Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


“This is insane.” Bobby grumbled, staring at the brothers.
“You two….” He sighed and leant back in his wheelchair.

“Are…..are we okay?” Dean asked, staring at their long time friend and Bobby nodded.
“I uh…might be able to do something about….” Dean waved at the chair and Bobby straightened, very interested.

“What?” Bobby demanded and even Castiel looked interested.

“How do you feel about dying, temporarily?” Dean asked nervously and Bobby paled a little but continued staring at him.
“The doctors couldn’t fix it because the operation would have killed you, right? So you die temporarily while the problem is fixed. Cas still has the power levels to fix it if you’re dead.” Dean explained and Bobby looked to Castiel who thought it over and nodded.

“And you can bring me back?” Bobby asked and Dean nodded.

“Promise. No way would I do this if I wasn’t sure.” Dean swore to him and Bobby looked at them all.

“Okay, when?”

“Whenever you want. Sooner the better when it comes to Cas’ power levels.” Dean said and Bobby nodded, reaching out to grab the whisky bottle, taking several big mouthfuls.

“Let’s get it over with then.” Bobby said. Dean nodded and reached out to touch his face. Bobby sighed and his eyes slid shut. Sam gasped as he saw Bobby’s chest fall still.

“He’s okay Sammy.” Dean whispered and Sam nodded.

“I know, it’s just seeing him…” Sam trailed off and Dean nodded in understanding. He gently lifted Bobby from the chair and carried him into the room they’d converted into a bedroom for Bobby when he’d been injured.

“Sam get the medical kit just in case…..”

“In case?” Sam asked and Dean shrugged.

“In case Castiel can’t fix it all and I have to finish it.”

“You can heal? Then why?” Sam asked and Dean sighed.

“Because unlike Cas I have to touch what I’m healing. I think Bobby would prefer not having me touching his spine and nerves not to mention I can’t heal the small stuff so he’d end up with stitches and a scar.” Dean explained and Sam gapped in surprise before doing as Dean had asked. He came back in and put it beside the bed even as Dean moved Bobby’s clothes to reveal the scar from Ruby’s knife, wincing at the sight of it. Dean caught the wince and smiled at him, reaching out and Sam went to him, Dean frowning when he found Sam was shaking slightly.
“Sammy?” He questioned, tightening his grip and wishing he still had body heat to share.

“I’m fine Dean.” Sam answered and Dean frowned.

“Then why are you shaking? Sam he’s gonna be fine. I’ll wake him up once it’s over and he’ll be alright.” Dean promised softly and Sam nodded, burrowing closer to Dean.
“Shh, it’s okay Sammy.” Dean whispered, kissing his forehead.

“Everything happening so fast. I’m scared Dean.” Sam admitted and Dean held onto him.

“It’ll be okay, we’ll make it okay even if all four of us end up living at home for eternity.” He promised and Sam looked up at him, hazel eyes a little teary, but he managed a small smile.

“Can we do that?” Sam asked and Dean shrugged.

“We could, if we all wouldn’t spend all eternity feeling guilty as hell for letting Lucifer destroy the planet.” Dean answered and Sam sighed but nodded in agreement as Castiel joined them, the angel not even blinking at their position.

“Are we ready?” Castiel asked and Dean nodded.

“Do your thing.” Dean told him and Castiel placed a hand over the scar. He was obviously straining and exhausted when he stepped away and Sam moved to support him, getting a nod of thanks.

“I couldn’t…” Castiel started and Dean nodded, moving in to check it himself.

“Almost.” Dean told him, making a small incision and Sam watched in fascination as Dean reached in to actually touch Bobby’s spine.
“Gross?” Dean teased and Sam nodded, making Dean laugh as he removed his bloody hand, wiping it off before stitching the wound up.
“All done.” Dean stated, placing a hand over Bobby’s heart and the other on his head. Bobby gasped and then his eyes fluttered open. He blinked up at Dean in confusion before remembering what had happened.

“Dean?” Bobby asked and Dean smiled.

“All over, wriggle your toes for me old man.” Dean teased and Bobby took a swing.

“Watch who you’re calling old Death.” Bobby shot back and Dean shrugged. Bobby stared at his feet in wonder as his toes moved. He winced and put a hand to his side.

“Sorry, Cas couldn’t fix it all so I had to go in. I can’t heal like he can; I have to actually touch it.” Dean told him and Bobby grimaced.

“You touched my spine?” He demanded and Dean nodded. Bobby moved to the edge of the bed and went to stand but Dean stopped him.

“Take it easy Bobby, it’s been months. You’re gonna be shaky since you’ve lost muscle.” Dean warned and Bobby nodded. Sam moved up to his other side and they helped him stand and then take a few steps. They ignored the tears of happiness in Bobby’s eyes. Bobby grabbed Dean in a hug and Dean returned it, pulling back before it could hurt him.

“Thank you.” Bobby said gruffly and Dean just shrugged.

“You’re family Bobby.”

````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Dean smiled as he saw Sam sprawled on his bed, continuing to dry his hair as he walked into the bedroom. Sam looked up and smiled back, shifting over in offer so Dean sat beside him.

“Hey, how’re you handling everything?” Dean asked and Sam shrugged.

“Okay I guess. The touching Bobby’s spine was a bit eww but it gave Bobby his legs back. I’m glad they’re both accepting you still. I know it’d hurt you if they didn’t.” Sam told him and Dean smiled, running a hand through Sam’s hair, making his little brother roll his eyes but he didn’t try to move away.

“As long as you did I could deal Sammy.”

“But you’d still miss them.” Sam pointed out and Dean nodded, happy Sam could still read him so easily. He finished drying his hair and then lay down beside Sam who rolled to lean into him and Dean wrapped an arm around him. Sam sighed and snuggled even closer, making Dean smile as he actually warmed up a little thanks to Sam’s body heat.

“You’re gonna freeze Sammy.” He warned and Sam shrugged, reaching down to tug the blankets up.

“Problem solved.” Sam answered and Dean laughed.
“Am I being majorly clingy or something?” Sam asked, looking a little puzzled and Dean shrugged.

“I’m not complaining Sam. It’s…nice. I never used to be able to touch anyone for more than a second so being able to touch you as much as I want is nice.” Dean admitted and Sam nodded, feeling sad for Dean when he’d just been Death.

“I don’t know why I’m doing it….it’s like you’re going to vanish or something if I stop.” Sam whispered and Dean hugged him.

‘”I won’t Sammy, I’m not leaving you ever.” Dean promised and Sam nodded, looking away.
“It’s okay Sam, I told you, I don’t mind. It’s nice actually.” Dean told him and Sam looked back up at him, smiling slightly when he saw Dean was telling the truth. Sam put his head down on Dean’s shoulder and Dean put his hand back in Sam’s hair, smiling when he felt Sam fall asleep against him. He held Sam close, wrapping the blankets more securely around Sam so he wouldn’t get too cold. After a while Dean closed his eyes and let his mind drift, his body relaxing, the closest he could get to sleep now.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````
Sam grinned and clapped as Bobby managed to walk unaided all they way around the room, getting a mild glare from the older hunter. He just smiled back and Bobby rolled his eyes.

“Told you it wouldn’t take you long.” Dean told Bobby who nodded.

“I owe you Dean.” Bobby stated and Dean shook his head.

“I’d say we’re pretty even these days.” Dean told him and Bobby accepted it.
“Anyone seen Cas?”

“He said he wanted to check into something, left a while ago.” Sam answered as he tossed Bobby a bottle of water.

“So what’s the plan boys? Still need to take care of Lucifer, doubt he’ll leave Sam alone for much longer.” Bobby pointed out as he sat down and Sam looked away.

“Well he’s not getting him! Prophecy or not, I’ll kill him.” Dean growled and Sam looked over at him briefly.
“Besides, Sam will never say yes to him.” That got Sam to really look at him, saying thanks with his eyes and Dean smiled.

“So what’s gonna on with you two?” Bobby asked and they both looked at him.
“I ain’t blind ya know. Since all this started the two of you….you’re acting like lovesick puppies.” Bobby told them and they stared at him and then each other.

Lovesick puppies? Dean though it over and figured, yeah, it could seem like that from another person viewpoint but it wasn’t, was it? He glanced at Sam again to find him staring at the floor, his cheeks slightly pink. Yeah Dean loved the kid…but like that? He knew he’d started looking at Sam differently before the kid had run off to college but when they’d gotten back together he’d forced himself to only think of Sam as his grieving baby brother. Things had gone to hell, literally for a while, so it had never come up again.

Sam stared at the ground, fighting not to blush at what Bobby had suggested. Love? He’d loved Jess; he might have even been able to love Madison but Dean? Dean was his big brother, his father in many ways, so yes, he loved him. But to love him like that? Okay Sam could admit very easily that Dean was incredibly attractive to look at, loyal, kind though he tried to hide it behind a tough exterior, and way over protective of those he cared for. Actually thinking about it, he could fall for Dean if he let himself, but could Dean ever? He glanced up and found Dean staring at him, smiling slightly. He swallowed nervously and Dean’s eyes darkened in concern. Why did Bobby have to say that? Sam mumbled something and then bolted upstairs, not hearing Dean following him. Bobby watched them go and realised he may have said something he shouldn’t have.

TBC…