Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Dean let himself relax in Sam’s arms, happy that Sam wasn’t running as fast and as far as he could now that he knew the truth. He figured he’d give Sam a couple of days to fully accept it and then decided whether or not he still wanted to be around him. Sam’s arms around him, holding him close felt really nice and he didn’t want to lose it. Sam meantime was looking around them curiously.

“Hey Dean?” Sam finally asked and Dean looked up.

“Yeah?”

“Where are we?” Sam asked and Dean laughed, he had completely forgotten that he hadn’t told Sam, oops.

“Everyone needs a home, this was Death’s. It’s ours now if you want it.” Dean told him and Sam stared at him before smiling slightly.

“Our home?” He asked and Dean nodded.

“You....you want to stay with me still, don’t you?” Dean asked nervously and Sam nodded, pulling Dean closer if that was possible.

“Always Dean.” Sam whispered and Dean smiled in relief.
“Can I really live here? Is it safe for people not Death? And where is here anyway?” Sam practically babbled, still looking around. Dean was happy that Sam, at least seemed to like the place, if he hadn’t Dean would have changed it but it felt....nice to be in his old home again.

“It’s safe here Sam, nothing can hurt you here, so yes you can live here. As to where here is...that’s really complicated but I guess you could say we’re not on earth anymore. You know how there’s Heaven and Hell and how they’re not really physically up or down from earth?” Dean was trying to figure out how to explain it and was glad when Sam nodded in understanding.
“Well this place is like them except it’s more sideways than up or down. And I’m the only one able to get here so no worries about an angels or demons popping by to visit.” Dean explained and Sam relaxed but then frowned.

“If you’re the only one that can come here....what happens if we’re separated?” Sam asked and Dean grinned, slipping off Sam’s waist to sit beside him behind him, wrapping his arms around Sam’s waist. Sam seemed puzzled by the change for a second but then just went with it, relaxing back into Dean’s arms. Dean wondered if it was being in his old home that was making Sam so tactile but pushed that aside for later. Finding a way to keep Sam alive was way more important and being able to run home would be a start.

“Trust me?” Dean whispered and Sam slapped his arm.

“Always.” Sam answered, leaning his head back to smile at Dean. Dean nodded and placed his hand over Sam’s heart, letting out a small amount of power. He heard Sam hiss in discomfort but it wasn’t something he could stop from happening. Instead he kissed the back of Sam’s neck, offering silent comfort, before withdrawing his hand. Sam reached up to rub at the skin over his heart and then pulled his shirt away and stared at the mark. It was in the shape as the stone in the Horseman’s ring and the skin was white like it too but in the centre was some sort of symbol.
“What is it?” Sam whispered.

“My mark. To get here all you have to do now is want to be here. It’s the same as the Horseman’s ring except of course he doesn’t have my glyph.”

“What language is it?” Sam asked and Dean grinned at the typical Sam question.

“None known to man.” He teased and Sam rolled his eyes.
“It’s similar to Enochian though.” He gave Sam that much and he nodded.

“Hang on, my anti-possession tattoo was there.” Sam suddenly pointed out and Dean nodded.

“Not needed anymore, mine does the same thing plus hide you from angels like the marks on our ribs Cas gave us.” Dean told him and Sam relaxed again.
“I’m not about to leave you vulnerable Sam.”

“I know. So what’s going to happen?” Sam asked and Dean hugged him tighter.

“I don’t know.” He answered.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````
Bobby and Castiel both tensed as Dean and Sam appeared in his lounge room. Dean had a hand on Sam’s arm, steadying him as Sam blinked and shook his head.

“Will I get used to that?” Sam asked and Dean laughed.

“Yeah Sammy, it’ll feel the same when you activate your little escape mark too so you’ll learn to land on your feet.” Dean told him, ignoring the tense men for the moment.

“Joy.” Sam grumbled before looking up and smiling at Bobby and Cas.
“Hey.” Sam greeted them rather lamely.

“You okay Sam?” Bobby asked anxiously and Sam nodded.

“I’m fine Bobby; you know Dean would never hurt me.” Sam answered angrily and Dean reached out to place a hand on his shoulder.

“Sam calm down, you know Bobby’s just worried about you.” Dean soothed, rubbing Sam’s shoulder and smiling when Sam began to calm down.
“So I don’t get a hello anymore?” Dean asked the man who might as well be a second father and Bobby stared at him, taking in his odd eyes and looking for any other changes. Dean slowly moved closer to him, noticing Castiel tense up but not move to interfere.
“Bobby it’s me.” Dean told him, repeating the same words he’d said to the hunter over a year earlier when he’d shown up on his doorstep. He could see that Bobby was still hesitating and reached out to touch his hand, but he never reached him as Castiel reacted, grabbing Bobby and moving them instantly to the other side of the room. Dean jerked back and then stared at Castiel, feeling betrayed by the angel for not giving him a chance. Sam quickly moved to Dean’s side, reaching out to squeeze his hand and then he walked over to the agitated angel.

“Cas it’s okay.” Sam said calmly, moving closer. The angel relaxed a bit since it was just Sam but then he frowned, staring at Sam’s chest. Sam frowned and then realise somehow the angel could detect his new tattoo so Sam pulled his shirt down, letting Castiel see it.

“He marked you.” Castiel whispered in shock and Sam shrugged.

“It’s so I can get home if we’re separated plus it does what the old tattoo did and the marks you put on our ribs. Cas he’s still Dean, he’s not going to hurt any of us.” Sam told him calmly and Castiel looked from Sam to where Dean had moved to lean against the table where Bobby had been researching all the legends he could find about any being called Death. Dean stared back and Castiel took a slow step towards him. Sam moved away to stand beside Bobby. Castiel stopped just in reach of Dean and continued to stare at him. Dean just stood there and let him, he knew they needed Castiel on their side.

“It’s okay Cas, I’m still me. You’re my friend and I would never hurt you.” Dean said, praying the angel would believe him. He didn’t like them being scared of him. Castiel swallowed and then nodded slowly.

“Okay.” The angel said hesitantly and Dean smiled at him, slowly reaching out to just graze Castiel’s hand with the tips of his fingers. Castiel gasped but didn’t move away. He did lift his hand to stare at it and then he slowly held it out to Dean. Dean’s smile widened and he reached out too, gently grasping Castiel’s hand in his own. Castiel shivered slightly, the cold of Dean’s skin affecting even an angel, but he slowly relaxed as nothing else happened.
“Dean.” Castiel stated and Dean let go of his hand.

“Cas.” Dean shot back and Sam muffled a laugh before nudging Bobby forward. Bobby stared at Dean warily so Dean walked towards him slowly, not wanting to spook him more than he already was.
“It’s me Bobby.” Dean pleaded with the older man and Bobby hesitated, staring into Dean’s odd eyes.
“You’re family, I could never hurt you.” Dean swore and Bobby reached out to him. Dean pulled him into a brief but firm hug and then stepped back, not wanting to test the limits. Bobby nodded at and Dean relaxed. Sam just grinned and moved back to Dean’s side, He wasn’t sure why Sam was being so clingy but he wasn’t going to complain, not when he’d thought finding out who and what Dean really was would make Sam leave him.

“So do I get to find out what the hell is going on? Castiel’s explanation was missing a lot, like how you can be Death if Death was sealed away for good.” Bobby grumbled and Dean nodded before sitting down, Sam right beside him. They all settled in as Dena gave them the same explanation he had given Sam.

TBC...