Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chapter 9

“Daddy!” Sam called happily and Dean grinned, scooping him up and tossing him into the air. Sam laughed and then hugged him around the neck as Dean walked into the house to find Harry watching them with a soft smile.

“Hey kiddo, have a good day?” Dean asked and Sam nodded eagerly, resting his head on Dean’s shoulder. Dean grinned and leant over to kiss Harry hello and the wizard kissed back before taking Sam from him and setting the five year old on his feet. Sam scurried back to his cartoons and Harry pulled Dean into a hug.

“You okay?” He asked and Dean nodded, leaning against Harry.

“Just feeling old I guess.”

“Hey, you’re barely thirty five, that’s not that old.” The wizard pointed out, running his fingers through Dean’s hair. “See? No grey hair yet despite Sammy’s best efforts.” That made Dean laugh and straighten up.

“Okay, you’re right and I’m wrong. Happy?”

“Extremely. Go get cleaned up, dinner’s in half an hour.” Harry told him, tenderly rubbing a smudge of grease from Dean’s cheek. “You really need a shower.”

Dean grinned and hugged Harry, rubbing his cheek against his. “Now so do you.”

Harry laughed and pushed him back. “Go shower Dean.”

“Daddy smells.” Sam pointed out and Dean mock pouted.

“Alright, alright. I know where I’m not wanted.” He pretended to sulk towards the bathroom only for a small body to slam into his legs, Sam hugging him tightly.

“Daddy always wanted.” He stated and Dean picked him up to kiss his cheek.

“Thanks Sammy.” Dean put him down and went to shower.

````````
“I can’t do this.” Dean stated and Harry sighed, watching Sam try his new backpack on.

“Yes you can Dean.” Harry assured him even though he didn’t want to either. “Look how excited he is.”

“But we won’t be there to protect him, what if he’s bullied or a demon shows up?”

“He has an emergency portkey plus Castiel is keeping an eye on him. Dean he has to go to school.” Harry grinned as Sam sat down to tug his shoes on without taking his backpack off.

“I know.” Dean sighed, watching his little brother turned Sam. The older he got the more differences Dean was noticing between his son and his brother. Physically there wasn’t much, one or two small things from the Potter genes, but his personality was changing. Sammy was happier, freer than he had been, even at such a young age the first time around. “Okay kiddo, time for school!” Well technically pre-school but same thing. Sam jumped to his feet, bouncing happily. Harry laughed and took his hand while Dean took the other and they headed for the Impala. Sam got into his booster seat in the back while his parents got in the front, Dean driving obviously. They parked outside the pre-school and headed inside, Sam looking around in awe, clinging to their hands. “Here we go.” Dean opened the door to find a cheerful room full of other five year olds. They waited until he was playing happily to say goodbye and leave, heading to a nearby diner for coffee.

“You didn’t need to take the whole day off for this.” Harry pointed out as he nibbled a blueberry muffin.

“This way I’m around if the school calls and for pick up.”

“You think he’ll have trouble his very first day?”

“He’s a Winchester.”

“And a Potter…maybe we didn’t think this through enough.” Harry agreed and Dean laughed.

```````````
Bobby smiled and hugged the growing boy as he rushed over. “Happy Birthday Sammy.” He handed over the bag of presents and the seven year old grinned, shoving his messy hair out of his eyes.

“Thanks Uncle Bobby. Dad’s trying to barbeque lunch so Papa’s making salad.”

“So we may be having pizza and salad huh?” he asked and Sam grinned, dashing off to the kitchen. Bobby watched him go, feeling very, very old when watching the energetic child.

“Papa! Uncle Bobby’s here!” Sam called, putting the bag down on a chair and hoisting himself up to see what Harry was doing.

“Hey Bobby! Grab a seat. Want anything to drink?”

“I’m fine. How’d the party go yesterday?”

“Fifteen seven year olds, how do you think it went?” That answer made Bobby laugh.

“Well it was your idea to throw a party for all Sam’s friends.” He pointed out and Harry nodded.

“I know, next time I’ll think it through better.” Harry agreed with him as he finished the salad and Dean walked in with a tray of meat that didn’t look like charcoal.

“Dad did it!” Sam called in joy and Dean took a swipe at the mop he called hair, his son dancing nimbly out of the way. Harry and Dean set the food out as Castiel appeared, Sam tackling the angel happily. Castiel smiled and caught him before giving him a book on mythology. They all sat at the table to eat and talk.

``````````````````````````````````````
Harry rested his head over Dean’s heart, listening to the strong heartbeat as it slowly calmed from their previous activities. They were naked and sweaty but too tired to bother moving to clean up. Harry sighed and used his magic to clean them up, Dean used to it after seven years exposure. Harry reached up to run his fingers through Dean’s hair, finding a few grey strands, not surprising considering Dean’s age and lifestyle. But it hurt to be reminded of how short muggle lives were. With his power levels he could reach his bi-centenary and Sam would probably live at least as long as Dumbledore had, maybe closer to Harry’s expected lifespan. But Dean would be lucky to get another four decades and that was if he stopped hunting soon. Harry didn’t want to lose him so soon, not when he had finally found the one person he wanted to spend his life with. There had to be a way to let a muggle live as long as a wizard.

TBC…..