Imagine: The List
Fic posted by members of Vo's Imaginings YahooGroup

Author's Chapter Notes:

Yes, this is a short chapter. But it ends at a perfect stopping place.


"Mr. Weasley go see Headmaster Dumbledore at once. Detention cleaning the pens for Hagrid for three months. And two hundred and fifty thousand points from your house for your making a mockery of the first day of class." Professor McGonagall points a finger down the hallway and Ron trudges out of the classroom, farting again. "Misty, please take Mr. Watkins to Madam Pomfrey. And is there anything we can do about the classroom?"


A house elf pops into the hallway, going into the classroom and throwing open windows and casting cleaning spells before hurriedly running out. "No Miss kitty. What's happened? This not potion."


"No, this is Mr. Weasley." Professor McGonagall sighs. "Everybody, ten points for grabbing your bags as you ran and fifteen points for dragging your classmate out of the room Mr. James."


"Professor," a bold student asks. "Are. . .the points you took from him . . .?"


"Stand Miss Landers. The Gryffindor hourglass has already been updated. Misty, will we be able to have transfiguration today in the classroom?" A frantically shaking head.


"Tomorrow?" More shaking. "This week?" Professor McGonagall moans. "This month?" The elf shrugs this time.


"Class, I'm sorry for this disturbance. Transfiguration is canceled today, read the first chapter in your books and be prepared to work next period when we have a different classroom to work in."


"Why do I have detention?" Ron whined as he trudges down a hallway. "All I did was answer Professor McGonagall. It's not my fault that last sausage didn't agree with me."


"What did that damn fool do now?" Albus moans as the small hourglass in his office changes to show the updated total. An alert has the gargoyle moving and he winces as he smells Ron letting one rip on the moving staircase before he comes into the office.


"I don't know why I'm here." Ron starts bleating immediately as he comes into the office, farting again. The patronus Minerva sends out a few minutes later telling Albus what had happened has him glaring at Ron. Ron stares back at him but finally has to look away as Albus lists his punishments.


"But all I did was answer her question." He continues to bleat as he walks to his next class.


That afternoon Albus has Percy Weasley, Cornelius Fudge, and a woman who looks like a toad in a pink sweater introduced as Madam Delores Umbridge in his office talking about the tri-wizard tournament announcement that would be made at dinner.


Fawkes makes a whimpering noise when the three leave his office.


"I agree Fawkes, Cornelius is a fool, Weasley is a boot-licking toady, and I will never be able to see the color pink without shuddering." Albus pops a lemon drop in his mouth and closes his eyes, relaxing until dinner.


"What do you mean there's no quidditch this year?" Ron howls at dinner.


"Shut up idiot." His sister snaps. "You've got us so far in the red our great grandchildren will be in the negative and all you can care about is quidditch. And what the hell do you care, you can't play."


The news of the tri-wizard tournament has Ron beaming, he fully intends to put his name in the goblet. Dragon pox on anybody who tells him he's too young, they're just jealous that he's a virile young man and winning the tri-wizard tourny will both get all the major teams interested in him, he'll listen to their pitches and then break the news to them that he's going to be playing for the Cannons and with his own money he can eat all the chocolate he wants without Mum and Dad saying anything.