Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Sam looked around groggily as he opened his eyes, finding himself staring up at a wooden ceiling. He slowly sat up and looked around, frowning, until he remembered what had happened. Whatever Bobby had made him drink had been foul and had apparently knocked him out. He groaned and rubbed at his eyes before his head snapped up at feeling someone approach, he relaxed when he saw Dean entering the room with a tray in his hands.

“Bout time you woke up. Feeling okay?” Dean asked as he handed the tray over. Sam reached for it and then stared in shock at his naked wrists before looking up at Dean who shrugged.
“You were telling the truth and this place is pretty heavily protected.” He answered and Sam nodded as he carefully took a bite of toast. That was all it took for his stomach to remind him that it hadn’t been fed for a while and he dove in, getting an amused look from Dean.

“So what happens now?” Sam asked once he’d finished eating. Dean sat on the seat opposite him and just stared at him. Sam forced himself not to fidget, he’d been stared at before and by beings he liked a lot less than Dean. Finally Dean sighed and slouched.

“Not sure. Whose side are you on in all this?” Dean asked and Sam looked down at the floor, ashamed for the first time about the ‘favours’ he had done for his father.

“I’ve managed to mostly stay neutral, Da...Azazel never really pushed me to take a side. I did the occasional odd job for him but I never hurt anyone. I...he was my Dad you know? And even if I didn’t understand why he did what he did....” Sam trailed off but was surprised to see Dean nodding.

“You wanted him to be proud of you, to love you.” The hunter said softly and Sam nodded.
“And now?”

“Now...if he dies I’ll throw the party.” Sam stated flatly, closing his eyes against the memories of seeing Jess.

“Will you help us?” Dean asked, leaning forward and Sam looked at him, slowly smiling.

“I’ll help you.” Sam promised.

``````````````````````````````````````````
Bobby looked up as Sam joined him in the kitchen. He looked the young half breed over, noticing that his wrists were all but healed already.

“Thanks for marking the safe areas for me.” Sam said and Bobby nodded. He’d marked out where all the traps were so Sam could move around without getting stuck in them since it was a pain to break them and then redraw them.

“So you’re gonna stay with Dean?” Bobby asked and Sam nodded.

“He saved my life....even if I didn’t really want to live. I owe him.”

“And you want revenge.” Bobby stated and Sam shrugged.

“He killed her, after saying he was happy for me and I don’t understand why. I can never forgive him for that. I loved her.” The last was a whisper and Bobby nodded.

“Dean has a habit of getting into trouble so look after him for me.” He ordered and Sam nodded.

“Yes sir.”

“Also, be careful if you run into Dean’s Dad, John. He’s not the most open minded when it has to do with your Dad.”

“He’ll think I’m going to hurt Dean, won’t he?” Sam asked and Bobby nodded, glad the kid was so perceptive.
“I won’t, you have to believe that.” Sam pleaded.

“I know, it’s weird but I don’t think you’re a danger to any of us. Just don’t prove me wrong.” Bobby said and Sam smiled almost shyly at him.

“Thanks.” Sam said and Bobby nodded before handing him a plate with a sandwich.
“So um...how did you find out about well people like me? Didn’t think we were very common.” Sam finally asked and Bobby sighed.

“You’re not. According to all the sources most like you die in the womb or very young, the few who survive are usually human but psychic. The fact that you survived....you’re one In a billion Sam. The lore about half breeds is rare but I do my best to have info on anything to do with demons.” Bobby explained and Sam stared at him in shock...he should have died before he was born or as a baby....that made things look a lot different. No wonder he could remember so many medical exams when he was little.

“I never knew that.” Sam whispered tightly.

“It’s not exactly something you find in most demonology books.” Bobby said with a shrug.

```````````````````````````````````````
“So what now?” Bobby asked and Dean shrugged.

“Guess we hit the road, try to track Azazel down and kill whatever comes our way.” Dean said and Sam bit his lip.

“We?” He asked cautiously and Dean gave him a small smirk.

“You don’t want to come?” He asked and Sam’s eyes went wide before he smiled and nodded.

“You really want me to come with you...why?” Sam asked and Dean shrugged.

“You’ve got info at least; I’m guessing you have some skills?” Dean asked and Sam nodded.

“I’m telekinetic and pyrokinetic and I do know how to fight.” Sam told him and Dean grinned.

“Cool. We do this are we gonna run into anyone you’ll have problems taking out?”

“You don’t kill humans?” Sam asked and Dean shook his head.
“Then no.” Sam told him and Dean relaxed.

TBC...