Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.
Very, very sorry for the long wait on this. SEX ahead.

Chapter 7

Castiel approached Death…Dean, seeing that he was watching Sam read. Dean looked at him and smiled. “Hey Cas.”

“Dean. Are things well?”

Dean shrugged. “Still trying to figure out how to save Sam….oh, you can stop looking for your Dad; this mess is His way of teaching the kids that Dad knows best.” He glanced at Castiel and saw the shock on his face. “Don’t worry, He’ll be back someday.” He assured his friend and Castiel nodded before leaving to think. Dean sighed and went back to watching Sam. He had a pretty good idea now how to save him…..but would Sam want it?

``````````````````````
Sam smiled as he helped Bobby cook dinner, it was weird but his big brother being revealed as Death had actually made their lives better. Bobby could walk again and Sam wasn’t scared of Lucifer anymore, not when Dean had promised to kill him if he got close. Okay so he would be dieing in a few months but he trusted Dean when he said he’d find a way, he didn’t want to leave his family after all. Sam grinned when Dean joined them and his brother smiled back at him, moving to his side and Sam leant against him, not at all bothered by the lack of warmth from Dean’s body. He knew Dean craved the touch since he couldn’t touch many people anymore.

Dean wrapped an arm around Sam, relishing in his warmth as it soaked into him and ignored the amused look on Bobby’s face as the hunter dished up the food. Dean had fun stealing the occasional bite off Sam’s plate with Sam trying to stop him playfully. Dean didn’t each much anymore but he always had fun stealing bits of Sam’s meals and he was always ready for pie. It wasn’t like he needed food to sustain his body anymore after all but he did enjoy it. He cleaned up once they were done since Bobby and Sam had cooked and they spent some time watching tv before heading up to bed.

Dean stretched out on the bed and watched Sam move around as he got ready to sleep. Sam caught him watching and grinned slightly, fighting down a blush. Dean smirked and patted the mattress, making Sam laugh but crawled in with him, curling into Dean’s side. “So what’s up?” Sam asked and Dean sighed, the kid had always been able to read him too well.

“I uh…..I think I found a way.” Dean admitted softly and Sam tensed, swallowing nervously.

“That’s good right?” Sam looked at him and Dean reached out to stroke Sam’s face. “Dean you’re scaring me.”

“Sorry.” Dean whispered. He didn’t want to tell Sam, didn’t want to make him think about whatever it was between them now. What if Sam said no? He’d be forced to watch him die, unable to stop it. He was Death! He should be able to spare whoever he wanted….and yet he couldn’t.

“Dean? What is it?” Sam demanded and Dean leant in to kiss him gently, Sam responding. “That bad huh?”

“No….well I don’t think so but I’m not sure what you’ll think.”

“Okay that explained….nothing. Come on Dean, just tell me.” Sam urged, wrapping an arm around Dean.

“Sam…do you love me?” Dean asked softly and Sam frowned.

“What do you mean Dean? You know I do.”

Dean shook his head. “Not as brothers but……..” He couldn’t say it but Sam understood and pulled him close, kissing him again.

“Think I’d do that for just brotherly love you Jerk?” he teased shakily. Admitting he was in love with his brother, with Dean, Death, a being that had existed since the beginning? Yeah that was nerve racking but it was pretty obvious Dean needed to know. Sure enough Dean relaxed and smiled at him. “Love you Dean.” He whispered to make sure Dean really got it and Dean kissed him.

“I love you to Sam.” Dean told him, relieved that what he felt for Sam wasn’t one sided. Sam smiled at Dean actually saying the words; he hadn’t expected that with Dean’s issues. Dean shrugged embarrassed but he meant it.

“Okay so what do our feelings have to do with this?”

“Well it gives us the way to save you.” Dean answered. “As….as long as you really want to be with me for eternity, no chance of ever finding someone else.”

“Easy choice Dean, you.” Sam assured him and Dean blinked at how quickly Sam had answered.

“You sure? We do this…..it’s forever Sammy. I don’t want you to regret this, to hate me one day.”

“Could never hate you Dean. If we don’t do whatever it I’m dead right? I don’t want to leave you, ever.” Sam assured him, dying again scared him. He remembered the blinding pain of the knife in his back and then waking up. Was he destined to go to hell because of his blood? And without him Dean would be alone forever, well there was Cas but Sam knew Dean, he’d pull away, especially after Bobby finally died.

Dean nodded and pulled him closer, taking them to his home. Sam closed his eyes, breathing deeply as they moved but then he opened them when he felt the luxurious bed beneath him. Sam blinked and looked around, why had Dean brought them here? Dean leant in and kissed Sam gently and Sam responded eagerly. “Trust me?”

“Always.” Sam whispered, smiling at him. He could tell that whatever was going to happen would obviously take him trusting Dean with his life, which he always had even when they were fighting.

“Sam…….no matter what happens you’re going to be okay.” Dean told him and Sam frowned in confusion before his eyes widened.

“Dean am I going to…..die?”

“I don’t know, maybe. It won’t hurt Sammy; it’ll be like going to sleep.” He promised, nuzzling at Sam’s throat and Sam moaned in pleasure, hands moving to clutch at Dean.

“Trust you.” Sam told him, staring into green eyes and Dean nodded, kissing him again. Sam wasn’t sure what Dean was doing this for but it felt good. He shivered slightly when Dean’s hands moved under his shirt but willingly raised him arms for it to be removed. Sam yanked at Dean’s shirt in return and Dean ripped it off, letting Sam touch him in return. When Dean’s hands went to his sweatpants Sam felt a thrill of nervousness but raised his hips anyway, he’d said he trusted Dean and he did. Though he had figured they would wait longer before actually having sex he wasn’t going to say no. Dean kicked his own off and Sam found himself studying the body poised over his in a way he’d never stared at Dean before. Sure he’d gotten glimpses over the years, with how close they lived it was hard not to, but he had never really looked at Dean. When he noticed Dean studying him as well he actually blushed a little and Dean grinned.

“No need to blush Sammy, you’re gorgeous.” Dean told him and Sam’s cheeks went redder. Dean was definitely better looking, all flaws and blemishes gone from his cold skin. Sam moved his hands over Dean’s skin, feeling it warm slightly under his hands from his own body heat. Dean smiled softly, leaning in to kiss and touch Sam, working to arouse him further and Sam eagerly responded. Sam was enjoying everything so much that at first he didn’t even notice where one of Dean’s hands was but when he did he couldn’t help tensing slightly. Dean kissed him tenderly to help him calm down and Sam forced himself to relax. Once he did Dean began to prepare him, his other hand still moving over Sam’s body as they kissed. Sam’s body was very quick to get into the flow of things and soon he was clutching at Dean as he moved, in fact he was so absorbed by what they were doing he didn’t notice his own body temperature beginning to drop but he did notice as he began to feel tired, lethargic. Dean kissed him desperately. “It’s okay Sammy, its okay.” He whispered and Sam blinked dazedly, it was getting kind of hard to breath, his vision darkening.

Dean stared into Sam’s eyes, seeing the life slowly fading from them as Sam’s breathing began to slow, Dean could feel Sam’s heartbeat slowing as well until it began to skip beats. Sam whimpered softly and Dean stroked his hair before Sam’s eyes fell shut, body going still in death. Dean held his body to him and kissed him, pouring his power into his body. This had to work, it had to or he’d never have Sam back. He touched Sam’s soul, wrapping it in his power, forcing it to remain in Sam’s body, locking it in place. He could feel fear coming from him and tried to sooth him as best he could before finally pulling back and stroking Sam’s slack face. “Come on Sammy, please wake up.” He pleaded softly and then he nearly sobbed in relief when Sam’s hand twitched on the bed.

TBC….