepting all of this and having Harry at school or not accepting this slap in the face and not having Harry there.

Finally he nodded. “Very well, I accept your conditions.”

Xander opened his briefcase and pulled out two folders. “This is the contract I have had our lawyers draw up. By signing these you acknowledge your willingness to follow through on your promises.”

He placed both folders in front of Dumbledore.

Dumbledore opened the first and saw several pieces of paper bound together. Each stating that he would abide with the decisions.

He slowly read through each paragraph and noted several added things in there beyond what had been discussed.

“And these other things; ballpoint pens and paper, fountain pens, typewriters, are they non-negotiable as well?” he asked.

Xander shrugged. “Fountain pens and ball point pens and paper for taking notes, yes. Type writer’s no. I just feel that the rest of the world is moving into the twenty-first century while the British Wizarding World is stuck in the eighteenth.”

Dumbledore nodded and continued to read. He signed his name to the document and pulled over the other folder.

He noticed that it was a copy of the document he had just sighed and signed that one as well.

“Is there anything else I might do for you Mr. Harris?” He asked as he pushed both folders into the middle of the table.

Xander picked up one of the folders and placed it in his briefcase and shut the case. “That should do it for now. I’ll be writing to Harry and the others on a regular basis, so we shall see if more negotiations are needed.”

“Oh, I forgot to mention that the school will be getting new brooms in a few weeks. Harry said that the others are old and many of the spells are going on them. I have also set up for new brooms for Gryffindor to make up for Malfoy’s buy last year. Not that it is needed after all, Gryffindor still won against them.” Xander got up and held out his hand.

Dumbledore stood and reached out to shake Xander’s hand. “Indeed. I wish to thank you for that. We are in sore need of the new brooms.”

&&&&&

The next day, Harry, Ron, and Neville along with their families met with Dumbledore and Snape so that the Vows could be given. Hermione had joined them that morning so that she could get her shopping done as well as perhaps getting a pet.

Dumbledore freely gave his Vow, while Snape looked as though someone was torturing him.

&&&&&

Finally the Vows were finished and everyone was on their way, unfortunately not before Mrs. Weasley caught sight of her son’s earring. “Ronald Weasley! Just *what* have you done to yourself?! I let you stay with a friend for the summer and you come home like this? I put up with Bill’s earring, I will not put up with yours! I want you to take them out right this second!”

The others looked at him and grinned. “Way to go Ron!” Said the twins as they got a closer look at the ring and the ear cuff.

Mr. Weasley put his hand on her arm. “Now Molly, I told you about this.”

He whispered something in her ear, getting a heavy sigh in return.

“I know, but….” She tried to think of something that would get the child to give up his portkey earring.

“No buts Molly. I agree with the reasons given for this and I will allow him to keep it as long as he keeps it clean.” He told her. The other kids looking on. If Ron could get an earring, then it would be possible for them as well.

Mrs. Weasley sighed and nodded her head.

“What?! You mean Ron gets to have an earring and we don’t?” clamored the twins. With Ginny right behind them and Hermione looking on.

Xander took the kids aside and quietly told them that the earrings were emergency portkeys. And that was the only reason that he had been allowed to get his ear pierced.

They all looked at each other, and the twins said; “Fine we can live with that. But since we are also close to Harry we should get one too.” Ginny nodded emphatically.

Xander looked at Hermione, “I talked with your parents and got their written permission if you wanted and it was something tasteful.”

Hermione grinned and nodded her head.

Molly looked from the children to her husband and back before relenting. “Fine but it will not stand out and it will be tasteful. Merlin, what is the world coming to when my children…My Children need emergency portkeys.” She wailed.

Ginny smiled at the thought of getting her ears pierced while the twins were dancing around.

Xander looked on in amusement, before calling for their attention. “If you want it done today then you better finish your shopping.”

 

An hour later, everyone was finished even Hermione.

After having Tuck pick up their bags for delivery to the Manor, Xander trouped them out to get a shuttle he had called ahead for and they headed out to visit the Koi Piercing studio.

&&&&&

Mrs. Weasley about had a fit when she saw the place and all the “strange Muggles” standing around and talking.

The children on the other hand thought it was “Wicked”

Well all except Hermione.

“I thought we would go to the mall or something. “ She said as she took in the tattoos and multiple piercings.

“The Koi is a professional place. They are actually licensed for this. The Board of Health inspects it regularly and everything is clean. Unlike the ones in the mall where they use a piercing gun. You can’t always get the guns clean and that can lead to infections or worse.” Xander told her.

She thought for a moment and nodded.

The twins were bouncing around trying to look at everything with Ginny quietly behind them asking the occasional question herself.

Finally, everyone had picked out what they wanted and each was taken in to get their ear pierced. Or in the girl’s case, both ears pierced.

&&&&&

When everyone was through, Xander took them out to an alleyway and had them hold onto the rope he had had made into a portkey to the Manor.

Once there, he had each of them come forward so that they could get the ear healed and so that Sirius and Remus could turn them into portkeys.

Finally they were done and the kids ran over to the mirror to take a good look at themselves before Ron grabbed the twins and pulled them out back so that they could fly.

&&&&&

That evening the group met with their new tutors.

Peter was five foot ten inches tall and around one sixty in weight. He was in his forties with a shaved head and piercing blue eyes.

His wife was a stunning brunette with brown eyes. She was a bit shorter then her husband at five foot five inches, and around one thirty in weight.

&&&&&

The next morning was the first which meant that there was havoc as the Weasley’s tried to get everything together so that they could get onto the train.

Ron, Harry, and Hermione watched in amusement as Percy ran around trying to find his Head Boy badge. They had been smart and had packed everything the night before…Well Harry and Hermione had packed the night before; Ron had had the House Elves pack his.

Finally they were all ready to go and Xander had them lined up in front of the floo.

For security reasons they were going by floo this time and hopefully avoid many of the reporters.

Xander had Sirius go first followed by Ron, then the twins. Their job was to clear the way and make sure Harry had a clear path to the train.

Xander came through last, falling on his butt as he came out of the fireplace. “I’ll take the portkey any day before I do that again.” He muttered as he dusted himself off.

Xander looked in awe at the large red steam engine. Around him were other families and people were calling out to each other.

He looked around and found a few reporters who were trying to interview Harry and Sirius. With Mr. Weasley and Remus trying to get Harry on the train.

He headed over to the group and coughed into his hand to get their attention.

“How many times do I have to tell you that you need to get my permission to talk to Harry.” He said to the reporters.

He looked directly at one reporter and her camera man. “I should also remind you Ms. Skeeter, that between Harry, Sirius, and I, we own majority stock in your paper so it would be in your best interest to make sure the truth is printed and not the garbage and innuendo you usually get away with.”

That seemed to shut her up. And with one final picture, she and the others went on their way. Allowing Harry and the others to get on the train.

There they met up with a slender boy. He was pale as a vampire and reminded Xander of Spike with his pale blond hair and attitude.

“Bet you enjoyed that, didn’t you Scarhead.” He drawled out before noticing Xander and the other adults.

“Actually no. However I would like to introduce you to my guardian, Alexander Harris. My godfather and head of the Black family - your cousin Sirius, and his friend Remus Lupin.” Harry pointed out each individual. “Finally, I would like to introduce my tutors; Mr. and Mrs. Woodard. They will be teaching my friends and I potions and history to insure we get the best education possible.”

“Meaning you need all the help you can get to pass the classes.” Draco smugly pointed out.

“Actually it’s to ensure they get a real teacher instead of a ghost and a Death Eater.” Xander shot back. “Now if you’ll excuse us we really need to get the others on the train.” Xander said after taking a real dislike to the boy.

“Oh, by the way, Draco is it?” Xander said with Draco nodding. “I think you should know, that the tutors have the right to give and take points. They also have the right to give detention.” Xander finished with a grin at the boy.

“We’ll see about that. Wait till my father hears about this.” Draco said before storming off.

The group laughed at him and finally the kids were put on the train with the adults waving at them as the train pulled away.

&&&&&

End Chapter Nine

z88;