Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chapter 5

Sam watched over Bobby as the man slept. Dean had gone out to get dinner and Sam had agreed to stay and keep an eye on the hunter, just in case. Bobby shifted in his sleep and moaned as the movement aggravated his wounds. Sam wiped his face with a damp cloth.

“It’s okay Dad, just sleep.” He whispered sadly, knowing he’d never dare to call him that when there was any chance of him hearing.
“I wish I could tell you, that you’d be able to accept me. Mum really cared about you, maybe if you’d been a hunter for longer, could accept that different doesn’t mean evil. Maybe you can now but…..I’m scared. Better to have this sort of relationship with you than nothing or to have you hate me.” Sam told him, gently brushing some hair off his Dad’s face. When he’d seen him go flying when the troll had hit him…it had taken everything in him to fight the urge to shift and rip the thing apart with his claws. Dean had sent him to his Dad while he’d taken the troll out. Sam had been grateful to him for that, even though Dean didn’t know. He tensed, grabbing his gun as the door rattled but then it opened and Dean walked in with bags of take out. He tossed one at Sam and he smiled in thanks.

“How’s Bobby?” Dean whispered and Sam shrugged.

“Still out. Should we take him to the hospital?”

“Give it a couple more hours.” Dean answered and Sam nodded, opening his bag to start eating.
“You okay?” That made Sam look at him curiously.
“It’s just…..you’ve been really quiet and stuff.” Dean shrugged uncomfortably.

“It’s nothing Dean, just thinking about stuff.” Sam answered and Dean frowned.

“You sure?”

“Yeah.” Sam assured him and Dean nodded, accepting it for the moment.

```````````````````````````````
“Thanks for the help Sam.” Bobby told him and Sam smiled.

“No problem, I’m just glad you’re okay.” Sam told him, grabbing his bag.

“Got everything?” Dean asked and Sam nodded.
“You sure you’ve got to go?” Dean practically pouted and Sam laughed.

“Yeah, got to check into something. I’ll see you around. It was nice to finally meet you Bobby, hope you’re better soon.”

“You’ll call?” Dean asked and Sam nodded, reaching over to hug him briefly before leaving. Dean watched Sam drive away and Bobby smothered a knowing grin but Dean caught it.
“What?” Dean asked.

“Nothin. You really like him huh?” Bobby asked and Dean actually blushed slightly.

“Bobby….”

“Dean I’m not saying anything, if you like him then good for you. He seems to be a good kid. Just….be careful, he’s hiding something.” Bobby warned and Dean nodded.

```````````````````````````````````````````````
Sam grinned as he spotted Dean, sneaking up behind him to whisper in his ear.

“Boo.”

Dean jumped and spun around, hand going for his knife only to stop and glare at a laughing Sam.

“You want to get stabbed? What are you doing here?” Dean asked and Sam shrugged.

“Was just passing through, saw the Impala outside and thought I’d come say hi.” Sam answered.
“How’s Bobby doing?”

“He’s fine Sam, I know he’s told you that himself.” Dean teased and Sam shrugged.
“You eaten yet? Want to grab dinner?” Dean asked and Sam grinned.

“Sounds good.” Sam said so they left the bar and headed for the nearby diner, walking in companionable silence. Dean’s arm brushed against Sam and he started slightly, blushing and Dean grinned nervously. They chatted as they ate; exchanging funny stories and trying not too make fools of themselves when they’d touch. They finished up and left the dinner, heading back to the bar for their cars. They stopped beside Sam’s Charger, both nervous.
“Dean?” Sam whispered and Dean nervously shifted his weight.

“I….I like you Sam.” Dean admitted and Sam’s eye went wide as he stared at Dean.
“Sam?” Dean asked, scared he’d ruined everything by saying that but then Sam was smiling at him, moving closer to him.

“I like you too Dean.” Sam whispered before hesitantly kissing him. Dean swallowed nervously but returned the kiss awkwardly, he’d never kissed another guy before but it didn’t feel too weird. Shouts form the bar had them springing apart, laughing nervously.
“So…..”

“Um…want to come back to my room? Not for…..we could watch a movie, talk……” Dean asked awkwardly and Sam smiled, nodding.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Dean smiled as he lay in Sam’s arms, it felt kind of odd to be the one being held instead of doing the holding but it also felt very good. He wasn’t the one being looked to as the strong one; Sam was just as strong as he was. He could just be Dean with him, not the fearless hunter. It had been six months since their first kiss and they still hadn’t had actual sex yet but they weren’t rushing. Dean had even stopped sleeping around which took a bit of getting used to but he didn’t want Sam to leave him. They only saw each other once or twice a month, they both had their own lives and hunts but they’d started working together more and Dean secretly hoped that in a few more months Sam would agree to hunt all the time with him. He knew there was something Sam wasn’t telling him, other than who his Dad was but he wasn’t going to press things. He knew Bobby was worried he’d get hurt but he trusted Sam, he’d never done anything but try to protect and help him.

“Penny for your thoughts.” Sam offered and Dean looked up at him.

“Just….happy. never thought I’d get to have this.” Dean admitted and Sam smiled, kissing the tip of his nose.

“Neither did I. I’m very glad I went down that alley that night.” Sam confessed and Dean grinned.

“So am I since I’d be dead if you hadn’t.” Dean told him, smiling as Sam tightened his grip on him. Dean smirked as he noticed Sam’s feet were over the edge of the bed.
“How do manage sleeping in motels? You’re too tall.” Dean grumbled and Sam laughed.

“I get a King and sleep at an angle. It works.”

“Guess so.” Dean settled back down and they fell silent for a while.

“Have you heard anything? About your Dad?” Sam eventually asked and Dean shook his head.

“I….It’s been more than a year Sammy. Bobby has friends watching all the morgues and stuff, nothing. If he’s alive why hasn’t he called?”

“I don’t know. Maybe he was hurt, is in a hospital somewhere and didn’t have any id on him?” Sam offered and Dean shrugged.

“He’d have to be in a coma or else he could have called.” Dean whispered and Sam hugged him, kissing the top of his head.

“I’m sorry, you have to stay hopeful.” Sam whispered and Dean nodded before raising his head to kiss Sam’s lips. Sam smiled but kissed him back, letting Dean deepen it, his tongue mapping Sam’s mouth and making him very glad he was half human. If he wasn’t he wouldn’t be able to kiss Dean like that, his tongue would be rougher, like a cat and that would give him away. He was surprised when Dean’s hand hesitantly reached under his shirt only to pause but he copied the move so Dean relaxed and they started exploring each others bodies beneath their clothes. Sam lay down, tugging Dean down with him so Dean was lying on top of him. They’d never gone so far before but it felt good and neither wanted to stop. When Sam pushed at Dean’s shirt the older man ripped it up over his head and Sam moved enough to get his own off. They continued to kiss and touch for a while, not rushing to move further, Sam because he was nervous about accidentally hurting Dean and Dean because he had never been with any male other than Sam so while he knew what to do theoretically he had no actual experience.

````````````````````````````
“Hey Sammy. Yeah I made it okay. Looks like a demon so Bobby called me for back up. No, you finish up your hunt, we’ll be okay. Yes you can join us when you’re done; we’re in Avoca, Nebraska. Yeah, typical small town.” Dean told him as he opened the room door. He went to flick the room lights on but never got the chance, his phone falling from limp fingers as Sam screamed for him on the other end.

TBC…