Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Family

By Danu40k

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

&&&&&

Xander and Hallie appeared in what appeared to be an ICU unit. The curtains were closed and there was someone working on a child. ‘Harry.’ Xander thought.

The man working over Harry was tall and well built, looking more like a basketball player than a Dr.

He was well tanned with a receding hairline of bright fire engine red hair. When he turned around you could see the laugh lines in his face and around his blue eyes.

“I’m about ready to take him off life support. Once I do, we’ll need to move fast. All the machines will go off and he will need quick attention.” The man said to Hallie.

Hallie nodded and moved so that Xander could get a good look at Harry. He was small. Looking around the age of nine or so, even though Xander knew he was twelve almost thirteen. His hair was cut off and stitches could be seen on his head. He had tubes everywhere and even more bruises.

Xander was ready to kill whoever did this.

Hallie touched Xander to get his attention. “As soon as he disconnects the machines we will have to disappear with him and the Healer to Potter Manor. Once we do that, as far as the Mundanes (or Muggles as they are called here) are concerned, Harry Potter died shortly after surgery. His aunt and uncle will be brought up on murder charges and convicted, spending the rest of their lives in small cells, cowering in fear of the inmates waiting for them on the other side of the bars. Seems inmates will take a dim view of them. His cousin will be sent to live with his aunt. She will soon see him for who he really is and send him to a year round military school so she doesn’t have to do anything with him. There he will be the one bullied by those who think him fat and a freak. Soon after Harry *will* have to at least appear once to the Magical Community of Britain so that they don’t freak out and go on a rampage throughout the Mundane World.”

Xander nodded at this. After seeing what the boy’s so called family did to Harry, Xander was more than happy that they would get what they deserved.

She continued; “The one who placed him there and forced him to return year after year, is now seeing and experiencing what Harry did. He is having visions and experiencing the pain first hand. Pain that Harry went through throughout his life with the Dursley’s”

Xander nodded again. Grinning at the vengeance this person was receiving.

Xander watched as, slowly, each and every tube was removed. And Harry took his first breath of non machine air. Soon the machines were removed causing a racket. Hallie moved quickly and removed them from the scene.

&&&&&

They appeared in a large bedroom. The walls were a cream color with red trim and highlights. The bed and other furniture were made of redwood with the sheets a cream color, the blankets a deep red. The bedspread was red with gold trim and was folded down to the bottom of the bed.

Harry was lying on top of the bedding with the Healer working fast to stabilize him.

Xander watched patiently as the Healer worked, noticing that he was working slower and slower. He seemed to be working over the bruises now and Xander saw that they too slowly faded, though they were still noticeable.

The Healer eventually moved away from Harry and headed over to them. “I’ve done everything I can. Now it’s up to the boy. I’ll be back in a few days to check up on him. In the meantime I’m going to leave orders for various potions I want him to take.” He quickly wrote several things down and handed it to Xander. “These need to be filled as soon as possible for him.” Xander nodded, wondering where he was going to get them filled.

Xander thanked the man and watched as he disappeared with a crack.

He turned to Hallie with a questioning look. She smiled and once again laid her finger on his forehead, letting him know about the Wizarding World and how to maneuver around in it. She gave him a key “This is a key to the Ravenclaw vault. You are the head of that family right now, as well as the Regent of the Potter and Gryffindor families. Harry will inherit those when he reaches his majority at seventeen. You, and the ones coming to aid you, will need to teach him. So that when he inherits he will make the families proud of him.”

Xander nodded at this.

She continued; “The key is also a portkey to the Goblin Bank. Use it well and don’t lose it.” She cautioned. She watched to make sure he understood then continued; “Once I leave, only approved people will be able to enter the Manor. It will also become invisible to the world with you as the secret keeper. Be very careful when you travel around the Wizarding World. There will be those who will seek to either use you to gain access to Harry, or harm, or kill you.”

Xander nodded again.

She looked at him for a moment and then continued. “You are Harry’s guardian. The paperwork has been filed and approved in the Ministry and I have made it so that it will stay that way, both for Harry’s protection and yours. As far as the Wizarding World is concerned, you are Harry’s cousin.” She touched his head again.

Xander smiled at the information.

She patted him on the face. “I, and Anya, will be watching over you. Dawn as well. The Key is in Harry now so do as I tell you and make sure he gets a new wand soon. The one he has now won’t be able to handle his new found power.”

With that she disappeared, leaving a shocked Xander behind.

&&&&&

As soon as she left, another pop was heard in the room. Xander grabbed the knife that was in a holster in the small of his back and turned to face whoever…he looked at the creature that had appeared…or what ever… it was.

The creature stood only about three feet and looked like Golem with big ears. The creature eeped and fell back against the bed, its eyes getting bigger. “Tuck is sorry Master. Please don’t hurt.” Xander stood up from his crouch and placed his knife back in its holster. “Who…or what, are you and what are you doing here?” He asked.

“Tuck is a House-Elf. House-Elves are made for serving families. Tuck is only trying to tend to the young Master.” Tuck told him eyes slowly going back to their original state.

“Are there more of you here at the Manor?” Xander asked in curiosity. His mind looking at the information on House-Elves Hallie had left him.

Tuck nodded.

“And you are the one to tend to Harry?” He asked to make sure he understood what was going on.

Tuck nodded again, this time faster.

Xander handed him the prescriptions, “I need you to go get these filled and then come back. Harry needs them soon to help him recover.”

Tuck took the prescriptions and quickly popped out of the room.

Xander turned back to the bed, caressing Harry’s forehead. The stitches and bruises were gone thank goodness.

Tuck appeared with a soft pop and handed Xander the potions. He carefully placed them on the bedside table and turned back to Tuck. “I need a basin of water and a washcloth to give Harry a sponge bath.” He told Tuck.

Tuck disappeared and quickly reappeared with the items. Then went to help Xander remove the gown the hospital had put on Harry. Between the two of them, they got Harry cleaned up and redressed in pajamas Tuck had gotten out of the trunk at the foot of the bed.

After putting Harry in the bed proper, Xander went to look at the open trunk. Tuck was happily putting away the clothes he found in there, though Xander told him to get rid of the too big clothes. They were obviously hand-me-downs from his fat cousin.

Xander paused in thought. According to the information that Hallie had left him, he was the son of the Evan’s oldest daughter, the black sheep of the family, she had gone and married an American who was about to be discharged from the Military.

The family had no problem with the fact that the man was an American. They had a problem with the fact he was still a private after five years in the Military. And that he was a drunkard.

Xander’s mom had married him anyway, and soon had departed with him to America, to his hometown of Sunnydale. Where, after giving birth to a son, she had slowly slid into drinking and drugs.

Petunia used his family as an example. Only saying that it was *Harry‘s* family instead telling Harry that his parents had died in a car crash.

 

After losing her older sister to drugs and alcohol, and her younger sister to the Magical World, Petunia had turned inward and had married a man who was as normal, from her point of view, as possible.

 

Xander shook his head, and then thought again. That meant that *Dudley* was *his* cousin. Xander shook himself in disgust.

After putting away Harry’s clothes, meaning Harry’s school clothes since those were the only ones that fit him, Tuck began moving the school books onto the shelves that were scattered around the room.

Xander sat tiredly in the chair beside the bed and watched Harry, finally giving into sleep.

After putting the books away and clearing the room of the debris Tuck placed a blanket over the sleeping Xander and sat back to watch the two of them.

&&&&&

Xander woke with a start. Tuck was pulling on his arm. “The young Master is waking sir.” He told Xander.

Xander got up and stretched out for a moment, and then headed over to Harry’s bed.

Harry was moving some in his bed, as though trying to get comfortable. He slowly opened his eyes, and stared at the strange man he saw at the side of his bed.

“Easy there Harry. My name is Alexander Harris, Xander for short. I’m your cousin and new guardian. You’re at Potter Manor right now.” Xander told him as he helped Harry sit up in bed.

Harry watched him warily wondering what had happened. Last he knew he had been in his room after being beaten by his uncle and cousin for the whole window incident that had happened last summer when the twins had rescued him by removing the bars on his window and then helping him out the window, taking all of his things, and driving off in their father’s flying car.

Xander went over to the bed table and selected several of the vials, “The Healer wanted you to drink these as soon as you woke up” Xander handed them to Harry, who looked at them and him suspiciously before drinking all of them, making a face when he did.

Tuck appeared and gave Harry his breakfast; soft food for now.

To make Harry feel better about it, Xander opted for soft foods as well. “Okay,” Xander started as they ate, “I’m the son of your mother’s oldest sister, Jessica. Basically my mom, your older aunt, married my dad and headed for the states. Unlike your parents, mine *did* get involved with alcohol and drugs. It was *my* family that Aunt Petunia used as the model for her tales.”

Harry continued to watch him as they ate.

Xander continued, “A friend of the family found out about the conditions you lived in and contacted me and I came as fast as I could.”

Xander handed him the other set of vials after Harry was through with his meal, then handed the empty vials to Tuck to refill.

Xander looked at Harry; “Hallie, the friend of the family I told you about, got a healer to you. After which we moved you here where you would be safe.”

Harry nodded. “I remember Hallie. I thought she was a dream. She came right after Uncle Vernon closed the door on me. After he and Dudley beat me. Told me someone was coming to help me. To…”

To love me… Harry finished to himself.

Harry had tears in his eyes and mumbled something. Xander didn’t need him to go any further. He got the gist of it.

He handed Harry a handkerchief to wipe his eyes on.

Harry yawned. “Go ahead and rest. After you’re asleep I’ll go wander around this place. I haven’t been here before and the only places I have seen are your room and the bathroom.” Xander pointed to the room.

Harry nodded and slowly began to move the covers and try to get out of bed.

“Whoa, let me help you there. Don’t need you to do any face planting.” Xander reached over and helped Harry out of bed and over to the bathroom. Closing the door behind the boy. Giving him as much privacy as he could.

Harry looked in the mirror while washing his hands, and saw that someone had shaved off all of his hair. He could see scars around the scalp which he vaguely remembered having been hit there, answering the question of why his head was shaved.

He wondered if his hair would grow back like it had done before when his aunt had given him a bad haircut, then shrugged it off, heading back to the bedroom.

Xander helped Harry back into bed and lying down. Pulling the covers up Xander told Harry, “Tuck is going to watch over you. So if you need me just tell him.”

Harry nodded.

&&&&&

After Harry fell asleep, Xander asked Tuck where his room was. Tuck grinned and snapped his fingers together. Bringing a new House-Elf into the room. Tuck turned to her and said, “Winken, this is Master Xander and he wants to know where the Master Bedroom is.”

Winken nodded.

“Hey wait a minute. I just need a small bedroom. No fancy master bedroom stuff.” Xander protested.

“But you are the Master. You is deserving of the Master Bedroom.” Winken and Tuck told him as they emphasized Master.

Xander gave up. He was too tired to argue.

Xander let Winken show him to his set of rooms.

First to the sitting room. The walls were a tan color with trim and highlights in a reddish brown color. The recliners were a dark brown the same as the sofa. All three were facing a fireplace. The weapons Hallie had brought from his apartment, were tastefully hanging on the walls. There was a rollup desk and chair set up in the far corner and shelving on the wall by the door.

There was a door on the right that led to the bedroom.

Like Harry’s room, it was cream colored. Only this time with gold highlights and trims. The furniture was made out of mahogany. The bigger than king size, four poster bed, was in the middle of the wall facing the entrance. The bedspread was gold with a deep blood red trim and highlights. A stylized Griffin done in Red, in the middle. The blankets were a mahogany color to match the bed. The sheets were cream colored.

He went to the closet and found his clothes hanging up. Then went to the large dresser and found his sweats as well as his underwear and t-shirts folded neatly.

Xander grabbed his sweat pants to sleep in and headed into the bathroom.

The bathroom was also cream colored with rosewood highlights and trim. There was a double sink and he found his brush, comb, and razor, sitting in the middle. His toothbrush hanging from a toothbrush holder.

The sink itself, as well as the tub, were a cream color with the fixtures gold colored.

The tub was *huge*. There was no *way* it could have fit into the room. There were several taps above the tub. Each with a jewel above them. There was also a shower in the other corner. A toilet next to it. There was a shelving unit between the toilet and the door. Each shelf contained towels and washcloths. Between the tub and the shower were also towels hanging up

Xander decided to play with the tub later and closed the door to take a shower after shooing Winken out.

&&&&&

After a short nap, Xander woke up feeling very refreshed. Getting dressed in clean clothes, he headed back to Harry’s room.

There, he found him eating lunch while sitting in the chair. A blanket over his legs and lap. Watching amusedly as another House-Elf was arguing with Tuck.

“Dobby is Harry Potter’s Elf and only Dobby takes care of Harry Potter”

“Tuck is Master Harry’s Elf and only Tuck takes care of Master Harry.”

Xander came over to Harry. “Um what’s going on?”

Harry snickered. “Dobby is a friend of mine and I was able to free him this last spring. Looks like he wants to be my Elf.”

“Ah.” Xander said in return. Watching the two Elves go at it verbally. “Which Elf do you want?”

Harry shrugged looking up at Xander through his lashes. “I’ve known Dobby longer. But he has weird ideas about my safety.”

“Ah.” He said.

“Ah-hem” Xander coughed loudly getting the House-Elves attention. “Dobby is it?” Dobby nodded his head very fast looking like a bobble head doll. “Harry wants you to be his House-Elf.” Dobby grinned and went over to Xander’s legs and grabbing on cried gratefully. Tuck looking like the world had fallen in on him. “Tuck I want you to be mine.” Tucks eyes got big and his grin bigger, then he frowned. “What of Winken? She is Master’s Elf.” Winken popped up. “Winken, I am told we have two guests arriving soon. I don’t know when, but at least one of them is in bad shape. I want you to be the one to take care of him. Let one of the others takes care of his companion.”

All the House-Elves nodded and, with the exception of Dobby, popped out of the room.

Xander racked his brain trying to remember how to bring a House-Elf into the family. Finally Dobby took the matters into his own hands and went over to Harry and placed his hand over his heart and pledged fealty to Harry Potter and his house.

Xander took Dobby aside and basically told him to take care of Harry or else *he* would take care of Dobby.

Dobby gulped and nodded.

Harry finished his lunch with a laugh.

“Dobby I will let you go and get settled and get the lay of the land so to speak. I want you to be able to tell Harry where everything is including the hidden things all right?”

Dobby nodded again and popped off.

Xander looked over at Harry. “Need to go back to bed or are you up for awhile?”

Harry shrugged. “I could use a bath I think.” He said. His hand wandering over his shaved scalp.

Xander grinned and, picking up Harry, headed over to his room.

“Big isn’t it?” Xander said as they headed from the sitting room to the bedroom and then the bathroom. There, he showed Harry the bathtub. “Let’s figure out how to use this sucker.” Xander said looked at the various taps.

Harry laughed again and sat next to Xander. “Move. I played with one of these this last year at school.”

Xander gladly relinquished his spot and watched as Harry explained. “Each of these taps has a different smell to it and produces bubbles. If you want just a regular bath you use the central one. Xander nodded. Harry reached over and turned on the first one. A smells of rosewood came out. He turned that one off. He reached for the next one. Sandalwood. Lavender. A light musk. And so on.

Harry put the stopper in and chose the Sandalwood. Xander watched as the tub filled with a nice smelling bubble bath.

“I’m told by Hermione that you can change these out easily. You’re probably going to have to ask the House-Elves how to do it though.” Harry told him.

Xander nodded at that. “Why don’t you go ahead and get in the tub. I’ll have Dobby bring in a change of clothes for you.”

Harry nodded as Xander headed out the door.

&&&&&

Xander sighed. He was looking at the state of Harry’s wardrobe. Or lack of it. This included pajamas that actually fit him. Harry had two pair of what could, in a Bizaro World sort of way, be considered pajamas. The pair he had been wearing and…these… monstrosities. He thought holding up a pair that had a cotton rope tied into them to keep them up. “Dobby!” He called out.

Dobby popped in. He had been keeping an eye on Harry to make sure he didn’t drown.

“Take these and get rid of them.” Xander told him. Dobby nodded then took them and popped out.

Xander went into his room and pulled out a pair of his sweat shorts with an elastic band along with a cord to pull them closer if you want. “Dobby.” Dobby popped back in while Xander was searching around in his t-shirts. Finally finding his old shirt that had shrunk on him when Anya had tried to do the laundry.

Xander straightened up and handed the clothes to Dobby. “Take these and a pair of his underwear in to Harry. He’s in the bathtub.” Xander pointed over his shoulder. Dobby nodded and popped out.

“Looks like I’m going shopping tomorrow. Have to go to the bank and get some money changed over.” Xander said to himself as he looked at his watch. It said it was five in the morning. Xander hung his head. He didn’t even know the time, or the date now that he thought about it. He sighed again. “Tuck.” He called out.

Tuck popped in. “What’s the correct time and date?” Xander asked.

“It is one twenty- nine pm. June tenth nineteen-ninety-three.” Tuck told him.

Xander nodded and reset his watch, thinking that he had gone back in time as well. That meant that everyone was still alive back home. But at the same time just as lost. Since there was no way he could try to contact them.

&&&&&

Dobby summoned Xander when Harry started to fall asleep in the tub. Xander lifted Harry, protesting that he was fine, out of the tub. “Yup you take after me all right. I’m always fine too.” Xander quipped. Xander helped Harry into his sleepwear and told him where they had come from. “I’m headed out to shop later. Probably tomorrow if you want anything.” Xander told him as he carried him into his bedroom, with Dobby following, and laid him on his bed.

“Hedwig?” Harry asked.

Dobby answered. “She is fine Master Harry. She is in Owlery.”

“Could you bring me some paper and a pen please?” Harry asked Dobby.

After Dobby brought him the needed items, Harry began to write a note to the Weasley’s. Specifically Mrs. Weasley. Then Ron. Then Ginny. Then Hermione.

To everyone;

I t turns out that I have more family than anyone told me about. I have a cousin named Alexander Harris (who wishes to be called Xander). His mother is my mum’s oldest sister and she had married and then went to America with her new husband and Xander after he was born.

A family friend who had been keeping watch on me, told him that I was in trouble and he dropped everything to come check on me himself, finding out that I had been beaten bad enough to be in a Muggle hospital.

He and Hallie (The friend of the family I told you about) took me from the Muggle hospital and brought me here.

He tells me that this is Potter Manor, if you know where that is.

I haven’t seen much of the place yet, but expect that when I am stronger I’ll be able to give you a good description of the place

I am doing good right now and have Dobby to protect me if something goes wrong

Until then I will write to you as often as possible

Love Harry

“Could you give these to Hedwig and ask her to deliver them for me?” Harry asked as he handed to letters over to Dobby.

Dobby nodded and, taking the letter, popped out to deliver them himself.

&&&&&

After Harry was asleep again, Xander finally got a chance to look around the Manor.

This hall had three other bedrooms just like Harry’s, with Harry‘s being right across from his room. Going along the hall, he came to a center staircase and continued forward instead of going downstairs.

The left wing had was much the same as his own so he headed back to the stairs and started to go downstairs and the next floor finding the same as the upper floor.

He headed to the main floor and found; a giant library, a dinning room, a den or study, a game room (where Xander’s television and games went, as well as his videos and collectables), the kitchens (where he grabbed something to carry him over till dinner), sliding glass doors that led into a domed in pool area complete with hot tub. Xander would have to remember it was there. Harry could probably use it for his sore muscles. In fact…“Tuck?” He called out.

“Yes Master Xander?” Tuck replied as he popped in.

“Could you see to it that the pool and this hot tub are filled and working? I’d like to put Harry in the hot tub tomorrow and maybe when he is stronger, we can get him into doing some exercises in the pool.” He told Tuck.

Tuck nodded and popped out to make arraignments for it to be done.

It was starting to get dark so he put off going outside to explore and instead headed up to the third floor to check on Harry.

He found Harry sitting up in bed reading a book. Xander turned his head sideways to look at the title of the book. “The Hobbit huh? Cool book.” He told Harry as he sat down in the chair next to Harry’s bed.

Harry looked up from his reading. “That’s what Hermione said when she gave me the book to read.” Harry said closing the book.

“Well, I looked around the inside of the place, and I can tell you that there are places and rooms in here that can’t possibly be here, especially the library. So I guess this place is definatly Magical.” Xander grinned at Harry. “Oh I found a pool room with a hot tub. I ordered them both filled so you can use them to help get your strength back.” He finished telling Harry.

“I don’t really know how to swim.” Harry said timidly, as though waiting to be hit for his answer.

Xander reached out and gently touched the boy on his cheek. “No problem buddy. I know how and have no problem teaching you. After all I did make the swim team in high school. ‘Course they were trying to turn the team into Creatures from the Black Lagoon that year too.” Xander finished.

Harry looked at him like he was nuts.

So Xander set into tell about Sunnydale over dinner.

End Chapter two

 

 

z88;