Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chapter 6

Dean grinned as he saw Sam come out of the store, he couldn’t believe how long Sam had managed to hide what he needed, the difference in Sam since he’d started feeding from Dean was amazing. Sam spotted him and gave him a brilliant smile, waving the bag he was holding as he waited to cross the street. Sam joined him and they got in the Impala, heading back to their motel. When they got there Sam transferred his stuff from the shopping bag to his duffle and then lay back on his bed, surfing for a case online. Dean watched him as he cleaned the weapons, happy that Sam seemed to be dealing with his girlfriends death better these days. He was sleeping better too so that probably helped. Sam looked up at him curiously and Dean went back to cleaning the current gun.

```````````````````````````````````````
“So any idea what’s causing this?” Sam asked as they headed up to the old house.

“Could be a few things. Just stay on guard Sam.”

“Okay.” Sam answered as Dean picked the lock and they slipped inside. They split up to search but then Sam bolted as he heard Dean cry out in pain. He entered the kitchen only to be slammed into a wall; dropping the gun Dean had finally let him start carrying. Sam grimaced but pulled his head up to stare at the demon.

“Sam, Sam, Sam. You’re really in trouble boy. Daddy’s pissed.” The demon taunted and Sam’s eyes flashed, the demon flying into the opposite wall as Sam slipped free, stalking towards it.

“Then he should have left Jess alone. As far as I’m concerned both my parents are dead, killing the thing that possessed my Dad is something I will gladly do.” Sam snarled and held up his hand. The demon began convulsing as Sam focused. Dean opened his eyes blearily to see white light flashing through the demon before it collapsed, dead. Sam took a deep breath and then looked around, darting over to Dean.
“Dean? Hey, you’re okay.” Sam mumbled as he gently checked him over. Dean moaned in pain and Sam gently lifted him up, carrying him out of the house and to the Impala. Sam got him back to the motel and into his bed, grabbing the first aid kit to patch him up. Dean’s eyes fluttered open and Sam smiled at him.
“It’s okay, you’re safe.” Sam whispered.

“S’mmy.” Dean mumbled and Sam nodded.

“Its okay, gonna patch you up. Juts lie still. I got the demon, you’re okay.” Sam assured him, watching as Dean’s eyes shut again. Sam stayed beside him, keeping an eye on him as Dean slept. Seeing the demon with Dean….it had scared him. Other than Jess, Dean was the only person Sam had ever really let get close to him. He’d already lost Jessica, he couldn’t lose Dean too. Dean was the best friend, the closest thing to a brother Sam had ever had. Losing him would break Sam; he knew it which meant so did Azazel. Sam had made Dean even more of a target than he’d already been.

````````````````````````````````````````````````
Dean watched as Sam tried to hide the fact he was hovering. Something had changed since their confrontation with that demon. Sam was…..overprotective of him, to an almost ridiculous level. At first Dean had just assumed it had been the scare of a demon attacking them but now he wasn’t so sure. Then again is was sort of nice to have someone so concerned for him, not like his Dad ever showed that much unless Dean was near death or something. And it was great having a partner near his age who he could relate to. His Dad tried sometimes but it wasn’t the same as having a friend.

“Hey Sam lets go hustle some locals.” Dean called out and Sam smiled, grabbing his jacket.

`````````````````````````````````````
Dean lunged aside but knew it wasn’t going to make any difference as the werewolf pounced towards him. Dean braced himself only to hear a pained grunt from in front of him and then a warm body slammed into him. Dean opened his eyes to find Sam slumped in front of him, bloody claw marks ripped through his shirt. Dean stared in horror for a second before scooping up his dropped gun and shooting the werewolf through the heart. He ignored the corpse as he gently rolled Sam from his side onto his back, shakily checking for a pulse. He relaxed a bit when he found one and gently tapped Sam’s cheek, trying to wake him up. Trying to carry Sam back to the car would not be easy without Sam awake to try and help.

“Sam? Come on kid, wake up.” He called and was finally rewarded when Sam moaned.
“That’s it, I know it hurts but you need to wake up.” Dean urged and unfocused hazel finally opened.

“D’n.” Sam moaned and Dean nodded.

“Yeah, I’m here idiot. What were you thinking?” Dean grumbled, gently pushing Sam’s hair off his face.
“We need to get out of here okay? I need you to try and help. I know it hurts but there’s nothing I can do till we get back to the motel.” Dean told him and Sam whimpered but slowly raised his arms. It took a lot of work but Dean finally got them both upright, Sam leaning very heavily on him.
“That’s it, nice and slow.” Dean encouraged as they staggered back to the car. Dean grabbed the first aid kit and bandaged the wounds roughly before driving back to the motel, keeping one eye on Sam as he drifted in and out of consciousness.

When Sam really woke up he found himself staring up at what had to be a motel ceiling. He tried to move only to feel stitches pull and relaxed back with a pained moan. He heard movement and lifted his head enough to see Dean walking towards him, looking relieved.

“Hey Sam, bought time you woke up. How’re you feeling?” Dean asked as he sta on the edge of the mattress.


“Sore.” Sam croaked and Dean helped him with a water bottle.

“Considering that werewolf pretty much sliced your chest to ribbons I’m not surprised. Why did you jump in front of me Sam?” Dean demanded and Sam looked away.
“Sam!”

“I couldn’t let you get hurt. Demons are gonna be after you cause of me.” Sam mumbled and Dean sighed.

“Sam you can’t just throw yourself between me and danger, it doesn’t work like that. We’re partners, that means we watch each others backs. I watch out for you and you watch out for me. I don’t want to be stuck having to salt and burn your corpse cause you did something dumb. Understand?” Dean argued and Sam nodded sullenly.
“Good. Now you have a lot of stitches in there, sorry I’m not the neatest but I wasn’t sure about taking you to a hospital. I was gonna risk it if you hadn’t woken up properly by tonight.” Dean explained and Sam nodded.

“Hospitals bad.” Sam agreed groggily.

“Hey, you okay? Do you need to feed?” Dean asked and Sam grimaced but nodded, knowing the extra energy would speed up his healing. He watched as Dean cut his arm and then shifted around to lean against the headboard, placing the cut in front of Sam’s mouth. Sam began to suck at the wound, relaxing at the energy began to flow into him.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````
Dean gaped in awe for a second before rushing to Sam’s side, barely catching him before he slumped to his knees amongst the shattered glass. He slung Sam’s arm over his shoulder, looking up into Sam’ face to see the blood coming from his eyes.

“Sam!” He yelled and then relaxed as Sam cracked his eyes open, proving that Bloody Mary hadn’t managed to do too much damage before Sam had lashed out and shattered every bit of glass in the building.
“It’s okay Sammy, you’re gonna be okay. You got the bitch.” Dean assured him as he started manoeuvring them towards the entrance. He knew there was a reason he had hated Sam’s plan, he loathed seeing the kid hurt. He got Sam back to the motel and smiled when Charlie rushed over to help him get Sam over to the bed.

“Is it over?” She asked and Dean nodded.

“Yeah, Sam got her. You’re safe now.”

“Thank you.” She whispered, kissing Sam’s cheek and Sam nodded, keeping his eyes shut.
“Are….are you okay?” She asked and Sam smiled shakily.

“Will be, just sore and tired.” Sam told her.

“Okay, I hope you feel better soon and thanks again.”

“Need a lift home?” Dean asked and she shook her head.

“Take care of him, I’ll be fine now.” Charlie told him as she left. Dean turned back to Sam and began checking him for other injuries.

“Okay I need to get a cloth for your face, back in a sec.” Dean told him and then went into the bathroom. He sat on the bed and began gently cleaning the blood off Sam’s face. Sam sighed and started to relax, reaching out blindly towards Dean who gently grabbed his hand.
“Can you see?” He asked nervously and Sam gingerly cracked his eyes open before groaning.

“Blurry, hurts.” Sam whispered and Dean nodded.

“Okay. Doesn’t look bad. Try and sleep it off, if you’re not better by morning we’ll have to try a hospital.” Dean told him and Sam nodded, settling in but not releasing Dean’s hand and Dean found he didn’t mind. With his sight compromised it wasn’t surprising Sam needed touch to ground him so Dean moved around until he was lying beside Sam on the bed.

TBC…..