Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chapter 10

Apparently he had underestimated Papa Winchester’s love for his boys. No matter, he’d just have to take things into his own hands. Yes, it would make controlling the boy harder but he could work around that. And now that they were with the other hunter it meant he could rid the world of another annoyance.

```````````````````````````````````````````
Bobby watched the boys as they worked on the Impala together in his lot. Yard lights had been turned on for Sam but it was obvious Dean didn’t need them, just another sign of how much the boy had changed. He felt and heard John join him at the window and glanced at him.

“Look at them…..I haven’t seen them this happy since they were kids Bobby.” John admitted quietly.
“It’s my fault, isn’t it?”

“You did the best you could John. Kicking Sam out for wanting to go to college, yeah that parts your fault. Not keeping in better contact with Dean so you’d realise he was in trouble, also your fault. You need to tell Sam what you’ve learnt though, with what’s happening to him……”

“I know.” John whispered brokenly and Dean looked over at them, making them realise exactly how good his hearing was. Dean said something to Sam who nodded and they started walking towards the house. Sam suddenly stopped and put a hand to his head, swaying slightly. Dean wrapped an arm around him, saying something and then Sam’s legs buckled, his body going limp. Dean caught him and ran for the house but never reached it as he was thrown to the side, Sam’s body falling from his arms.

“SAM!” They heard him scream even as they grabbed weapons and then left the relative safety of the house to search for the attacker.

“Dean.” John barked and Dean lifted his head groggily.

“Check Sam.” He called in answer but John looked over to see Bobby already doing that so he moved to Dean’s side, gently checking him for injuries.
“Sammy.” Dean moaned as John ran his hands over his head.

“Bobby’s got him son. Just take it easy.” John whispered.

“No I don’t think Bobby has anyone.” A cold voice stated and John turned to find a man in the yard and Bobby pinned to the ground several feet from Sam’s still form. The man’s eyes were a swirling sulphurous yellow, making his identity clear.

“You.” John growled, knowing that any move would just end with him in Bobby’s position.

“John, John, John. You just never do what others expect do you? I’ve been trying to spilt these two up for months. Imagine my joy when all three of you ended up in the one town. I thought, great! All my problems solved. You’d kill the vampire, Sam would kill you and then I’d just take Sam. But no, you had to do the unexpected and actually accept your freak children. Makes things more interesting I guess.”

“Leave my children alone!” John snapped, using his body to shield Dean.

“I had no interest in Dean till he joined back up with Sammy. Tried to drive them apart by waking up Sam’s blood, when that didn’t work I started sabotaging Dean’s blood. Who knew Sam would be so…..mushy as to let Dean feed off him. Now Dean has to die to break their bond. The rest of you are just a bonus.” The demon gloated. With that John found himself pinned to the side of the house, the Colt flying away to land in the yard.
“I am really going to enjoy this.” He purred and then Dean screamed.

Sam struggled to wake up but his body refused to respond. He could vaguely hear voices but it sounded like they were underwater. He knew something was very wrong, he could feel it. Dean was in danger! He fought against whatever was keeping him down but he couldn’t focus. Then he heard the one sound he never wanted to hear again, Dean screaming in agony.

John could only watch as the demon attacked Dean, his eldest son writhing in agony in the dirt, blood seeping through his shirt.

“Let him go! Dean, son, its okay just hold on.” He called out. Pained, scared green eyes met his as Dean’s back arched and John held the gaze until Dean slumped again.
“Stop it! Kill me if you want but let my sons go!” John yelled and the demon laughed.

“Sam is mine. Dean’s in the way of that so…..no. But don’t worry you will get to die too.”

John just glared at it and then blinked, seeing the weak movement beyond it. Sam was waking up! He locked his eyes on the demon and kept yelling, not wanting it to realise whatever it had done to Sam was wearing off.

Sam managed to roll onto his stomach, his sight blurred and body slow to respond. Dean’s screams gave him the strength to move as he began dragging himself through the dirt. He didn’t know what to do, just that he wanted Dean to be okay. Then he saw it, the fuzzy object out of reach. He could feel what it was………..the Colt! He reached out to it but couldn’t get to it. Sam closed his eyes, trying to concentrate past the annoying buzzing in his head. He opened his eyes and they were yellow even as the Colt began to shake where it lay.

John watched as Sam reached for the Colt but he was still too far away. And then he saw Sam’s eye’s change colour, the gun shaking.

“Come on you bastard! Leave Dean alone!” John screamed to keep it’s attention focused on them.

The Colt leapt from the ground and into Sam’s outstretched hand. He rolled sluggishly onto his side and struggled to see well enough to aim. There was a stranger standing a few feet away, laughing as Dean screamed. That was all he needed to squeeze the trigger.

John watched as the bullet hit the demon in the chest. Yellow eyes went wide in shock and he managed to half turn to Sam even as the gun fell from Sam’s hand, his body slumping back to the ground. The bullet hole lit up with a white light, the man’s body jerking before collapsing. John staggered as he was suddenly free and he saw Bobby scrambling up as well. Jon dropped to his knees beside Dean, seeing the puddle of blood around his body.

“Dean? Come on son, open your eyes.” John whispered, shakily cupping Dean’s face and trying to ignore how cold his skin was.
“Dean? Come on blood loss doesn’t kill vampires.” John choked and then smiled slightly as Dean’s eyes fluttered open.
“That’s it, you’re gonna be okay.” John promised and Dean groaned.

“D’d.” He managed to croak out and John nodded.

“You’re gonna have to help me here Dean, need to get you inside.” John told him and Dean lethargically lifted his arm. John took it and wrapped it around his shoulders, levering them up, Dean slumped against him.
“Bobby how’s Sam?” John called and Dean lifted his head slightly.

“S’mmy.” Dean slurred.

“He’s out again………..and bleeding.” Bobby called as he struggled to lift Sam.
“Come on kid; give me some sort of help.” He muttered, trying to get him up. Then he smiled when he saw Sam’s legs move slightly, pushing against the ground a little but it was enough to get Sam mostly upright. They got the boys into the house and then grabbed the medical kits.

“Dean needs blood.” John stated when he came up empty in the cooler the boys had brought.

“Not like I keep any around John.” Bobby snapped as he cut Sam’s shirt off, searching for wounds.
“Damn it! Looks like he dragged himself across an old bit of fencing.” He called as he put pressure on to try and slow the bleeding.
“John get Dean over here, no point wasting what’s coming out.” Bobby murmured and John moved the barely conscious Dean over there, moving him so his head was on Sam’s bleeding stomach. Dean obviously smelt the blood as his vampiric teeth descended and he began lapping at the wound.
“Better than an antiseptic really.” Bobby told John who nodded. Bobby kept applying pressure though since Sam couldn’t afford to lose much more blood. Wen it finally stoped Dean snarled, his eyes still shut.

“Easy son. You don’t want Sam to loose too much blood.” John whispered as he moved Dean away and Dean whimpered before one eyes opened slightly.
“Dean? You awake?” He asked and Dean’s hand moved to clutch at him.

“D’d…..hun’ry.” Dean mumbled and John nodded.

“I know Dean. It’s gonna be okay.” John assured him, looking up to see Bobby stitching Sam’s wound up. He took a deep breath and then picked up a knife, drawing it across the flesh of his arm.
“Here you go.” John whispered, placing the wound to Dean’s lips. Dean’s tongue came out to lap at the wound and John shifted his arm so Dean’s lips could seal around it. He hadn’t cut anywhere near the vein so he figured it was fairly safe as Dean sucked at the blood hungrily. Dean’s hands came up to hold John’s arm in place after a while and John bit back a scream as sharp teeth sank into his skin. He kept his breathing as steady as possible and began gently rubbing Dean’s back with his other hand.
“Its okay son, I’ve got you.” He whispered and then smiled as sleepy green eyes finally opened. Dean’s eyes widened in shocked horror as he realised what he was drinking.
“Shh, it’s alright Dean. You’re my son; I can do this for you.” John assured him gently. Dean gently removed his teeth from his Dad’s arm and stared up at him, his skin warming slowly.

“Dad?” Dean mumbled and John nodded.
“What…..Sammy!” He tried to sit up but John stopped him, even as he held his wound.

“Just take it easy, Bobby’s stitching him up.” John promised and then Dean saw the way he was holding his arm.

“I bit….hold still Dad, I’ll fix it.” Dean staggered up and over to the kit, grabbing gauze and tape, avoiding looking at anyone. He gently tended to the wound, ashamed of what he’d done.

“Dean look at me son.” John urged and Dean slowly raised his head, eyes scared.
“It’s okay. I knew what I was doing.” John promised.
“It’s nothing to be ashamed of, alright?” John said and Dean stared at him for a while before nodding. Once he was done Dean moved to Sam’s side, putting his head in his lap.

“Bobby?” Dean whispered.

“I don’t know Dean. He’s lost some blood but not enough for him to be out like this.” Bobby answered.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````
Dean held Sam as his brother lay limp in his arms. It’d been a week since Sam had killed the demon and he hadn’t moved. He could hear his Dad and Bobby talking about taking Sam to the hospital but he didn’t want them to take Sam away from him. He just wanted Sam to wake up and be okay. He needed him. Sam kept him sane, kept him sort of human. Without Sam…..he’d steal the Colt and do it himself before he slipped too far again. He buried his head in Sam’s hair, fighting sobs.

“Please wake up Sammy. I need you.” He begged, nuzzling Sam’s throat. He could smell Sam’s blood; something had smelt different since the battle. It smelt more human than it had before. His Dad had finally admitted everything he knew and Dean had a pretty good idea why Sam’s blood was different. The demon had done something to Sam that night, made him partially demonic or something but now it had lessened. Did that mean he bond between them……? No, Sam loved him, not just because of that voice.
“Please Sam.” He choked.

Sam could hear Dean’s voice as if through a tunnel. He’d been aware on and off but his body didn’t respond to his commands. He wanted to tell Dean he could hear him, that he wasn’t going anywhere but no matter how hard he tried nothing happened. He felt different, lighter almost. The voice he’d gotten so used to hearing in the back of his head was gone and Sam felt….weaker. He didn’t care, didn’t care if his powers were gone, he just wanted Dean.

“Sam? Did…..come on Sammy you can do it. I know I felt you move. Please keep trying.” Dean whispered. Sam could hear him and was happy that he had apparently managed to move. Now if he could just open his eyes or something…….
“That’s it Sam. Come on kiddo.” Dean urged as he saw Sam’s eyelids flutter slightly.
“I know you can do it. Come back to me.” He whispered and then chastely kissed Sam’s lips. When he pulled back he found unfocused hazel staring in his general direction. He smiled and gently cupped Sam’s face.
“That’s it Sammy, I’m right here. Can you see me?” he asked, moving a finger in front of Sam’s eyes, relaxing when Sam managed to track the movement.
“Good, that’s good Sammy. You did it; you killed the bastard that got Mom. Saved us all, I’m so proud.” Dean told him. On the bed Sam’s fingers twitched and then moved weakly until they grazed Dean’s leg. Dean smiled and took Sam’s hand, squeezing gently.
“Just take your time. We’re safe.” Dean soothed and Sam’s eyes slid shut again. Dean held him, looking up when the door opened, grinning at his Dad.

“Dean?”

“He woke up.” Dean answered and John sagged in relief.

“Was he okay?”

“Pretty out of it, didn’t even try to talk but he was tracking movement and managed to move a little.” Dean told him and John nodded.

“I’ll bring some Gatorade up; try to get him to drink when he wakes up again.”

``````````````````````````````````````````
Dean held Sam as he drank the lukewarm soup. He was still pretty dazed seeming but was more alert than he had been the first time he woke. He still hadn’t spoken but would react to Dean’s voice and move if asked. Dean was scared that Sam wouldn’t ever talk but his Dad and Bobby both said to give it time, that the demon had obviously been trying to do something that had left Sam a little messed up. Thankfully his stomach wound was doing well; Bobby had pulled the stitches the day before. Dean just wanted to know if Sam still loved him, scared that it had all been because of the blood.

Sam still felt disconnected from his body and the world but he knew he was getting better. He also knew Dean was scared. He’d tried to communicate like they had before but he couldn’t get Dean to hear his thoughts or even hear Deans but he could feel his emotions. He just wanted to let Dean know it was okay.

“Had enough soup?” Dean asked and Sam’s head moved in a small nod.
“Okay, lets try a shower today. No offence but you’re starting to smell a bit.” Dean teased and then grinned when he saw Sam’s lips twitch slightly.
“That was a smile! Good work Sammy.” Dean got up and gently lifted Sam, carrying him into the bathroom. He stripped them both off and got into the shower, holding Sam to his chest, grinning when he realised Sam was trying to take some of his own weight.
“It’s okay Sam, I’ve got you.” Dean whispered, kissing the side of Sam’s neck.

“D” It was barely there, if he wasn’t a vampire he never would have heard it.

“Sam? Come on, tyre again.” Dean pleaded and Sam’s hand moved, gripping Dean’s weakly.

“D…’n” It was louder and Dean laughed.

“Yeah Sammy, I’m here, I’ve got you.” Dean whispered, fighting tears of joy. He turned Sam around in his arms, seeing that Sam’s eyes were a lot more focused. Sam’s lips twitched again into a small smile and Dean smiled back at him.
“Welcome back Sammy.” He whispered.

“H….h’rd you.” Sam mumbled and Dean’s smile widened.

“Really? I didn’t know…..I thought I’d lost you.”

“N’vr.” Sam got out and then let his head fall onto Dean’s shoulder.

“Shh, you just rest and get better. I’m here, Dad and Bobby too.” Dean soothed and Sam let himself drift into sleep.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````
Sam woke up to find Dean curled around him asleep. He carefully flexed his arms and legs, realising that for the first time he seemed to be in full control of his body. He carefully sat up and looked around, seeing that the sun was setting. He smiled at Dean and then leant in, kissing him. Dean mumbled in his sleep but then kissed back. Sam pulled back and sleepy green eyes opened. Dean blinked at him in confusion before sitting up quickly.

“Sam?” Dean whispered and Sam grinned.

“Hey Dean.” Sam answered.

“S…Sammy.” Dean choked and Sam wrapped his arms around him, hugging him close.

“Sorry Dean, so sorry. I’m okay, I’m here.” Sam promised him before pulling Dean into another kiss.
“Love you Dean, was so scared. Could hear you screaming.” Sam admitted and Dean smiled at him.

“I’m okay. You killed him, saved me.” Dean assured him.
“You’ve been pretty out of it for a month now. Dad and Bobby wanted to send you to the hospital.” Dean admitted and Sam kissed him again, laying down again and pulling Dean with him.

“I’m okay now.” Sam promised.

“Do you know why?”

“I….I feel different Dean, lighter or something. Tried so hard to reach out to you. I could hear you the whole time but I couldn’t move. I couldn’t hear your thoughts or make you hear me. Still can’t but I can feel you. My powers feel weaker, different.” Sam explained.

“The voice?” Dean asked fearfully and Sam smiled gently.

“Gone.”

“Oh, do you um….” Dean trailed off and Sam kissed him more deeply, slipping his hands under Dean’s shirt to explore the cool skin.

“Love you Dean.” Sam promised and Dean relaxed, kissing and touching him back.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````
John just shook his head in amusement as Dean cuddled into Sam’s arms. His sons were perpetually cute but it didn’t bother him anymore. He could accept that neither boy was strictly human, Dean less so than Sam now but as long as they were happy he was alright with it. Sam looked over at him and smiled but then frowned. Sam may no longer be able to read Dean’s mind but the lesser ability was actually more annoying since it seemed to work on everyone.

“You’re leaving.” Sam whispered and John nodded.

“It’s been three months Sam. Just because that bastards dead…..”

“We know Dad. We’ll head out soon too.” Dean told him.
“Just stay in contact now?”

“I will. You two watch yourselves. Other hunter……”

“We know.” Sam promised.

``````````````````````````````
Sam dropped down onto the motel bed, opening his arms to Dean who joined him more slowly. Sam wrapped his arms around him, gently kissing the back of his neck.

“Alone at last.” Sam whispered and Dean nodded. Sam frowned and then sat up, leaning over Dean to see his face.
“Hey, what’s going on Dean? Don’t…….don’t you want this, me anymore? Sam asked, fearful that something had made Dean change his mind.

“I…….you do?” Dean asked hesitantly and Sam realised what the problem was.

“Dean it was never about that. That voice…..it just gave me the kick in the butt I needed. I love you, I want this. And when you eventually change me then we’ll be together forever.” Sam explained and Dean’s eyes went wide.

“What? Change? Sam no…” Dean denied and Sam sighed, kissing him softly.

“Dean….what will you do when I get to Bobby’s age? If I live that long. Hunting’s dangerous. I don’t want to ever leave you and if that means becoming a vampire like you then so be it.” Sam argued and Dean slumped but nodded.

“But not yet.” Dean pleaded and Sam nodded, kissing him again.

“Not yet.” He agreed. Dean smiled and melted into him. Sam wrapped his arms around him and pulled even closer.

“Please Sam.” Dean begged and Sam’s eyes widened but he nodded, smiling gently as he tugged Dean’s shirt off and then his own before reaching for Dean’s belt even as Dean kicked his shoes off.

`````````````````````````````````
Dean hovered over Sam’s still body, praying for it to have gone right. He relaxed a little when Sam began to move a low, hungry growl coming from his throat so Dean held a blood bag to his lips, letting Sam drink. Sam’s eyes fluttered open and Dean held his breath until Sam smiled up at him, the smile pure Sammy. Dean leant in and kissed him, ignoring Sam’s sharp teeth. Sam pulled his closer, happy that they no longer had to break apart for him to breath.

“Sammy.” Dean whispered and Sam laughed.

“Dean. Forever.” Sam stated and Dean grinned.

“Forever Sammy.” He agreed. They ignored the sounds of Bobby and John in the house above them. They needed these first few hours of Sam’s new existence to themselves and for Sam to start adjusting.

The End.