Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Sam and Dean Winchester looked at each other then nodded. That was a clear order from on high they had just gotten. Dean called his 'father' John, who was an older search guard. "Hey, Dad, us," he told the voicemail. "We have a head's up on where the boy is. We're going to need some major backup. Call us ASAP." He hung up. "This is not good."

"That town's a cesspool," Sam said, looking it up. "We have to get the heir off there." His phone rang. "Hey, Dad. Yeah, we're good but the High One said he's on the hellmouth." John swore and Sam waited it out. "They think he's shielded too. We need to see if we can spot him. Well, they have a slayer," he admitted, finding a site online that gave a head's up view from the demon perspective. "Yeah, that's why. Please." He hung up. "He'll meet us there in two days."

"We can do that if we hustle," Dean promised. They packed up and left. This was going to be a nasty trip. Hellmouths were dangerous.

***

Dean slid onto a stool at the demon bar's bar. "Hey." The demon stared at him. "Beer me."

"You're human."

"Yes and no," Dean said dryly, staring at him. "We were told there was someone in town we needed to find and help."

"Who?"

"Our heir," he said quietly. The demon behind the bar stared at him in horrified shock. "So yeah, beer me?" He got given one and the money waved off. "We know he's here, he's shielded by both the area and some other way." He took a sip. "Good beer, thanks. Got any ideas?"

The bartender shook his head. "Half the town has radiation from the hellmouth covering them. Demon and human."

Dean nodded. "I realize that. This one's leaking like a sieve."

"We'll tell the witch and she'll tighten it down again hopefully."

"Which witch?"

"The slayer's witch. She works with a witch, a construction worker-hunter, her watcher, the hunter's girlfriend sometimes. They just brought her back from her death from fighting Glorificus." Dean shuddered. "Her witch has a witch of her own but something's going on there. We can pass on a message. Any idea what he looks like?"

"We know he's definitely human but when he left, the shields on him prevented us from seeing him."

"Huh." He considered it. "You know, with that luck, the one you're looking for is Harris, on the slayer's team, but I doubt it. He's so normal he's mundane. Though a demon magnet."

"Can we meet with them? We have a legitimate hunt out here." The demon stared at him. "Hi, Dean Winchester."

"Shit," he said in awe.

Dean smirked. "Well, not today. Maybe later." He finished his beer in a few gulps. "Can we chat with her and her crew?"

"They're at the Magic Box, like always. Who are you guys supposedly here for?" Dean put down the notes they had. "That's bad," he decided. "She's by the college most of the time." That got a nod and Dean left. "Lords help him, above and below," he muttered. "He's going to need it with that task at hand."

Dean talked to his father and brother and they went there together. "Howdy," he said as he walked in. The blonde in the fashionable outfit stared at them, palming a stake. "Relax, we're here on a hunt. We were told we could come talk to some people here."

"Who are you three?" the redhead asked.

"I'm John Winchester, these are my sons Dean and Sam. We're hunters, ma'am."

"I've heard of other hunters," the blonde admitted. "A former watcher went to you guys for some training. Why are you in my town?"

"We know the town has a slayer and we've been asked to get a specific being," Sam told her. "We don't want to step on any toes or anything so we've come to talk about them. Is she here, ma'am?"

"I'm not that old," she whined.

"And it's her," Willow said with a point and a grin. "I'm Willow, her main witch. Xander's in the shelves fetching for us."

"Cool," Dean said, coming down to shake her hand. "Thank you, I heard about the ascension a while back." The blonde beamed at him for that. He put down his notes. "Do we know her?"

"Oh, dear." She looked at Willow. "What did you do?"

"Nothing!"

"Really?" She held up the notes. "Look familiar?"

Xander came down to read over her shoulder. "That's Amy, not her," Xander said quietly. "Once they deratted her, she kinda went to a magic dealer and started to drift again." He nodded at the guys. "What's she done that's that bad?"

"A few things. Including stealing items with power and damaging some people," Sam said. "Is she a friend of the group?"

"She's my former pet rat, but she turned herself that way," Willow said, handing it over. "What items did she steal? We might be able to help you get them back." John produced his notes on them. "Oh, yeah, I've seen a few of those." She looked up the one she hadn't seen. "That one's at a pawn shop," she said with a point.

"Your pawn shops take mystical artifacts?" Sam asked.

"This is the hellmouth," Buffy said dryly. "I'm sure at least one does."

"Two do," Xander told her. "The one on sixth will only take smaller, amulet sorts though. They had something possessed a few years back and the owner ended up with it inside him, sacrificing his virgin daughter for the being's needs. But I'm told she and the baby are very happy together and she's keeping the baby from going back to his evil former self." He walked off. "Let me know what I can do to help."

"It looks more like capturing her and cleaning up her mess," Willow said. "You have to work early tomorrow."

"I know I do, but it's not like I'll get any sleep if I go home. Anya's still stuck in her soap opera binge. She's worried she'll be knocked into a coma and get amnesia now." The girls all laughed. "Don't even start since it was you two who introduced her to them." He gave them dirty looks and went back to his sorting and shelving.

"You've gotta excuse him," Willow said quietly. "He's kinda normal and magic goes screwy around him so we don't like to include him in magical things."

"And yet the last two spells I helped with didn't," Xander called. "And they haven't since before graduation, thank you. You also might want to remember, I do have *fantastic* hearing so you're now without a birthday present."

She huffed. "You wouldn't dare."

He glared at her. "Yes I would."

"You're being mean on purpose."

"I can paddle your ass," he offered. "Because hey, normal people are people like Giles, before they got trained." She shrank down at that. "As for magic going screwy. Hasn't happened since I went to Oxnard. So probably something to do with being in the highschool overtop of the hellmouth itself. Huh?"

"Enough," Buffy called. "This argument is too stale to even make into croutons."

"I didn't bring it up," he shot back, grabbing his jacket and walking out.

She sighed. "Sorry. This has been an ongoing thing on and off for years."

"Though he is right," Spike said dryly. "And probably vamp bait sometime soon since no one teaches the boy anything." He smirked at the hunters. "Winchesters."

"Spike," Sam growled.

"Easy, he's unable to hunt so he's on our side now," Buffy said. "Who did he kill that you knew?"

"Three of my frat brothers. His *girlfriend* made them his slaves for a whole weekend and then they killed them to get the rest of us."

Dean looked at him. "You never told me you had to handle that while at Stanford."

"Yeah, well, not the most shining moment since I had to build traps to get two of them."

"It's always hard when it's friends," Buffy said gently. "Trust me, I know this very well." She stood up. "Let's go find Amy. She should be at home about now." She walked them out before anything else could happen that was bad.

"How are things going around here?" John asked. "When we looked up the town we saw it's still got a pretty high death rate," he said at her look.

"It's half of what it was when I got here," she offered.

"Want us to stick around and help for a few days?" Dean asked. "Not like we have to hurry off once we handle her."

"Nah, we're cool most of the time. It gets tiring, because it's nightly here, but we can handle it outside of apocalypses. Which seem to happen all too frequently."

John patted her on the back. "If you need our help, you can call us, Miss Summers." She stared at him. He smirked. "A few of the hunted demons sites have your name and no pictures."

"Ah." She nodded. "That's probably a bad thing but I know they have their own gossip network. That's why I go threaten Willie now and then for information." She pointed. "She's in the back apartment on the right. There's a back and a front door. Fire codes," she said with a grin.

"I'll take the back," Dean said. "Dad, you and Sammy get the front." They nodded and spread out that way. He heard someone knock and it sounded like her instead of one of them. Slayers were forceful little things. He hadn't run into one before. They got the witch, her stolen artifacts, and handed her off to some people waiting outside of town. Then they checked into the motel to search. "That witch has anti-magic blocking on the shop," he said. "Everything but hers."

"Which might be protective," John pointed out.

"Maybe but it felt wrong too." Sam's amulet was glowing but in an overloaded way. He put it aside and they cast out to search. Beings of power were set aside. Then the ones that read fully human.

"Huh," Sam said.

"What?" Dean asked.

"Their helper, he's not fully human. He's got mermaid taint."

Dean looked then nodded. "I got told the kid was a trouble magnet." They kept going and found a few who it could be. And that one kid. "We'll keep him on the list." They nodded and made the list. Something very odd was going on in this town and they weren't sure it was entirely the hellmouth's fault.

***

Cam took the list with a sigh. "You can't get it narrowed down any further?"

"No," Sam said, shaking his head. "We tried. There's too much energy there to do an effective, good search. We narrowed it down that far but that's all we managed. This one," he said with a point. "Felt highly unstable. Mentally going wrong sort of highly unstable." He looked at him and grinned. "This one actually helps the slayer. He has mermaid taint."

"Oh, that's wonderful, but at least she hasn't killed him for it." He went back over the list. "Well, shit. That's only ten names."

"We'd have to get them outside the town," Dean said. "Even standing next to them we couldn't search them."

"My search amulet nearly exploded," Sam told him.

"We did start with background checks," John offered, handing those over. "That hunter she works with? He is the demon magnet of the universe. Worse than Sam is."

Cam looked at them. "You're joking, right?" They shook their heads so he flipped to that one. "No, you're not joking." He stared at it then at them. "Do we think he's a possible one?"

"He's in the right age range, he showed up during the search," Dean offered. "I'd say we have to consider him. He did leave town in that right time. All of those did. He went to Oxnard. Apparently he broke down and ended up at a strip club there."

"There is heavy magic floating around him," Sam said with a small shrug. "That could be their witch or it might be another one. They said magic went wrong around him when he was younger but he did point out the former high school was right on top of the hellmouth. I doubt anyone doing any magic there wouldn't be highly tainted." Sam suddenly grabbed his head and went to his knees. "Oh, god, it's Rosenburg," he muttered, trying not to puke.

Cam helped them as best he could.

"Thanks to that demon that got involved with us, Sammy here has visions now," Dean said dryly. "We have got to kill that fucker soon."

Sam blinked at them, staring hard. "Rosenburg just lost it. That was real time, guys." They all moaned as the power started to build around them. "Oh, please, let someone go stop her," he prayed. They all felt it when someone did answer that prayer. It was their prince and they felt each time she belted him with magic. It was like it was ripping into their souls. He wasn't dead, but he wasn't in great shape either.

Dean called that bar. "Willie, Dean Winchester. My brother just had a vision of Rosenburg pulling a 'no one will live' thing. Who stopped her?" He listened. "You're sure?" He gave him a report. " Shit, dude, thanks. Do you guys need help? We're only in Colorado." He nodded. "Good deal. Thank you." He hung up. "Harris stopped her."

"He's our prince then," John murmured, helping calm Sam down. "We have to tell him."

"We can't officially note him without that magic around him going down," Dean countered. "Which I'm thinking was Rosenburg's thing." He got Sam sitting and looked at his father.

"She lost her soulmate, was pulling up a temple to an ancient goddess to destroy everyone so they'd know her grief. She's a black magic addict and we didn't even feel it."

"Then we've got to get him out of there," John said.

"He won't believe us without proof," Sam said, looking at him. "I got that later on. He'll turn away from us and go do something truly stupid and die." They all shuddered. "For right now, we have to get that magic taint off him but that would mean a lot of time off the hellmouth." He looked at Cam. "You're our head."

"Let me get in touch with the Big Brained One I kinda work with, see if he has any idea. For right now, go watch."

"I have to get that one that killed my human wife," John told him. "It's bad and it's killed a lot of others."

"Go," Cam ordered. John nodded and headed off. "Boys, can you lurk conveniently up the coast?"

"Not that close. There's a few who want our asses now, like the FBI," Dean said dryly.

"Shit," he said, staring at them.

"Hunting isn't cheap," Sam quipped.

"No, I guess it's not. Okay, you guys do whatever you can. I'll alert the others we have a probable match and it's a problem by every definition." They nodded and Cam left to go back to the Mountain. He called the general since the new General had taken over, thankfully. O'Neill was crap at paperwork stuff. He was a field general, not an office general. "Sir, found him." He listened to the smug tones. "The Winchesters found him and just now, that shock? Was him stopping a problem." He listened.

"Yes it was." He read off the social security number. Then he listened to him swear. "We spotted him before? Ah! Someone saw him dancing. Got it. Well, what do you want to do?" He typed in what he had and sent it via email. "I sent you his profile from them." Jack got into it and swore on his end. "Exactly, sir. So they need orders. Because right now we only have issues." He listened to the orders and then Jack told him he'd give more concrete ones tonight. To check with McKay.

"I can, sir." He hung up and got into the connecting mindset. John wasn't going to be happy. "It's bad and good news together," he sent. "We found him and that's both sets." He sent over the full information he had, getting a shudder of horror. "Exactly. Ideas? O'Neill's gathering some. I need some." He broke out of it when the alarm went off. "Oh, not today!" he complained, running off to help stop that issue. Whatever it was this time.

***

John relaxed himself, looking at the demon scientist in his bed. "We found him," he said.

"You don't look happy."

"He's helping a slayer on a hellmouth."

He stared. "Harris?" John nodded, looking amused. "That kid is a screw up of the most epic proportions. Also, they're not going to like the fact he was tainted by mermen DNA or he was possessed by a primal."

"Oh well. They stuck him there." He licked over the small, mushroom-like head on Rodney's stomach. It was an alternate sexual organ and it was very delicate. Even the most firm of licks could induce pain. It also leaked a honey colored and slightly tasting sap that was like human come. He cleaned up the mess he was making, earning a few shakes and Rodney grabbing him by the hair. "Too much?" he teased, smirking at him.

"Much too much! Join with me!" John took off his own protective barrier and settled on top of him. Their little heads rubbed and it was so good. The way it was meant to be. Their saps were joining and each rub brought exquisite pleasure but also a hint of pain. "More!"

John took the band off his tentacle, turning it back from his human penis disguise. He wiggled it into Rodney's body, which was already prepared for him. Rodney yelped and squealed but it was so good. They rode together and the tentacle got to tease all John wanted. He kissed him, letting his true nature out. Rodney stared and let out his true nature as well. This was dangerous but it was...special and necessary between them. Rodney traced the dark lines on him. Like cat's stripes, they showed up underneath the skin but had been there from birth. It marked his heritage, his family, and who he was. Some said they could read the whorls, spires, dots, and lines like tea leaves but he didn't want to think about that. He and Rodney were good together and Rodney reading them with his fingertips was special enough for him. John finally shot off and Rodney moaned, doing the same. "Oh, God," he moaned, moving down to clean him up. They had gotten messy with their sap. His tentacle was long enough to still be inside his lover's body.

"This could be a problem," Rodney whispered.

"I can be a guard, Rodney, not part of his harem," he soothed. "We don't know that the prince will want us as his harem. So you're mine. Even if I do go, you're coming with me." Rodney smiled at that, tracing a few more lines. John cleaned him up and sat up, staring at him. "You never taste me."

"You never let me." John shifted, having to pull out of him, earning a hiss. "That is not the normal tentacle," he teased. He licked the messy areas, moaning at the flavor. Then the insides before finally going over the head. He sucked around it, it was too big to fit into his mouth all at once. John shivered and shook, clutching the bed to keep him from shouting, screaming, or lunging up at his mate. "Rodney."

"Hush." He got finished and stared at him. "Fully clean."

"I didn't need it that clean." He took a kiss. "I don't mind carrying some of your sap and scent around. Even if Ronon can smell it sometimes." He took another kiss. "Merge with me?" he asked quietly.

Rodney stared at him. "That's dangerous if we split."

"We could die tomorrow. Hell, we could die while doing this."

"True." He sighed and let out his own tentacle, smiling at the responsive wiggle John's gave when he saw it. "You're sure?"

"It'll be like we're engaged," John said with a smirk and a wink.

"No, if I do this, we're more than engaged." He stared at him. "Remember, we are addictive."

"Yes you are and that's just from watching you berate your people." He took another kiss. "We'll be whatever we are and whatever we decide."

"We'll be bound, John. For good."

John moved down to tease and play with the tentacle. He couldn't do more than suck the head in because it was so long. His peoples' heads were tiny, just barely a rounded end at the end of his tentacle. Rodney's people were built closer to the human style but they had an elongated head. Rodney gasped, flopping down to let him do whatever he wanted. John pulled back to look at him. "I know." He got back to work and it was wonderful. Both tentacles were active, wiggly, wet, and wanting buried inside of their mates. Thankfully they could grant that wish very easily.

***