Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.
Only this chapter and maybe one or two more to go so I thought I’d finish it off.

Chapter 7

“Hello Sammy.” Lilith smiled at the pinned hunters.
“You’ve been a very naughty boy Sammy dear.” She told him, shaking a finger at him and Sam glared at her.

“Hey bitch! Leave him alone.” Dean snarled and she turned to him.

“But you’ve been even naughtier Dean. How did you get out? Little Sammy didn’t make a deal and there’s no way just anyone could have gotten you away from dear Alistair.” She pondered, approaching him slowly and Dean fought down the fear her presence evoked. Sam watched her walk towards Dean, terror clouding his mind even as he mentally scrambled to try and do something. But what could he do? Drop a book on her head? Not going to help much. He managed to move a little and then felt it, the cool metal resting against his breastbone. He closed his eyes and focused solely on Harry, praying he would hear him. A sudden pained noise had Sam’s eyes shooting open to see Dean writhing in pain.

“Dean!” He screamed in denial and she turned to him and Sam screamed in agony as it felt like she was ripping him apart. He vaguely heard two thumps as the pain faded and he cracked open an eyes to see her minions on the ground and a figure stepping through the demolished door. He felt the coin around his neck warm and smiled past the blood dripping down his lips, Harry. With that Sam surrendered to the encroaching blackness.

“So you’re Lilith.” Harry stated, fighting the urge to run to Sam’s side. He could feel death creeping up on his mortal and he didn’t like it. Thankfully even if Sam died Harry could bring him back now.

“Who are you?” She demanded and Harry smirked as her power washed over him without affect.
“What are you!” She demanded, practically stomping her foot.

“Someone you’ve managed to piss off.” Harry answered with a smirk and then he lashed out at her, making the demon scream.

“No! No! You can’t do this?”

“Watch me.” Harry snarled, eyes melting to pure silver as he called up his full power. He stalked her as she backed away nervously but there wasn’t really anywhere for her to go.
“Sam is mine.” He whispered in her ear even as he held her and killed the demon. He gently lowered the child to the ground and anchored her soul, giving her the chance to make it to a hospital.

Bobby moaned and raised his pounding head to see Sam and Dean slumped across the room and Harry kneeling over a little girl.

“What?” He mumbled and silver eyes met his.

“Check Dean!” Harry barked at him before moving to Sam’s side, tenderly raising Sam’s head form the floor.
“Sam? Can you hear me?” Harry called softly. Bobby watched the tender way the…god? Demi-god?.....handled the youngest Winchester before staggering over to Dean’s side, relieved when green eyes fluttered open hazily.

“How dare you!” A voice thundered and Harry moved, making sure he was between them and the suddenly appearing man. Harry knew instantly what he was, the energy was too similar to ‘Loki’s’ for him to be anything else. But unlike when he’d first met Loki, Harry was fully confident in his own powers and very willing to defend everyone in the room.

“I dare a lot of things Archangel, which one are you complaining about?” Harry asked, smirking slightly.

“You dared interfere in things that are none of your concern!” The archangel spat and Harry yawned, feigning boredom.

“Sam and Dean are my concern.” Harry stated calmly, carefully weaving a shield between the downed hunters and the archangel. He also called out silently for Gabriel. He’d rather not fight an archangel if he didn’t have to after all.
“So who are you anyway? Not Michael or Gabriel. Awe, are you the little nameless Archangel?” Harry taunted.

“I am Zachariah you foolish pagan!” He roared and Harry pushed, knocking him back much to the archangels’ surprise.

“I’ve had over a century to come into my powers, don’t do something stupid.” Harry snarled.

“this was none of your concern! Lucifer’s release would have nothing to do with you.” Zachariah yelled and Harry just stared in disbelief.

“Suuuuure. So what, I’m just meant to spend eternity in the Netherworld? No thank you. I like humanity too much to watch some juvenile angels wipe them out.” Harry shot back and then relaxed as he felt Gabriel answer and approach.

“You have destroyed centuries of planning!” Zachariah argued and then there was the sound of fluttering wings and Gabriel was there.

“Cracked planning that is against everything Father taught us.” The newly arrived Archangel replied and Zachariah stepped back at seeing his brother side with Harry.
“Who do you think asked Harry to yank Dean out bro? Starting the apocalypse several millennia early wasn’t a good idea so I decided to derail your little plan. The fact that Harry here scares the hell out of any demon with a brain was just fun.” Gabriel said with a grin and Harry rolled his eyes. He was getting more and more on edge though, he could feel Sam slowly slipping away behind him. Dean was better in that he wasn’t dying but he still needed healing soon.
“Go home Zach and pull your head out of your ass. You might want to pray Dad never finds out what you tried.” Gabriel snapped, his wings spread out and Harry standing beside him radiating dark power. Zachariah snarled but vanished and Harry gasped as he felt Sam’s heart stop.

“Sam.” He whispered and then ran to him, dropping to his knees beside the now dead hunter.

“Sam?” Bobby called and Gabriel looked at him.

“He’s dead.” The archangel stated and Bobby’s eyes widened.

“Well you’re an angel ain’t you? Bring him back!” Bobby demanded and Gabriel smirked.

“No need, wait.” He answered, watching as Harry gently lifted Sam into his arms, cradling him close.

“I love you Sam, come back.” Harry whispered even as Dean regained consciousness.

“Sammy? No.” Dean choked as he saw his brother’s lifeless body in Harry’s arms. Harry clutched Sam close and then bent down to kiss him. Everyone but Gabriel was forced to look away as a silvery light surrounded them. Dean blinked the brightness away and then stared in awe as Sam moved, his eyes slowly opening to stare up at Harry.

“Harry?” Sam mumbled and Harry nodded.

“You’ll be okay now Sam.” Harry whispered and Sam reached up to him. Harry shifted Sam so he could pull him into a gentle kiss and Sam clung to him. Harry gently ran his fingers through Sam’s hair after they parted, calming him down.
“Shh, it’s okay. She’ll never hurt you again.”

“I….I could feel it…..everything just went dark and I tried but…”

“I know Sam, I know. You’re okay now. But someone else needs assurance I think.” Harry offered, helping Sam sit up enough to see Dean.

“Dean?” Sam called out, reaching for him and Harry looked at Gabriel who nodded and touched Dean’s forehead, healing him. Dean stumbled up and over to them, taking Sam’s hand in his.
“You hurt?” Sam asked and Dean shook his head.

“You….you died again Sammy.” Dean whispered shakily and Sam nodded.

“Sorry.” Sam offered and Harry laughed, shaking his head.

“So should we expect more attacks?” He asked Gabriel who shook his head.

“Should be it.”

“You!” Sam exclaimed in anger and Gabriel winced.

“Do I want to know?” Harry asked, holding Sam still.

“Probably not. Look, I was trying to help alright?” Gabriel muttered.
“Beside I’m an archangel, not a Trickster. Only one here you could even bruise me is Harry and he won’t since he still owes me.”

“Do I? I did go to hell and reveal my existence to pay you back. I’d say that makes us even.” Harry argued and Gabriel shrugged.

“Fine but you like me.” Gabriel smirked and Harry shook his head.
“Oh and there’s this!” He snapped his fingers and Hermione appeared. Harry tensed as Gabriel focused his power. When he was done Hermione was lying dazedly on the floor, flesh and blood.

“Mione?” Harry breathed in shock and she slowly sat up.

“Harry? What happened?” She asked slowly, looking around in confusion even as Gabriel left before anyone could stop him.

TBC…