Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


 

"Do you need help, Ma'am?" a young witch at the porkey terminal asks. She can see the other woman is about to scream bloody murder.

"I have . . .an appointment with Minister Alexsandrkoff in forty-five minutes about a student wand. If you'll excuse me I need to freshen up." She glares at Ron. "Sit your ass down in that chair and do not move until I get back. If you do I will know. . .and I will hurt you."

She walks off.

Three hours later Ron is dragged along by Umbridge and an older man who take them to a floo.

"Welcome to the house of wands. Select your wand blank, length, and core." Ron starts grabbing stuff and Umbridge hexes him.

"We only have two galleons, five knuts. You can get cherry, redwood, or ash. . .and only in the ten inch lengths."

"But I want a willow wand, fifteen inches long."

"And I want to beat you to death. Guess who's going to get her way?" Umbridge smiles. Ron winces and blindly selects a wand blank. "Good, now select a core and let's go up to get it put together." Ron grabs one.

"Only one core, Ma'am?"

"This little fool doesn't need a more powerful wand, he's already broken two. He'd just end up hurting himself." She says as she watches the man work. She makes the mistake of letting Ron go and he's off, bringing back piles of stuff.

"I want this too."

"No, we only have six sickles left after this is done."

"But I want it."

"You don't even know what half this stuff is."

"No, but I want it." Ron whines and hiccups. She points and he bites her. "BUY.ME.THIS.OWWWW! You hit me."

"You bit me you little brat. Now go put all this back before I beat you to death." She glares at him but he starts putting things away. Trying out his new wand an hour later sees some blue sparks and she nods, walking towards the floo. Sirens start vgoing off.

"Ma'am, you and your companion will have to come with me. The sirens mean you passed a sensor with something you hadn't paid for."

Umbridge reaches out and grabs Ron by the collar, shaking him until his teeth rattle.

"What the hell did you do you little brat?"

"You wouldn't buy them for me, so I just took them. NOOOOOO, you can't take my stuff from me." Ron tries kicking, hitting, and biting but his pockets are emptied and everything he'd tried taking is returned to their display cases. Grabbing him by the ear, she drags him through the floo.

"We always have to have one." The woman says. The man with her nods. "Stupid kids who think that being magickal means they can do anything they want. That one seemed stupider than normal though."

"He's a pureblood from Europe."

"Ahhh, that explains it."

"But I wanted that stuff." Ron whines as they arrive back at Hogwarts.

"You don't even know what half of that was."

"But I wanted it." he whines. He's drug up to the Headmaster's office where a sighing Dumbledore calls Molly who after hearing what had happened starts screaming at Ron who's trying to back through the wall to get away from her. Meanwhile Umbridge goes to the hospital wing.

"Good lord, what happened." Poppy bustles around giving her a healing draught and something for the pain and possible infection.

"Weasley bit me when I wouldn't buy him everything he wanted. Then he was surprised when I hit him for it." Poppy sighs and nods.

"Is he normal?"

"All my scans have come back clear. I first thought the poor boy might have tapeworms the way he eats but the potions didn't have any affect. I thought he might have been hit by the Troll but both Miss Granger and Mr. Potter swear that he screamed and fainted before the Troll even came near him. What would have been his second year Lockhart tried to oblivate him and Mr. Potter, but the spell backfired since Mr. Weasley's wand was broken. Where is Mr. Weasley?"

"Being yelled at by his mother. The little shit tried stealing everything he wanted when I told him I only had two galleons, five knuts for his wand. He didn't know what any of it was. . .but he wanted it."

"What kind of wand can you get for that little money?"

"A cheap little thing that won't last very long, the Americans use them as starter wands in their schools." Umbridge remembers something she'd seen when the wand was being assembled.

"Madam Umbridge," Poppy taps her shoulder. "Oh sorry, just remembering something I saw. We were in the United States. . .but the wand blank said 'Made in China'?"