Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


 

It's eight thirty when she gets up and she pulls on old clothes before grabbing a set of clean clothes and walking to the gym for a hot shower. Returning to her room, she finds everybody waiting on her and they talk about the pros and cons of the schools they'd been introduced to yesterday before going to brunch and the first of the remaining two interviews afterwards. The second one is at two thirty and they come back to the dorm to find the engineer coming up from the basement.

 

"Your generator is ready to go, it will come on automatically when the power fails and shut itself off when the power returns. The only thing you need to keep an eye on is the oil, it takes 10-40, we left a case down there but you can get it at any store when you start running out." They go downstairs and see the new generator, listening to how it operates and what they need to keep an eye on when it's been running during a major power outage before going back upstairs. The electrical engineer will be staying on for an extra two weeks to check out the other buildings for Principal Madison.

 

Dr. Blake calls them into the first floor lounge to talk about the schools they'd learned about and reminds them that they don't all have to settle on the same school when nobody can settle on one school, since they'd be taking their classes online, they could all be attending different schools. And they actually wouldn't be limited to a single school, the forms she was handing them to fill out made them Global Dynamics employees and employees could take their classes from any school in the GD system. They fill out the paperwork and Dr. Blake takes it with a smile, scanning everything on her portable scanner and sending it somewhere. An e-mail notification pops up on her computer screen, opening the message she tells them to go to their rooms, take the computers she'd brought them out of their boxes and follow the instructions on the screen to sign up for the degrees and schools they wanted, this way they could sign up for their classes and have their books and supplies before Christmas.

 

Josette opens the large carton she'd put on the floor this morning, opening the box on top and plugging in the laptop inside, blinking as a screen asking for her name and id number appears on the screen.

 

"Your id numbers are your social security numbers," Allison calls from the hallway, expecting the first question. Josette silently types hers in and the screen changes.

 

Welcome to the Global Dynamics Continuing Education Section Ms. Takahawa, the screen says. Please select your first degree and school you wish to attend from the drop down menus.

 

"First degree?" Anna asks.

 

"Most of your planned on going for more than one degree, right? Global Dynamics offers you the chance to go on and get as many as you want. The limit you can get at one time is three, but you can get one, then go on and start a second."

 

Do you wish to go for a dual degree in another major right now? y/n

 

Josette thinks a long moment, looks at the classes she would need for an information technology degree, reminds herself that she'd be taking all her classes online so she doesn't have to commute and clicks yes.

 

Please select the second course you wish to sign up for at this time. the screen says and she selects information technology. When the screen says are you sure she clicks yes again.

 

Please wait while we check your school records and compute what classes you will need for your degrees. the computer says.

 

"Is everybody at the computing classes screen?" Allison calls.

 

"Yes," everybody says.

 

"That's going to be at least an hour, lets go to dinner and by the time we get back they should be finished. Then you can print out the classes they suggest you sign up for and I'll fax them to the schools. You should have your receipt for your next semester's classes and your supplies in a week." Allison says as she starts shooing everybody out of the dorm and down the sidewalk to the dining hall.

 

"Did you get them signed up?" Principal Madison asks as the kids settle at their usual table.

 

"Yes, after I reminded them they didn't all have to decide on the same school since everything was going to be online except for tests, finals, and any special classes they need."

 

"Is the generator ready for use?"

 

"Yes, the electrical engineer will be talking to you in the morning about what buildings you want him to look at while he's here, he'll be here for two weeks."

 

"I'd suggest one for the boys dorm since the girls and now the other dorm has one, but since we're going to be building a new one next year it wouldn't be worth it. The administration building I'd like to see with a generator and the school buildings."

 

"The students will be heartbroken about not getting a day off of class because of a power outage anymore." Druid chuckles.

 

"I know, but we must think of their education." Jolt says pompously before he starts grinning.

 

"Are you sure that David's family can erect two buildings at the same time?" Druid asks.

 

"Yes, they usually have a number of sites under construction at the same time. This will actually be easier on them since it's in the same area and they don't have to commute from one site to another to check on the construction."

 

An hour or so later after everybody heads back to the dorm, Josette checks the computer and sees it's still blinking computing and then looks at the time. "Anybody want to go grocery shopping when the superstore opens back up at eleven or wait?" She starts putting the few remaining groceries back in the refrigerator and freezer.

 

"I need to e-mail the company and get the plans for putting up a space around the generator and get a set of shelves to put supplies on. Anybody else need anything that we have to run into Boston for?" David asks.

 

"Yes, sitting in that nice chair in the meeting room made me realize what a piece of crap mine is, I need to get a new one." Josette says.

 

"Yes, especially if we're going to be sitting at them for hours." David agrees.

 

"Is everybody on the next screen?" Allison asks.

 

"No," Josette says. Allison comes in and looks at her, then at the screen.

 

"The megastore's open, isn't it?" Alan asks.

 

"Yeah, but they're more expensive, even with the coupons we clipped or got from the basket in the dining hall." Josette complains.

 

"Yeah but. . ."

 

"I know, I know, I'm a cheapskate." Josette grabs her wallet and David kisses his godmother before he opens a tesseract to the megastore, he's found all the blind areas at the local stores where the cameras don't quite meet in the years since he's arrived at school and they walk in, getting carts and baskets and filling them with fruit, vegetables, meat, and a few other items that weren't on the list but the store had on sale before pushing the carts outside and opening a tesseract, carrying through bags before Alan and Abby put the carts in a nearby corral.

 

"Josette, is your computer on the next screen yet?" Allison asks as they head to their rooms with bags of groceries.

 

Josette looks over at her desk from where she's putting bags on the counter. "Yes."

 

"Good, I was beginning to worry. Everybody check the classes you have listed, there should be eight listed, more if you've gone for a second degree. You don't have to sign up for all of them, just click on the ones that are the most important for you, if they're classes you should have already have had, they'll be listed at the top of the page, as I said you can take as many as you want but this first semester, I'd limit myself to six, that's still considered a full load. You can always take classes that aren't part of your degree but interest you later, right now I'd just stick to the classes for your degree." She walks into the rooms, looking over shoulders as the kids look at the descriptions of classes needed and select the classes they wish to take this semester. Josette is scrolling up and down the page, finally selecting eight classes, then clicking on a ninth before going back to her grocery bags. Allison just shakes her head.

 

"If you've all selected your classes, click next. That will take you to the next page. Does anybody have a printer that isn't wireless?"

 

"Yes." Susan and Alan chorus.

 

"Bring your computers in here and use ours to print," Josette and the twins call. They enter their rooms and take seats at the tables.

 

"On the next page, after making sure you have the classes you'd selected click the send button to finalize your classes. On the next page it will ask you if you want to print a copy for your records. Select two copies, one for you and one for me, then hit print." Papers start coming out of the printers. Susan takes them and sorting out the copies while Josette puts groceries and her other purchases away, folding the bags inside each other to return to the store. Allison comes around and collects her copies, telling everyone they can shut the computers down for now, they can install the programs they'll need before classes begin next semester then goes to her room to scan and fax the papers before going up to the third floor lounge the school representatives took over while they're at the school and waves the papers, Charlie grinning as he reads them and hands them around.

 

"Susan, Alan, and David were the only ones who didn't go for a double degree right away?" one of them asks. "I thought I'd snagged Josette for my school." He smiles.

 

"Yep, you all got at least one of them. I'm not sure if David is going to go for a second degree, but Alan and Susan are pre-med and -law."

 

"Yes, with those degrees I wouldn't go for a second degree right away either." one of the other representatives says.

 

"I can't believe Josette signed up for nine classes." One of the representatives shakes her head.

 

"I can," Charlie chuckles. "You all know now that I taught here a couple of years. I was Josette's math teacher her freshman year. Students are allowed to take up to eight classes in a semester, six required and two electives. You have to keep your grades up and prove you can handle the responsiblity of those two other classes, Josette was taking eight classes from the beginning her freshman year and I doubt that she stopped after that."

 

"No, according to her school records she graduated with 96 class credits."

 

Charlie nods. "That would have been 8 classes a semester, for all four years. Including the summer semester after the rest of her year would have chosen to graduate."

 

"And she was working four nights a week in the laundry most of that time." Allison shakes her head.

 

"How many classes did she take at Screw U?" The others look at him and he shakes his head. "Alan's nickname for University of Massachusetts, Boston. He used it once and it seems to have stuck with the group. With how the university has been acting, the name seems apt."

 

"Four classes, even though she came in as a third year student because of all the AP classes they took, the school suggested they only take that many their first semester."

 

"Only four classes? Josette must have been bored to tears." Charlie shakes his head.

 

Josette shuts down the computer and finds a computer bag in the carton with other boxes, putting it in the bag she puts everything in the closet and starts looking through the contents of the two goodie bags from that day, finding other computer programs, clothing, some books, and other items meant to entice them into applying to their school.

 

David taps on the open doorway, coming in and leaving the door cracked open behind him. "I've got the plans for the enclosure around the generator, I need to plug the dimensions in for the finished size, materials, and equipment needed lists. But I wanted to check out your computer chair first." he sits down and immediately shifts, it creaks alarmingly. "Yeah, this thing has got to go, Jennifer offered to take care of it for me when she was here before." He pulls her onto his lap and Josette can feel his hard cock under her as they start kissing.

 

"If the dorm wasn't filled with our guests right now, I'd have you howling for my cock." he promises her.

 

"Only if you had a condom on it." Josette grins. "Your godmother wants me to switch to a different birth control formula since this one has a history of interfering with magic. I'm on my spacer right now, so I'm not protected."

 

"Not if I was fucking your pretty little ass." David whispers in her ear.

 

"Wait until everybody is gone." Josette says as somebody knocks on the slightly open door.

 

"Come in," Josette calls and Allison comes in, grinning at the pair.

 

"Am I interrupting anything?" She says.

 

"We were just talking." David grins, goosing Josette as she gets to her feet.

 

"Just talking?" She snorts.

 

"We aren't going to have sex with everybody in the dorm. . ." David rolls his eyes.

 

"And you're waiting on the results of the blood work before you put me on a different form of birth control."

 

"Yes, and I just got them back." Allison pulls up a chair at the table and sits down. "I know from the school that your medical will cover birth control, but your benefits won't start for a few months yet."

 

Josette nods. "They start the end of the semester after you apply for them, in my case the end of April, early May."

 

"From the levels in your blood, I'd say you're on your spacing row of pills right now?"

 

Josette nods. "I should be starting my three days of hell day after tomorrow."

 

"Are your cycles bad?"

 

"If you consider bleeding like a stuck pig and cramps most over the counter stuff doesn't even touch bad, yes. At least mine are normal, Anna's are so damn erratic."

 

"Have you had a gynecological exam?"

 

"Yeah, three years ago?" Josette thinks back. She gets up and walks next door, tapping on the door and sticking her head inside. "The school scheduled our gynecological exams during our sophomore year, right?"

 

"Yeah, the same time they started us on birth control." Allison hears one of the twins say.

 

Allison brings up her phone and starts typing. "You're still planning on going into Boston tomorrow?"

 

"Yeah, I need to run the dimensions for the generator enclosure through the computer and Josette needs a new computer chair. I figured we'd go to Lowe's, the mall, and the warehouse store. Alan can put the building materials in subspace so we have room in the cars for the rest of our purchases.

 

"David, you know where the Sheriff's office is in town. You might not have met Sheriff Carter yet, but Deputy Lupo knows you. Can you open a tesseract there next Wednesday morning and bring everybody to Eureka, we'll get you temporary id badges and take you up to Global Dynamics for physicals and gynecological exams for the girls. You should all be about out of birth control pills."

 

The twins nod in the doorway as they come in with the others. "We got a six month supply before our school insurance ran out in April, we're on the last box right now. Screw U's insurance they forced us to get didn't cover them."

 

"Most universities health plans don't." Allison agrees.

 

"Do you need us to skip breakfast for blood tests?" Alan asks.

 

Allison nods. "Yes, that way we can do a complete physical. Michael, Alexander, I'll set up a meeting with the agents I told you about, that way you can get to know all of them and decide who you want to represent you. I'll tell everbody who you are after you sign with somebody." She starts typing in her phone again after giving everybody hugs and walking from the room.

 

"Does anybody know if the dorm's artificial tree is still down in the storage unit?" Alan asks.

 

"It must be, I can't see them taking that and leaving everything else." Josette shrugs. "We can look for it and the boxes of ornaments in a few days. Do we want to put it up on the table out of the puppies reach? Or move the table out of there for the time being and put gates up around the tree to keep them out?"

 

"Move the table out of the way for the time being. I've been meaning to check the wall there for studs and putting up racks to hang up hats, coats, and scarves when we come in the front door."

 

"Susan, how are you doing on money?"

 

"I've got to go to the track for a day or so and win a few races." She says. "Maybe we'd better dig the tree out sooner, I noticed it was getting pretty bad last year, we might want to get a new one." Josette thinks a moment and nods. "Yeah." They head downstairs into the dorm's storage room, turning on the lights and hunting for the cartons marked christmas decorations and the tree. Pulling everything out they shut off the lights and get everything upstairs into a spare room, shaking their head when they open the box. "Yep, definitely need a new artificial tree." David puts that down on his list and they start picking off the set of lights, plugging it in to see if it still works before putting the tree back in the box. Since he's going home in a couple of days, he'll set it aside so Jennifer can get a little energy from it, he'll have Alan put it and Josette's desk chair in subspace before they leave. They look at the decorations next, each of them making a mental note to look at some newer ones in the stores.

 

David heads to his room, opening the computer program his family's company uses for building and pulling up the file for the generator enclosure they'd e-mailed him, inserting the dimensions and what kind of door he wants in the opening before printing out the resulting pages of instructions, materials needed, and tools needed. He has to get up and get a new ream of paper from the storeroom, putting paper in the printer for the last page before he shuts off the lights and lays on the bed, slowly stroking himself as he imagines Josette writhing under him as he pounds into her willing body.

 

After breakfast, and most of the insanity of doors opening for black friday sales should have worn off, the group settles in Alexander and Michael's van and David's car for the drive into Boston, turning off the radios at the first christmas song. Josette just chuckles at the disgusted looks on everybody's face, "You were expecting something else?"

 

"Couldn't they have at least waited until November was over?"

 

"How many stores had Christmas stuff out before Thanksgiving? Hell, with the Halloween decorations in some places."

 

"True." Susan says. They pull into the parking lot by Lowe's and the warehouse store, locking up the vehicles before heading inside. While David heads to the contractors section to get what he needs, Josette and the others start wandering the aisles, ending up at the display of artificial trees and looking them over before they all decide on one, then look over at David comes up. "That one?" he asks, pointing to the one they'd all been looking at and they nod, he takes the slip and heads to the front of the store, a worker coming up with the things he needs for the generator enclosure and the tree. Once they're on the side of the van, Alan starts putting everything into subspace before taking the flatbed carts back to the store and they walk down to the warehouse store, grabbing carts and splitting up.

 

Susan is looking at the printers when David finds her, he grins and points to one that will do everything she needs and puts two on the cart before she can argue. She shakes her head and rolls her eyes when he leers at her and says she and Alan can pay him back with sex but follows him down the aisles to find the others, looking at a selection of Christmas decorations. A desk chair is next and Josette sits in each chair for a few minutes, leaning back and relaxing and also hunched over like she was working at her desk before settling on one. David just looks at her and takes the slip for the desk chair she'd really wanted and whispers something in her ear, she just gives him a 'damn sex maniac' look and Susan gives her a knowing grin.

 

The grocery section is the last stop they make and they fill two carts with groceries before checking out, shunting everything into subspace after they arrive back at the vehicles. Just looking at the mall makes everybody shudder and decide to wait, so they head back to the school, pulling into the parking lot and walking inside before Alan starts pulling items out of subspace when they walk down to the basement. The food goes in the chest freezer or split between the three refrigerators while the materials for the generator enclosure and the set of shelves is put in the other room. Heading back upstairs they put the christmas tree box and ornaments on the table across from the mailbox, while the few remaining purchases are shuffled between their rooms.

 

The mail had arrived and they grab their keys when they see their boxes are full, opening the boxes and pulling out individual envelopes until they can fit their hands in and get all the remaining envelopes at once.

 

"Our grades." Josette says, finding one of those tear and pull envelopes in the mail with the university's address on it. Josette starts sorting out letter and finds two other envelopes with the school's return address on it, one rather thick.

 

"Do you think we should have Principal Madison or the school's lawyers here when we open them?" Abby asks.

 

"With all the shit Screw U has pulled already, I wouldn't put it past them to say we did this ourselves." Josette snorts. "Lock everything from the university in your desk and we'll talk to Principal Madison at. . ." she looks at the clock prominently over the hallway, positioned so that students could see the time from the outside, "at lunch. He'll want to be here when we open them."

 

David nods. "So will Grammy Allison and possibly at least one lawyer. Is there anything else in our mail that needs attention?"

 

Josette sorts out the letters from the university, holding up a letter from a lawyer in Boston. "I think so, did anybody else get letters from some law firm in Boston?"

 

Everybody looks through their letters and nods. Those letters go on the pile of mail to open with Principal Madison.

 

"A letter about student loans?"

 

"Open with Principal Madison and have proof from the bank and credit reports that we don't have one?" David says, shaking his head. "This sounds like the hacker's work there."

 

"Would the bank still have the proof we paid our tuition with our scholarship loans even if they've been paid off and converted to credit cards?" Anna asks.

 

"Yes, if not still on the computer then in storage." Michael says. "Anything else we need to worry about?"

 

"Hell, why not just open everything with Principal Madison there?" Alan says. "With a video camera running as proof we didn't tamper with the envelopes?"

 

"Sounds good me me actually." David says. "Somebody grab a school bag for all the mail and our real grades. . .Josette, grab your laptop and Ms. Sawyer's e-mail address, will you? If our grades have been tampered with and we do suddenly have student loans, she'll have another breaking story to open her news broadcast with." He grins. "We might even be interviewed again."

 

"I'm going to put my foot up somebody's ass sideway if this doesn't get taken care of soon." Josette grumbles. She moves around the box in the middle of the room, grunting as she shoves it until it's out of the way under her table and grabs her laptop and the envelope with Ms. Sawyer's e-mail address, runs into the bathroom to pee and change the pad in her underwear, feed the cats as the twins and Alan take their puppies for a walk out back past the parking lot and they all head to lunch after everybody's back at the dorm."

 

"Is there a meeting room that we can use that has a camera in it so we can tape everything?" Josette asks as she comes up to the head table. Principal Madison, Druid, Dr. Blake, and a visitor who Josette finally recognizes as one of the school's lawyers look at her. "We got our grades today, two other letters from the school, a letter from a lawyer's office in Boston, and at least a dozen other letters. . .each. Including something that looks to be about student loans."

 

Principal Madison closes his eyes, everybody who knows him knows he's counting to ten in every language he knows. "We can use the meeting room in the administration building, we use it when we have to deal with school matters that involve students. You didn't open any of them did you?"

 

"Hell no, I may have been born in the dark but it wasn't last night."

 

"Did you bring them with you?"

 

"In the bag by Anna's feet, along with my laptop and Ms. Sawyer's e-mail address. If it's as bad as I think it is, she's going to have a new breaking story for the lead on her nightly news tonight."

 

"I'll call the vice-president of the bank and have him bring proof that you paid for this year's tuition and books with your scholarship loans. He can also run credit checks for all of you to make sure nobody opened one in your name."

 

"Did you bring the proof of your real grades?" the school lawyer asks.

 

"Yep, grabbed them too."

 

Josette turns to go back to her seat after Principal Madison tells her that he'll come get them when the bank's vice-president arrives with the proof that they don't have student loans. He excuses himself to make the call and comes back to the table, shaking his head.

 

"Can't they ever get a break?"

 

"Well if the university's administration had just dealt with the hacker in the first place instead of letting him or her keep bothering the students like he has been, it never would have gotten this far. Now that everybody knows what's going on at the university, the school is trying to punish those students who have spoken out instead of acknowledging their shortcoming. Which makes them look incompetent at best and unsympathetic evil bastards at worst."

 

Druid looks at the lawyer. "You know, the school seems to be more interested in protecting the hacker than the students, I wonder if they don't already know who it is."

 

"Why would they. . .you think it's part of the administration, don't you?" the lawyer asks.

 

"Or somebody who used to be part of the administration." Druid says slowly.

 

"That's. .. horrible." Dr. Blake says.

 

"But it makes perfect sense." Principal Madison says. "Do the kids have a good case against the university?"

 

"Oh yes, they have an excellent case against the university. I'll be having them begging the students for their forgiveness by the time I'm finished with them. They'll be nearly crying, of course that might be from the large settlement I'm going to be asking for when this comes to court."

 

Josette eats four servings at lunch, everybody chuckling when she says she's girding her loins for the battle and head back to their dorm after lunch, David opening the box for the new desk chair and starts putting it together, Josette leaning back in the chair when Principal Madison taps at the back door.

 

"About time you got a new chair." he says as Josette gets up and slides it against her desk as David cleans up the debris, putting it in the recycling bins in the hallway before calling out that Principal Madison is there. The old chair is shoved out in the hallway for now as the others come into Josette's room and out through the back door, the bag with its precious contents over Anna's arm.

 

The others are waiting in the room and everybody introduces themselves when Principal Madison starts the camera rolling. Three long hours later after all the mail has been opened and as everybody had feared the hacker had messed with their grades, the school had sent them a letter claiming that they had been within their rights to ask them to leave, this time claiming they had failed their classes, and the letter from the lawyers office had been a standard cease and desist letter trying to keep them from speaking out against good old Screw U, the lawyer had laughed and said they must be getting desperate because they were no longer students there and there was nothing to keep private citizens from speaking out against any institution. Even as students the university had no right to keep them from talking against the school. The thick letters had been copies of their transcripts, altered to try to show classes they hadn't taken and grades they hadn't received. The papers about the student loans had said they'd have six months deferrence before they had to start payments and the bank's vice-president had said there was no record of any student loans on their credit reports. After copying all the letters and proof of their real grades, Josette sends everything to Ms. Sawyer with the subject line of 'they struck again' and sends the camera footage and all the letters by attachments with her e-mail, saying that they had the originals, the school had a copy, now she had a copy, and their lawyers had a copy. She receives a quick e-mail back a few minutes later, a simple 'thank you'.

 

After dinner she heads back to the laundry, turning on the six o'clock national news and grinning evilly as Diane starts out the news with the information she'd given her. "Piss me off, will you." Josette grumbles as she cleans the outer room and checks the dispenser and emergency closet. By the time the news switches to other stories she's finished in there and shuts off the television before going into the other room. She dumps the bags on the floor and starts shaking out sheets and towels, starting the machines before she turns to her laptop and finds a longer e-mail from Ms. Sawyer both apologizing for all they've been going through and thanking her for the story of the year. She ends her letter with hoping they'd find a new school to attend soon and Josette looks up from reading the rest of her e-mail when the machines finish their cycle. Pushing a cart in front of the machine she starts pulling out sheets and transfers it to the dryer before she starts emptying the cart, shaking out sheets and starting the second load washing. Sitting back down while the machines work she checks the latest news and finds out that the news crews are back at the university, demanding interviews with the administration as students protested their false grades in the school commons. Just as the police cars started to arrive the dryers signal they're finished. She starts emptying the first dryer into a cart, rolling it over to the folding machine and starts the first sheet through, walking around the machine to grab the sheet and set it aside before she runs the second sheet. The first cart is empty and she empties the second dryer of sheets into it when the washers beep they're finished. Grabbing another cart she tosses the sheets into the empty dryers, starting them drying as she empties the towels into a third cart.

 

The second cart of sheets is soon run through the folding machine and she sorts out sets of sheets and wraps them in plastic and puts them in the dorm's cart before turning to the towels and starts running them through. The towels are wrapped in plastic and set in the cart before the second load of sheets is run through , being put in the bags she precariously balances on the full cart and starts on the towels. It's two in the morning when she finishes and she unplugs her laptop and slides her school bag over her arm as she shuts off the lights in the room. Punching out, she starts rolling the cart through the tunnels to the boys dorm, then walks home, coming up through the basement and finding everybody still awake, gathered around the television in the first floor or third floor lounge.

 

"Josette, have you been keeping up with what's happening at the university?" Susan asks as Josette opens the door.

 

"The news crews were filming the students demonstrating against their fake grades and the police cars were rolling up when I had to turn away from the computer and start folding sheets and towels." Josette says as she settles on the floor in front of Susan's legs. "What did I miss?"

 

"The university insisted that the students demonstrating be arrested for trespassing when they wouldn't leave peacefully."

 

"They've paid their tuition, wouldn't that mean that they're allowed to be there?" Josette looks up at Susan.

 

"When school is in session yes, but technically the semester is over when the last of the finals are over. Now if they're in dorms or fraternities, they're not trespassing because they've paid money to live there while they're in school. But when the police started arresting the students, the news crews were filming it and the school insisted they be arrested too."

 

"The news crews weren't on the school grounds, were they?"

 

"No, that's why they couldn't have them removed before now. When the police refused because they weren't committing any crimes, the university turned their campus police on the news crews. It was one hell of a fight. They're showing it again now." Josette watches the initial scuffle with the students, the demand that the reporters be arrested, and then the campus police attacking the news crews.

 

"That is . . .insane." Josette says slowly. The door opens and Allison pokes her head around the door, sighing in relief when she sees Josette there. "When did you get here?"

 

"Ten minutes ago?" she looks up at the clock. "Yeah, that sounds about right."

 

"Try to get some sleep tonight. " She tells them before heading back upstairs to the third floor lounge.

 

"Ten bucks says this brings the big guns back to the university." Anna smirks.

 

"Sucker bet." David snorts. "The only question is will Ms. Sawyer be alone or will there be any other national news anchors reporting from the university. Of course she'll stay here while she's in Boston, no use getting a hotel room when she's welcome here."

 

Footsteps go past the shut door as the others come down from the third floor. "I'm all but in, I'm heading to bed." Josette says.

 

"Yeah, they're not talking about anything new." Alan says, shutting off the flatscreen mounted to the wall. They shut off the lights and after shutting off the hallway lights, head to their rooms.

 

David is up early and both the local and Boston newspapers are dropped onto the kitchen tables after everybody comes back from breakfast. They take turns reading sections and shake their heads at the news. "The state's going to have to come in and take the school over now."

 

"Yeah, Boston's branch is really giving the University of Massachusetts a black eye." Josette shakes her head at the news that those students arrested for trespassing had been released on their own recognizance pending trial and were talking with lawyers about suing the school for having them arrested. The news crews attacked by the school's security had brought in the station's lawyers and the only people still in custody were the school's campus police. . . for assault.

 

Josette walks down the hall, tossing the towels that they'd used to dry the puppies last weekend down the laundry chute as David goes down to the basement to start putting up the first of the stud walls around the generator. Alan and the twins are taking the puppies for a walk and the school representatives are either in the auditorium talking about their schools, talking to students interested in their schools, in their rooms on the first floor working at their computers or upstairs in the third floor lounge watching the latest news about University of Massachusetts, Boston.

 

Deciding she needs to get out of the dorm for a few hours she walks to the library, settling in a comfortable table in the sitting area and opens the library trade journal she hadn't had a chance to look at yet, spending a couple of hours quietly reading until her growling stomach and look at the clock tells her that she needs to eat. Lunch is over but she walks to the snack bar area, making a salad and filling a pita pocket with meat and veggies and puts both items and enough other items to make a full meal in her bag and heads to the dorm.

 

"Where were you?" Anna asks as she sees her coming around the back of the dorm. She opens her back door and Josette goes through their room into her own.

 

"Reading my trade journal in the library, I lost track of time." She empties the bag onto the table, tossing the journal onto the recliner, and bites into the pita. "What's up?" she asks after chewing and swallowing.

 

"Ms. Sawyer is at the school, she and Lester Holt from NBC news?" Josette nods. "We're being interviewed in the auditorium again after dinner. Your mail's on your desk."

 

"More hate mail from Screw U?"

 

"No thank goodness. There's been more requests for interviews though, Ms. Sawyer and Principal Madison are handling the requests. Wear something nice, maybe the outfit they had you wearing in New York."

 

"Can't, having my period."

 

Anna sighs. "Let me find you something you can wear that won't make you look like you're wearing a diaper. We brought a couple boxes of pads and tampons at the warehouse store, maybe you can put in a tampon and wear a panty liner in case it leaks before the interview." She walks over to Josette's closet and begins to sort through her clothes, pulling out a few changes of clothes and hanging them on the shower curtain. Normally she's lay them out on the bed but she knows they'd be covered with cat hair in seconds if she did that so the shower rod will have to do.

 

A pair of black slacks and white shirt are finally decided on and hung on the hook on the door, the dark color will hide any blood and she hangs the rest back in the closet before Josette finishes her meal, looks at the time, and hops into the shower, pouring bath gel onto the sponge and beginning to wash herself. The curtain opens and Anna gets in with her and they start kissing as Anna presses her against the wall of the shower, pushing a leg between hers. A soapy washcloth moves between her legs cleaning her for the dildo that pushes into her body.

 

"Let us make you feel better." She says as the curtain opens again and David settles into what little space there is left. He turns the girls around so Anna is leaning against the shower wall and Josette moans as a slick finger pushes into her ass. Anna begins pinching one nipple while taking the other into her teeth as David moves quickly from one to two to three fingers in her ass before slicking up his cock with lube and pushing into her ass. Josette leans against Anna and she can feel him moving in Josette's ass through her body, after a few false starts she begins moving the dildo in Josette's cunt in counterpoint to David's thrusts.

 

Josette shudders under the assault, reduced to mewling sounds that could have come from her cats as David slams into her ass one last time and his cum gushes up her ass. He leans against the girls as he turns the water off, Josette's body finally forcing him from her ass. She moans as the dildo that had been in her cunt pushes into her ass. David wipes his cock off with a cloth before sliding his leg between Anna's, pushing into her vagina as Susan helps Josette out of the tub, leaning her against the sink as she fucks Josette's ass with the dildo. The second orgasm leaves her nearly boneless and she helps her dry herself off before opening the box of tampons and inserting the applicator into her body. She helps her dress in the clothes Anna had put out, Josette waking enough to put a panty liner in her underwear before Susan takes her by the hand and leads her out to the other room, grabbing her makeup before she leaves the bathroom. Abby settles her at the table and puts on a light application of makeup on her before she starts combing out her hair, putting it in a french braid before holding it in place with hair spray.

 

When Josette's brain finally starts working, she looks at the clock and then at Susan and Abby. "Can I ask what the hell that was all about?"

 

"Your period always makes you uptight, and we wanted you to relax." Susan grins. "You don't like tampons and complain they hurt because you always tensed up when you inserted them. Of course that was before Alan popped you so you're used to have something a lot bigger than a plasic applicator in you vajajay now. You can't even feel it now, can you?"

 

"No, no I can't."

 

"That's how it's supposed to feel." Susan says. "Now we're going to the mall, the last of the insane Black Friday shoppers should be gone and we're going to walk around the mall, look at a few things that David wants we couldn't find at Lowe's or the warehouse store. We'll 'commute'," their shorthand for traveling by tesseract, usually without letting anybody know they're gone, "and relax for a couple of hours until dinner. I'll have an extra tampon in my purse in case we need to change it out before the interview."

 

Anna and David come out of the bathroom, Anna wobbling and David smirking as they look at the group gathered at the table. "Hand me my mail while we wait for the others." Josette sighs. "And unlock my dresser for my purse, these slacks don't have a pocket for my wallet."

 

"You poor thing." Abby chuckles, "We abuse you horribly." She opens the locked drawer of Josette's dresser, pulling out the small purse Josette hardly ever carries and hands her the mail. One of them is from Josette's new school and she opens it, nodding as she sees that she's been accepted as a student. "Ha, take that Screw U, tell me I'm worthless and no other school would have me." She puts it in the top drawer of her desk, she'll have to take it with her to the interview.

 

"Yeah, we got letters from our new universities too, they must have sent them out as soon as we chose our schools and degrees." Susan says, looking over her shoulder. The remaining letters are read and chucked in the garbage can next to her desk, she'll dump it in the recycling bin later.

 

"Jeez, suddenly have one credit card and you get a dozen applications."

 

"Yeah, that's usually how it goes." David says as he and Anna come into the room with the others. He opens a tesseract and they walk through the opening, stepping out in the mall's blind spot where the cameras don't quite meet and walk into the mall. There's a large christmas tree with a large fence around it and David snaps his fingers. "Baby gates or something else to keep the puppies from the tree."

 

"There's a sears in the mall, we can look or we can ask our parents how they kept us from the tree when we were younger." Anna pats him on the shoulder.

 

"Who's keeping track of the time?"

 

"I am, I set my watch to beep us at six o'clock." Alexander says. "That should give us nearly three hours at the mall."

 

They take the escalator up to the top floor and start down. One of the vendors in the mall hallway is piercing ears and the twins frogmarch Josette up and sit her in the chair. Two quick pinches and a neat set of posts are in her ears, she takes the instructions on how to clean her ears and is reminded to turn them once a day for a couple of weeks until the holes heal and pretends not to see the small bag that is quickly put in subspace when she joins the others.

 

An electronics store is next and Josette is pulled over to the wall of tvs. "Look at all the new tvs."

 

"Yes, and look at the nice big prices on them." Josette snorts. "Mine might be old but it still works."

 

"What about a new dvd player?"

 

Josette sighs. "Yes, mine did go up but I can get them cheaper at the superstore. And if I ever need a new tv, I can get one there too."

 

The others shake their heads and Josette smirks, she won one round. One of those stores that have dvds and cds is entered next, everybody splitting up to look at items and Josette looks at a couple of cds and one season set of dvds but puts them back, Alan putting all their purchases in subspace so they have their hands free. A bookstore is looked at but Josette keeps walking, that store never have anything she's interested in and there's a larger one on the second floor. After the third floor is looked over, they walk take the escalator down to the next floor and look around some more. This time Josette does enter the bookstore but doesn't make any purchases, even with the store's discount card she could get everything cheaper at Amazon.

 

One of those trendy t-shirt stores is looked at next and Josette jerks her head in Anna's direction, she pulls out a couple of t-shirts. "Abby?"

 

"Definitely." Josette pays for the t-shirts and Alan takes the bag before they go down to the first floor, walking into sears and heading for the baby section.

 

"Can I help you?" One of the associates asks as the obvious teenagers start pulling out and looking at different baby gates.

 

"Can these stack and link together? We're looking for something to keep the puppies away from the Christmas tree when we put it up." David asks.

 

The woman smiles. "No, but I can show you something that should work better." She leads them over to another section of the store and they leave with five accordian gates that can be linked together and a few sets of wicker storage baskets that can be put under a bench or table. Again everything is put in subspace as Alexander's watch starts beeping.