Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chapter 12

Dean knocked and then opened the door, looking in at the younger angel who smiled at him. Castiel was still confined to bed but at least he wasn’t nervous around them anymore.

“Thought you might like some company?” Dean offered and Castiel nodded.

“Thank you sir.” Castiel answered and Dean rolled his eyes.

“How many times do I have to say drop the sir? We never worked together and neither of us belongs to a Garrison anymore. It’s just Dean.” Dean chided, smiling at him and Castiel shrugged slightly.
“Any idea when you’re allowed out of bed?”

“Samael said only a few more days but I still have to be very careful with my wing.”

“Yeah, looks like it’s healing well.”

“His father….Lucifer visited me, he helped the healing.” Castiel admitted quietly and Dean nodded, sitting on the edge of the bed.
“He….is not how I expected.”

“Yeah, he can be pretty intense though. But I think a lot of what we were told was exaggerated to keep us all fighting him.” Dean explained and Castiel nodded, that made sense to him.
“I’ve seen him with Sam and…he really loves him and yet Michael would have everyone believe he’s incapable of that. He even helped us find Dad, John Winchester. So anyway, why don’t you tell me about yourself?” Dean offered and Castiel nodded shyly.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Castiel looked around as Lucifer led him gently through the halls. He didn’t know why Lucifer had taken such an interest in him and it made him nervous but Samael, Dean, Astaroth and Lucifer himself had assured him he was safe. Something told him he could believe Samael, the Prince had kept his word about helping him after all. Frankly he was just happy to no longer be stuck in bed. It had surprised him when Lucifer himself had offered to show him around but he was enjoying the tour. He knew he was being kept away form the things that as an angel he would find too hard to accept but that was alright for the moment. Lucifer opened a set of large doors and Castiel stared around in awe at what was obviously the throne room. He was led to the dais and Lucifer sat on his throne, creating a chair beside it for Castiel to sit on.

“Are you feeling better?” Lucifer asked and Castiel nodded.

“Thank you for helping me.” He answered and the older angel nodded, smiling slightly at him.

“You helped my son at great personal risk Castiel; to leave you unaided would have been wrong.”

```````````````````````````````````````
John tenses, backing away as the armoured figure walked towards him down the hallway. The figure paused and then reached up to remove its helmet.

“You are John Winchester?” The ‘man’ asked and John nodded.
“I am Astaroth; it is a pleasure to meet someone so highly regarded by the Prince and his Consort to be.” The man said and John wracked his memory for why the name sounded familiar…….oh that was why. Sam had mentioned him as one of his childhood teachers and Dean had mentioned he had helped raise him before leaving Heaven.

“Hello.” John finally said, still watching him warily.

“It is good to see you out and looking around; you aren’t restricted to your suite.” Astaroth told him and John nodded.

“I…..I’m looking for Sam.” John said and Astaroth nodded.

“He is in the throne room, I can take you there.” He offered and John hesitated.
“Dean is with Castiel in his room if you wish to go there instead?” Astaroth added and John nodded.
“Very well, this way. These hallways can be rather confusing for newcomers.” Astaroth assured him and John nodded.

“Did……did you know an angle called Dumah?” John asked and Astaroth froze, turning to stare at him.

“Where did you……”

“Sam and Dean told me, Sam said his father looked……that I’m Dumah’s reincarnation.” John admitted and Astaroth stared at him in shock. Was it really possible? Astaroth stepped into John’s space, touching his face and really looking at him. John’s eyes were wide with fear but Astaroth wasn’t hurting him and then the fallen angel moved away.

“I never thought…..it is good that not everything of Dumah is gone.” Astaroth whispered and John stared at him.

“You knew him.”

“Yes, we were very good friends. I was the one who failed to keep him here when he heard what Michel had done to Deyn. It is my fault he died.”

“No, no parent could ever sit by while their child was in pain, it wasn’t your fault.” John told him and Astaroth blinked in surprise before smiling and nodding at him.

“Thank you.”

`````````````````````````````````````````````````
Sam laughed as they rolled across the floor, play fighting. Things had calmed down a lot in the last few days and both John and Castiel were finally gaining the confidence to leave their rooms so they didn’t have to always be with them. So they were finally getting some time to themselves to play around and just unwind. Dean pinned him and Sam grinned up at him before reaching around to run a hand down the centre of Dean’s spine, right between where his wings were when materialised. Dean shivered and Sam used the distraction to roll them over. Dean pouted up at him so Sam dropped a kiss on his lips. Dean smiled and tangled his fingers in Sam’s hair, holding him in place. Sam smiled but complied, deepening the kiss.

“Marry me?” Sam whispered when he pulled back and Dean stared at him.

“W….what?” He whispered and Sam took a deep, nervous breath.

“Marry me Dean, be my Consort. Please?” Sam asked and Dean stared up at him before yanking him down into another kiss.

“Yes.” Dean answered and Sam smiled.

TBC…..
Short I know, sorry.