Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine

Chapter 7

Harry hovered nearby as Dean lay on the couch; Sammy curled up on his chest. It had been three days and Dean was doing a lot better but both Sam and Harry were making sure he didn’t do much. Bobby was watching from an armchair, having arrived earlier that day to find Dean healing well, much to the older hunters’ relief. Dean’s head had finally cleared and he remembered what had happened, feeling ashamed for being taken by surprise so easily on the hunt. Maybe he was getting out of practice? Sammy gurgled and patted his cheek and Dean smiled at him, gently petting the soft hair.

`````````````````````````````
Harry walked outside to lean on the rail a few inches from Dean, studying the hunter.

“I’m fine.” Dean grumbled and Harry laughed.

“I know. You’ve been standing there for over an hour though, just thought I’d see if you wanted to talk about anything?” Harry offered.

“I’m fine.” Dean argued and Harry just crossed his arms. Dean sighed and looked away. “Fine, I screwed up okay? Happy?” Dean snapped.

“Why do you think you screwed up?” Harry asked more gently.

“It took you and Cas to fix me and you’re asking that?” Dean spat and Harry reached out to put a hand on his shoulder.

“Dean hunting his dangerous, we all know that. Injuries are going to happen.” Harry assured him and Dean snorted. “Do I have to get Sammy to babble at you?” Harry asked and Dean finally smiled slightly. “Dean anyone can get jumped but you survived and that’s the important thing.” Harry whispered and Dean turned to look at him, staring intently. Harry cocked his head to the side in question and Dean swallowed nervously. “Dean?”

Dean took a deep breath and then leant in; brushing his lips against Harry’s briefly before moving back, watching Harry nervously. Harry stared at him in surprise for a second before smiling at him softly and closing the gap between them to kiss Dean in return.

“I uh…..”

“We’ll take it really slow.” Harry told him and Dean nodded. A baby wail from the house had them grinning. “I think Sammy wants attention.” Harry pushed Dean towards the door and Dean went inside to play with the baby. He smiled as he watched Dean play with Sam, he was such a good father despite the fact Harry knew it hurt Dean to have his brother as his son now.

Over the next few days and weeks they found themselves touching each other more, stealing the occasional chaste kiss. Sammy had burbled happily at them the one time they’d kissed with him in the room and Dean had gone bright red. Harry had laughed and kissed him again before going to make dinner.

`````````````````````````````````````
Dean paused in the doorway, waiting for his eyes to adjust to the darkness. He saw movement from where he knew the bed was and then there was movement and a soft light lit the room to reveal Harry sitting up in bed and the shadow of Sam’s crib in the far corner.

“Dean?” Harry whispered, not wanting to wake the baby. Dean hovered in the doorway a little longer and then slowly moved closer.

“I….Can I….” Dean shut his mouth, ashamed and Harry held out a hand, knowing what he was asking. Dean looked down but then walked over to the bed and Harry lifted the covers, letting Dean in beside him.

“You okay?” Harry asked quietly, running a hand up and down Dean’s arm and Dean found himself relaxing.

“Memories……..couldn’t sleep.” Dean admitted and Harry shifted them so Dean was on his side, Harry curled around him and Dean blinked, it felt odd but…..nice. Harry gently ran a hand through Dean’s short hair, soothing him and Dean found himself feeling sleepy. “You….doing somethin’?” Dean mumbled and Harry hushed him.

“Shh, just sleep Dean, I’ll watch over you.” Harry whispered and Dean’s eyes slid shut. Harry smiled and settled down to keep watch over Dean for the night, soothing him whenever a nightmare appeared to be starting. He only got up to when Sam woke up, picking the baby up out of his crib to change him, Sam gurgling happily when he saw Dean in the bed. “Got to be quiet Sammy, Dean had trouble sleeping.” Harry warned the baby and Sammy blinked before reaching for Dean so Harry got back into bed and let the baby cuddle into Dean. Dean sighed in his sleep and wrapped an arm around Sam even in his sleep. Harry watched them for a while before getting up to start breakfast.

````````````````````````````````````````````````
Three weeks later they gave up sleeping in separate beds. As much as it hut his pride Dean finally had to admit the nightmares were too much, even Sammy sleeping in his room wasn’t helping. But having Harry wrapped around him did, he didn’t even ask if Harry was using magic on him, he didn’t care as long as he could sleep without reliving hell or either of Sam’s deaths. Harry thought the near death had rattled him more than Dean realised and had brought those memories closer to the surface. Despite sleeping in the same bead every night they hadn’t moved any further than the kisses they’d been sharing for a while, neither one wanted to rush into something, not when they were raising a son together.

``````````````````````````````````````````
“Hey Castiel, look Sammy its Uncle Cas.” Harry held the baby up and Sammy babbled happily, reaching for the angel. Castiel hesitantly took the baby to hold, staring in surprise as the baby buried a fist in his hair. Harry chuckled and smiled at the angel. “He definitely recognises people he knew.”

“Which is odd, his DNA was altered and he was made a baby, he should not have any memoires of his old life.” Castiel answered.

“Love is stronger than any magic Cas and I get the feeling Sam loved his brother very much, too much to ever forget him. That may have helped him keep feelings for others he knew really well like Bobby and you. I’d say anyone who’s dead or he didn’t have a strong emotional bond to has probably been forgotten.” Harry theorised and Castiel nodded trying to untangle Sam’s hand form his hair. Harry chuckled again but moved to help, taking Sam back. “So just here to visit?”

“Yes and to check on Dean.”

“He’s fully healed and back at work. He’ll be home this evening but you’re welcome to stay till then.” Harry told him and Castiel thought it over before nodding.

TBC…..