Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Dean glanced over and smiled as he saw Sam fast asleep, head resting against the window. He honestly didn’t know what to think about everything that’d happened since he decided to get drunk that night but he was happy that he’s back with Sam. Poor Sam, his kid brother was even taller now so sleeping like that had to be painful but Sam had wanted to get out of the town and since Dean had spent the previous day unconscious plus had better night vision he had stated he was driving. They’d have to figure something out, while sunlight might not kill him it wasn’t painless and he preferred to sleep during the day. But for Sam the day was better.

“Mmmm.” He peeked over at the noise and smiled as he saw Sam waking up.

“Morning.” He called and Sam shot up, looking wildly around. Dean quickly pulled over and turned in his seat.
“Sam?”

“Dean?” Sam whispered, eyes wide and then he shook his head.
“I....sorry. Guess I thought this was a dream.” Sam admitted, smiling at him and then stretching.

“A good dream?” Dean asked softly and Sam nodded.

“I was starting to think you were dead, well in the ground dead.” Sam admitted and Dean nodded.

“Want to get out and stretch for a bit?” He asked and Sam nodded so they got out of the Impala. Dean leant against the car and Sam joined him. It was amazing how much Sam had changed from the gangly teen into a tall young man and it hurt that he’d missed it but he had Sam back with him now. He cautiously moved until they were standing shoulder to shoulder, happy when Sam didn’t move away. Sam looked over at him, studying him and Dean let him.

“How long?” Sam asked and Dean knew what he wanted to know.

“Two years give or take a bit. I don’t really remember what happened, I was hunting and then there was this awful pain, burning cold in my blood. I managed to kill the vampire that got me and then found an abandoned building to die in. Woke up and hit the road, been travelling around since.”

“And getting drunk and dancing near naked on stage.” Sam added and Dean’s eyes went wide.

“I what?!” Dean exclaimed and Sam laughed.

“You were more than a little drunk Dean. I was in a club, drinking away my misery and imagine my surprise when I see you up on stage dancing.” Sam explained and Dean looked away, embarrassed.
“You weren’t that bad Dean.” Sam told him with a small grin and Dean looked back at him, managing a small smile in return. Sam yawned and Dean shifted, letting Sam lean against him.

“Sorry, with what I am I’m used to being nocturnal now.” Dean said and Sam shrugged.

“You should have seen some of the study sessions I pulled at Stanford and hey, we’ve pulled all night hunts before, not like I’m the one doing the driving. So we headed anywhere particular?” Sam answered.

“Not really, I was hoping to find somewhere to hole up for the day. Well...unless you don’t mind me sleeping under a lot of blankets in the back while you drive.” Dean answered.

“We can find a place. A bed would be nice.” Sam admitted and Dean nodded.

“Sam.....thanks.” Dean whispered and Sam looked at him curiously.

“For?”

“Wanting me round still.” Dean answered and Sam shrugged.

“You’re my brother Dean. I....I still don’t know if I fully trust you but you’ve had ample opportunity to do something and you haven’t. And I’ve missed you so much.” The last was barely a whisper but Dean could still hear it. He smiled slightly and reached out to warp an arm around Sam’s shoulders.

“Missed you to little brother. Heard anything from Dad?”

“No. I’ve left him messages but he hasn’t answered. I’ve spent the last eight months looking for both of you.” Sam admitted and Dean frowned.
“Besides I can’t see him taking my abilities well.”

“Or my being a vampire?” Dean asked and Sam nodded sadly.
“So what have you been doing other than looking for us?”

“Hunting a bit, getting back the old skills. It came after Jess, killed her like it did Mom. I think it’s after me Dean and I won’t go without a fight.”

“That thing will have to get through me to get you Sammy.” Dean told him.
“Come on, let’s go get you a bed.” Dean gave Sam’s shoulders one last squeeze and then headed back to the driver’s side of the car, Sam going to his own door.

-------------------------------------
Dean fidgeted on the bed, his throat burning with need. He needed to feed and soon, it was getting hard to ignore the sound of blood rushing through Sam’s body and he would not hurt his brother! He was not that much of a monster.

“Dean? You wanna stop staring at my throat?” Sam called and Dean looked down in shame.
“Dean? You need blood don’t you?” Sam asked more softly as he crouched in front of Dean. Dean pushed himself back on the bed, struggling to keep his second set of teeth from descending.

“Sam don’t.” He managed to choke out and Sam sighed softly.

“We’re out of blood packs. Dean....I know being bitten doesn’t change you. You...you could feed from me.” Sam offered and Dean’s eyes went wide.

“No!” Dean cried out, moving across the room.

“Why not?”

“Sam please, you don’t know what you’re offering.” Dean pleaded shakily. Oh how he wanted to accept that offer.

“Dean...what do you mean? It’s just blood, I...I don’t think you’ll hurt me.” Sam answered and Dean managed a small smile.

“I could never hurt you.” Dean told him, slowly moving closer again.
“Sammy.” Dean breathed, slowly moving so his mouth hovered over Sam’s throat and he closed his eyes as he heard Sam’s heartbeat accelerate. Dean gently placed his lips against Sam’s throat and actually heard Sam’s heart skip a beat. He placed a soft kiss on the skin and then raised his head, wrapping his arms around Sam in a hug. Sam slowly raised his arms and hugged Dean back.

“Dean.” Sam whispered and Dean nodded.

“It’ll hurt Sammy, a lot.”

“I know.” He answered and Dean smiled shakily as his second set of teeth emerged. He guided Sam over to the bed and laid him down, settling over him. He then pulled out a syringe full of red liquid and handed it to Sam.
“Dean?”

“If it looks like I can’t stop or am taking too much, use it.” Dean demanded and Sam nodded. Dean brushed Sam’s bangs back from his face, happy that Sam didn’t flinch from his cold touch and then he lowered his face to Sam’s neck again. He heard Sam gasp as his teeth entered the tender skin and Sam went rigid under him but then he slowly relaxed as he adjusted to the pain as Dean drank. Dean was surprised to feel Sam’s arms come up to wrap around him. Sam’s blood...it was like nothing he’d ever tasted before. Thicker and richer than anyone else’s but with an odd under taste. He knew he had to stop, he was at the limit of what he could safely take but he didn’t want to stop. He struggled and Sam whimpered softly.

“Dean please. Don’t want to...” Sam trailed off and Dean felt the syringe resting against his skin.
“Please.” Sam begged and Dean pulled back, gasping for air. He licked the blood from his lips and then grabbed a corner of the sheet to press against Sam’s throat.

“Sammy?” Dean asked and Sam stared up at him before smiling.

“Knew you could do it.” Sam whispered sleepily.

“You’ll be okay, I’ll get some bandages.” Dean whispered and Sam nodded before wincing slightly.

TBC...