Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


 

Xander and Joyce get off the plane, looking around the shops in the terminal as they head to the luggage claim area and the vehicle they'd been told would be waiting for them.

 

A uniformed chauffeur is standing by the door, the words Harris party hastily written on a whiteboard held in his hands. He's frantically looking around, he'd been held up by one of the numerous construction sites around Vegas and the flight had already landed by the time he'd arrived. He sighs in relief when he sees a white head of hair heading his direction, the notes from the board of directors had said Mr. Harris had prematurely white hair, he snorts inwardly premature indeed the young man isn't even twenty yet, walked with a cane, and would be arriving with an older woman, a friend of his who also had business in Vegas.

 

“Mr. Harris, Mrs. Summers?” he asks to be sure as they stop in front of him.

 

They smile and nod. “Do you have any bags?”

 

“No, we have friends of ours driving in, they brought them with them so we wouldn't have to pay to check them.” Joyce says, shifting her purse over her shoulder as the chauffeur leads them to . . .a limousine? “Xander,” she turns to the young man and scolds him fondly. “You didn't need to have them bring a limo to pick us up.”

 

Xander snorts. “Joyce, nothing but the best for you. I would have been happy just catching a hotel shuttle or cab, the board of directors for my mother's estate insisted.”

 

“We are not taking a limo everywhere we need to go while we're in town.” she tells him, gently ruffling his hair.

 

Xander snorts again. “Of course not, there's Oz's van, the bus system, and cabs if we need to go anywhere.”

 

“I'm sorry if I kept you waiting, Mr. Harris, Mrs. Summers, I got caught in traffic thanks to construction.” the chauffeur apologizes as he opens the door for them.

 

“We just got down here, we gawked like tourists at all the shops in the terminal on the way down to baggage claim.” Joyce reassures him.

 

They pull out of the short term parking lot, Joyce and Xander each at a window looking at the sights as they travel the strip to their hotel. Joyce sighs as she sees the fountains spurting outside the Bellagio and Xander pats her hand. “We have some free time before we head back to California, I'm sure we can talk the others into go sightseeing for a couple of days.” He snickers. “Maybe even Giles will break down and get out of the tweed for a couple of days.”

 

They pull into the entrance to the resort, Xander smiling as he sees a pair of familiar vehicles parked in the lot. “The others made it.” he points his finger at Oz's van and Ecto-One.

 

“It will be so good to see Aggie and Terry again.” Joyce says as they pull up to the hotel entrance, the chauffeur and bellman quickly opening the doors for them. They walk inside, Joyce looking around the resort with interest as Xander heads for the desk, seeing the others waiting for them.

 

“Peter, I wasn't expecting you so quickly.” Peter turns around, pulling his younger brother into his arms for a hug as he scowls at Winston and Egon. “Somebody,” he growls, “Got me up at the crack of dawn so we could get here.”

 

“Peter, really eight am is not the crack of dawn.” Egon says, rolling his eyes.

 

“It was still dark out when we left.” Peter insists as the other Ghostbusters hug Xander in turn before he gets away and heads to the desk where the desk clerk and Danny McCoy exchange looks. The others had said they were part of the Harris party, and the young man they instantly recognize as the owner of the hotel does seem to know them by the way the Ghostbusters all gave him hugs and the friend who arrived with him hugged the two older women that arrived in the van and pulled them over to one of the couches so they could talk.

 

“Hi, Harris party?” Xander smiles at the desk clerk. “We should have two suites reserved for us?”

 

“Yes Mr. Harris, we have your reservations right here.” He hands over the folders with their keys, the information the trustee board had left for him, and the comps the manager had arranged to be waiting for them. “You are up on the thirty-fifth floor, this is the second in command of our security force, Danny McCoy, he'll take you up and go over the security system with you.” The man next to him nods his head shortly and they follow him to a bank of elevators.

 

“Mr. Harris will you require a wheelchair for your stay?” Danny asks, seeing the owner lean on his cane. “We have a clinic on the grounds and can get one if you need one.”

 

“I shouldn't,” Xander says. “I'll let you know if I do, though.”

 

“You will need a pass to get up to the thirty-fifth floor.” Danny says as he slides his employee id into the slot by the elevator buttons. “Your room key acts as your pass.”

 

Everybody is quiet in the elevator as they watch the floor lights go up, the doors finally opening onto a long hallway. Joyce walking to the window across from the elevator, looking down onto the strip.

 

“It's gorgeous at night when the lights are on.” Danny says, smiling as she joins them. “Your first trip to Vegas?”

 

“Actually I was here on my honeymoon, but the place we stayed wasn't anywhere near this grand.” Joyce says as Danny opens the door of the first suite they booked, Oz pushing in the two baggage carts. The second suite is next to theirs, Winston pushing in the collapsible cart they'd built to hold their gear into the suite and joining the others in the other room.

 

Danny goes over everything they need to know and leaves. Waiting for the elevator he smiles as he hears a voice complaining. “Xander, you did not need to get us a second suite here at the Montecito, we could have found our own place to stay.”