Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Author's Chapter Notes:
A candle mark in my story is half and hour. And yes they use both clocks and candles to tell time. So I say it so shall it be. *grins*

The next morning in the Castle

Morning sunlight streams through the windows into the family dining room. Sitting at the head of the table is a formable man, his brown hair just turning grey; he looks at a scroll while every so often taking a bite to eat. On his right side sits a lady of incredible beauty her blond hair piled on top of her head. She looks up as the two young Princes enter the room the younger still waking up.

“Good morrow my sons,” greets the Queen.

The two boys chorus back, “Good morrow Mother, Father” before taking their seats on the left side of the King.

“Good morrow boys,” the King replies smiling at them over the scroll. “Carmela, my love, what do you think of this?” As he asks the King passes the scroll to the Queen.

Carmela blinks before giving a small smile, “Really Marcus? These are the most wanted of our kingdom? They are but children! Perhaps we should talk with Duncan about the effectiveness of our guards if they cannot catch two children.”

The younger brother looks up from his meal, “May I ask what it is that you two are talking about Mother?”

Looking towards her husband to make sure, she hands over the scroll, “Look for yourself Matthew.”

Taking another bite of food before taking the scroll, Matthew then chokes on it as he sees two on the scroll.

“Are you alright?” gasps the Queen as she watches her youngest cough and get his breath back.

“Fine Mother,” he reassures her before taking a drink of water. He then shows his brother the scroll causing him to choke on his drink.

“What is wrong with you two boys,” asks Marcus looking worriedly at his sons.

Nathaniel answers quickly, “Just surprised at how young they are Father. I mean the youngest must be around twelve to thirteen years of age.”

After their father nods in agreement the two boys quickly finish their meal and ask to be excused.

“Of course Nathaniel, Matthew, just remember that there is a meeting in the throne room two candle marks before noon,” reminds Marcus.

“Yes Father,” the two boys say, “Good bye Mother, Father.” Heading out of the family dining room; the two Princes look at each other and head to Nathaniel’s room.

Closing the door Matthew leans on it, “So we’ve found our guests from yesterday.”

Nathaniel snorts, “Yes the two most wanted thieves in the kingdom. Did you notice they think ‘none of your business' is a male?”

“Oh yes. With the cap hiding her hair and her breasts bound she could pass for a young one.” agrees Matt.

“So…” Nate sighs sitting heavily on the bed, “What do we do?”

“I don’t know.” Joining his brother on the bed the youngest then says, “But for some reason I think we’re going to run into them sooner rather than later.”

“You think so?” Nate asks hopefully.

Blinking Matt studies his brother, “You like her?”

“Well,” he raises an eyebrow and tries not to blush, “she is pretty,” Nate continues ignoring the remark of ‘in a can be mistaken for a boy somehow way’ “and she’s definitely not one of those weak willed, wants the crown, girls. Not that you're one to talk.”

“At least Jazmine didn’t threaten to kill me,” Matt shoots back remembering what his brother told him of what happened.

Nate glares at his brother before picking up a pillow and hitting him with it.

Two candle marks before noon at Alex’s and Jaz’s Home

“Where is she, where is she, where is she,” repeats Jaz walking circles in the front of their home. “She never been gone like this. If she’s gonna be gone long she says so, if not she’s back before I get up. If only I could put up those lost posters, ‘Lost Master Thief, Goes by Alex, If seen bring to abandoned Blacksmith’s’ Man I can just see her face… she might actually try to kill me if I did that though. Where can she b…”

A crash interrupts Jaz. Turning she sees a black clothed form lying just inside the building. What catches her attention though is the red hair. Running she helps up Alex only to gasp at the bruises and blood on her face. “Alex!”

The beat up girl groans, “Jazmine if you yell at me again I am going to have to kill you.” She then grabs her ribs as she breaks into a coughing fit. “I think I am going to need Nan this time.”

“What happened,” Jaz quietly asks leading the older girl to a chair.

“Ego detestari falsum custodies regni (I hate fake guards),” Alex unknowingly lapses into Latin.

“Um… In English this time?” says the confused girl.

“What? Oh. False guards,” the older one repeats. “Let us go to Avia’s (Grandmother’s)… I mean Nan’s place. Deum (God) I hurt.”

“Yep you’re making less sense than normal. Let’s go see Nana,” agrees Jaz helping the other up and starting out the door.

After trudging for awhile the two arrive at an old, but still in good shape, house, only to find a sign on the door.

“Great, I can’t read, Ooo lookie a picture,” Jaz states as she stares at the sign. “Um let’s see a… house, no that wouldn’t tell ya where she is, how ‘bout a… Oo! A castle she’s at the castle Alex… Oh crap.” Looking beside her she sees Alex slumped on the ground.

“Just go find Avia (Grandmother). I’ll stay here,” Alex groggily says.

“Uh no. Ya can’t speak right and you’re saying ya hurt. Ya need her now. The castle’s not that far away, let’s go. Yep we can make it no problem. All we need is ya to get back to stubborn and…” Jaz is cut off by a hand over her mouth. Making a face she removes the hand, “Ya know ya taste bad right now.”

Giving a weak growl the other responds, “Ambula (Walk),” and points in the direction of the castle, almost that is.

In the castle

Just as they enter the castle Alex falls to the floor unconscious. Jaz, since she was helping to hold her up, is taking down as well letting out a loud yelp.

“What is going…” starts Nathaniel as he walks into the entrance. “Jaz?”

“Help!” she pleads getting out from under the other girl. “Nana’s here right? Um… What’s her name… Crap! Oo! She’s a healer!”

Blinking Nate figures out what she was trying to ask, “Nadie? She’s in the throne room with everybody else. Who is… ‘None of your business’?”

“Huh?” Jaz is cut of as the Prince runs over and turns over Alex.

“What happened? No never mind I’ll take her you run to the throne room and get Nadie… Nana and I’ll follow. Somehow I think you’ll be faster than me,” he says as he gently picks up the fallen girl.

After getting directions to the throne room Jaz takes off.

In less than a minute she’s in front of the doors, well more like she’s running through the doors. Suddenly on a much smother floor Jaz yelps and slips, sliding all the way across the room until she stops in a blue and silver robe.

Looking up she sees brown eyes looking down at her in question. As she looks a little farther up she sees a crown. “Oh crap! You’re the King, I ran into the King, I’m so dead. Are ya gonna kill me? Alex always says she will but she doesn’t and… Hey! Nana! Um I’ll be right back mister King Sir.” She gets up and runs over to ‘Nana’. “Nana, Nana! Alex is really hurt this time. She took so long to come back and then she was speaking funny and now she’s asleep. Ya gotta help!”

“Calm yourself child,” Nadie says putting a hand on the girls head. “Where is she?”

“Um… Oh there she is!” Jaz points at the entrance where Nathaniel had just entered.

Catching a glimpse of the girl in his arms Nadie instructs, “To the infirmary Prince. Hurry we don’t know how bad it is.”

Nodding Nathaniel nods and turns and gently runs towards the infirmary. Nadie, Jaz, and to the surprise of the others in the room, Matthew, follow.
Chapter End Notes:
Ouch. Okay a character was hurt in the making of this chapter but she'll get better I promise.