Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


Disclaimer: Not mine.

Chapter 5

Bobby watched as Sam and Dean played with Mary. His place was the most heavily protected so Sam had moved in with him and Bobby found he liked having the kid and baby around. Dean and John were around a lot too but spent most of their rime on the road, hunting down the demon to protect Mary. She was growing fast, her first birthday approaching quickly. She was already a bright little thing, obviously taking after her Daddy though Sam insisted she was more like her mother. She loved her uncle Dean and Grandpa a lot, always happy when they came home. But she loved her Uncle Bobby too and that warmed the old hunters heart, though he tried to hide behind the gruff hunter façade.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````
Sam screamed as the images shoved their way into his brain, scaring Mary and making her cry for Daddy. Bobby rushed into the room and grabbed Sam before his head could hit the table, holding him until the vision passed. Sam clung to him, gasping for air.

“Sam? What the hell was that? Should I call an ambulance?” Bobby asked and Sam shook his head.

“Call…..call Dad, warn.” Sam mumbled, pressing a hand to his forehead.

“Sam what’s happening?” Bobby demanded, helping Sam sit up. Mary toddled over and Sam cradled his baby girl close.

“Saw it. Just call Dad, tell him it’s a trap.” Sam whispered, rocking the terrified toddler. Bobby nodded, bewildered, but he went to warn John while Sam calmed his daughter down.

“Daddy booboo?” She whimpered and Sam kissed her curls.

“Daddy’s okay Mary, just a sore head. Let’s go take a nap.” Sam, got up, still holding her and Mary pouted but settled down on the bed beside him.

Sam was woken by a gentle hand on his head and opened his eyes to see Dean leaning over him. He smiled groggily and leant into his brothers’ touch.

“Morning sleepy head.” Dean whispered, not wanting to wake Mary.

“When’d you get back? Dad?” Sam mumbled going to sit up but Dean pushed him back down.

“Is fine, thanks to you. Just rest.” Dean told him and Sam blinked sleepily. “We can talk later.” Dean assured him and Sam’s eyes drifted shut again.

Dean watched his brother and niece sleep. He was scared for Sam; he’d been through so much over the last two years. How much more could he take? Dad was pissed since it seemed like this wasn’t the first time this had happened but Sam hadn’t said anything. Dean was mad about that but more worried than anything else. So he stretched out beside Sam to keep watch over his family as they slept.

The next time Sam woke up he smiled as he found Dean asleep beside him, Mary now squished between them. Sam yawned and sat up, stretching as he got out of bed, he brushed a curl from Mary’s face and then headed downstairs.

Bobby looked up as Sam came downstairs and felt a flood of relief to see him looking a lot better. “You feeling okay?” He asked and Sam nodded, accepting the mug of coffee.

“I’m okay. Dean and Mary are asleep.” Sam sipped the coffee, leaning against the counter.

“As a warning your Dad’s mad.” Bobby offered and Sam sighed.

“Figured.” He admitted softly.

``````````````````````````````````````````````
“Sam.” At the sound of his Dad’s voice Sam sighed. He was twenty two, nearly twenty three, not two.

“I’m glad you’re alright.” Sam told him, turning to face him.

“You planning to tell me what the hell is going on with you?” John responded and Sam flinched slightly.

“Sometimes I have dreams………and they come true.” Sam answered, raising his head defiantly.

“You………..why didn’t you say anything?” John demanded and Sam sighed.

“Because it was nothing, it’s never happened when I was awake.”

“You have visions.” John stated flatly and Sam shrugged.

``````````````````````````````````````````
“How’re you feeling?” Dean asked as he dropped down to sit beside Sam. Mary giggled and jumped to him, knowing Dean would catch her and he did.

“Well it feels like before I left for school.” Sam admitted quietly. Dean sighed and wrapped an arm around him, smiling when Sam leant into him.

“It’ll be okay Sammy.”

“Are you mad?” Sam asked softly and Dean sighed.

“Annoyed that you didn’t tell me about the dreams but no, I’m not mad.” Dean answered and Sam nodded.

“I’m sorry Dean, I just…..I didn’t think. I wanted it to just be one of those things. Déjà vu or something.” Sam admitted and Dean nodded in understanding. “I don’t know what’s happening to me.” He choked and Dean put Mary down, pointing her in Bobby’s direction and she ran off happily. He pulled Sam closer, hugging him as Sam clung to him. There were no tears but Sam was shaking as if he was crying.

“It’s okay Sammy, we’ll figure this out.” Dean promised and Sam managed a shaky smile.

“Thank you.” Sam whispered, leaning against him and Dean didn’t push him away. He hated the silence between Sam and Dad, he didn’t want it to blow up into a massive fight, and he didn’t want one of them to leave. “Not running.” Sam mumbled and Dean relaxed a little at that. They sat and watched Bobby play with Mary in the scrapyard, just enjoying the quiet.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````
“Bobby?” Sam called and Bobby tossed him a shotgun.

“Get Mary downstairs fast.” The older man yelled and Sam grabbed his daughter, running with her to the panic room.

“It’s gonna be okay Mary, Daddy’s gotta help Uncle bobby with something so you stay here. I’ll be back soon okay?”

“Kay.” She whispered, kissing him on the cheek. Sam smiled and hugged her tightly before going back upstairs, hearing Rumsfeld fall silent.

“Remind me to shoot your Daddy later Sam.” Bobby grumbled and Sam laughed as he grabbed a bottle of holy water. When the door was kicked open they both opened fire on the blond woman.

TBC…
So this is around s2 of SPN without Sam hunting. Hoping you can guess who the blond is.