Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Sam carried Dean back to their room, fighting the urge to throw up every time he glanced down at his brothers’ torn body. How could he….Sam cut that though off and worked on getting Dean to safety where he could tend his wounds, reminding himself that Dean was a vampire, he wasn’t going to die from this……he hoped. But Dean’s injuries were the worst Sam had seen, even worse than the ones from the wendigo several months earlier.

Sam gently lowered Dean to the bed, happy when Dean groaned in pain since it meant Dean was still ‘alive’, after all there was no pulse or breathing for Sam to check.

“It’s okay Dean, I’m here. I’m gonna take care of you.” Sam whispered despite the fact he was positive Dean was still unconscious.

He got to work, stitching up what wound he could as he waited for the blood bags to warm up, there was no point feeding Dean if it was all just going to leak out again. He gently opened Dean’s mouth and slowly let the blood trickle in, knowing Dean would swallow instinctively and he did. He drained all the bags they had before he started to look even remotely better but Sam didn’t want to risk leaving him to go get more. In his weakened state he was too vulnerable and if he woke while Sam was gone…..he knew Dean didn’t want to hurt anyone but he had before Sam had found him. Injured and hungry odds were Dean would find someone and feed without realising what he was doing. Sam knew Dean felt guilty for what he’d done since being changed but he’d been half hoping someone would kill him for it. So Sam would have to feed him until it was safe to leave him. Normally not a problem, Dean would never knowingly hurt him and that was the problem, would Dean realise it was him in his current state? Dean groaned again, teeth down, and then mumbled Sam’s name, calling for him and Sam closed his eyes in pain. How many times had Dean cried out for him while that bastard was cutting into him?

“It’s okay Dean, you’re safe.” Sam whispered, running a hand through Dean’s hair, smiling when Dean leant into his touch. Sam curled up around him on the bed, letting his body heat soak into Dean’s cold body and sooth it, Dean had told him the warmth made him feel better when injured and Sam definitely didn’t mind supplying it. He’d wait a while to give him any blood, let what he’d already had finish its work.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Dean fought against the urge to sleep, struggling to open his eyes and smiling when the first thing he saw was Sam’s worried face leaning over him. Sam gave him a relieved smile in return and Dean frowned, Sam was pretty pale.

“Sammy?” He whispered and Sam ran his fingers through Dean’s hair.

“It’s okay Dean, you’re safe.” Sam assured him as Dean fought the memories of what had happened to him, what might still be happening if Sam hadn’t found them. He’d spent several years wanting hunters to find him and end it but not like that…..that man wasn’t a hunter, he was a monster.
“Shh. He’ll never hurt you again.” Sam promised and Dean’s eyes widened.

“What’d you do?” He asked, scared for Sam and Sam stared at him solemnly. He choked back a sob; he’d never wanted Sam to kill, not for him.

“Shh Dean, its okay. It’ll look like an accident when he’s found. There’s nothing to link us to him.”

“I never wanted…..” Dean trailed off as Sam gently pulled him into his arms.

“I know but it was self defence Dean, he was going to shoot me.” Sam admitted softly and Dean tensed, trying to look Sam over for wounds. Was that why he was so pale?
“He didn’t get me.” Sam promised and Dean frowned.

“Sick?” He asked and Sam shook his head.
“Sammy?”

“I’m fine Dean, just a little…..anaemic.” Sam admitted and Dean’s eyes widened in terror.

“Did I….”

“No Dean, we ran out of bags so I looked around, got info on how to take blood. I’ve been drinking plenty of fluids and eating well. I’ll be fine in a few days.” Sam told him and Dean looked away, ashamed that Sam had had to hurt himself for Dean.
“Dean don’t, I like helping you. I didn’t want to step out until I knew you’d be okay.” Sam admitted and Dean nodded.

“How long?”

“Almost a week, I was getting scared you wouldn’t wake up.” Sam answered and Dean reached up to ruffle Sam’s hair.

“Not leaving you Sammy.” Dean promised and Sam smiled again.

“You should sleep. I’ll go get you some more blood and some more groceries.” Sam told him, making sure Dean could reach the gun he’d placed beside the bed.
“Want anything?” Sam asked, knowing Dean still enjoyed eating occasionally.

“Not yet.”

“Okay, I’ll be back soon.” Sam promised and a few seconds later Dean heard the Impala start and then leave the parking lot. He lay back, staring at the ceiling and keeping track of Sam for as long as he could. It was weird; he could follow Sam a lot further than he could anyone else….maybe because he’d drunk his blood several times? Not like he could ask any vampires about it.

`````````````````````````````````
It took Dean another two weeks to be fully recovered although they hit the road before that, not wanting anyone to get suspicious about the blood bags going missing. Sam had recovered well from giving too much blood to quickly so they’d moved on as soon as Dean had agreed Sam was well enough for a long drive. They hadn’t gone looking for another hunt though, both too traumatised by the last one to feel comfortable with the idea just yet. So instead Sam gave Dean a very nice surprise by driving them to the Grand Canyon, they arrived a bit before sunset so the sunlight wouldn’t be too painful and Dean could really enjoy it. Afterwards Sam checked them into a hotel several steps up from what they usually stayed in and Dean was surprised.

“Happy Birthday Dean.” Sam said, handing over a wrapped present and Dean stared in shock; he hadn’t celebrated since Sam had left for college and had completely ignored it since becoming a vampire.

“Sammy.” Dean whispered, staring at it and Sam smiled nervously.

“It’s not much and it doesn’t make up for not even calling you for your birthday after I left….” Sam started babbling and Dean put a hand across his mouth.

“Whatever it is I love it already little brother.” He promised and Sam nodded.
“Besides, you weren’t the only one who could have picked up the phone.” He admitted before turning his attention to the present. He carefully unwrapped it and then smiled. Inside a silver frame were four photos, one of their parents alone, one of all four of them, one of just him and Sam as kids and then one of the two of them taken far more recently.
“Sam…..were did you get?” Dean asked and Sam smiled.

“I couldn’t leave without taking something of you guys. I kept them on me all the time so they were some of the few photos I had that weren’t lost in the fire. I wanted you to have them now. I….you’re gonna outlive us all Dean, I want you to have them to remember us, remember me.” Sam whispered and Dean pulled him into a hug.

“Could never forget you Sammy.” Dean promised him, holding on tight. The thought of outliving Sam…..it wasn’t pleasant at all. Sometimes he wondered if Sam would let him change him before he got too much older, they could stay together forever that way. But the thought of damning his little brother, the person he loved the most, to his existence…..he didn’t know if he’d be able to keep himself from trying if Sam was ever seriously injured so he was going to have to ask Sam what he thought about it one day.

Sam melted into the hug; happy that Dean was a lot more open with his emotions now, pity it took becoming a vampire to do it but Sam had done his research. Dean was a rarity in the vampire world, he didn’t have a nest or anything so Sam figured in a way he took the place of the normal vampiric companions. Selfishly he liked not having to share Dean with anyone else. Dean was his and yeah, Sam knew thinking like that probably wasn’t good but he’d started feeling like that towards Jess towards the end, when his abilities had started showing up so he figured it had something to do with it. Maybe weird some sort of weird psychic bond….though he did wonder why his eyes turned yellow, Max’s hadn’t.

“I thought we could go out tonight if you want? Celebrate? Or we could stay here, order room service…..” Sam offered, not sure what Dean would want but hoping he’d say stay in. Dean no longer flirted and slept around like he had when he was human but Sam still felt little flares of jealousy when people stared at Dean. He knew it was stupid, Dean was his brother and if he found someone then Sam should be happy for him. But that little voice in the back of his head had been getting louder lately and all it said was ‘mine’. With Jess he’d figured it was normal but it sort of scared him now.

“Staying in sounds good, not like we usually have rooms this nice. We can watch a movie or something.” Dean answered but Sam was still lost in thought.
“Sam?” Dean called, getting worried, was Sam about to have a vision?
“Sammy?” He called, much louder and Sam’s focus latched onto him, eyes shining yellow, startling Dean since that usually only happened now when he was really exerting his powers.

“Mine.” Sam whispered and then grabbed Dean. Before the vampire could do anything Sam had crushed their mouths together. Dean tried to pull back but Sam wouldn’t let him so Dean decided to just wait until Sam needed to pull back for air, not responding to the kiss but not fighting him. He didn’t know what had happened or what was going on with Sam but that little display had actually scared him a bit.
“Mine!” Sam demanded and Dean placed his hands on Sam’s cheeks to keep him from kissing him again.

“Sam talk to me. What’s going on?” Dean asked and Sam snarled, the windows rattling.
“Sammy come on kiddo, you’re scaring me.” He pleaded, trying to get through to him and that seemed to do the trick. The yellow faded from his eyes and Sam blinked, seeming disorientated.

“Dean?” Sam called and Dean wrapped his arms around him, gently leading him over to the couch.

“Easy Sammy, just relax.” Dean soothed, tugging him down so Sam was reclined against him. Sam just sagged and Dean held him up, scared that whatever had happened seemed to have drained all his energy.
“It’s okay Sam.”

“Dean I’m scared.” Sam whispered and Dean just hugged him tighter.

“What happened Sam? One minute we were talking and then….”

“I attacked you, I’m so sorry. I’ll leave.” Sam answered but Dean didn’t let him go.

“No Sam, you’re not going anywhere without me. Come on Sammy, talk to me.” Dean pleaded and Sam turned to bury his head in Dean’ shirt.

“I don’t know! I’m so scared. It started with Jess but I thought it was normal but now….it’s like there’s this voice in my head, it’s getting louder and louder.” Sam admitted and Dean was glad Sam couldn’t see his face. He didn’t want him thinking he was scared of him when he was actually terrified for Sam.

“What does it say Sam?” He asked and Sam looked up at him.

“Mine.” Sam admitted and Dean thought it over. Okay he thought of Sam as his, he was his brother and Dean had bonded with him in the way he probably would have bonded with other vampires if he hadn’t been a hunter. But why would Sam be hearing a voice saying mine? Was it connected to his powers? It seemed likely since his eyes had changed.
“So loud.” Sam whispered, hiding his face again and actually putting his hands over his ears as if that would block it out.

“Shh Sammy, it’s gonna be okay. We’ll figure it out.” He promised.

“Don’t want to hurt you, don’t let me hurt you.” Sam begged and Dean placed a soft kiss on his head.

“You wont Sam. I know you won’t.” Dean told him and Sam shook his head against Dean’s chest.
“You trust me not to hurt you right?” Dean asked and Sam’s head shot up so fats Dean was worried he’d hurt himself. He gently stopped Sam before he made himself sick from nodding so frantically.
“Well I trust you not to hurt me. Any other hunter, hell most people, would have killed me back in that warehouse, instead you gave me the chance to show you I was still me. We will work out whatever’s happening to you Sam, I promise.” Dean answered and Sam managed a shaky smiled for him.
“Would…..would it help make the voice quieter if we did something it wants?” He offered and Sam chewed at his lip.

“What? What was I trying to do?” Sam asked and Dean hid his alarm.

“You don’t remember?” He asked and Sam shook his head.
“You kissed me.” That made Sam go bright red.
“It’s okay Sammy, vampire remember. I’m pretty sure most of the morals go out the window when changed.” He teased lightly, trying to help Sam feel better.
“Would it help?” He asked and Sam shrugged.
“Well we can try and if it doesn’t we’ll have to try something else, okay?” He offered and Sam stared at him.

“You’re not….it doesn’t….”

“Sam I….most vampires live in nests, you’re my nest. I can’t let you be hurt and if this helps then we do it. I am not losing you Sammy. I love you kiddo.”

“Love me like…..”

“Don’t know anymore, everything kind of gets messed around with during the change. And it’s been a bit odder since I’ve had so much of your blood, I can track you far further than anyone else, I need to be near you….I don’t know.” Dean admitted and Sam nodded so he leant in and gently brushed his lips across Sam’s, testing the waters. Sam licked his lips and then suddenly he was straddling Dean, pinning him to the couch and kissing him. Dean let it happen, returning the attention and quickly learning not to try and take control of things. He managed to keep it to just kissing by holding onto Sam’s hands and he was glad that Sam’s eyes stayed hazel the whole time. When they finally parted Sam blushed but seemed far more relaxed so Dean figured it had worked.
“Voice not as loud?” He whispered and Sam nodded.
“Good. Now how about we order dinner and watch a movie.” He suggested and Sam nodded, moving off his lap but then hesitating on where to seat so Dean tugged him in to curl against his side. Sam sighed but settled in, letting Dean order. Dean had to coax Sam into eating all his dinner and when it came time to sleep he curled up with Sam, rubbing his back until Sam drifted off to sleep.

TBC….