Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup


 

"But that's not fair." Ron drops onto the ground in the middle of Diagon Alley and starts kicking and screaming. "I want money for candy." Molly pulls him up by the ear, twisting it as she drags him into the store for parchment and ink.

"Thank you for bringing me along to get my books Professor Lupin." Hermione says as Harry and Sirius pick up the potions supplies they'll need for the year. After being proven innocent over the summer he'd taken the job of tutoring Harry, Hermione, and Neville in how potions are supposed to be prepared, he'd been hired by Augusta Longbottom to continue to tutor the three the rest of the year so they could take their potion OWLS a year early. Sirius didn't mind, not only was it an excuse to spend time with his godpup, he was tweaking Snape's nose at the same time.

"It was my pleasure Hermione, you've put in a lot of work over this summer." Hermione had nearly failed when the teachers started marking her down for doubling or even tripling the number of inches she'd been assigned. Her parents had not been pleased to be consulted by Headmaster Dumbledore and had given her hell for that, especially as she'd been warned by everybody not to give them more. The teachers had started failing her on essays that had gone over the limit without even reading them and she'd finally started measuring everything, it was only doing so well on her tests that allowed her to scrape a passing grade. She checks her letter and gets the books for her classes, picking up a few extrabefore going to the checkout.

"Do you have your supplies for your non-magical classes?"

"Yes, Mum and Dad picked everything up for me last week, it's already in my trunk and I'll be sending off monthly packets of work. After learning what the real chance a muggleborn has in the wizarding world, I'll be rejoining the non-magical world as soon as I graduate. All I can expect to do in the magickal world is marry and raise babies and with my luck I'd be stuck with Ron. He's going to end up living with his parents, unless his parents arrange a marriage for him out of the country."

"Not possible. Yes, while they are purebloods they have no money, land, or titles. Nobody would accept a contract with them. Even if it is the only way Ron will ever get married." Remus sighs as a loudly complaining Ron is drug away from Florian's. "Are you sure he didn't get hit over the head by the Troll?"

"Madam Pomfrey said there was no brain damage. . . probably because there was no brain to damage." Harry snorts, joining them with his purchases from the apothocary that Remus shrinks and pops into the bottomless bag. "Where to next?"

"Parchment and ink now that the Weasleys have their supplies."

"Muggle pencils and ink pens?"

"We've both got boxes of them and reams of paper for our non-magical assignments." Harry says. "I need a new fountain pen and quills though." Remus nods as they walk inside, getting the supplies both students need. This year Hermione won't need to have somebody get her more parchment by keeping to the required length.

"You two used to be friends with Ron and you're still close to the twins and Ginny. What do they have planned for the future?"

"Ron." Hermione huffs. "Still plans on leading the Chudley Cannons to glory, he fully expects somebody to show up with a contract to play the second he's of age. . .starting position of course." Hermione says sarcastically.

"Oh of course." Sirius drawls as Remus smirks.

"Despite the fact that he's yet to play quidditch for a house team. The no first years rule might have been waived for Harry by the teachers, but not Won-Won." Hermione smirks evilly. "The twins really want to open a joke shop to rival Zonkos." The two Marauders nod. They'd had Harry 'innocently' drop a few names around the twins and had the twins all but crawling behind them holding their robes that summer. The fact that they'd been able to get some potions training in also had made the twins pretend to swoon.

"Ginny wants to work at the Ministry in the mysteries department after what happened with her with the diary. Especially after Dumbledore tried to downplay everything and Madam Bones had landed on him like a sack of hammers."

"Not a sack of shite?" Sirius smirks.

"Once you wipe the crap out of your eyes and wash up, you forget the lesson. The lingering bruises and broken bones from the hammers remind you." Harry snorts.

"And you get lectured by Poppy for hammers, you get laughed at for shit." Hermione says with a smirk.

The next couple of weeks pass quickly and making sure they have everything Hermione and Harry start putting everything away in their usual compartment of the Hogwarts express, the basket of sandwiches, tarts, and fresh fruit going under a seat. Neville, Susan Bones, and Luna Lovegood join them in the compartment as the Weasleys run to catch the train.

"Harry, spot me a couple galleons so I can get some frogs when the snack lady comes around?" Ron asks, sticking his head in the door. "I'll return it when I get my allowance."

"Everybody already knows you're not getting an allowance, Ronald."

"Was Ron here?" Ginny asks, poking her head into the compartment a few minutes later.

"Yes, he wanted Harry to spot him a couple galleons for chocolate. He claimed that he'd pay him back when he got his allowance." Luna says.

Ginny snorts. "Ron isn't getting an allowance and even if he was it would take him weeks to pay Harry back. Mum's been laying down the law and Ron's not happy. Hermione, if he asks about your first year notes, tell him no. We took them away, he's got to take his own notes this year. Not that he will."

"Did the healers at St. Mungo's find any damage from Lockhart trying to oblivate Ron with his broken wand?"

"No, Mum had hoped that that might have been an excuse for Ron's problems but he'd already failed all his classes the year before that." Ginny heads back to her compartment where the others are waiting and soon enough a sneering Draco arrives to play taunt the Potter and gets his ass handed to him by the others, sending him running off vowing that they'd be in trouble when he tells his father about this.

"Stupid prick." Hermione snorts before the wagon comes around and they start digging into their baskets of food. The boys head outside as they get near Hogsmeade so the girls can change, then the girls head out so the boys can change and they head to the carriages.

Ron's stomach is grumbling by the time the new firsties are sorted into houses and he eagerly dives into the food when it appears on the table. It had been hours since he'd eaten on the train, and even then it had only been a half-dozen sandwiches, three apples, and two tarts. Why hadn't Harry given him the money for chocolate? It wasn't fair. Harry had plenty of money.

"Mr. Weasley, you'll be meeting Headmaster Dumbledore and the teachers tomorrow morning after breakfast to talk about your classes." Professor McGonagall says as she comes to the table after the meal to escort the students to the Gryffindor tower.

Ron's stomach is rumbling when he settles into 'his' seat in the Transfiguration class the first morning of classes, absently letting one rip as Professor McGonagall lounges on her desk like she does the first class every year.

The student behind him wrinkles her nose then covers her mouth with her hand, making a gagging noise as she rushes for the door. Ron ignores her and farts again, the second firstie behind him faints at his magnificence. Of course it has to be his magnificence, ignoring the x's over the eyes and the lily in his hand that rapidly turns black and disintegrates. Some people are such drama queens. He farts again, this time sending the rest of the first year students running from the room. One brave soul grabs the downed student's robe and drags him out of the room,.

"Mr. Weasley, what do you think you are doing?" Professor McGonagall screams from the doorway after returning to human.

"Farting." Ron says in complete stupid honesty. "I don't think that last sausage agreed with my stomach."