Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Dean watched as Harry tossed Sam up, making the baby squeal in joy. He was hot and tired from work but just watching the two of them was soothing. Harry looked over and smiled at him, turning Sam around so that the baby could see him. Sam squealed again, reaching out for Dean so he walked over and took the baby, laughing when the tiny nose scrunched up at the smell.

“Yeah, I need a shower. Had a good day?” he asked, looking at Harry who nodded.

“I think he’s gaining skills faster than normal, or at least what’s listed in the baby book.” Harry told him and Dean stared at Sam.

“Really?”

“Yeah, he managed to sit up for a few seconds today. Apparently he shouldn’t be doing that till next month.”

“Way to go Sammy. That’s my brilliant baby boy.” Dean praised and Sam beamed at him, babbling happily.

“Your night to bathe the little wriggler.” Harry told him and Dean nodded, heading for the bathroom they had set up for Sam’s baths. Harry headed into the kitchen to start on dinner. They’d settled into an easy schedule once Dean had gotten a job thanks to his nice clean records courtesy of the goblins. Harry spent the day caring for Sam and then they traded off handling Sam’s nightly bath. Harry also made dinner and then sometimes they’d watch movies together or just do their own thing for the rest of the night. It wasn’t an exciting life but it was comfortable.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
“There a reason you’re pacing around?” Harry asked and Dean sighed, flopping down beside him on the couch.

“Sorry, it’s just.....there’s this hunt. Bobby could use a hand.” Dean said and Harry nodded.

“So give him a hand. Sam and I will still be here when you get back, and you better come back.” Harry told him and Dean stared at him before nodding, finally relaxing.
“I know you can’t give up hunting Dean, it’s too much a part of who you are. Get yourself killed though and I will bring you back just to kick your arse myself. Got it?”

“Yeah. You’ll be okay with Sam while we’re gone?” Dean asked just to be sure and Harry nodded.

“The wards are all fully charged by me and Cas. If anything happens Cas promised to come if I yell. Plus Sam’s wearing a portkey that’ll send him straight to Gringotts for safety and he is old enough I can apparated with him if I have to. We’ll be fine.” Harry assured him and Dean nodded.

“Sorry.” Dean said and Harry shrugged.

“You’re worried, shows you’re a good Daddy.” Harry teased and Dean smiled back.

`````````````````````````````````````
“Shh Sammy, Dean’ll be home soon kiddo.” Harry soothed even as Sam continued to scream, his face red and tears pouring down his face.
“Come on Sammy, what’s wrong?” He walked the floor with the screaming baby, trying to get him to calm down but nothing seemed to work. Dean had been gone for three days and Sam had been fine, a little fussy at bedtime but otherwise well behaved. Then three hours ago he’d started screaming.
“Damn it.” Harry grumbled.
“Castiel!” he cried out and Sam let out an extra loud wail as if calling for the angel as well. He relaxed as Castiel appeared before dumping Sam in his arms. Castiel stared down at the baby in shock.

“Harry?”

“I don’t know. He just started a few hours ago and he won’t stop.” Harry said, running a hand through his hair. Castiel placed a hand on Sam’s head, reading the baby.

“It’s Dean, something’s wrong and Sam can feel it.”

“Can you watch him? I’ll go help them.” Harry said and Castiel nodded so Harry focused on the tracker he’d placed on Dean’s amulet before apparating.

Harry appeared in the middle of a forest. He saw Dean slumped against a nearby tree and Bobby across the clearing; still shooting at the.....Harry had no idea what it was actually. He sent it flying with a flick of his wrist.

“Bobby check Dean.” Harry ordered as he faced off against the creature. It snarled at him so Harry snarled back, surprising it and actually making it back up a little. Harry loosened the shields he held over his magic, letting the power flow out from his core, his hair moving in the wind and his eyes glowing. He could feel his inner beast waking, uncurling like the great cat it was at the threat to its family. The creature lunged and Harry pounced, literally as his from shifted to that of a full grown lion.

Bobby watched on in awe as a lion replaced Harry, tearing into the wendigo like it was tissue paper. He looked away when it got a bit too much and went back to trying to rouse Dean.

“Is he okay?” Bobby nearly jumped when he heard Harry behind him.

“What was that?” he asked and Harry grinned.

“My animagus form. Comes in handy from time to time.”

“I can see that. Dean’s being a stubborn ass about waking up.”

“I’ll take him home, Castiel is babysitting. Can you get home alright?”

“I’ll be fine, get going.” Bobby ordered and Harry nodded, reaching down to wrap his arms around Dean. There was a soft popping noise and the two were gone. Bobby sighed and then got up to torch what little pieces remained of the wendigo.

Sam stopped screaming when his parents appeared on the floor only to start up again when Dean remained unconscious. The baby reached out for his Dad only for his uncle to hold him closer.

“Can you heal him Castiel?” Harry asked and the angel nodded. Harry took his son, bouncing him on his hip and whispering soothing words to him. The baby sniffled but slowly calmed as Castiel worked on Dean. The hunter moaned softly and his eyes fluttered open making Sam squeal and reach for him.
“Easy Sammy, give him a bit of time.” Harry whispered to the baby. Castiel lifted Dean and placed him on his bed while Dean just stared around in a daze.
“Dean?” He looked over to Harry and frowned and then reached for the baby. Harry put Sam down beside Dean who wrapped an arm around him.

“Wha’ happen’.” He slurred, his head still pounding.

“Other than you nearly getting killed?” Harry asked, reaching out to lay a hand on Dean’s forehead. Dean sighed, leaning into Harry’s touch without realising it.
“Sam knew somehow so I went after you. Bobby’s fine, he’s on his way home. That....thing is dead too. Get some sleep, I’ll wake you in an hour.” Harry told him and Dean let his eyes drift shut again. Harry stood and motioned for Castiel to follow him into the kitchen.
“Thought you healed him?” He demanded and Castiel sighed but nodded.

“As much as I could. Any longer and he would have been dead from internal bleeding. He will take time to finish healing, some of the bleeding was in his brain so do not worry if he seems a little confused for the next day or so.” Castiel explained and Harry grabbed the counter, if he’d been any later in going to Dean....

“Thank you.” He whispered and Castiel nodded, smiling slightly.

“I will always protect your family as much as I can.” The angel promised before vanishing.

Harry got out soup and heated it before carrying it into Dean’s room. He put the tray down and then sat beside Dean. He placed a hand on Dean’s shoulder and squeezed softly.

“Dean? I’ve got some soup for you. Be careful, you’re holding Sammy.” Harry called softly and Dean groaned, fighting to open his eyes.
“Come on Dean, you can do it.” Green eyes slowly opened and then Dean stared at him.
“Hey. Think you can sit up?”

“Where.....”

“It’s okay Dean, you’re safe at home. Castiel had to fix a lot of damage so he said you might be a bit fuzzy for a few days.” Harry explained and Dean nodded before wincing.
“Yeah, you were bleeding into your brain so no sudden moves. Sam’s in your left arm so be careful.” Harry warned again and Dean looked down at the baby who was staring up at him.

“Sammy.” Dean croaked and the baby cooed, patting him gently and Dean managed a small smile. He struggled and then subsided, letting Harry feed him the soup as Sam kept patting his side.

“You know Sam was the one to know you were in trouble. Screamed his head off until Castiel came and realised what was wrong.” Harry said and Dean stared at him in shock.
“I used to know when certain people were in trouble too, guess his magic’s already latched onto you which is a good thing.” Harry explained and Sam smiled proudly up at them.

“Bobby?” Dean whispered and Harry smiled at him.

“He’s fine, driving home. I brought you the quick way since you weren’t waking up. Good thing I did too. Cas said......we nearly lost you Dean.” Harry admitted and Dean reached out shakily for his hand.

“Sorry.”

“Just get some rest. I’ll wake you regularly to make sure you’re okay. Want me to put Sam in his cot?” Harry asked but Dean tightened his grip on the baby slightly.
“Okay. You let your Dad sleep Sam, be a good boy. Call or get Sam to scream if you need me.” Harry told him and then took the tray back to the kitchen. He cleaned the dishes and then headed out onto the back porch. He stared out over the property before launching himself over the banister, his body shifting forms fluidly so that it was a lion that hit the ground running.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Dean’s head was throbbing when he cracked his eyes open, the room spinning a little. A curious gurgle had him moving just enough to look down at the baby at his side. He blinked and Sam cooed up at him, patting his side softly.

“Goo’ Samm...” He trailed off, closing his eyes against the pain. Sam’s pats seemed to get a little more urgent when he fell silent but he couldn’t force his eyes open again.
“Ss...........” He couldn’t make the words come and then Sam was screaming.

Harry bolted into the room to find Sam screaming and patting at Dean who wasn’t responding. He quickly picked Sam up and put him in his cot.

“Let me help the Daddy Sam, you stay here.” He whispered and then moved to kneel on the bed beside Dean. He took a deep breath and the placed his hands on Dean’s chest, reaching out with his magic to try and see what was wrong. He frowned as he found the problem, letting his magic flow into the weak spot to finish what Castiel had started. He pulled his magic back into himself, smiling when Dean’s eyelids fluttered.
“Come on Dean, time to wake up. You need to tell Sam you’re okay.” Harry encouraged and green eyes slowly opened and focused on him.

“Harry.” Dean breathed and Harry’s smile widened.

“Yep. How are you feeling?”

“Tired.....what happened?”

“Castiel healed everything he could but there was still a small weak spot in a vein and it popped. You were bleeding internally again. I’ve patched it up so it shouldn’t happen again. You gave Sammy quit the scare.”

“Where?” Dean asked in alarm as he realised the baby wasn’t on the bed.

“Relax.” Harry walked over to the crib and picked Sam up, carrying him back to the bed where Sam instantly snuggled into Dean’s arms. Harry checked Dean over again and then left to let Sam sooth any other aches by being the cute little baby he was.

TBC...